FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Premier inn or travel lodge

Premier inn or travel lodge

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Which of these hotels do people find the best for meets and why.

I only use Premier Inn

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Which of these hotels do people find the best for meets and why.

I only use Premier Inn "

Days Inn or Best Western for me

Wherever work put me!

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

premier inn, travellodge, ibis, copthorne ..dont mind any off them as they dont care about how many are in the room

By *urgen666Man  over a year ago

bridgend

Had a liaison in a Travelodge the other night. Not a bad experience at all. Much better than in a private hotel.

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Have used both but tend to prefer premier out of the two. Saying that though have used Ibis a few times and love their walk in showers

Premier inn. Travelodge have got some really rough places that they've not looked after. Dirty.

Bgham Fort Dunlop was the worst just awful.

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

I like the early check in feature with the travelodges, gives you a good full afternoon for a daytime meet, prefer premier inns for overnight meets

By *awkeye and HotlipsCouple  over a year ago

Takeley

Travelodge is a complete sh**hole, premier inn, better and bigger beds, oh yeah!

By *ureBadnessCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

I only use Premier Inn "

Depends on the location and price! All being equal Premier Inns are better quality, as are Ibis. Etap Budget make Travelodge look like a palace mind!!

We like the Britannia group, the hotels may be a bit shabby, but they have some great deals, impressive buildings, and have spa's on-site....

Stayed in an Ibis recently, and had a lovely meet there - have to agree with a previous comment - the walk in showers are lush! and very handy!!!

Days inn are really good

I use laterrooms a lot now. You can get some cracking deals at some nice places. Premier Inn have increased their price quite a bit now they've established themselves in the marketplace - fair play to them mind.

Premier inn everytime. Tried a Metro inn the other day, NEVER AGAIN it was awful and beyond depressing.

The best budget hotels I've found is Hampton by Hilton, they are lovely or Holiday Inn express again pretty good.

I'd also recommend serviced apartments for a slightly more private meet and can be very cost effective

Premier Inn in Bamber bridge is great because you can get someone in without them having to walk past reception and the one in Darwen has a 2nd entrance via the restaurant.

Thumbs up for Best Western.

Does anybody know what is the earliest check in times for these hotels. We are available during school times but have a spot of difficulty finding a hotel available during that time.

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

best western, suprising what great deals you can get if you phone direct too, and quality rooms

"Does anybody know what is the earliest check in times for these hotels. We are available during school times but have a spot of difficulty finding a hotel available during that time. "

Most, as in TL or PI are 3pm. However, you can ask for early check in, usually 12.

The other plan is to check in at 3 and ask for late check out and go in the morning.

TL charges for the extra service, PI I am not sure.

If you can plan your meets 21 days in advance then premier Inn is only £29

Leicestershire

"Does anybody know what is the earliest check in times for these hotels. We are available during school times but have a spot of difficulty finding a hotel available during that time. "

Google dayrooms - there are some websites which book hotels between 9-5 for 'business'

By *eddonistikMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I only use Premier Inn

Depends on the location and price! All being equal Premier Inns are better quality, as are Ibis. Etap Budget make Travelodge look like a palace mind!!

We like the Britannia group, the hotels may be a bit shabby, but they have some great deals, impressive buildings, and have spa's on-site...."

Amazed you speak well of Britannia, I always found them very grotty, (around Greater Manchester), so much I haven't stayed there for a while. However recently I was on another sight and the main vote went against Britannia.

Travelodges can be fantastic, okay or shit in my experience, depends what you're using them for?

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Ibis do day rates.

Premier Inn beds are much better than Travelodge for me.

I usually use Travelodge or Holiday Inn Express.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

Premier Inn as the beds are ace. Not a fan of Travel Lodge and Days Inn are even worse.

Only stayed at one Brittania, cheap and basic, but had the pool ans spa, so that made up for it.

eeuuuww travelodges are generally rank....but hey you get what you pay for...!!!

I prefer a nice hilton

I only use Premier Inn even for business trips as the rooms are generally spotless, large and the bed firm

Manchester

Surprised no ones mentioned the Village hotel chain, normally quite nice with fantastic proper swimming pools. My main reason for liking traveldges is I tend to drop off my stuff late afternoon, early evening, sometimes it's late at night. Have a cup of tea, sleep, have another cup of tea when I wake up. Shower etc, another cup of tea then on my way. Why pay fortunes for that, I won't use the ones on motorway service stations though, too bloody noisy.

By *istress v in yorksCouple  over a year ago

south Yorkshire

Premier Inn, hate the other with a passion. cheap beds,well just cheap and nasty full stop. whereas PI provide a very comfy bed, perfectly suited for for laying a man on the edge and fucking him with a strap on and when I broke my ankle whilst i was staying there (didnt break it in the hotel, but chams) the staff were brilliant and even tho I go to the wolves one a lot they don't bat an eyelid when I'm seem with different men lol

I only use Premier Inn "

By *G9971Man  over a year ago

west dorset

PI - generally consistent quality - rooms well appointed and large bed

TL - variable - best is OK - worst is dire

Britannia - central Manchester - grotsville irrespective of spa

Try citizenM - a new chain - fresh and wacky!

For play time PI...

Premier inn

The last Travelodge I used for a meet there was one tiny little bar of soap for use after washing your hands, there was no shower gel so my companion couldn't shower before he left. Thankfully I had taken a little travel sized bottle with me so I was ok.

By *harlieannCouple  over a year ago

norwich

Charlie stayed in a B&B once and ended up having fun with the landlady.So tend to use them now cos you never know

Premier inn, Travel lodge are ok if you get one of the refurbished ones, Acle has just been done x

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

A few of the travelodges have upgraded recently. The one in Salford Quays is one of them. The beds are really comfortable and the rooms quite nice. I don't really like the ibis. However my favourite was the hilton. Looking out over Manchester at night was beautiful. The beds are huge and the facilities great.

If you have enough notice you can book decent rooms quite cheaply as most do a over 21 days in advance deal.

A poster above asked about daytime hotels. I have been able to book a hotel for £50 for two nights in the past. Just for that purpose so I had the room all day from early on x

Up North

"The last Travelodge I used for a meet there was one tiny little bar of soap for use after washing your hands, there was no shower gel so my companion couldn't shower before he left. Thankfully I had taken a little travel sized bottle with me so I was ok. "

Ah you could have spared a little for him.

I always take my own toiletries but I find most men don't. But I am happy to share as long as I get to lather them up as well

"The last Travelodge I used for a meet there was one tiny little bar of soap for use after washing your hands, there was no shower gel so my companion couldn't shower before he left. Thankfully I had taken a little travel sized bottle with me so I was ok.

Ah you could have spared a little for him.

I always take my own toiletries but I find most men don't. But I am happy to share as long as I get to lather them up as well "

No chance, not my problem he didn't bring any. Lol

"Charlie stayed in a B&B once and ended up having fun with the landlady.So tend to use them now cos you never know"

That was going to be my next question. Has anyone pulled a member of staff at these hotels?

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

hilton hotel park lane only.

oh yeah and your paying

"Charlie stayed in a B&B once and ended up having fun with the landlady.So tend to use them now cos you never know

That was going to be my next question. Has anyone pulled a member of staff at these hotels?"

PI Leicester we had our only ffm meet. Half way through play my mobile ring, which was the number I'd given with the booking asking if we were swingers ? When I asked who it was they put the phone down. Mr notts said one of the male staff members had followed him to our room quite suspiciously. The cheeky sod must have gone back to their computer system to get my mobile number.

"Charlie stayed in a B&B once and ended up having fun with the landlady.So tend to use them now cos you never know

That was going to be my next question. Has anyone pulled a member of staff at these hotels?

PI Leicester we had our only ffm meet. Half way through play my mobile ring, which was the number I'd given with the booking asking if we were swingers ? When I asked who it was they put the phone down. Mr notts said one of the male staff members had followed him to our room quite suspiciously. The cheeky sod must have gone back to their computer system to get my mobile number. "

Should have reported him, data protection, should only view your personal info when they need to and not for prying x

We prefer Travelodges .

Recently though we have noticed that it's down to one little bar of soap and one big towel and one little , not much use if your wife is a towel hogger .

Also the room layout is becoming crap as where once there was a mirror and table and chair so the missus could put her make up on now in some it's just a mirror .

The one we used in Aldershot recently was spartan in the extreme , it's now having a refurb after being open just a year.

"hilton hotel park lane only.

oh yeah and your paying "

I like your style but you're paying

Manchester

"We prefer Travelodges .

Recently though we have noticed that it's down to one little bar of soap and one big towel and one little , not much use if your wife is a towel hogger .

Also the room layout is becoming crap as where once there was a mirror and table and chair so the missus could put her make up on now in some it's just a mirror .

The one we used in Aldershot recently was spartan in the extreme , it's now having a refurb after being open just a year.

"

I usually book for a family room or for two people at least it's never cost me more than for a single. If you do it that way you get plenty of soap and towels

Premier Inn in Oxford just been refurbished and has an annexe away from reception. Was in an Ibis on the continent the night before my last PI stay and it made the PI look like a palace. Maybe uk Ibis better?

No wonder I didn't get a meet after booking Travelodge! Should have gone for Premier inn...

"We prefer Travelodges .

I usually book for a family room or for two people at least it's never cost me more than for a single. If you do it that way you get plenty of soap and towels "

I always book for 2 even if it's just for me cos you just never know

I've been to both Premier Inns in Romford and the Travelodge. The beds and rooms at Premier Inns are much better but if you're only staying a few hours the Travelodge is adequate. I'm all for cheap and cheerful me

I'm never using Travelodge again

oh yeah and your paying "

I met a friend at the Hilton Paddington and went home instead of staying. It didn't feel cosy and I wanted my own bed

I prefer the Prem Inn over a Travelodge BUT its more to do with who your with than the decor, just as long as its clean

"A few of the travelodges have upgraded recently. The one in Salford Quays is one of them. The beds are really comfortable and the rooms quite nice. I don't really like the ibis. However my favourite was the hilton. Looking out over Manchester at night was beautiful. The beds are huge and the facilities great.

If you have enough notice you can book decent rooms quite cheaply as most do a over 21 days in advance deal.

A poster above asked about daytime hotels. I have been able to book a hotel for £50 for two nights in the past. Just for that purpose so I had the room all day from early on x"

I've stopped in the one in Manchester. Right @ the top and a quick stroll away from Canal Street x

By *allieJWoman  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Britannia - Wigan, agree a tad grotty, but they do day rooms have used to book in at 10am till 6pm.

Ibis - check in at midday, very handy for afternoon meets. Also check out at midday.

Premier Inn - preferred choice for late afternoon, early evening meets

By *lassic1Man  over a year ago

bellshill

I must recomend the Belgrove Hotel in Glasgow....Its got everything. !!!

Had recent overnight meet at Travel Lodge. Room was ok, sofa bed good. I

used it so mrs zippyzap and the guy we were meeting had bed to themselves all night.

However, the room was roasting hot. No Air Con and windows could not be opened more than an inch or so. That did nothing other than let in the nose of traffic.

When we came back after going out for dinner as a trio, we had to squeeze past several members of staff who had all contrigated by the front door smoking.

Sure they knew what was going on but didn't bat an eyelid.

Also car park was so small that several other guests had to park elsewhere.

The heat however would put us off from using travel lodge again. Probably Premier Inn, especially as it seems they are relaxed on how many adults in the same room.

Manchester

"We prefer Travelodges .

I usually book for a family room or for two people at least it's never cost me more than for a single. If you do it that way you get plenty of soap and towels

I always book for 2 even if it's just for me cos you just never know "

See if you can get a family room next time, you get even more towels and a sofa / bed and a bit more room. Always been the same price as booking for one in my experience.

By *andyandy46Man  over a year ago

plymouth

Premier Inn far cleaner and mre comfortable than Travelodge.

Had a bed break once in Travelodge!

Premier inn has always been kind to us and the big bed gets four in comfortably

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

oh yeah and your paying

I like your style but you're paying "

anytime

Premier inn every time, some proper grotty travelodges out there

"We prefer Travelodges .

I always book for 2 even if it's just for me cos you just never know

See if you can get a family room next time, you get even more towels and a sofa / bed and a bit more room. Always been the same price as booking for one in my experience."

We always book for two and there used to be two large towels and two small and a spare , now, as I said, there is just one of each.

The one we used in Bournemouth was another of the super heated variety .

We escaped just to cool down as the windows are on a safety strap so they only open an inch .

And this was early October , god knows what they are like in August .

By *ptimusDMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Holiday Inn Express for me any day, or sometimes Holiday Inn. I sometimes use Travelodge depending on the circumstances, but haven't used Premier Inn in ages. I've found they're getting too expensive for what they offer.

I've got Holiday Inn discount codes that give me 35% off or 2 nights for the price of 1. For that you can check in from 2pm, Check out as late as 1pm (if you're an IHG Rewards Club member, which is free to join), the rooms look better than Travelodge & Premier Inn, they don't skimp on towels & toiletries and most importantly you don't worry about nosey receptionists trying to play "Spot The Non-Residents". Oh, and also Holiday Inn Express rates come with a full English breakfast thrown in.

That being said, if I only need a few hours to lay my head due to a very late check-in and a full blown session outside the hotel that runs into the very early hours of the morning, I'll settle for as cheap and cheerful as they come x

Has anyone ever had meet with a fellow hotel guest?

By *inkySCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Prem Inn west Brom Central - the staff know us now it's like home from home on a Saturday night - always have the 7th floor for the naughty clubbers. Never had reason to complain about anything there at all ( with the risk of sounding snobby) never stayed below 5* when we have been on weekends away but since hitting the swinging scene we are so impressed that our favourite club has such a great value for money place with the added bonus of £29 offers and if the normal price goes higher than £49 for a sat night we get club rate!

By *inkySCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Has anyone ever had meet with a fellow hotel guest?"

Our second time at Xtasia going back to our room at 3.30 the next door couple opened their door and asked if we wanted a "night cap" - being new to the scene and having just had my first fem/fem fun session we declined after a good chat at their door - now being the rudies we are would probably give a yes to naughty hotel invites!

Toilet paper in Travelodge is better than Premier Inn

"Has anyone ever had meet with a fellow hotel guest?"

Yep .

We hit it off with a couple at the T5 Travelodge.

We were at it until 4am , it was awesome.

Up North

Travelodge do great last minute deals which I find premier inn don't.

Also the refurbished ones are actually quite nice. The beds are very comfy and quite big.

[Removed by poster at 28/10/13 05:57:04]

I work for pi so biased plus discount big beds and a good night guarantee lok

Premier inn all the way stayed at slough travel lodge last thurs was nasty never again

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

I see Laterooms got a mention. My latest experience of them has been atrocious. I recently used them for an overnight trip to Leeds and the hotel was one of the worst I have ever stayed in. I left a very bad review, room 1 was dirty, no plugs in the bath or sink so I was moved to another room. Room 2 was dirty as well, bath had a plug but the hot tap didn't work. Room 3 was just dirty but by this point I just wanted a bath and bed.

Three weeks later they emailed me a recommendation for, yep you guessed it, the same shit pit of a hotel.

By *ecor atorMan  over a year ago

York

Premier Inn far better than travel lodge!

[Removed by poster at 28/10/13 10:07:06]

For meets, neither one. I use premium hotels for meets. Very easy to get a room at a good 4* hotel for well under £100 if you book a few weeks in advance.

Travelodge is OK if you pay well in advance and just need a place to sleep after getting in at 3:30 am.

I find Premier Inn overpriced for any purpose: Travelodge service levels at Holiday Inn prices. Will use them if there really is no acceptable alternative.

By *ral.steveMan  over a year ago

LEEDS

It's my job I could tell you some story's but I won't lol

"Have used both but tend to prefer premier out of the two. Saying that though have used Ibis a few times and love their walk in showers "

Walk in showers....mmmmm mmmmm

By *lanwoodMan  over a year ago

Alton

"Have used both but tend to prefer premier out of the two. Saying that though have used Ibis a few times and love their walk in showers

Walk in showers....mmmmm mmmmm"

I have one at home. If only I could get my wife to use it at the same time.

Any as long as it has firm bed

Alton

I had a meet earlier this year with a couple at the Travelodge at Eastleigh. What a dump! The room was soulless, no pictures, and the bath wasn't very clean. The only plus point was the easy access to the rooms without a key card.

I've met a woman at a Premier Inn in Salisbury. Very nice room but had to undergo the third degree at reception when we arrived, which was a bit awkward. They have key cards too, which can also be tricky.

"Have used both but tend to prefer premier out of the two. Saying that though have used Ibis a few times and love their walk in showers

I have one at home. If only I could get my wife to use it at the same time. "

Persist....lol

I like the anonymity (person-less check-in) of Travelodge and generally value for money for my regular evening couple of hours meet with my fuck buddy (time is always at a premium for both of us). I'm sure though premier is a better proposition for a good long overnight session. So maybe horses for courses.

Alton

I have one at home. If only I could get my wife to use it at the same time.

Persist....lol "

The words flogging, horse and dead spring to mind!!

By *peedypeteMan  over a year ago

derby

Premier tend to have bigger rooms but if you book Travel Lodge always book it for 3 people and then you get an extra bed.

I was in a holiday Inn express at weekend, that was roomy too. Avoid Etap, they have secuirty people wandering at night and ahrd to get folks in and out of rooms if not resident.

We used to use both until fairly recently. As stated some were particularly dreadful, dirty, tacky (travel inn) so we switched to PI. Ok and better than TI, but by chance we booked a room on laterooms. 4* for the price of the other 2 - £30 -£50 with breakfast. On the times we have used it we have had a suite, very large double rooms & a 2 doomed apartment. Will never go back to premier or travel lodge.

Should be 2 roomed apartment

I'm trying out the holiday Inn in Harrogate tonight

Having stayed in the Central Edinburgh Travelodge for 4 nights last week I would say Premier Inn.

TL is OK, the staff very helpful but the buildings and equipment are tired. Premier Inn seem to have a better facilities company keeping it together. Plus, I think the beds are bigger.

Don't care so long as it has a double bed and loads of towels

I've been to both. Premier inn nicer but was the guys choice, I go with the flow

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

The Guardian today reports on a Which survey of hotels.

Q hotels come top and Brittania come bottom.

Leicestershire

Premier Inn are running a promotion...the Great Night Getaway...

All you have to do is register, stay 3 times any day of the week between Friday 11th October 2013 and Thursday 30th January 2014 to earn a FREE Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday night. As long as your room rate is over £29 every stay will qualify.

» Add a new message to this topic