FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > IS IT ANY WONDER!!!!!!

IS IT ANY WONDER!!!!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Had to block a single guy this morning. Wasn't happy doing it but saw no alternative. Everyone deserves the chance for fun but tbh it's not a suprise that the genuine single guys get a raw deal. Had a message from a mature guy a few days ago. Seemed very nice and said we would be in touch when we wanted a single guy to play with. At the moment we fancy a change and want to play with couples. He said fine, no problem etc. Since then we've had several messages from him every day. One of them stating he wanted to 'play today'. Got very pushy and yesterday I asked him if he would stop with the messages, felt that he was being pushy and if he didn't we would have to block him. Didn't here anything until this morning when we got another message. Its a shame cause we probably would've met up with him but the constant messages was getting annoying. This sort of attitude, especially from someone his age who should know better, spoil it for the rest of the guys.

Come on single guys, use your noggin and don't pester and then wonder why you are blocked!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You did the right thing and sometimes it's worth waiting a while anyway, were not all the same though as you have mentioned, take me for example I'm special just ask my old Teachers and Mum

Forum Mod

I expect people say the same about couples too

Come on all you have had to do is block him,at least you never had the chance to regret meeting him,that surely would have been a lot worse than having to read a few mails and then press a block button?

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Oh no - not another single guy slagging thread! They aren't all the same and if we all started a thread every time the slightest thing upset us that's all the forums would be - a whingefest!!! Z

"You did the right thing and sometimes it's worth waiting a while anyway, were not all the same though as you have mentioned, take me for example I'm special just ask my old Teachers and Mum "

did you go to a special school?

We just block any pushy guys now,have to add tho,that the majority of the guys we reply to are respectful when we explain that we cannot meet last min during the week when kids are home and we have work.

Also,its not just guys who are pushy,we have come accros pushy couples over the years too.

"You did the right thing and sometimes it's worth waiting a while anyway, were not all the same though as you have mentioned, take me for example I'm special just ask my old Teachers and Mum

did you go to a special school?"

Yes very Special, you had to be ordered to go there by an old Bloke in a Wig

"You did the right thing and sometimes it's worth waiting a while anyway, were not all the same though as you have mentioned, take me for example I'm special just ask my old Teachers and Mum

Yes very Special, you had to be ordered to go there by an old Bloke in a Wig "

do you really know bruce forsythe?

do you really know bruce forsythe?"

I'm probably to young to remember him, but come to think of it he looked a little like Elton John

do you really know bruce forsythe?

I'm probably to young to remember him, but come to think of it he looked a little like Elton John "

not brucie then?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I expect people say the same about couples too

Come on all you have had to do is block him,at least you never had the chance to regret meeting him,that surely would have been a lot worse than having to read a few mails and then press a block button?"

I always like to give people a chance and blocking someone without explanation I consider rude. I would hate it done to me so I won't do it to someone else. He just wouldn't understand how annoying it was. That's why I blocked him.

Yes the same is probably said about couples or anyone for that matter but a polite explanation is all is needed mostly and they tend to back off. Unfortunately some don't and then they whine about it afterward.

There are some lovely single guys on here and we've had the pleasure in meeting several and chatting to others by msn. It's a shame these idiots spoil it for the lovely gents on here.

We usually reply to messages but its like opening a can of worms with some as they think its a green light and they mail and mail and mail.

Forum Mod

"I expect people say the same about couples too

Come on all you have had to do is block him,at least you never had the chance to regret meeting him,that surely would have been a lot worse than having to read a few mails and then press a block button?

I always like to give people a chance and blocking someone without explanation I consider rude. I would hate it done to me so I won't do it to someone else. He just wouldn't understand how annoying it was. That's why I blocked him.

Yes the same is probably said about couples or anyone for that matter but a polite explanation is all is needed mostly and they tend to back off. Unfortunately some don't and then they whine about it afterward.

There are some lovely single guys on here and we've had the pleasure in meeting several and chatting to others by msn. It's a shame these idiots spoil it for the lovely gents on here."

I would have given him an explanation too.....you're too pushy and ive gone right off you now.......and then blocked him

That would have been the end of that

Now you only have to start worrying when they get a new profile and then get back in touch all over again

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

the good guys dont need to be told this

the bad ones dont listen

pointless thread

Forum Mod

"

the bad ones dont listen

pointless thread"

Spot on

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

the bad ones dont listen

pointless thread"

couldn't have said it better myself.....

I can't say anything about the situation affecting penfole who started this thread. I don't know enough. Though I understand her concerns.

While think everyone should be as respectful as possible to each other, I wonder if "pushiness" is caused by the message delivery system.

Single men know that to be visible with women who are "snowed under" with messages they must get to the top of the message list. Consequently, more messages are sent than necessary.

Add to that the normal "pushiness" associated with any flirting and the situated can easily explode.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

the bad ones dont listen

pointless thread"

*nods*

"

the bad ones dont listen

pointless thread"

Well we can live in hope some of the bad ones will read and understand and some of the newer members will read and understand the dynamics. So not pointless totally but i would agree its not a positive thread.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"

Single men know that to be visible with women who are "snowed under" with messages they must get to the top of the message list. Consequently, more messages are sent than necessary.

"

I take your point, but once you've had a "maybe, but not at present" message back, you've already been "visible", so why waste it?

When I was last here I had a small handful of ladies who said they were interested, but would never commit to even a social drink. I "chased" (for want of a better word) every 2 or 3 weeks, and even then would occasionally reconfirm that they were OK with that - daily mails is wrong on a number of levels.

By *exeteraWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend

I blocked ....................... the sink today

What I don't understand is people reading message after message after message from someone, blocking them and coming on the forums to explain it all.

For heaven's sake, it's usually quite easy to spot someone who is becomng a pest after a couple of messages, so why read them on a daily basis then complain about it ?

Just hit the block button and move on. Nothing lost, nothing gained

Ive had to block a guy who saw fit to invite his mate to our first meet, and two guys who abuse my mobile number, one sending me a msg at 7.30am wanting to know.... well lets just say it was extremely rude and not really the sort of msg i want at that time of the morning when im trying to get ready for work the first mobile user to get blocked, text me every day, didnt seem to understand that we were meeting for coffee and sex would follow if we liked each other, not straight afterwards and yet i told him i was back at work that day

We have to say in all fairness our experiences of single guys has been extremely positive. Yes, we have had a few guys who don't take the hint. But, I think that could apply equally to couples or singles. The guys we have met have been wonderful and long may it continue.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 08/04/10 21:48:25]

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

" daily mails is wrong on a number of levels."

Quite right - the worst newspaper in the country by a very large margin

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I am with Redhot on this one.

I can't understand why if you don't want to speak to someone that you can't just either ignore their mails or use the block button.

The same goes for phones, if you are getting text you don't like block them from texting or better still be wary who you give your number out to in the first place.

This is supposed to be fun, it sounds like it isn't for a lot of people as they seem to get wound up a lot.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"I am with Redhot on this one.

I can't understand why if you don't want to speak to someone that you can't just either ignore their mails or use the block button.

The same goes for phones, if you are getting text you don't like block them from texting or better still be wary who you give your number out to in the first place.

This is supposed to be fun, it sounds like it isn't for a lot of people as they seem to get wound up a lot."

it is fun - only get wound up if you want to get wound up - hey - i know some folk who could have a fight whilst locked up alone in an empty room! Z

Well I've had to block couples before from messaging me because I was getting continous messages from them.

I think instead of focusing on one group such as Single Men like me. You should generalise it to cover all. Since Single Women, and Couples can be just as rude, or pushy, or dont even read profiles properly.

shoot them all!!! xx

there good and bad everywhere in life xx

"

the bad ones dont listen

pointless thread"

My initial thoughts when I read the OP!