FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > age range/limits

age range/limits

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *_midland_cpl_x OP   Couple  over a year ago

birmingham

we have a age limit for a reason on our profile as we think that swinging close to our parents age is well just wrong but we have found some people take offence when we say sorry your not what we are looking for as your over our age range and they think because we are swingers that we should play with any age

what do you all think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

Have you not asked this question before?

Anyway the answer is, it works both ways, older people do not wish to swing with younger people for the same reasons you state. Its no big problem, people just do not read a full profile taking into account everything stated, ie they just scan to the pics at the bottom and then check whether you are close enough to meet, nothing elsse counts

You deal with it two ways, just delete the message and ignore, or reply saying no thanks then block them from contact in future. Its really not worth getting worked up about.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"we have a age limit for a reason on our profile as we think that swinging close to our parents age is well just wrong but we have found some people take offence when we say sorry your not what we are looking for as your over our age range and they think because we are swingers that we should play with any age

what do you all think?"

This question does pop up from time to time, but of course you may not necessarily have seen the other threads, I have asked questions before that had been discussed

It is as much of a personal choice as choosing straight or bi partners, slim or cuddly, bareback or safe sex etc.

Best way we feel is to state your approximate age range (ours is not set in concrete but acts as as guideline) and reply to messages that fit your criteria and ignore those who do not?

Happy swinging

well why no just say?

no wat we'er looking for

an leave the age out

that way ur no being ageist lol xxx

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"we have a age limit for a reason on our profile as we think that swinging close to our parents age is well just wrong but we have found some people take offence when we say sorry your not what we are looking for as your over our age range and they think because we are swingers that we should play with any age

what do you all think?"

It doesn't matter what anyone one else thinks about who you fuck - it's what you think.

By *DionysusMan  over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

you have age limits for a reason, its like asking for a slim, person n ids because you want a slim person n you dont want fat slobs contacting you.

"well why no just say?

no wat we'er looking for

an leave the age out

that way ur no being ageist lol xxx"

Also very true - the only thing is.. and we have found this - then some people will write back and want specific reasons which can be difficult to answer without causing offence?

"you have age limits for a reason, its like asking for a slim, person n ids because you want a slim person n you dont want fat slobs contacting you."

Tut tut - now why did you have to add 'slobs' after the term fat? Why not just say fat people. That's kind of like me saying I don't meet young dickhead morons instead of I prefer not to meet people in their early 20's.

"well why no just say?

no wat we'er looking for

an leave the age out

that way ur no being ageist lol xxx

Also very true - the only thing is.. and we have found this - then some people will write back and want specific reasons which can be difficult to answer without causing offence? "

Simple - don't answer again - they had a reply and should accept it.

"you have age limits for a reason, its like asking for a slim, person n ids because you want a slim person n you dont want fat slobs contacting you.

Tut tut - now why did you have to add 'slobs' after the term fat? Why not just say fat people. That's kind of like me saying I don't meet young dickhead morons instead of I prefer not to meet people in their early 20's."

pmsl - I also wondered why the association of fat and slob... I am proud of my bottom, it cost my dad a fortune in food...

I am 51 so how young would be too young for my age.

By *ixplayMan  over a year ago

tamworth & Edinburgh

im not sure if ive got an upper age limit but it would fee a bit wierd if the girl was as young as my 2 daughters ages 19 & 21

"I am 51 so how young would be too young for my age."

What age do YOU think is too young for you?!!

People should not take offence when told they do not match your search criteria, you took the time to respond when you could be entitled just to ignore the message. I admit I sometimes try to contact folk who would consider me outside their age range just on the off chance they might be leaniant upto say an extra 5 years. Age limits are there as guidance I believe if the limit is 60 do you suddenly become totally unacceptable at 61?

what do you all think?"

"I am 51 so how young would be too young for my age."

thats for you to decide if your happy to go as young as 18 or as old as 101 its up to you.

i have an age range on my profile for similar reasons as for some reason i get alot of people my parents age asking me to join them and that would just make me feel uncomfortable. i am willing to bend a little on the age for the right person/people but if some one whos in there 50s or 60s messages me i just delete and bloke as shows they've not even bothered to read my profile

Sure any one's limits should be respected no point in putting them otherwise.

I also dont play with younger people but ive yet to get anyone take offence, i just stop messaging them, they get the message then, but you are right, swinging has to be whats comfortable and I prefer my own age group, as you prefer your own. Swingers are any age, theres no set rule, its your choice

My thing is if I can look for someone 10 yrs younger to me then I should be prepared for someone 10 yrs older then me.

I prefer my playmates the same age or older. Playing with someone young enough to be my son or old enough to be my dad just doesn't appeal.

However...there are exceptions and I've made a couple: one because he's as kinky as feck and lives down the road, we even bump into each other in our local supermarket, the other, very early thirties - well, ex-Sandhurst, tour of duty in Iraq...old enough to see combat old enough to look in my war chest!!!

Forum Mod

On here we set a limit purely to limit messages

At parties or clubs it would be personality and attraction that would be the decider for me

I think the age limits section on a profile is intended as a rough guide as to what people are looking for, case in point being that some younger swingers may appear childish, whereas some of the same age will be wise beyond their years. Likewise, there are plenty of the "older" group who take care of themselves and have a younger outlook on life than their age would suggest.

I still find it useful to have age limits posted on a profile though as especially in the case of single women, filters are needed to wean out the potential partners they wouldn't find appealing in the first place. Otherwise they'd probably spend their entire time trawling through emails and have less time to meet the type they really want to enjoy!

wow touchy subject , age limits are a great indicator , part of your profile,first thing we look at especially single guys.

We are not new to these sites and you have the "forties click" on all of them, not young uns anymore but neither are we past it oldies lol.

Our opinion is that most of the site timewasters come form this bracket , single guys playing cple role you know the sort etc

Your as young as you want to be and the great thing about sites like this ,you have full control over you like and want to meet.

J x

We all have personal preferences about all aspects of profile criteria.

Most of what we read though, we take with a huge pinch of salt, because so many people are not honest how they describe themselves.

We know we like to look at ourselves through "rose tinted glasses" but some people do take poetic and artistic license to the nth degree, and it seems to us that it's our ages that most people tell porkies about

If people have limits then they should be respected. We all have criteria requirements and to not conform to them is disrespectful in a small way. If someone doesn’t have age problems then they can leave it 18 – 99.

Its difficult to tell another couples that they aren't your type (regardless of the reason) without feeling like you are causing offence. We opt for a very polite no thank you, without specifying a reason. Its flattering that ppl are intrested! For us age isnt an issue, two things count ...looks and personality. Well groomed and presented older cpls are just as sexy as well groomed and presented younger cpls. Happy Swinging x

By *ouise_johnMan  over a year ago

alfreton

we get this a lot as there is a big age difference between us..

we have swung with younger couples around my age and older around johns..

its your choice your rules, we would not be offended and if a couple is no for us we say just that or no thanks, lifes too short to be offended

louise xx

By *ardnWettCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

We think its down to clicking and that young or old its about having a rollicking good safe time.

By *ofakindCouple  over a year ago

Running with Monkeys

"We think its down to clicking and that young or old its about having a rollicking good safe time. "

we completely agree but its easy to say no sorry not interested over a message until you do actually meet the couple/person/people in person we went to a party last year and we clicked with a couple nearly 10 years older than our age limit and still meeet occasionally with them x

I personally dont have an age limit for me I like the more mature.

Guess its whatever floats your boat

think folk should just respect the age ranges set , unless otherwise stated i would expect the limit to be a couple of years either way but can understand why some are strict with it . i know im too young for some and some are too old for me , but thats just the nature of it all. cant be everyones cup of tea .

Your profile, your choice, your body, your play rules.

People who ask, why not etc, just suggests they are pushy, desperate, needy or are easily offended, and for that reason, they should be refused.

By *ardnWettCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Well no matter what the age would rather make a new friend than not, cos lifes too short, especially at our age lol.

I like them young enough to abuse without fear of a heart attack.

Age doesnt bother us that much the more important factors for us are how everyone gels and the general attitude,age is only a number if the connection is there then why not go with it.We tend to play with couples of our age or older as they seem to understand what they want and arent generally looking for a notch on the bedpost.

» Add a new message to this topic