FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > DRINK!!!! or no drink????

DRINK!!!! or no drink????

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *Y MAN n ME OP   Couple  over a year ago

FIFE

Opinions folks... if you arranged to meet someone and all going well before the meet, then the other person backs out because you don't drink at meets is that person worth it anyway?

my reason is we were made to feel like we were lepers because we don't drink alchol during a play meet, we explained we only have one to be sociable and they said they'd never come across anyone that didn't drink. Are we odd??? We don't feel the need to get blotto to have fun. we have had experiences where others have got p***ed and its spoilt the night.

we understand it being a relaxer or dutch courage for first meet nerves, but we personally want to be in control of all our facalties

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

We must be classed as odd too then, as we don't drink either..........and especially on a meet, as I would fall asleep !!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nope, not odd!! We both feel drinking to excess, or anything more than a social one or two (enough to be tipsy) rather spoils it all. You can cross boundaries and upset people without realising.. as d*unk people do!

Easier to get hurt and make it a bad playtime, rather than a great one!

Forum Mod

I believe that if you have to get pissed to enjoy a meet then maybe you should'nt be swinging

I love a drink and can happily go out on the lash with mates, but on a meet to play I prefer to be aware of whats going on and to enjoy whats going on so limit what I have,too much alcohol makes me lose sensation anyway so no point in playing

We have a few playmates that are tee total and its fine with me,in fact I prefer it,I would'nt let anyone near me that was obviously d*unk and avoid people at clubs like that

Don't let anyone make you feel bad because of this

By *roovytwoCouple  over a year ago

burnley

[Removed by poster at 25/04/10 11:39:50]

By *roovytwoCouple  over a year ago

burnley

We have met and continue to meet 2 couples who dont drink alcohol...no problem to us at all.....its part of accepting a couples likes/dislikes etc.

We do have a drink or two during a play meet but not to excess but have met couples where we have had to literally carry the lady of the couple to the car due to to much alcohol(no she wasnt driving!!).Did spoil the evening and made us wonder why she did it even though they were not new or very nervous swingers.

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Have found over the years that alcohol really hasn't been part of the scene apart from an odd glass of wine. As another poster said, if you need to be d*unk you really shouldn't be swinging.

Met one couple who drank almost a full bottle of vodka between then in a few hours, she was as nervous as hell and seemed to think it would help, it didn't and we didn't play.

Thats really strange them going that to you ? god its up to you if you drink or not ....... was thay thinking thay could get away with alot moor if you was d*unk......... I bet end of the day your glad you never meet them , you live and you learn ... think of it as a lucky escape xx jo

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Soft drinks only for me too.

I fail to see the point in anesthetising the sensations you want to experience.

If you have to be half-cut to do it… then you probably shouldn’t be doing it.

By *Y MAN n ME OP   Couple  over a year ago

FIFE

phew! thought we were behind the times

glad to see there are so many like us, coffee's all round...

"phew! thought we were behind the times

glad to see there are so many like us, coffee's all round... "

LOLOL OK De cafe ... lol PLEASE xx

By *ighlandcouple40Couple  over a year ago

Inverness

Bob doesnt drink at all anytime!!!! I myself (Lorr) like a glass of wine with soda which makes the drink last longer and then you dont end too tipsy, no point in being d*unk when your wanting to play with others.

We have been on meets when the other couple have got too d*unk and it has been a disaster!!!!

Lorraine xxx

By *iceguydaveMan  over a year ago

Monmouth

I think most of us have to find our own balance that works for us - personally I do like to have a drink at a meet, it helps to relax and get everyone feeling open (oo-er!) and hopefully settles the nerves.

But I have had meets with couples where I've almost felt the poor woman was being anaesthetised so that she'd be happy to go through with summat that (probably) was really her hubby's idea. Needless to say, in the finest traditions of Sunday paper journalism, I made my excuses and left!

A drink should help you get in the mood, not blot out the whole experience!!

Why should you let other people's difference in preference dictate what is right for you?

Ditch them I'd say!

NOW IF YOUR FROM NEWCASTLE AND DONT DRINK NOW THATS WHAT YOU CALL ODD lol

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I like to be sober to remember the experience, plus I always drive home

so pressure from them would mean an absolute no from me

By *ichNjudyCouple  over a year ago

stoke on trent

We're much more likely to have a galss or two after the play on a meet than before!

If driving Rich only drinks non-alco lager for obvious reasons anyway

Plus anyway if you have a few before play it always seems to make you need to disrupt the play to visit the loo too much

xx

I never mix drink and sex.

really inhibits my senses.

so a defo no no from me.

but each to their own.

Chances are,anyone who puts so much importance on booze are the sort who'd get pissed on a meet.

Your best out of it.

They obviously put boozing before swinging!

XXXX

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

Incidently I was asked out on a proper date last night.

The fella in question is single, own home/business, friend of a friend and been asking me out for weeks

So after a few fone conversations I said yes.

He lives 20 miles away and was most concerned at how he could get to me without driving so I suggested a taxi which seemed ok.

He then says, come to me, stay over if you want and if it doesn'st work out, I am near enough to my local to do what I normally do on a saturday night.

Suffice to say, I called the date off.

If 2,3,4,5 or more pints is more imprortant, then let him have them.

I met a regular fells from here that came to me sober as they come.

i must be odd xx

"i must be odd xx"

Not odd............just Scottish!

XXXX

ha ha ha each to their own. I wouldnt worry about it...we like a drink or two on meets but getting pissed can ruin the meet!

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Our first ever meet was ruined by the lady of the couple drinking far too much.

I called an end to the evening as i felt the lady was in no fit state to agree to anything and that deffo cant be good.

These days if we are entertaining at home we will both have a couple of drinks but if we are out some place at a party or club i never touch a drop as i feel i need to be fully in control of the situation at all times.

We have met a few none drinkers in our time and its never made the slightest bit of difference to us.

Steve

"i must be odd xx

Not odd............just Scottish!

XXXX"

an proud lol xx

Mr doesnt drink, and I only drink socially 1 or 2 max. Have'nt been told we're odd yet, but have seen someone at a party get so d*unk they had a flaming row and had to leave... To each their own I guess xxxxxx

We once went to a swinging party at the house of good friends.

It had the makings of a great party......with one problem.......which our friends vowed would not happen again.

That problem was that there was plenty of booze and a nice buffet.....therefore most of the guests spent the first 2 hours or more getting pissed in the kitchen.

If it hadn't been for 4 or 5 of us,including the hosts,getting pissed off and initiating the play,it would probably never have got started.

There were even some who got so pissed as to render them incapable,what the Hell is that all about?

As it happened we and the other more sober ones had a great night.

XXXX

By *oobCouple  over a year ago

Netherlands

We love alcohol, and tend to stay at a club till the bar shuts.

Then have a "hangover beer" in the mornings.

The trouble we have finding designated drivers over here.

Kate drinks on meets, social or play. I might have a pint on a social, and only the one, but I will not drink any alcohol on a play meet or at a party or club.

I find alcohol does not relax my nerves, it has the opposite effect, so if I'm going to play, I have to abstain

Anyway, fizzy orange Fanta or Tizer is my preferred tipple

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I don't mix drink and play at all... so if i am at a meet or in a club then it is only soft drinks for me ... if I am at a social then yes I will have one or 2... but thats it......

I have to say that im not that bothered about drinking alcohol. From my experience of living with an alcoholic ex partner, i kind of stopped bothering after we split as id have had to find a babysitter for the kids and just decided i couldnt be bothered so i spent 10 yrs of rarely going out. So my body does not take kindly to alcohol at all, plus now i do 2 jobs, if i drink on a saturday night after doing both over 2 days, too much alcohol and im snoring my little head off Ive only done it once on a meet, i stayed at theirs but their whole lives seem to evolve around drinking, spoilt the meet totally. Went to meet a guy and he'd already had one drink, by the time we'd finished wandering round Mystiques on the guided tour, he was onto his third and was all over my like a rash yuk

Personally, id have one drink to be socialable, maybe drink soft after that, and really its not something one discusses really is it

You go by what you feel is comfortable, alcohol, especially large quantities, to my mind, spoils it

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

If I'm driving, one drink absolute maximum.

If I'm not driving then two maximum.

If it's a social event, maybe 4 or 5, but that would be spread over the entire evening.

I live in a village and usually have to drive some distance to meets, usually at night. I won't drink and if asked I will say because I'm driving and also because like everyone else i want to be in control of my actions, make a good impression and have safe fun.

"Opinions folks... if you arranged to meet someone and all going well before the meet, then the other person backs out because you don't drink at meets is that person worth it anyway?

my reason is we were made to feel like we were lepers because we don't drink alchol during a play meet, we explained we only have one to be sociable and they said they'd never come across anyone that didn't drink. Are we odd??? We don't feel the need to get blotto to have fun. we have had experiences where others have got p***ed and its spoilt the night.

we understand it being a relaxer or dutch courage for first meet nerves, but we personally want to be in control of all our facalties "

I said this a little while ago - I , we dont usually drink when meeting people and if we do it will be very limited. I do not want to lose my sensitivity to the play situation and I find alcohol makes me less sensitive to touch. Also, I simply cant see the point in getting plastered but hey, that is just me

By *woBiTwoCouple  over a year ago

north manchester

we like a drink or two as much as the next woman or man, and Mrs can perform happily after a few glasses... but Mr can't, so we restrain or refrain at play meets - we're there to have rutty sex after all, not to get pissed!

We've met some couples who like to mix sex and booze, and as they seemed to have control of both, and could still get it on and up, we have no problems with it.

I, like others, never drink on a meet. I stick to iced water or tea for me .......always like to be sober

no your not odd. Drink is the devil and wine is the devils brother in law.

» Add a new message to this topic