FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Getting into character (& staying in character)

Getting into character (& staying in character)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I am always the sub (which I love) and before meets usually explain how I want to be treated and ask if that's a problem (which it never is) as I love to be dominated and my bf loves to watch however I have had one or two who have been all talk before they get there and then I end up telling them what to do which is not the job of a sub but on the other hand have had some very realistic characters. It just feels awkward as a sub when your dom is not dom enough.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I am always the sub (which I love) and before meets usually explain how I want to be treated and ask if that's a problem (which it never is) as I love to be dominated and my bf loves to watch however I have had one or two who have been all talk before they get there and then I end up telling them what to do which is not the job of a sub but on the other hand have had some very realistic characters. It just feels awkward as a sub when your dom is not dom enough."
I can totally understand what you're saying, I lay out all the rules as such and some guys can't manage to understand them.

And all talk about what they are good at!

In my experience, a sub/dom relationship is just that. A relationship. It takes trust and time to get to know each other.

A good dom will take time to learn your 'Signals ' and will probably never quite get you to the safe word point. You'll be on the verge of using it but he/she should know that and back off before you do.

If you have a stranger as a dom it's very unlikely either if you will be 100% confident first session.

Lots of subs over estimate what they want and a good dom will know this.

Having said all that; there are lots of people who claim to be dom who haven't a clue what that means.

There are a lot more of us subs than doms for sure.

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

" I lay out all the rules as such and some guys can't manage to understand them.

"

Do you accompany this by telling them their good dommy wommies and to sit up and beg if they want a treat?

"In my experience, a sub/dom relationship is just that. A relationship. It takes trust and time to get to know each other.

A good dom will take time to learn your 'Signals ' and will probably never quite get you to the safe word point. You'll be on the verge of using it but he/she should know that and back off before you do.

If you have a stranger as a dom it's very unlikely either if you will be 100% confident first session.

Lots of subs over estimate what they want and a good dom will know this.

Having said all that; there are lots of people who claim to be dom who haven't a clue what that means.

There are a lot more of us subs than doms for sure. "

Great post.

I'm very sub

A few weeks back I had a meet where I had to play the DOM I stayed in character but it was hard work, being a boss at work I'm too nice they tell me. I'm a tactile, affectionate guy so playing the DOM role was hard work.

By *.nottsbloke..Man  over a year ago

1nottsbloke

In d/s the trust on both sides does take a while to build up. There are folks on both side of d/s that talk the talk. At the end of the day flogging ect is still assault in this country even with consent. As far as I am aware anyway

For me the key word is authority.

I once met a lovely gentleman who flicked my sub switch naturally, due to his authority in the proverbial bedroom. Other times I have had great role play where I have simply played sub.

Girls it's not all down to the guys you have to do your bit, and roleplay is better than disappointment, so ask the potential meet if they can get into character.

Or learn to switch and show them how it's done

By *.nottsbloke..Man  over a year ago

1nottsbloke

At fetish clubs I have visited there is pretty much 50/50 split between male and female subs.

» Add a new message to this topic