FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Body Conscious Men

Body Conscious Men

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Personally I have not yet encountered a guy who showed apprehension about getting naked for sex in private. However, having been told of an encounter where one of the guys wanted to keep his vest on to cover the signs of weight loss and ever increasing comments on guy’s profiles about “going to the gym” and “keeping in shape” … it made me wonder if guys are generally becoming more body conscious. With numerous men’s mags filled with photos of airbrushed abs and toned torsos, I’d like to ask the guys – do you feel under greater pressure to look buff in the buff?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Suppose I am for about 10 seconds... but knowing women as well as I do lol.. (Yeah right) I think.. well I'm here now, she hasn't scarpered or fained illness so may as well do her justice...

Human nature surely... but then no man or woman is perfect!

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"... but then no man or woman is perfect!"

Including the ones in the magazines (before they have been touched up).

Think men have always been like this

You say from reading the comments on profiles you wonder if its getting more common

Not really there is just more compition on here for both single males and male halves of couples

Thats probably the reason a lot of couples just use the fem photos because males are more body concious

Thats how i see it anyway

Craig xx

Cant spell for toffee lol

can't say ever had any body issues myself .Always been fit and active though yes I think that there are guys that are feeling they need to appear different due to magazines .I think it's always been there .Mearly it's modern times .

Nahhh... I'm far far from perfect, i'm not a 'small' lad, far from.. I have mine up.. Hate having to ask myself.. so i'd be a right hypocrite if I didn't....

"Nahhh... I'm far far from perfect, i'm not a 'small' lad, far from.. I have mine up.. Hate having to ask myself.. so i'd be a right hypocrite if I didn't...."

Yep but not everyone is as lucky with looks as you are

Looks, here?? ... I'm flattered.

Normal maybe but no feckin adonis I promise ya lol...

"Looks, here?? ... I'm flattered.

Normal maybe but no feckin adonis I promise ya lol... "

Lol modest too

i think evey men and women would change somthing about them selfs but i no it does not bother me if a guys fit or not if we click then bingo..... buff or non buff lol xxx

"i think evey men and women would change somthing about them selfs but i no it does not bother me if a guys fit or not if we click then bingo..... buff or non buff lol xxx"

You know its a funny thing... but we just realised. Theres a couple who have mailed us and we swear they have pinched the pics from a magazine.. but they are shall we say.. 'too' perfect.. and as such sacres us off... so all this makes more sense than you think..

"i think evey men and women would change somthing about them selfs but i no it does not bother me if a guys fit or not if we click then bingo..... buff or non buff lol xxx

You know its a funny thing... but we just realised. Theres a couple who have mailed us and we swear they have pinched the pics from a magazine.. but they are shall we say.. 'too' perfect.. and as such sacres us off... so all this makes more sense than you think.. "

We had one not long ago and the fem had used a picture of a singer lol

The male used a picture from15 years ago

All i can say is we are glad that we met for a drink first lol

Sad that people have to do that cant understand it myself do they think you are not going to notice pmsl

By *evin5050Man  over a year ago

wolverhampton

As a large guy I am extremely conscious about my body image - and yes I know I should do something if its that bad. Mind you, I've always been "shy" even when slimmer and younger.

Rich used to be very concious of how skinny he is. It caused major problems for his confidence for years, but now he has decided to take the attitude of "I can't do anything about it so I might as well accept it.". He's still the shyest person on Earth but alcohol seems to work wonders for that.

women will never be as good as men till she can walk down the street fat, aging and bold and still thinks she looks damn sexy lol

i don't think men really care, its like if a young guy mails me and hes got a good body and good looking i just think no way will he like me, if a young slim woman mailed a older guy he'd just think....whey hey im in here lol

i think over all men and women are just totally different when it comes to self body image

I think its only fair that guys should try to look their best.Afterall,for the most part,women try to look good.

I know I used to look better than I do now so have gone back to the gym to try to get back in shape,I feel I owe it to Trace as she always tries her best to look good.Plus my fitness has dropped and my blood pressure has risen

XXXX

By *zanyCouple  over a year ago

truro

most women we have met have made a real effort to look good, but not all the men. Doing this certainly makes you aware of what you look like to others and that is not a bad thing. D & C

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

I think that body image is increasingly becoming a big deal for guys, and I lay the blame squarely at the feet of mens health and fitness magazines, gillette adverts etc.

We're now being fed the same brainwashing body bullsh1t that women have been getting for decades (if not longer - and that's only served to make women increasingly miserable about their bodies - not happier.

By *asperthedogCouple  over a year ago

midlands

"

I think that body image is increasingly becoming a big deal for guys, and I lay the blame squarely at the feet of mens health and fitness magazines, gillette adverts etc.

We're now being fed the same brainwashing body bullsh1t that women have been getting for decades (if not longer - and that's only served to make women increasingly miserable about their bodies - not happier.

"

nivea latest "its what men want" drives me to throw stuff at the telly.

I like to use the "Gladiator" rule. always ask yourself "would Gladiator use that", if the answers no, leave it well alone

to answer the original question, i train a lot and am fairly fit, but its not given me any noticable advantage. i would work on a "twinkle in my eye". if i could train that, i'd say i would have alot more success lol

By *ichNjudyCouple  over a year ago

stoke on trent

Male body image is a thing - there was a program on it on channel 4 or 5 last week - a lot of it was about penis enlargement too. Now they said on the program almost every man would like a bigger willy..... hmmm

We'd agree with Trace/Ric. Why shouldn't men make an effort to look good, a lot of women do so why not?

We've been going the gym now two or three times a week for about 8 month (both of us) we even have personal trainers lol Not that we are super fit, but we are both gadually getting fitter (can jog 6-8km now) and more toned.

Fo us this is nothing to do with mens glossy mags or media portrayal for a fact, as we never read them sort of magazines!

It's very much to do with swinging and our feeling that we should do something both to improve our bodies a little. After all this is rather like dating isn't it?

Back to the first thing we mentioned - the program about all men wanting bigger willies, well now with that we'd disagree.

Maybe for most vanilla men that's the case, but Rich (being no more than average) used to think it was too small... now he *know's* it's perfectly normal and it's doing a fine job on the meets we have

We'd hazard a guess a lot of swinging male halfs of couples are quite happy with their tackle, simply because they swing and get to have a lot of partners and know the fems they meet are enjoying it too.

Swinging is such a great confidence booster isn't it.

xxxxxx

Ju & Rich

By *achaCouple  over a year ago

manchester

"Male body image is a thing - there was a program on it on channel 4 or 5 last week - a lot of it was about penis enlargement too. Now they said on the program almost every man would like a bigger willy..... hmmm

We'd agree with Trace/Ric. Why shouldn't men make an effort to look good, a lot of women do so why not?

We've been going the gym now two or three times a week for about 8 month (both of us) we even have personal trainers lol Not that we are super fit, but we are both gadually getting fitter (can jog 6-8km now) and more toned.

Fo us this is nothing to do with mens glossy mags or media portrayal for a fact, as we never read them sort of magazines!

It's very much to do with swinging and our feeling that we should do something both to improve our bodies a little. After all this is rather like dating isn't it?

Back to the first thing we mentioned - the program about all men wanting bigger willies, well now with that we'd disagree.

Maybe for most vanilla men that's the case, but Rich (being no more than average) used to think it was too small... now he *know's* it's perfectly normal and it's doing a fine job on the meets we have

We'd hazard a guess a lot of swinging male halfs of couples are quite happy with their tackle, simply because they swing and get to have a lot of partners and know the fems they meet are enjoying it too.

Swinging is such a great confidence booster isn't it.

xxxxxx

Ju & Rich "

you went from male body to size of penis...

THE STICKS

"

nivea latest "its what men want" drives me to throw stuff at the telly.

I like to use the "Gladiator" rule. always ask yourself "would Gladiator use that", if the answers no, leave it well alone

"

Brilliant - I'm using that from now on!

Thoe types of adverts really do make me want to puke tho - its always clone-like cookie-cutter impeccably groomed urbanites desperately trying to look manly and edgy - and failing miserably.

Being sexy is all about what's inside you're head not whats inside you're pants/bra/knickers - thats no exuse to be a slob and not make the best of what you have of course - but I've yet yo meet a swinger who doesnt do that.

Working out at the gym is hard work... you might end up looking good but if you still have the personality of a rodent and the charm of an old sock its unlikely to make you a babe magnet...

Me.. I rely on the age old tactics when we meet.. Use charm but never sleazy.. act confident, even though your a quivering wreck inside.. alcohol, is for them.. not you lol... and pick the women with glasses, trust me, they are there for a reason.. wait till its dark, who doesn't look better in the dark (especially if she is half blind) and always always slip in the conversation how discreet you are... if your ugly and they think your going to tell everyone.. well slims the chances eh..

I should be getting paid for these tips....

Only to the point that I don't want a beer belly and when I wake in the morning I want to look down and see all that god gave me without any morning glory.

Women make a great effort so why shouldn't men.

stoke on trent

@_acha

Hehe yeah we did go from body size to penis size didn't we - though with respect both are part of the males body image so we thought both are valid.

We know one guy who comes to our parties who sits with a cushion over his lap once undressed because he's conscious he has a rather small one. Judy says she doesn't know why he does that, cos it still does the job for her and anyway the guy is great with his tongue. But the cushion still stays....

@notts2

Yeah working out at the gym is hard work... no pain no gain they say... but tell you what, you only have to do it for a few weeks and boy does it become addictive! lol

You actually start getting fed up and feeling sluggish if your daily schedule means you've been too busy to go for 5 or 6 days.

Hehe we loved the tips though, have to remember some of them

@seats80

That's exactly what we meant Neither of us is ever gonna do a marathon though, but a 5k charity run is do-able now and we couldn't have walked it last year if there were any hills on it, at least without stopping few times.

Also it helps to increase the stamina in other ways as well eh?

xxxxxxx

Ju & Rich

THE STICKS

"Neither of us is ever gonna do a marathon though......"

I do em all the time - 'cept they call then snickers these days

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

I think its deeper than vanity ..the symetrical men regardless of size are more attractive to women they percieve them (and this is all subconcious) as being healthier and therefor more viable in terms of making good kids,being protector

Men naturally want to fill the role of being that man which equals more mnating opportunities,which is a nice pastime .

manchester

its all about confidence. you can be overweight and confident or muscular and introverted. i would go for the overweight one everytime!

l

x

"its all about confidence. you can be overweight and confident or muscular and introverted. i would go for the overweight one everytime!

l

x"

But what about overweight and confident OR muscular and confident?

Thats the crux of the matter.

XXXX

manchester

depends what type of personality YOU have. that would determine which one you would prefer..

l

x

"depends what type of personality YOU have. that would determine which one you would prefer..

l

x"

Same criteria applies,both confident,both good personality,it's your call...

XXXX

manchester

"depends what type of personality YOU have. that would determine which one you would prefer..

l

x

XXXX"

sorry, i'm missing your point..

l

x

[Removed by poster at 22/05/09 22:31:40]

oops.....

try again

Who likes perfect ?

I sure dont, and im far far from the percieved "ideal"

Its our flaws and imperfections that makes life so bloody interesting, especially in this scene

Forum Mod

l

x

XXXX"

Can I have both of them then? lol

Greedy? moi? xxx

l

x

XXXX

l

x"

The point is........

Keeping in mind the O.P was basicaly about men trying to keep in shape or not,as the case may be.

Two body types,in your words'muscular', ie:fit looking or 'overweight',ie:out of shape,fair enough.

What I was saying was...forget about confidence and personality...if both of those attributes were equal in both body types,which would you choose?

XXXX

"oops.....

try again

Who likes perfect ?

I sure dont, and im far far from the percieved "ideal"

Its our flaws and imperfections that makes life so bloody interesting, especially in this scene "

Ahh,but if a fairy godmother told you that you could wake up tomorrow,looking and feeling like you've always secretly dreamed of,would you say "No thanks"?

If you would, I reckon you'd be in the minority.

XXXX

stoke on trent

[Removed by poster at 22/05/09 23:00:27]

manchester

l

x

XXXX

l

x

The point is........

Keeping in mind the O.P was basicaly about men trying to keep in shape or not,as the case may be.

Two body types,in your words'muscular', ie:fit looking or 'overweight',ie:out of shape,fair enough.

What I was saying was...forget about confidence and personality...if both of those attributes were equal in both body types,which would you choose?

XXXX"

i'll say it again:

'depends what type of personality YOU have. that would determine which one you would prefer..'

both have great personalities, but you may just click with the overweight one.

stoke on trent

Oops too many sppeling mistaks so here goes again

Hmmmm this is all getting a bit strange lol

If we may just ask for clarification, regardless of their personality type, what is actually *wrong*, or what is *the problem* with guys trying to keep at least reasonably fit?

And to answer polo's original question, for us no it's not the pressure of media or magazines that persuaded us to try get fitter and in better shape- in fact we both find the popular media of rather less relevance to ouselves since we joined this lifestyle - it's because swinging is a bit like dating

xxxx

Ju & Rich

Speaking as a larger guy, and someone who's weight has yoyo'd in the last 4 or 5 years due to getting into triathlon then suffer a bad injury, I can tell ya body image plays a huge part. Especially, it must be said, in swinging.

Maybe I have e-mailed the wrong people, but I find the majority of both couples and women to be very looks orientated. Reading alot of profiles, everyone wants a tall athletic man with a very large willy. And those men, if you follow through the profiles, often have a list of verifications as long as your arm.

I'm personally of the opinion that body image shouldn't matter, and people are too shallow, that it's substance that matters more than style. However, most would disagree.

One other thing, for the ladies out there, Guys making an effort for meets, just how much is making an effort. I am always well trimmed, certainly clean and freshly bathed, nice smells, and always make an effort in my apperance. But, just how far can a guy go. With the exception of a pair of calvins, the dressing up opportunities for guys, compared to those for lasses, is surely fairly limited??

By *couple412Man  over a year ago

faversham

Well speaking as a pure fat guy I can honestly say... No I don't give a shit.

I am what I am. You don't like it – fair enough, move on, but I'll be damned if I am going to conform to anybody else's idea of beauty.

The only reason I am trying to loose weight at the moment is health grounds – I have seen how the men in my family end up and I want to try and avoid it.

That and the fact its a real arse to find cheap jeans with a larger waist!!!

I may be missing out on the chance to shed loads and loads of sexy, lithe women who look down the noses at anyone overweight, but you know what – bollocks to the lot of them!

Their loss, not mine.

The only really drop dead gorgeous woman I ever shagged (apart from my wife of course! ) was so sure that she would be doing me a favour that she was absolutely shit in the sack and subsequently I blew her out when she wanted to meet again.

Should have seen the look on her face....

One thing a lot of people don't get is fat does not always equal unfit. As a shag I am no superstud, but neither do I just lay on my back and let the women do all the work. I can (and do!) move around just as energetically as thin people with the right lady – or ladies!

I know I am not “visually appealing” to a lot of people. I also know my wife loves me to bits and probably wouldn't have looked twice at me if I had been thin or even muscular.

Plus, as an added bonus, every women I have been with has commented on how as a “bigger” man, bits of me rub against bits of her on a very pleasant and surprising way during intercourse – not to mention for all you ladies that like it hard, well with the extra weight behind us, boy can we thrust!

You thiner, muscular guys ever made a women cum with your 6 pack?

Nope. Didn't think so.

Loosers!!

stoke on trent

@acouple

You say you are more than happy with the way you are, and your sexy lady is, yet you seem bitter about it too. So who are you angry with.... and why?

xxxx

j&r

» Add a new message to this topic