FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Must phone chat....

Must phone chat....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *adybee77 OP   Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

Have seen this a few times now on profiles and in messages...

Must phone chat prior to any meet...

Its a definite no go for me. Very few people have my number, and to have to chat before a meet is pointless. My first meet is always a social, and always after a decent length of time chatting on here.

If someone chooses not to meet me because I won't give them my number, then fair play to them, but I consider as I am fairly well verified, and active, the requirement to phone is nonsense.

Am I havering?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hey there, kik doesn't use your phone number, that's the attraction. Dirty chat 100% privacy

"Hey there, kik doesn't use your phone number, that's the attraction. Dirty chat 100% privacy"
i agree

"Hey there, kik doesn't use your phone number, that's the attraction. Dirty chat 100% privacy"

I don't KIK - I don't go for naughty chat, preferring the real thing when I do meet.

The question was relating to a few profiles who have now said must have a phone call prior to meeting.

In fairness some people like to hear a voice to get an overall picture and a feel for the person, I know I do.

But I respect your viewpoint

told ya

"In fairness some people like to hear a voice to get an overall picture and a feel for the person, I know I do.

But I respect your viewpoint "

Thats why my first meet is always a social - far better face to face, and fab messages are enough to get to the stage of meeting for me, so not sure what difference hearing someone on the phone makes...?

I'm open to explanations...

Dirty chat does nothing for me personally. I am happy to swap numbers to chat on the day of a meet, but I guess as a bloke, I don't get asked to prove I'm male.

It has been commented that my voice is deeper and nicer than expected, and in one case helped a lady to decide to meet me!

By *lDunMan  over a year ago

Houghton Regis

Whilst I can see and understand where you are coming from, a lot of people will put a cheap PAYG sim card in an old mobile. Some see it as a way to out the fakes.

If we are meeting a couple, I always want to chat to the woman on the phone first. It's quicker and easier than sorting a social meet. I want to know she exists and that she's happy with the meet.

If she doesn't want to chat on the phone we might still meet, depending on mail sent and where we're meeting.

By *hameleons69Woman  over a year ago

good ship lollipop

Understand where your coming from, Mrs C hates talking to a complete stranger on the phone but the other side is for some it's a quick way to prove there is a female in the 'couple'. We have taken a few calls in the past although we don't like to think we need to prove ourselves to anyone. Also you are right a social meet is an excellent idea but for us we get out so seldom we always look to use our time to play first as last. Just the way it is I suppose xxx

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I'm sure that OP has some criteria that the "must have phone contact before a meet" crowd would find equally unfathomable...

Each to their own, and all that.

By *unlovinguy_68Man  over a year ago

nottingham

Ladybee

Can I send a carrier pigeon over with a message pmsl

But on a serious note I do agree with your point

It's just a shame that so many timewasters and fakes force these sort of actions

By *hyllyphyllyMan  over a year ago

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 20/01/15 13:04:12]

"Have seen this a few times now on profiles and in messages...

Its a definite no go for me. Very few people have my number, and to have to chat before a meet is pointless. My first meet is always a social, and always after a decent length of time chatting on here.

If someone chooses not to meet me because I won't give them my number, then fair play to them, but I consider as I am fairly well verified, and active, the requirement to phone is nonsense.

Am I havering?"

We just find it an easy way of trying to ensure that the female half of a couple actually exists before arranging a social meet. It's not carved in stone but it's one of our ways of filtering out time wasters...it's worked for us so far but the chat is never dirty...that's just so dull..

If you don't want to do it, that's entirely up to you

"Hey there, kik doesn't use your phone number, that's the attraction. Dirty chat 100% privacy

I don't KIK - I don't go for naughty chat, preferring the real thing when I do meet.

The question was relating to a few profiles who have now said must have a phone call prior to meeting."

And kick isn't chat....its messaging (same as on here) and proves nothing as far as being who you say you are!

if you are so concerned to give your number out - you could perhaps let them know of your concern and get their number and speak to them with your number being withheld (use 141)

we have done this good few times and it always turned out well

I always ask for a phone call one way or another if a woman is said to be involved. I have called at addresses only to be met at the door by a guy saying "my wife had to go out but I am here" or I like to now that it is ok with the lady for me to call.

Lots of time wasters on here and fuel wasters.

By *rs-Naughty_Mr-CuddlesCouple  over a year ago

Nr coleford

We do put on our status that we pref texting as miss naughty is deffo and doesn't like talking on phone

I don't want to give out my main number either, so I got a £10 pay as you go mobile for Fab purposes. If need be I can toss it and get a new one.

I never give my number out to anyone on here, I arrange meets and chat on the site, once I log off I have finished with fab and don't want guys calling and texting me while I'm at work, out with the kids etc

By *p4funCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

Gave number once ages ago HUGE MISTAKE! ...... Face 2 face meets only

Never really understood the whole phone chat first thing. I think most people would arrange a social meet before taking things further, surely that's the time you should be chatting? I really don't like talking on phones, skype or whatever else is available, the only way you are going to know it you will get on with someone is a face to face meet. They may sound really nice over the phone, but...

I can count the number of people from here I've spoken to on the phone on one hand. I rarely feel comfortable enough to do it, I worry I'll be too formal/professional and sound weird. I'm much better in person.

By *reacher and TartCouple  over a year ago

High Peak

Am I havering?"

PAYG phone is cheep as they come or even a sim for an old phone. We wouldn't meet without talking on the phone or via cam and would say only a fool would turn up based on pictures or a message alone.

Am I havering?

PAYG phone is cheep as they come or even a sim for an old phone. We wouldn't meet without talking on the phone or via cam and would say only a fool would turn up based on pictures or a message alone. "

I must be a fool

Am I havering?"

Couldn't agree more. I've done it a couple of times but found it very cringy and awkward.

Not needed in my opinion, if like you say, you've covered all other bases.

S x

Am I havering?

PAYG phone is cheep as they come or even a sim for an old phone. We wouldn't meet without talking on the phone or via cam and would say only a fool would turn up based on pictures or a message alone.

I must be a fool "

Me too, but my system works fairly well, never had a no show, and no timewasters... so think I'll stick to chat on fab, and that way I choose if and when I contact, rather than someone having my number before I know them.

I wouldn't give my number out in a bad before I had chatted to someone for a while either.

Phone call sorts the wheat from the chaff, when they are 50/50 are they fake or not, this always gets to the bottom of it. Some fakes would have quite happily arranged a social meet via messaging and that would have been a massive waste of time.

Having said that when people have a lot of verifications and are obviousy trusted on the site, a phone call isn't needed!

By *odramafunCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire/staffordshire

All points respected... We have a fab phone... Only use for fab.. Happy to give to people we choose and they can call and withhold number...... And mainly because if meeting a couple a good way of ensuring female involved.. Only ask for quick hi.. Nothing dirty... And if meeting single men can be good way for us to gauge what their expectations are.... But that said never against a social ...

"All points respected... We have a fab phone... Only use for fab.. Happy to give to people we choose and they can call and withhold number...... And mainly because if meeting a couple a good way of ensuring female involved.. Only ask for quick hi.. Nothing dirty... And if meeting single men can be good way for us to gauge what their expectations are.... But that said never against a social ..."

Ditto and we like a contact in case we break down or something happens and we can't make it and vice versa but there are always smoke signals I guess

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I insist on a mobile number prior to a social - if delayed whilst I often can't get online with my phone, I can usually get a signal to text and same goes for the person(s) I'm meeting...if it's a couple, I'd insist on a fem to fem quick call. If someone doesn't want to give out a number then that's fair enough, we won't meet

When we was on another site there was a bit of mucking about (no woman) so a female to female call is the best way.

We have gone to meets without this happening, and have made a pact, if it is just a man sitting there, then we walk back out of the door.

It will be their sillyness and loss, not ours.

Her

By *dventuroususCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

Am I havering?

I must be a fool "

us too lol, in 8 years we have never spoke on the phone or cammed before a meet and we have never had any problems at all.

We try to use kik and keep the filthy chat down to a minimum until a meet is arranged, we sometimes give out our phone number but only to meets arranged agreed etc

Am I havering?

I must be a fool

Me too, but my system works fairly well, never had a no show, and no timewasters... so think I'll stick to chat on fab, and that way I choose if and when I contact, rather than someone having my number before I know them.

I wouldn't give my number out in a bad before I had chatted to someone for a while either."

I don't see the difference between chatting on here or on the phone, what can they say on a phone that they can't say on here, do people all of a sudden become incapable of lying once on a phone? Does speaking words instead of typing them someone make you less able to be a time waste?

I've never done phone chat and its worked OK for me so far

I only meet locally for a drink first meet so if they turn up and don't look like their pics I go home its no big deal, i its not something that happens regular though most guys I have met have been honest

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

It can be a good way to check if a couple really are a couple or just a guy

In the past I've been messaging what I thought was a couple but then you get a hint that it might just be a guy pretending,so I've politely asked if the lady can chat or even withhold there own number and leave a short message.

Usually you don't here from them again and get blocked

Agreed, we only give our number once we have met and it feels right, never before.

So how do you get in contact with the person without their number?

I never give my number out on here now due to a couple who constantly called me wanting to use my place for fun,got to the stage were when i was saying no the cheeky calls n texts started,in the end i changed my number.

I only give my number to people I know will stay in touch and repeat meet

By *ral4bothMan  over a year ago

uxbridge

I ask for phone chat on my profile because it proves that there is a female present.

To many weirdos hiding behind a couple/females profile

After a few messages back n forth I send them my number

If they dont call then I assume they are fake

Am I havering?"

Exactly the same with me. If they don't like tough! I'm not providing a wank line for single males.

"Hey there, kik doesn't use your phone number, that's the attraction. Dirty chat 100% privacy

So how do you get in contact with the person without their number?"

Its app you have a user name and the app connects you via the user name, does not stop people bombarding you but the good thing is you can block contacts on Kik so they can't message, I still don't use it though as in the past when I have blocked guys they just start mailing me on here asking why

We agree with the op. Our verifications show that both of us exist and meet, i've had a fem to fem phone call twice and both times we didn't end up meeting so pointless in our opinion.

Same goes for people asking for us to cam to prove who we are.

After my ex had a major hassle with nuisance calls, we always used a £10 phone on PAYG and turn it off in te daytime. Voicemail is no for fun for idiot perves (the bad kind or course) . I used to get her to answer then pass the phone to me - I let them heavy breath for 3 minutes then tell them how sexy they are, that usually gets rid!

I like to talk on the fone because if they have a voice I dont think is nice then it puts me right off lol

Do what works for you, I'm in the "talk on the phone" brigade. It works for me.

By *omolfc8Man  over a year ago

merseyside

"In fairness some people like to hear a voice to get an overall picture and a feel for the person, I know I do.

But I respect your viewpoint "

totally agree with you

» Add a new message to this topic