FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Why do some posts show unread

Why do some posts show unread

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why are some sent mails still show unread even though the person has been online. Is it maybe because the post gets deleted without being read ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Because they didn't open it, perhaps? Just guessing.

If you have only sent a message with one line. There is no point in opening it as they can see what it says.

Shrugs shoulders .. Dunno just asking ..maybe folks don't read their mail

By *onyneMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

If the person you write too doesn't actually physically open your message then it will remain 'unread' whether they have been online or not...some people [i guess couples and single females in the main] must get loads every day...a bombardment even, and maybe choose not to read them all...it is up to the people concerned whether they read every message. Some people decide against reading for whatever reason. Up to the individual like most things on here...

Hope that answers your question

Tony

Thank you all I notice that if it's deleted it has a line across it... Maybe some folk save them all up lol

By *ouplekinkCouple  over a year ago

kink town

Its also possible to open a message, read it, then mark it as unread again. So you wouldn't either way wether they have opened or not.

By *onyneMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Its also possible to open a message, read it, then mark it as unread again. So you wouldn't either way wether they have opened or not."

ooo I didn't know that! thanks...we learn every day

Tony

i came on to chat to my mate, and i end up talking to a few other mates while here.

if anyone else messages me during this time i ignore them, messages to me can stay unread for a couple of days on here.

so yeah people can be online, they're busy and do not read their messages.

By *randnew23sumsCouple  over a year ago

Lancashire

We try and reply to all messages. If they are unread just means we've not got round to replying yet.

By *ittenwantstoplayWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"If you have only sent a message with one line. There is no point in opening it as they can see what it says."

Yep!

By *he WickedsCouple  over a year ago

Swingtown (Swinton)

Sometimes one of us reads a message then marks it as unread so to make sure the other reads it, or so we don't forget to reply!

"Why are some sent mails still show unread even though the person has been online. Is it maybe because the post gets deleted without being read ?"

Because they open it, read it then mark as unread, I do it all the time

Kent

"Sometimes one of us reads a message then marks it as unread so to make sure the other reads it, or so we don't forget to reply!"

Actually I have never used that 'mark as unread' button but thats a good idea to use it as a reminder to reply to messages I meant to but forgot to...

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

"i came on to chat to my mate, and i end up talking to a few other mates while here.

if anyone else messages me during this time i ignore them, messages to me can stay unread for a couple of days on here.

so yeah people can be online, they're busy and do not read their messages."

I'm exactly the same. If I read and answered every single message as soon as it arrived then I'd never actually enjoy myself on here. I have a quick look and if it's from someone I regularly talk to I'll answer it. If it's from someone new then I have a fab admin session once a week or so to read them all and sort through them when I have time, coffee and my laptop rather than my phone.

"Why are some sent mails still show unread even though the person has been online. Is it maybe because the post gets deleted without being read ?"

In my case, because I haven't read them

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Usually it's because I've read a profile and feel the message would be of little interest, so I just leave it unread then mass delete every so often.

Interesting to see how everyone deals with their mail , personally I read and then send a polite reply, even if just a few words... Costs nothing to be polite either

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

"Interesting to see how everyone deals with their mail , personally I read and then send a polite reply, even if just a few words... Costs nothing to be polite either "

You are right. It costs nothing to be polite. It also costs nothing to read my profile, but many don't.

By *ouplekinkCouple  over a year ago

kink town

"Interesting to see how everyone deals with their mail , personally I read and then send a polite reply, even if just a few words... Costs nothing to be polite either "

Not sending a reply has nothing to do with politeness

I am reading forum posts and posting on those that interest me. I have unread messages in my inbox. I am going to switch the tv on in a moment. I am not going to read the messages. The reason is simply because I don't want to read or reply to any.

Costs me my time. Can cost me conversations as well.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

Sometimes I just come on by myself to browse the forums, sometimes I think we show up as online because I normally have a separate browser window open on my phone.

Either way we only tend to read messsges when we're on together and can talk about them and reply immediately.

I have discovered if one reads a mail, often the sender expects an immediate reply.

Either way I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Mr ddc

By *ain n MableWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

If you have sent the person a message before and they have read it, when you send another, they can read the previous message and the new message will also appear and can be read without opening the new mail.

Have i confused you? Because I've confused myself. Lmto.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

When meeting I read the profile before the message. If they don't meet my criteria I don't bother opening the message.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Usually it's because I've read a profile and feel the message would be of little interest, so I just leave it unread then mass delete every so often."

Woman after my own heart!

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

Ive got 2 unread in my mail box right now. And thats coz ive not opened them. Why? Coz ive read there profile and they havent read mine so i guess they wont have anything interesting to say.

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

"I am reading forum posts and posting on those that interest me. I have unread messages in my inbox. I am going to switch the tv on in a moment. I am not going to read the messages. The reason is simply because I don't want to read or reply to any. "

By *et a roomCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

I doubt you get as many messages as most single women though. The site rules state that not replying is an acceptable way to show disinterest.

We try to reply to most messages, however.

Kent

"Interesting to see how everyone deals with their mail , personally I read and then send a polite reply, even if just a few words... Costs nothing to be polite either

You are right. It costs nothing to be polite. It also costs nothing to read my profile, but many don't. "

This!!!

My profile is really clear about my preferences so it is obvious if someone who are the total opposite of what I am looking for but they message me anyway, without reading my profile. There are an awful lot that do that and they get an automatic delete with no reply. If they cannot be bothered, why should I?

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"We try and reply to all messages. If they are unread just means we've not got round to replying yet. "

^this, kind of

I look at the profile. If it doesn't interest me I send a quick decline or delete and block, depending on the content.

If it looks promising I wait until I have time to reply before reading the message.

Kent

And obvious picture collectors who send friend requests randomly with not even the good manners to message me first? Delete and block. Not only do I find that rude but 9/10 of them dont read my profile because again, they are the complete opposite of what my profile states I am looking for.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"Interesting to see how everyone deals with their mail , personally I read and then send a polite reply, even if just a few words... Costs nothing to be polite either

You are right. It costs nothing to be polite. It also costs nothing to read my profile, but many don't. "

By *ple from LeicCouple  over a year ago

Leicester

We only read and reply to emails when both of us are online together.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

If you dont check your sent mail you wouldnt know wether its read, deleted unread, read then marked unread.

concentrate on your inbox, seriously.. its the most important

» Add a new message to this topic