FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > How quick are you

How quick are you

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We all do it but how quick (or slow) do you take to reply to an e-mail, i find it disheartening when an e-mail is sent after 10 minutes of writing only to see it instantly deleted!!....maybe 10 lines is too much

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If i am online then I answer straight away if not then I answer hen i log on!

"We all do it but how quick (or slow) do you take to reply to an e-mail, i find it disheartening when an e-mail is sent after 10 minutes of writing only to see it instantly deleted!!....maybe 10 lines is too much"

Do you keep checking your sent mail and if the people who you emailed are still online?

By *eicsCouple  over a year ago

leicester

we dont get any

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

I get so few - I reply almost immediately. Well, not exactly immediately - as that implies I have no friends

I reply as soon as I read it, unless I've deleted it.

I always check my sent box, and delete the 1s that have been read.

Xxx

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

I normally reply as soon as I have read it unless only have a few mins so then just a quick read and will reply later

I reply straight away, or delete straight away unless it arrives when ive got to log off or my pc is running slow cant be doing with my inbox full of unreplied messages

Reply as soon as I see it. As I'm usually on my phone if I'm reading through a long thread that could be ages, unless the beep goes to tell me I have new mail.

If it's from someone outside London or my age range I delete without reading!

"we dont get any "

Awww...

PM: I agree with Fruit...

Forum Mod

At the moment im not looking for new playmates so it really depends on my mood as to whether I answer at all

Normally Ill answer mail on the same day and I never check sent mail,once its sent thats it and then ill have a mass delete of all mail once a week or so

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

what you have to remember is that as a couple sometimes it is necessary for us both to see a message before responding.

"I reply as soon as I read it, unless I've deleted it.

I always check my sent box, and delete the 1s that have been read.

Xxx "

I do exactly this too....i try and answer all straight away and if i've left it for about 10 mins and they get back to me impatiently then they are blocked. can't be doing with arsey people!

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I reply to mail when I feel like replying to mail.... that's not always as soon as I have read it... and assuming I haven't deleted it because they obviously hadn't read my profile or had ignored my preferences.

Im the same as Polo, ill reply when i want to. If im on the forums and enjoying reading and replying to posts and i get messages, I will probably read them, but wont always reply to them straight away

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

Sometimes I'll write private messages to myself... just to check that the thing isn't broken.

I don't reply to ones I've written to myself though, cause that would be a bit weird.

By *ertnbeckyCouple  over a year ago

oldham

"I reply to mail when I feel like replying to mail.... that's not always as soon as I have read it... and assuming I haven't deleted it because they obviously hadn't read my profile or had ignored my preferences."
i sent you a nice letter and got no meet polo even though i was everything you are looking for

I have experienced both good and bad manners on FAB. Yes it's very disheartening to see a well wrought message deleted with gay abandon withing seconds but I certainly wouldn't expect to be replied to within minutes - so never follow up a message until a few days later.

And of course I do spare a thoughyt for those ladies out there getting inundated with messages.

I never send follow up emails. The way I see it, if they've read your message they will reply when they're ready.

If they are interested they will reply. if not, they wont.

It can be disheartening, but it applies to everyone. It isn't only single guys who send out prospecting emails

Have to agree with Gemere on this one, but I differ in one area. I don't send a follow up.

To the OP: I like to reply as soon as the message comes in or to at least acknowledge the receipt of it if it's a long one (however rare they are hehe!).

I take my time writing my messages and I have to say that while it is disheartening to see them get wiped out without a reply or even having been read I acknowledge that it must be hard trying to cut through all the messages in your inbox.

I don't like to follow up though, if anything I'll send a wink if the mail has "been read" and not deleted just as a way of saying "hi" but I won't get in touch again because I don't want to feel like I'm putting pressure on folks to respond.

Cheers,

H :0)

The one thing that I would always want to avoid would be appearing pushy! Pushy can in this environment soon become to feel like threat.

You can't tell what people are thinking by the reply time. If it's a couple they may just be deliberating to give you a better answer or waiting to discuss with partner first.

We tend to get the gist from the snippet without it appearing as "read," unless we are together. We dont like leaving it too long to get back though, so a quick "speak soon" seems to have more manners. x

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

I sometimes access the site using my phone and while this is quick to read messages it takes a while longer to reply (usually due to internet/signal reliability) so I often leave the reply till later when I'm on my laptop.

Sometimes I get a chase up and providing they weren't rude I explaing the delay in replying. My friends understand.

if it's an easy reply straight away but if it requires consultation it has to wait, likewise if it requires tact as I have to reflect first.

By *ex.IncCouple  over a year ago

Castleford

Generally we never get a reply at all. It either sits there 'Been read' 'Deleted' or 'Unread' The latter for sometimes weeks with the user logging on every day. Annoying to say the least.

I tend to find the vast majority of the mail I receive is whilst I’m actually logged onto the site rather large amounts of messages piling up while I’m not online.. So I try always politely to answer as soon as I’ve read it and checked out the senders profile…. After –all the whole concept of a contact site warrants some form of reciprocated acknowledgement…. Even if it’s a Short or long … positive or negative… sweet or sour… yes or no or maybe…. Otherwise there aint much point to it really,

I must admit I do have a wry chuckle when I see someone take the time to write a long paragraph or two explaining how they don’t have time to answer all the messages they receive so just elect to delete them as unread if the believe the sender inappropriate to their preference,,, ….

FFS… If I did that, I could have missed out on the chance of a lifetime, as I once got a message from someone who wasn’t after shagging my arse,,,,Yep…… believe it or not, “she” actually only wrote and told me, that she was the daughter of a Nigerian Prince and that she was coming to Britain and wanted to know if I would allow her to deposit half a million pounds in my bank account until she arrived, as she could not get an account of her own until she applied for formal UK citizenship… she said she would pay me handsomely for my help and only required my bank account number and sort code,,,, So let that be a lesson,,,,,

,See what you could be missing out on, deleting before you read,,,,,,,

We always read and check profiles before deleting.. If its a polite message and profile just not to our liking we reply.. if it is a case of they have messaged us and obviously havent read our profile, then its delete and block with no reply.

Katie. x

"I tend to find the vast majority of the mail I receive is whilst I’m actually logged onto the site rather large amounts of messages piling up while I’m not online.. So I try always politely to answer as soon as I’ve read it and checked out the senders profile…. After –all the whole concept of a contact site warrants some form of reciprocated acknowledgement…. Even if it’s a Short or long … positive or negative… sweet or sour… yes or no or maybe…. Otherwise there aint much point to it really,

I must admit I do have a wry chuckle when I see someone take the time to write a long paragraph or two explaining how they don’t have time to answer all the messages they receive so just elect to delete them as unread if the believe the sender inappropriate to their preference,,, ….

FFS… If I did that, I could have missed out on the chance of a lifetime, as I once got a message from someone who wasn’t after shagging my arse,,,,Yep…… believe it or not, “she” actually only wrote and told me, that she was the daughter of a Nigerian Prince and that she was coming to Britain and wanted to know if I would allow her to deposit half a million pounds in my bank account until she arrived, as she could not get an account of her own until she applied for formal UK citizenship… she said she would pay me handsomely for my help and only required my bank account number and sort code,,,, So let that be a lesson,,,,,

"

sound advice from an expert

"I tend to find the vast majority of the mail I receive is whilst I’m actually logged onto the site rather large amounts of messages piling up while I’m not online.. So I try always politely to answer as soon as I’ve read it and checked out the senders profile…. After –all the whole concept of a contact site warrants some form of reciprocated acknowledgement…. Even if it’s a Short or long … positive or negative… sweet or sour… yes or no or maybe…. Otherwise there aint much point to it really,

sound advice from an expert "

I’m sure its just a coincidence but since I sent her my bank details, I keep getting these snotty letters from my bank manager saying I’m over- drawn,,,, I’m not worried though, because I know when she sends the half million to my account, the bank manager will want to be my new best friend….

sound advice from an expert

I’m sure its just a coincidence but since I sent her my bank details, I keep getting these snotty letters from my bank manager saying I’m over- drawn,,,, I’m not worried though, because I know when she sends the half million to my account, the bank manager will want to be my new best friend…. "

couldn't lend us a couple o hundred while I am waiting for mine to come through could ya?

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"I’m sure its just a coincidence but since I sent her my bank details, I keep getting these snotty letters from my bank manager saying I’m over- drawn,,,, I’m not worried though, because I know when she sends the half million to my account, the bank manager will want to be my new best friend…. "

Hey Soxy,

We really should talk... I've got a bridge to sell you.

"I’m sure its just a coincidence but since I sent her my bank details, I keep getting these snotty letters from my bank manager saying I’m over- drawn,,,, I’m not worried though, because I know when she sends the half million to my account, the bank manager will want to be my new best friend….

Hey Soxy,

We really should talk... I've got a bridge to sell you."

Is it a big one.... cuz I like bigg'un

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

As a male I don't get as many as single ladies and couples so find it easy to reply to each one pretty much as soon as I'm aware it's there.

Having said that most of my mail is insulting and from so called friends in this very forum so I'm quite quick to respond with insults

"As a male I don't get as many as single ladies and couples so find it easy to reply to each one pretty much as soon as I'm aware it's there.

Having said that most of my mail is insulting and from so called friends in this very forum so I'm quite quick to respond with insults "

that's bollocks!

in the night garden

"As a male I don't get as many as single ladies and couples so find it easy to reply to each one pretty much as soon as I'm aware it's there.

Having said that most of my mail is insulting and from so called friends in this very forum so I'm quite quick to respond with insults

that's bollocks! "

Erm I'm used to being insulted in private but screw you!

that's bollocks!

Erm I'm used to being insulted in private but screw you! "

never insult a man when hes down!

(could be any sunderland fan today)..lol

in the night garden

that's bollocks!

Erm I'm used to being insulted in private but screw you!

never insult a man when hes down!

(could be any sunderland fan today)..lol"

Oooooooh that's low! That is sooo frikin low.

I thought I had gotten though the whole day without it being mentioned then you two log in! Grrrrrrrrrr and Harrumph!

Revenge is a dish best served with, with erm some cheese and a pineapple on top (I'm no chef, I've never really cooked it before). Mark my words!

» Add a new message to this topic