FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Verifications??

Verifications??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What do people do with their verifications?

Do they hide them all, only show so many, show them all?

What would make you hide a verification, and do you always expect 1 every time you meet someone new x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Show them all, if someone takes the trouble to write something about us we will display it.

Our verifications tend to be from people we meet socially at the clubs we go to so why would we be ashamed of them ?

When we verify people we talk about thier social skills, appearance (like thier pics or better) sense of humour etc because even if we have sex with them that is between us and them not everyone else because it is irrelevant to anyone else, what is fun sex for some people is not fun sex for others.

we hide ours because we had someone contact the people on it, and on our friends list and said we had recommended them, which we didn't.

We don't expect verifications after every meet. I mean, how many times do people have to say you are genuine?

We would verify new members, but once you have a few, what's the point?

Most of our veri's are hidden,not because we are ashamed all people need to know is we are who we say we are and we do actually meet so we dont see the point of showing them all,after nearly 4 yrs of being on Fab we do have a quite a few but a lot of them are from parties.

"Show them all, if someone takes the trouble to write something about us we will display it.

Our verifications tend to be from people we meet socially at the clubs we go to so why would we be ashamed of them ?

When we verify people we talk about thier social skills, appearance (like thier pics or better) sense of humour etc because even if we have sex with them that is between us and them not everyone else because it is irrelevant to anyone else, what is fun sex for some people is not fun sex for others."

i agree i would rather do a nice verification than oh hes great at this that and the other, what works for me may not for someone else

I have all mine on my profile although theres not actually that many and some are just from friends I made at clubs. I don't expect verification from everyone but i do like to give them just to show I appreciate having met the person.

"we hide ours because we had someone contact the people on it, and on our friends list and said we had recommended them, which we didn't.

We don't expect verifications after every meet. I mean, how many times do people have to say you are genuine?

We would verify new members, but once you have a few, what's the point?"

If a prospective meet wanted to see or verifications we would show them, no probs with that.

All our veri's are from meets. We don't do phone or cam

I love my verifications!

If I meet someone new I like to receive the verification, and I always give them 1.

I get a lot of stick off some people about my verifications saying I have too many but I'm not ashamed of them, it makes me who I am x

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"What do people do with their verifications?

Do they hide them all, only show so many, show them all?

What would make you hide a verification, and do you always expect 1 every time you meet someone new x "

I only show the ones that aren't too rude...

in the end, people really only need to know that I am genuine and that they had a good time and a good laugh....

they don't need to know every single bit of a meet.... where is the fun in knowing

I'm very graphic in my verifications and no one seems to mind, never been asked to write a more tame version x

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

a agree with jackandkate i had a few probs when i had my verifications on show, one guy wnated to know exactly what happened and how good the sex was so i decided that i was keeping then hidden

I neither offer nor ask for verifications.

I was given to believe that the intention was to confirm the person was genuine.

however, they seem to have become a little boost of the ego and the more graphic the better.

I had a meet once with a guy that insisted after I left him a veri..the meet, went no further!

I've also received veri's that are carefully worded to make it look like somethings happened with the same expected in return.

they've become the 'top trump' of swinging!!

Veri's work for and against you.

The for's, reassures others that your genuine and meet.

Against, read by others who as someone else said,turn detective on you and use them to refer to. Read by others who think your most recent meet might be an easy catch.

Some folks are quite precious about a fav meet and opt not to advertise via verifications in the hope they remain exclusive.

My profile is an open and honest account of who i meet/met and know.

T xx

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

I'm proud to display my one and only verification

By *ombshellWoman  over a year ago

islington

too many !!

have u seen how many ive got pmsl!!

By *LLSEXEDUPMan  over a year ago

Reading

"I'm proud to display my one and only verification "

Same here

I really can't stand vulgar and detailed verifications and have turned many down purely for this reason.

"too many !!

have u seen how many ive got pmsl!! "

It looks like the closing credits from The Lord Of The Rings,Return Of The King!

XXXX

I show a lot of mine for reasons that some of you have mentioned but I also wanted to show what sort of person I am too. I also think it may well put some folk off though.

"I show a lot of mine for reasons that some of you have mentioned but I also wanted to show what sort of person I am too. I also think it may well put some folk off though."

i guess if they put someone of, it could be also considered a positive...

Forum Mod

I hide all mine but there are 2 people on this thread that ive verified though

By *bbandflowCouple  over a year ago

South Devon

It's quite rightly a personal choice to show verifications or not, but what a joyless, less human site it would be if we all chose not to do so.

verifications should not be seen as an indication of how many people you have had fun with or met.

Discretion is important

South Devon

Afterthought..do the people that hide their verifications never, ever, ever look at other peoples verifications ?

I always look at others verifications, I always get suspicious if all verifications hidden, makes me wonder why!

It's not all about the amount, just I like to see what others have said.

I always make my own mind up but I like them x

South Devon

point of my afterthought was, surely there is a whiff of double standards when people hide verifications but are happy to read others.

Forum Mod

Thing is with veris,you can show or hide exactly what you want,you'll never get a true picture of someone,they're all going to be positive about the person anyway

I always prefer to work out what people are like for myself,ones person wonderful meet could be my worst nightmare so I don't really take much notice of them at all

I have to say though that not one person that I have been making an arrangement to meet has ever asked me to show ours to prove that we do actually meet people

If I meet someone in a club I don't make them log onto fab to show me their verifications I can work out for myself whether I like them or not without knowing what other people think of them xxx

"I always look at others verifications, I always get suspicious if all verifications hidden, makes me wonder why!

It's not all about the amount, just I like to see what others have said.

I always make my own mind up but I like them x"

Exactly. Spot on. I also dont read the verifications to see what happened in the bedroom either. Not interested in that information at all.

South Devon

meeting at a club is a totally different scenario than communication through a singers site. Verification is very far from being an exact science, but as a working tool it offers some guide into what is always going to be the unknown.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I show three or four, just to show that people on here have met me.....

"

I have to say though that not one person that I have been making an arrangement to meet has ever asked me to show ours to prove that we do actually meet people

"

I would never ask to see your verifications if you had hid them. You obviously dont want people to see them. Thats fine. However, I would be wondering to myself if you had only phone or cam verifications.

South Devon

"I show three or four, just to show that people on here have met me....."
Well good for you, I'm still looking for people that hide their verifications and never, ever look at others !!

Forum Mod

"meeting at a club is a totally different scenario than communication through a singers site. Verification is very far from being an exact science, but as a working tool it offers some guide into what is always going to be the unknown. "

Yes it is but the site offers the option to hide them if people wish and I do

Its never caused us any problems and I prefer the discretion,people may think we have something to hide.........I don't really care if they do,I don't spend time worrying about how other people use site options on here,its totally up to them

I have more than enough fun from here so it works for me

Torquay

"I show three or four, just to show that people on here have met me.....Well good for you, I'm still looking for people that hide their verifications and never, ever look at others !!"

Well enjoy your search...

South Devon

"I show three or four, just to show that people on here have met me.....Well good for you, I'm still looking for people that hide their verifications and never, ever look at others !!

Well enjoy your search..."

Suspect it's a futile one

Forum Mod

"I show three or four, just to show that people on here have met me.....Well good for you, I'm still looking for people that hide their verifications and never, ever look at others !!"

If they're there then of course im going to have a read of the latest ones,if they have a huge long list then I can't be bothered to trawl through them all

It would'nt bother me if the site scrapped verifications all together

Imagine the uproar that would cause!

Torquay

I wouldn't miss phone or cam verifications.....they do seem pointless to me, but each to their own!

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

"too many !!

have u seen how many ive got pmsl!! "

Oi !!! Where's mine???

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I used to only show a couple to prove I was meeting (and had been for a while), currently showing all but a couple (that use my name).

I don't leave graphic ones, but I would never ask anyone to rewrite, no matter what they wrote - I can hide it if I don't like it.

By *anba2Couple  over a year ago

burbage

We are always suspicious of people who have no verifications (didn't realise they could be hidden)! We always assume they haven't met anyone yet. Don't want to be anyones first experience on here...I like Reading the verifications of potential meets. Some of them are a bit vague, but at least you can see they are meeting people.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"... Don't want to be anyones first experience on here..."
Everyone has to start somewhere...

South Devon

"I show three or four, just to show that people on here have met me.....Well good for you, I'm still looking for people that hide their verifications and never, ever look at others !!

If they're there then of course im going to have a read of the latest ones,if they have a huge long list then I can't be bothered to trawl through them all

"

I'm sure the people with huge long lists are not bothered if you trawl through them or not, but might be interested in why, if they are obviously meaningless to you and you don't show yours, you have to have a sneaky little look at others.

Forum Mod

I'm sure the people with huge long lists are not bothered if you trawl through them or not, but might be interested in why, if they are obviously meaningless to you and you don't show yours, you have to have a sneaky little look at others. "

Just how is it sneaky?

Im not really liking your attitude to me

Im using an option the site has given if you think im sneaky then tell ask admin if they will allow a function to stop people that hide their veris to block them form looking at other peoples

Im sure I won't lose sleep over it

South Devon

Ouch !! touched a nerve there..okay you're not sneaky, but you still haven't explained why it's okay to look at other people's verifications whilst hiding your own. I don't think you are the most baddest person in the world, I simply want an answer

Forum Mod

"Ouch !! touched a nerve there..okay you're not sneaky, but you still haven't explained why it's okay to look at other people's verifications whilst hiding your own. I don't think you are the most baddest person in the world, I simply want an answer"

No nerves touched its just a forum and ive been on it long enough to not let anyone touch my nerves

Why do I need to explain anything anyway,profiles are there to be read,some have veris some don't some have friends on show some don't,if Im looking at one with everything on show or not makes no difference to me

People should be allowed to use the site and their profile how they want to without questioning or wondering why they choose to do to a different way to me or you

If they did'nt want people to look they have the option to hide everything they want,so no point assuming that people are sneaky for looking when its all there for everyone to see

I also don't show on peoples looked at me list,now im even more devious and secretive

It's hard to miss verifications which are openly listed on a profile. There's nothing sneaky about hiding verifications and reading others' ones - they're right in your face after all. What do you suggest, I hide my eyes?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Ouch !! touched a nerve there..okay you're not sneaky, but you still haven't explained why it's okay to look at other people's verifications whilst hiding your own. I don't think you are the most baddest person in the world, I simply want an answer"

like most things on the site... people are given a CHOICE or not... they don't have to show them if they don't want to...

so using the same Principle you decide not to show any pictures of yourself in Public

but I bet that you look at others......

Be wary of the argument you are making because at the moment you aren't practicing what you are preeching...

Torquay

Heal the world......

Forum Mod

"Heal the world......"

I have a plaster? will that do?

Torquay

Anything that shows peace and love is fine.....

South Devon

"It's hard to miss verifications which are openly listed on a profile. There's nothing sneaky about hiding verifications and reading others' ones - they're right in your face after all. What do you suggest, I hide my eyes? "
suggest you read what I said. Never said it was sneaky to hide verifications, and of course you will look at verifications, but can't you just admit to a soupcon of double standards.

Torquay

No....but a double brandy would be lovely

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It's hard to miss verifications which are openly listed on a profile. There's nothing sneaky about hiding verifications and reading others' ones - they're right in your face after all. What do you suggest, I hide my eyes? suggest you read what I said. Never said it was sneaky to hide verifications, and of course you will look at verifications, but can't you just admit to a soupcon of double standards."

just like it is to look at peoples public pictures when you have yours in private......

just making sure any accusation of "double standards" is being applied equally.....

South Devon

"Ouch !! touched a nerve there..okay you're not sneaky, but you still haven't explained why it's okay to look at other people's verifications whilst hiding your own. I don't think you are the most baddest person in the world, I simply want an answer

like most things on the site... people are given a CHOICE or not... they don't have to show them if they don't want to...

so using the same Principle you decide not to show any pictures of yourself in Public

but I bet that you look at others......

Be wary of the argument you are making because at the moment you aren't practicing what you are preeching..."

Never said people should'nt have a choice..and I guess you know you're argument re pics is flawed .I can't ask to see verifications, but people can ask to see my pics

Forum Mod

Yes you can ask to see verifications they can be put back on show

South Devon

"Yes you can ask to see verifications they can be put back on show "
So if I want to keep my verifications private I can't

Forum Mod

"Yes you can ask to see verifications they can be put back on show So if I want to keep my verifications private I can't"

You can choose which ones you want to show on your profile and which ones you don't,if you don't want to show them all that is

Torquay

Anyone for tennis?......new balls please

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Anyone for tennis?......new balls please"

just awaiting my slice of double standard "humble pie" first......

South Devon

"Yes you can ask to see verifications they can be put back on show So if I want to keep my verifications private I can't

You can choose which ones you want to show on your profile and which ones you don't,if you don't want to show them all that is

"

Sorry must be my bad..I was sinmply making the point that people who wanted to see my pics could invite as a friend, but there is no mechanism that allows me to access verifications ..ergo not .not. practising what I was preaching.

South Devon

"Anyone for tennis?......new balls please

just awaiting my slice of double standard "humble pie" first...... "

double standard..game set and match

Forum Mod

"Yes you can ask to see verifications they can be put back on show So if I want to keep my verifications private I can't

Sorry must be my bad..I was sinmply making the point that people who wanted to see my pics could invite as a friend, but there is no mechanism that allows me to access verifications ..ergo not .not. practising what I was preaching."

You're speaking to the wrong peron here,I never said anything about practising what you preach

Anyway sneaky person that has loads to hide is now long bored with this thread and is going off to chat to potential meets for lots of filthy fun xxxxxx

South Devon

Sorry must be my bad..I was sinmply making the point that people who wanted to see my pics could invite as a friend, but there is no mechanism that allows me to access verifications ..ergo not .not. practising what I was preaching.

You're speaking to the wrong peron here,I never said anything about practising what you preach

Anyway sneaky person that has loads to hide is now long bored with this thread and is going off to chat to potential meets for lots of filthy fun xxxxxx"

excellent riposte..enjoy

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

Does anyone else get put off posting in these forums by some of the hostility in the posts. I would love to join in sometimes but can't help thinking I will get shot down in flames!

South Devon

[Removed by poster at 01/11/10 00:21:59]

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Does anyone else get put off posting in these forums by some of the hostility in the posts. I would love to join in sometimes but can't help thinking I will get shot down in flames!

"

They're not real flames, it would be people you'd therefore choose never to meet, so jump in with both feet (and, in your case, cheeks...)

South Devon

"[Removed by poster at 01/11/10 00:21:59]"
Go for it my first time tonight ..great fun

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

I keep my verifications and friends lists private as I have had a couple of stalkers and one guy who made it his mission to track down every guy I had verified. I also had to change my profile a couple of times!

When I do give a verification from a successful meet I like to leave something to the imagination. If it's a meet that didn't go to the next stage, and after reading advice in here in a previous post, I left them a verification stating they were genuine, turned up on time and were good company (all true)

If I'm lucky enough to receive a verification it's my personal reminder of a good meet.

"

If I'm lucky enough to receive a verification it's my personal reminder of a good meet. "

Perfect...surely that's how the system should work?

"we hide ours because we had someone contact the people on it, and on our friends list and said we had recommended them, which we didn't.

We would verify new members, but once you have a few, what's the point?"

Same here! There are some strange people on this site. One got the hump because one of my meets had met someone he liked as well as someone he didn't!

Agree also, once you've a few verifications to say you're real and meet I don't see the point of hundreds all saying the same thing!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Well enjoy your search...Suspect it's a futile one"

I can't lie and say I have never read a persons verification before now, but what I can say is, we don't read the people who mail us asking for a meet....and we have met people with no verifications at all.

We read the profile, plus the mail they have sent and if it suits us we have a chat on MSN and verify who everyone is. We then make our mind up wether we like the person and wether we fancy meeting.

We don't need to know who they have met before and how that person thought he was a great person/great at sex, as that person could have a totally different idea of what is a good meet.

We like to make our own mind up about a person but we also like the fact that the people who mail us also like to make their own mind up as they are mailing us even though we have verifications and friends lists hidden.

As an aside, we don't ask for verifications but as we meet single men we are quite happy verifying them if they want us too.

So there you go........you found one

By *ex.IncCouple  over a year ago

Castleford

We started off with webcam verifications and as we actually got the 'Met in person' ones we removed the webcams and kept the met ones. Personal preference really. Just annoying though how it removes the verifications when a person leaves. Grr.

I know!

I've lost some of mine due to people leaving x

South Devon

Well enjoy your search...Suspect it's a futile one

I can't lie and say I have never read a persons verification before now, but what I can say is, we don't read the people who mail us asking for a meet....and we have met people with no verifications at all.

We read the profile, plus the mail they have sent and if it suits us we have a chat on MSN and verify who everyone is. We then make our mind up wether we like the person and wether we fancy meeting.

We don't need to know who they have met before and how that person thought he was a great person/great at sex, as that person could have a totally different idea of what is a good meet.

We like to make our own mind up about a person but we also like the fact that the people who mail us also like to make their own mind up as they are mailing us even though we have verifications and friends lists hidden.

As an aside, we don't ask for verifications but as we meet single men we are quite happy verifying them if they want us too.

So there you go........you found one "

All perfectly reasonable. As a couple we go through the same criteria as you, we like to make our own minds up, and meet strictly on merit, zillions of verifications or not.Instinct and eventually experience are important, but I'm sure like others, we sometimes get it wrong.

It's all about choice of course but we see the showing of verifications as a mutual celebration of pleasure/fun shared, and as I said in my first post, the site would be a dry,joyless less entertaining less human, place without them.

ps people message you, even though your verifications are hidden, because of the fab pics.lol

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"I always look at others verifications, I always get suspicious if all verifications hidden, makes me wonder why!

"

Because it's no one elses business who I know and have met... it's as simple as that.

Personally I hide’em…. Couple of reasons really…

Firstly I agree with what someone mentioned earlier, that a lot of people are put off by seeing overly long profiles, and including every verification can sometimes make them look like the closing credits of Lord of the Rings..(and who do you put in or leave out without causing offence)

Second reason,,,, no matter how hard I try to make it clear that I Crossdress as a fetish, and not a wanton desire to be thought of as female in person,,, I still get verifications that refer to me in female context,,, and I aint hav’in it, I tell you…..….”grrrr stamps high heel and swings handbag in total exasperation”…

Oh and thirdly… because I’m such a diva…. I aint sharing my profile page with no-one….I said…no-one… haha

Well enjoy your search...Suspect it's a futile one

So there you go........you found one "

Agrees with rugby here. I verify newbies, but not every or repeat meets, unless to update from years previously!

I never show graphic ones or ones using any name other than my username.

I don't expect them, it's a pleasure if I receive them but will not always show them all, unless asked.

Happy to give them too but not always necessary.

Hate ppl going through my friends list to see who I have on there or who is on my veri list.

It's my profile, admin have given me choices, I use them as and when they suit me.

My profile is currently hidden as I've had a busy time and I need a rest, nothing sinister but still has ppl wondering.

Simple answer is, you put not meeting on your profile, it either gets ignored, asked why if I'm not meeting wtf you doing on this site etc etc ad nauseum.

Yes I read some veris, yes I show (sometimes) my veris pics friends etc. but this is a hobby not my life so it fits in around me, not vice versa. xxxx

South Devon

"Personally I hide’em…. Couple of reasons really…

Firstly I agree with what someone mentioned earlier, that a lot of people are put off by seeing overly long profiles, and including every verification can sometimes make them look like the closing credits of Lord of the Rings..(and who do you put in or leave out without causing offence)

Second reason,,,, no matter how hard I try to make it clear that I Crossdress as a fetish, and not a wanton desire to be thought of as female in person,,, I still get verifications that refer to me in female context,,, and I aint hav’in it, I tell you…..….”grrrr stamps high heel and swings handbag in total exasperation”…

Oh and thirdly… because I’m such a diva…. I aint sharing my profile page with no-one….I said…no-one… haha

"

Strange..think I've just read your profile !

» Add a new message to this topic