FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Has free speech died

Has free speech died

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *-and-K OP   Couple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

?

Just wondering

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not in this country...

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

But possibly in the forums!!!

By *woBiTwoCouple  over a year ago

north manchester

I'm a moderator on a couple of (non-swinging) forums, and have pots of sympathy with the mods and admin on any busy site... you can't please all the people all the time etc... In the main, and I read most of the threads posted each day, I reckon they do a sterling job. But the mods are (a) unpaid and (b) human, so go easy on them eh?

JMHO

M

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

To be honest, that was just a tongue in cheek comment. I didn't actually realise there'd been an issue with a thread.

I mod on fish forums, and its a nightmare getting the fine line right, so hats off to the guys here.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I'm a moderator on a couple of (non-swinging) forums, and have pots of sympathy with the mods and admin on any busy site... you can't please all the people all the time etc... In the main, and I read most of the threads posted each day, I reckon they do a sterling job. But the mods are (a) unpaid and (b) human, so go easy on them eh?

JMHO

M "

here here

if you dont like the fact that a thread was closed, go through the appropriate channels - dont clog the forums up maoning about it

Forum Mod

As I said to you on another thread report the issue if you have any using the contact button

If I was really cynical I would think you were just trying to stir up some controversy and aggravation,nothing to do with free speech at all

As it is you are just clogging up the forums with an issue that was dealt with in another thread

By *orestersCouple  over a year ago

The Forest

There hasn't been completely free speech for many centuries. Libel, slander and various incitement laws have placed restrictions on both the written and spoken word.

By *-and-K OP   Couple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

Not at all. This week I have had two topics removed and one terminated. It would be nice to be told why.

If a moderator can find the time to read all of the topics started and delete those they feel are warranted, just how much extra time would it take to drop the OP a message giving a reason? Absolutely no time at all, but it would show good manners.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

And I suppose knowing who the moderators were you could always mail them and ask them.

Sometimes a moderator may not mail someone as they don't expect the news to go very well by the persons attitude and I for one am not going to put myself up for any abuse.

Not sure which threads you are talking about......but feel free to mail one of us to find out why any of your threads or posts have been deleted and if we know we will tell you.

Forum Mod

"Not at all. This week I have had two topics removed and one terminated. It would be nice to be told why.

If a moderator can find the time to read all of the topics started and delete those they feel are warranted, just how much extra time would it take to drop the OP a message giving a reason? Absolutely no time at all, but it would show good manners."

We don't have to tell people why their thread get deleted or if posts get deleted,sopme days in here that would just be impossible

There is always a reason though and its not always to do the the OP its how a thread can turn out,and I can assure you its nothing to do with getting a kick out of it,im certainly no sadist nor do I like getting into pm arguements with people who have issues with threads being deleted and just want to send abuse to me about it,that is why there is a contact button

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

As this is going private, thread closed.