FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Blocking People

Blocking People

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I get winked by a couple, so I reply. Have a request for a face pic, so send them one. Get a reply to say "we will let you know" Now I am blocked by them?

They could have just said no thanks and that would have been it, so why the block? Answers on a postcard please!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I get winked by a couple, so I reply. Have a request for a face pic, so send them one. Get a reply to say "we will let you know" Now I am blocked by them?

They could have just said no thanks and that would have been it, so why the block? Answers on a postcard please!!"

You will get a variety of different responses from people on here answering your question, the most common will be 'its there choice' its a staple answer on here iam afraid. My personal opinion is that 'some' people can be a bit rude and hasty when using the block button, i know its frustrating but they are probably not worth the effort

I can see where your coming from not a nice feeling , but just move , its not even worth wanting to find out .

There are some serial blockers on this site and they are proud lol

"I can see where your coming from not a nice feeling , but just move , its not even worth wanting to find out .

"

Lol, your right mate, i think its gives them a false 'sense' of power, maybe they were bullied at school

Perhaps they don't want to bother you again in the future realising that in this instance you are not what they are looking for, but may forget in a months time that they have already mailed you.

Look at it that they are doing you a favour making sure they don't waste your time.

"I can see where your coming from not a nice feeling , but just move , its not even worth wanting to find out .

"

I am a serial blocker, I block loads of people everyday, couples and singles alike.

Mostly in the case of singles it is because they contact us when our profile clearly states "single males please don't contact us or you will be blocked"

They obviously don't read our profile and therefore are not people we are interested in now or in the future.

On the other hand there are many single guys who according to the "looked at me" do read our profile and respect our wishes.

Couples the same as above, our profile states we will not meet anyone whose profile says "won't meet smokers" but they still mail us and we block them, or those whose age criteria we are outside (also covered in our profile) If I am too old don't mail us or be blocked for being ignorant.

I am not "proud" of using the block button, what is there to be proud of in having the ability to press "block" whoopeedoo I can do that, it's not rocket science.

Neither am I ashamed to use such facilities as the site provides.

I say hello to every single guy who comes in the chatroom even single guys don't do that, I try to help single guys asking for advice, I have spent years as a single guy in this scene, I know what it is like, I am not proud of helping them I simply do it because sometimes I can help.

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

or u could look at it that they are just rude people and not worth ur time anyway... i dont understand it either.. why block when uv been nothing but nice.. just let them climb ur their own arseholes theres enough nice people on here anyway lol have fun

"or u could look at it that they are just rude people and not worth ur time anyway... i dont understand it either.. why block when uv been nothing but nice.. just let them climb ur their own arseholes theres enough nice people on here anyway lol have fun"

So your convinced that they weren't doing it in the interests of both parties as I suggested they might be earlier ?

Coventry

"or u could look at it that they are just rude people and not worth ur time anyway... i dont understand it either.. why block when uv been nothing but nice.. just let them climb ur their own arseholes theres enough nice people on here anyway lol have fun

So your convinced that they weren't doing it in the interests of both parties as I suggested they might be earlier ?"

yes u might b right and i know its a swinging site but if anyone gives me a polite no thanks i will reply with ok thanks and have fun.. then still end up blocked.. could understad if i said something nasty ??

"or u could look at it that they are just rude people and not worth ur time anyway... i dont understand it either.. why block when uv been nothing but nice.. just let them climb ur their own arseholes theres enough nice people on here anyway lol have fun

So your convinced that they weren't doing it in the interests of both parties as I suggested they might be earlier ?

yes u might b right and i know its a swinging site but if anyone gives me a polite no thanks i will reply with ok thanks and have fun.. then still end up blocked.. could understad if i said something nasty ??"

Its par for the course on here, and if you moan about it people will criticise you. As i have stated 'some' and i must reiterate not all , people on here are simple rude and as suggested previously stuck up their own arses. Its a power trip, and shows lack of class and manners. Iam all for blocking dick heads and people who send ausive emails but that was not the case with the OP

some will just block. move on and forget about it.

recently i have started blocking people who just delete the mail i send and do not reply.

that way i will never bother them again.

there loss.

There's a lot of people who have no power in their daily lives and chosing to block people for no obvious reason would seem to give them something to feel good about.

Does it do any good? Not in the slightest.

Mancandy, I agree, there are a lot of dickheads here and everywhere but don't put yourself in the same bracket by branding someone without proof, give them the benefit of the doubt, I am sure if we all did that the site would be a lot better. There are guys in this forum who have mailed us today and not been blocked, because they did read our profile and mailed us about other matters not to get a meet, perhaps some of them were trying to "get in via a back door" but I won't block them because I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I answer every mail we get, always politely sometimes in the positive sometimes the negative depending on the merits of each case.

By *randmrsfreakyCouple  over a year ago

alfreton near chesterfield

Reasons we block

single males dont bother us, we have blocked on filters, we dont meet single blokes so why would we want messages from them.

People who blatantly dont read our profile, this is obvious when they wont meet smokers, we smoke, are outside of our age range,Straight females, people who dont have any photos who have been on over a year, have no verifications and hundreds on friends list.

People who send a friends request without a message.

We do this because if people cant be bothered to read a profile,we are probably never going to meet them.

It is our personal choice and we reserve the right to use it, just like everyone else.

You may now find that more folks than ever have blocked you on account of the fact that being blocked clearly annoys you enough to start a thread about it ....

Some folks are just like that

I don't understand why people feel they need to justify why they use a facility to those with fragile egos!

There's nothing more off putting to me than a whinging whiney man: some of you really need to get over yourselves. If someone doesn't want you, how can it possibly their loss?!!

I can't be arsed to block, if the dimwits keep writing and can't understand what a deleted message means that's their look out.

Oh, and before you cry babies start on about me being rude and up my own arse, the FIRST sentence of my profile says not meeting til December due to ill health!!! Why would someone then write asking "wanna play sexy?" More to the point why would I reply?!!

"I get winked by a couple, so I reply. Have a request for a face pic, so send them one. Get a reply to say "we will let you know" Now I am blocked by them?

They could have just said no thanks and that would have been it, so why the block? Answers on a postcard please!!"

If it's any consolation a lot of people just find it difficult to say 'no' or anything negative about people, so they just block instead of getting involved in what might be difficult dialogue

"or u could look at it that they are just rude people and not worth ur time anyway... i dont understand it either.. why block when uv been nothing but nice.. just let them climb ur their own arseholes theres enough nice people on here anyway lol have fun"

if your blocked by someone it tells its own story, your not going to meet the blocker anyway.

we blocl loads so as the poster above says we could be serial blockers.

near on everyone we block cannot be arsed to read the profile,smokers message us all the time

how hard is it to read a profile?

and men who persist in sending you a one liner every bloody day is irritating ,

so we find the block button the easy option therefore not wasting our time or theirs

"some will just block. move on and forget about it.

recently i have started blocking people who just delete the mail i send and do not reply.

there loss."

if they have deleted your mail....how do you recon its thier loss!!!

some strange assumptions on this site

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"I don't understand why people feel they need to justify why they use a facility to those with fragile egos!

There's nothing more off putting to me than a whinging whiney man: some of you really need to get over yourselves. If someone doesn't want you, how can it possibly their loss?!!

I can't be arsed to block, if the dimwits keep writing and can't understand what a deleted message means that's their look out.

Oh, and before you cry babies start on about me being rude and up my own arse, the FIRST sentence of my profile says not meeting til December due to ill health!!! Why would someone then write asking "wanna play sexy?" More to the point why would I reply?!! "

Totally echo your sentiments Sassy....some people really need to 'Man Up'.

Maybe if they themselves got more than one message a week (if they are lucky) sent to them they would appreciate what it is like to be bombarded by guys who suffer from selective reading when browsing profiles.

I feel sure that if the couple concerned are reading this and some of the "up their own ass" and "serial blocker" replies they will be sat smiling knowing they made the correct choice!....There are probably quite a few others who have been busy hitting the blocked button after reading some of the replies!!

"You may now find that more folks than ever have blocked you on account of the fact that being blocked clearly annoys you enough to start a thread about it ....

Some folks are just like that "

.... Yeah they are. Really sad.

* sits on coffin *

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

was going to comment... but can't be arsed... will wait till the next 'gosh, I am blocked and pass me a tissue thread' comes along...

I won't be in for a long wait..

Only ones we block from time to time are the ones who Dont read our add/profile, follow the rules dont get blocked. simple.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

If you accepted and would have respected the "we will let you know"... why does it make a difference if they blocked you or not?

"some will just block. move on and forget about it.

there loss."

Do you have any idea how childish the last two words sound?

Sure block someone who isn't interested, especially if you are likely to forget they have already knocked you back... is saves you time and saves them thinking you're perstering them. That's quite a positive reason.

But really... "their loss"... come on!

More people will read those two words this week than will read your profile.... is that really how you want to present yourself?

Lol we have had a few emails this week that have ended with "your loss" How can it be our loss when we don't know them?

We block people if they email us and they are not for us,the reason we do it is it simply saves that person emailing us again and saying no thanks again but no one should have to explain themselves for using the block function...

OP get over yourself,they obviously thought you were not for them after they saw your pic,it happens and if someone blocked us after seeing our pics we wouldnt moan about it,you just move on.

Coventry

yes u might b right and i know its a swinging site but if anyone gives me a polite no thanks i will reply with ok thanks and have fun.. then still end up blocked.. could understad if i said something nasty ??

Its par for the course on here, and if you moan about it people will criticise you. As i have stated 'some' and i must reiterate not all , people on here are simple rude and as suggested previously stuck up their own arses. Its a power trip, and shows lack of class and manners. Iam all for blocking dick heads and people who send ausive emails but that was not the case with the OP "

yes think we sort of agree with each other lol.. can imagine theres a lot of knob heads that give abuse.. totally understand them getting blocked... i just see some people on here that i think sound interesting get in touch with them to chat and get blocked.. anyway as long as the genuine people on here are having fun it dont really matter xx

Its par for the course on here, and if you moan about it people will criticise you. As i have stated 'some' and i must reiterate not all , people on here are simple rude and as suggested previously stuck up their own arses. Its a power trip, and shows lack of class and manners. Iam all for blocking dick heads and people who send ausive emails but that was not the case with the OP

yes think we sort of agree with each other lol.. can imagine theres a lot of knob heads that give abuse.. totally understand them getting blocked... i just see some people on here that i think sound interesting get in touch with them to chat and get blocked.. anyway as long as the genuine people on here are having fun it dont really matter xx"

So what you are saying is that if you get blocked then the person who has blocked is not genuine?

Boo-hooo ... I've been stopped from contacting someone 'again' who clearly doesn't want to meet me... *stomps feet*.... it's so UNFAIR! I'm gonna call them rude and nasty and ... and... and... shame on them for turning me down when they should know I just can't handle rejection well.

Well that's the way I read a lot of the stuff in these threads.

Always blocking here from guys who forget who i am

i dont block unless i really have to, i also dont respond to winks unless im interested

Coventry

yes think we sort of agree with each other lol.. can imagine theres a lot of knob heads that give abuse.. totally understand them getting blocked... i just see some people on here that i think sound interesting get in touch with them to chat and get blocked.. anyway as long as the genuine people on here are having fun it dont really matter xx

So what you are saying is that if you get blocked then the person who has blocked is not genuine?"

well i dont know cause i cant talk to them... if no one was rude or pushy dont see any reason to block but maybe im missing something... maybe if i was single female or popular couple i might think different lol xx

"

well i dont know cause i cant talk to them... if no one was rude or pushy dont see any reason to block but maybe im missing something... "

So are you saying... if they hadn't blocked you, you would continue to message them to find out more info?

I think you have answered your own question.

Coventry

"

well i dont know cause i cant talk to them... if no one was rude or pushy dont see any reason to block but maybe im missing something...

So are you saying... if they hadn't blocked you, you would continue to message them to find out more info?

I think you have answered your own question."

no if anyone say thanks but no thanks i do send one reply.. thanks for your reply have fun.. but i am nice lol xx

So what you are saying is that if you get blocked then the person who has blocked is not genuine?

well i dont know cause i cant talk to them... if no one was rude or pushy dont see any reason to block but maybe im missing something... maybe if i was single female or popular couple i might think different lol xx"

maybe you should just see it as a not interested, and leave it at that. I for one hate it when people ask why and why not etc makes me think they are needy or insecure

"

well i dont know cause i cant talk to them... if no one was rude or pushy dont see any reason to block but maybe im missing something...

no if anyone say thanks but no thanks i do send one reply.. thanks for your reply have fun.. but i am nice lol xx"

So why does it matter if they block you or not?

Euro anchor.... They have blocked you because they dont want to get to know you... Simple really,it happens.

We have people who we have blocked,does that mean we are not genuine?

People have blocked us,that does not mean they are not genuine,just means they dont want any contact of us!

Coventry

"

no if anyone say thanks but no thanks i do send one reply.. thanks for your reply have fun.. but i am nice lol xx

So why does it matter if they block you or not?"

ok u win lol.. dont really matter.. i gotta work now .. have a good day.. i never win lol xx

"

So why does it matter if they block you or not?

ok u win lol.. dont really matter.. i gotta work now .. have a good day.. i never win lol xx"

It's not about winning. I really am curious to find a string of logic which makes sense as to why someone would be miffed about being blocked by someone they won't be contacting again.

people like that no worth knowing x who just block with out even knowing you and after thay wink.Maybe if thay never liked your face pic could have just said xxxx sad some people here xxx jo

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I feel sure that if the couple concerned are reading this and some of the "up their own ass" and "serial blocker" replies they will be sat smiling knowing they made the correct choice!....There are probably quite a few others who have been busy hitting the blocked button after reading some of the replies!! "

this is probably the truest thing said in this thread....

I tell people that whinging and moaning are not sexy traits at all....

if people can't take rejection I do wonder why people are here.. we are all big boys and girls apparently so it is just like in real life.. dust yourself down and move on.....

They could have just said no thanks and that would have been it, so why the block? Answers on a postcard please!!people like that no worth knowing x who just block with out even knowing you and after thay wink.Maybe if thay never liked your face pic could have just said xxxx sad some people here xxx jo"

Oh... so instead of blocking someone they don't know, but know enough to know they won't want to meet them, they should wait to see what type of person they turn out to be. They are 'sad people' because they don't want to have to read the "it's your loss" "you're not that good looking anyway" type messages.

Sometime sending a no thanks isn't the end of it... it's the start of something else.

If all people are so accepting of a 'no thanks'... why do so many struggle to accept being blocked is just a site function to stop further unwanted messages.

They could have just said no thanks and that would have been it, so why the block? Answers on a postcard please!!

i dont block unless i really have to, i also dont respond to winks unless im interested "

this morning we were contacted by a couple who had sent us face pics, they had found ours to be very attractive and we were boosted by thier compliments.

unfortunately we did not see the same in thiers so very politely said thier was no attraction for one of us and it would be nice to keep in touch and bump into etc at parties and clubs .

the response was pretty pathetic and bordering on calling one of us ugly..lol

this coming from two people who look like they run head first into parked cars...maybe the block button was a better option ...they unfortunately got to press it before we could reply.bummer

"

Sometime sending a no thanks isn't the end of it... it's the start of something else.

If all people are so accepting of a 'no thanks'... why do so many struggle to accept being blocked is just a site function to stop further unwanted messages."

Couldn't have said it better x

By *ustylikesgentsCouple  over a year ago

North wales coast

Still waiting for the punchline !

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"Boo-hooo ... I've been stopped from contacting someone 'again' who clearly doesn't want to meet me... *stomps feet*.... it's so UNFAIR! I'm gonna call them rude and nasty and ... and... and... "

Oi, you forgot to add "Their Loss" to your post!

"Still waiting for the punchline !"

to what post or shall we just all guess

We use the block option a lot.... Our main reason is down right ignorance... It really is that simple!!!

Getting a message from someone that clearly has not read our profile deserves it because it shows a level of lack of respect. Copy and pasted messages do nothing for us as it shows us that the individual/couple are so desperate to get "anything" that they haven't got time to find out if we are truly compatible.

So really, what we are saying is.... the first level of ignorance is shown by the sender of a message when it is so obvious that they haven't took time out to read our profile.... our reply is only "high-fived" with the same lack of respect *block button*

Oh btw, if someone DOES take time to read our profile and message us then they DO get a reply, even if it is a "thanks, but no thanks". It's called manners!!!!

By *ustylikesgentsCouple  over a year ago

North wales coast

"Still waiting for the punchline !

to what post or shall we just all guess"

If you re speaking for everyone then i guess you could guess

"Still waiting for the punchline !

to what post or shall we just all guess

If you re speaking for everyone then i guess you could guess"

cryptic methinks

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

yes u might b right and i know its a swinging site but if anyone gives me a polite no thanks i will reply with ok thanks and have fun.. then still end up blocked.. could understad if i said something nasty ??"

The reason we block now once we have said no thank you is, in most cases we found that in a week or months time, they "forgot" they'd e mailed us before (HOW insulting!) and tried again. And again a few weeks after that. Blocking is an easy way of making sure you don't have (repeated) contact from people you're not interested in. It's not rude at all.

*Her*

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"The reason we block now once we have said no thank you is, in most cases we found that in a week or months time, they "forgot" they'd e mailed us before (HOW insulting!) and tried again."

And that's the ONLY reason we block

"The reason we block now once we have said no thank you is, in most cases we found that in a week or months time, they "forgot" they'd e mailed us before (HOW insulting!) and tried again.

And that's the ONLY reason we block "

We do exactly the same. Some people can't seem to remember who they have contacted . So to save embarrassment and time we just simply block. Unfortunately our block list is growing.

"The reason we block now once we have said no thank you is, in most cases we found that in a week or months time, they "forgot" they'd e mailed us before (HOW insulting!) and tried again.

And that's the ONLY reason we block

We do exactly the same. Some people can't seem to remember who they have contacted . So to save embarrassment and time we just simply block. Unfortunately our block list is growing. "

I would rather be blocked personally than send messages to people who clearly are not interested in me. It saves me wasting my time after all.

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

The reason we block now once we have said no thank you is, in most cases we found that in a week or months time, they "forgot" they'd e mailed us before (HOW insulting!) and tried again. And again a few weeks after that. Blocking is an easy way of making sure you don't have (repeated) contact from people you're not interested in. It's not rude at all.

*Her*"

I agree totally, I block people when they dont read my profile so havent thought about looking to see what my choices are so I block them so they dont contact me again in a few months time. Just had one from a guy now that mailed me a few months back.

I would rather just block those that I dont want contacting me again as it saves me time and them as at least they know if I have blocked them it means I am not interested and wont be interested in a few months.

Rarely have blocked someone because they have been rude to me, just because I am not interested in them.

They could have just said no thanks and that would have been it, so why the block? Answers on a postcard please!! I have been on this site for over a year now i have just blocked one idiot who was just rude from the word got that is how extreme i have been. I do understand that block must be used as a last option but some people are just arseholes they can not take NO for an answer.

You will get a variety of different responses from people on here answering your question, the most common will be 'its there choice' its a staple answer on here iam afraid. My personal opinion is that 'some' people can be a bit rude and hasty when using the block button, i know its frustrating but they are probably not worth the effort "

By *onymandyCouple  over a year ago

Bromley

Hello-quite often a blocking will occur when the wink or approach is from a profile which bears no resemblance to a "wanted" profile. I know its frustrating and a polite no thanks is no hardship lets not waste each others time. For example if we ask for guys 35-60 and local and with accommodation we dont want 20 somethings with no accommodation who live 150 miles away-simple really!!

By *iamondladyWoman  over a year ago

titsville

I'm fortunate to receive alot of mails as do alot of single fems. I block all people that I don't feel a connection with as it eliminates further mails and hopefully cuts down the number of mails I have to open/ answer each day. I always try to reply first with a sorry not my type first but she messages don't even merit that.

Currently I have 90plus mails to open and respond to and loads I have opened but didn't have time to respond to etc.

Coventry

They could have just said no thanks and that would have been it, so why the block? Answers on a postcard please!! I have been on this site for over a year now i have just blocked one idiot who was just rude from the word got that is how extreme i have been. I do understand that block must be used as a last option but some people are just arseholes they can not take NO for an answer.

You will get a variety of different responses from people on here answering your question, the most common will be 'its there choice' its a staple answer on here iam afraid. My personal opinion is that 'some' people can be a bit rude and hasty when using the block button, i know its frustrating but they are probably not worth the effort "

totally agree with u... only thing is if u write something like that people think ur moaning but thats just not true

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I can understand the block button, but I never use it lol, I can always just ignore.....which I do quite frequently (sorry!!) but it all depends on the message I receive and what mood I am in at the time

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

saying that....funny thing happened the other night, got a message that only said 'hi' I replied 'wtf???' (was in a cheeky mood lol) to find I was blocked!! Hmmm lol

"

You will get a variety of different responses from people on here answering your question, the most common will be 'its there choice' its a staple answer on here iam afraid. My personal opinion is that 'some' people can be a bit rude and hasty when using the block button, i know its frustrating but they are probably not worth the effort

totally agree with u... only thing is if u write something like that people think ur moaning but thats just not true"

If some people are rude and hasty when using the block button... that implies some are not rude and hasty when they block people.

My question is... how do you tell which are which when the action and outcome are exactly the same for both?

» Add a new message to this topic