FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Sex Addiction Dr Drew

Sex Addiction Dr Drew

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi guys just watching the first episode of Sex Rehab with Dr Drew, here is my question,

how do you know when you have got a problem with sex? is it when you become detatched from emotion and having sex with lots of different people is the buzz?

or is the swinging aspect of it the release? just an intereting theory ive been playing around with while watching this first episode. xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

My take is that its the same as any addiction, i.e. forego the usual parts of life to satisfy the need.

e.g. never at home always out at a swing club or meet. Ignoring your vanilla friends to possible dates. Spending more on sex toys than food.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

is being detatched from emotion and having sex with lots of different people a problem with sex?

I dont have a partner so i use such sites for sex, i have no emotional feelings towards anyone i meet and i meet lots of people i dont feel i have a problem with sex tho

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Lack of emotion does not mean lack of respect...

All too often the impression is given by mainstream that sex for sex sake means you are perverted, or dangerous.

Cue NOTW headlines as per usual each week, but then the duality of the adverts etc

By *lack_BoltMan  over a year ago

oxford

I think it's much more complex than that. Sex additions a very specific medical condition. Many celebs have jumped on the bandwagon lately and is has become quite fashionable to say you're a sex addict.

However the need/desire for sex in itself isn't a qualifier. There is a big psychological component that requires other needs and conditions, where sex forms a part but not the whole picture.

I could ask my doctor as I was clarified as sexually addicted a few years back.

I think my addiction is under control now I am with My husband. I used to just have to get it and not care where.. but now its all much more structured and I get more out of it. However we would be the first to admit its a very big part of our lives.

However swinging is a very small part of our sex life.

I think to be fair its just a idea that has come over from America and seems to be the big thing at the moment..

I also beg to question why would you want curing. :D

Katie. x

oxford

Hi Katie tried to and you a PM, but couldn't.

;-)

Sex addiction, like any addiction is very damaging I should imagine. I wouldnt say sex addiction was just wanting lots of sex with many sexual partners but not feeling anything for them, I would say that it becomes the all important part of your life that you have to have regardless of anything else. To want sex constantly 24/7, to not be able to think about anything else but sex, to put it before your children, or your job or your friends etc, to make it the most important thing in your life and sacrifice everything to it, would be a very very big problem i would say. Im glad I dont suffer from it

"is being detatched from emotion and having sex with lots of different people a problem with sex?

I dont have a partner so i use such sites for sex, i have no emotional feelings towards anyone i meet and i meet lots of people i dont feel i have a problem with sex tho"

think that sort of sums it up.

if you enjoy lots of sex then are you addicted or just enjoying yourself?

some like video games and play for hours.

some like sex and do the same.

just get on with it

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks everyone for their input,

oxford

There is another component to think about when discussing sex addiction, and that is the motivation behind it. Is it for fun or the need for occasional release? Or is it a compulsion? Is there any control of that need? Or lack of it? How and when does it occur and in what context?

It is really quite complex.

» Add a new message to this topic