FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Timewasters

Timewasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is there anything that can be done about timewasters? There seems to be alot of them on here. Its getting to a point where I am thinking of leaving FAB, which would be a shame but there you go.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Is there anything that can be done about timewasters? There seems to be alot of them on here. Its getting to a point where I am thinking of leaving FAB, which would be a shame but there you go."
block them and move on

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Define timewaster.

Before we can answer your question, we need to know how you define timewaster.

"Define timewaster.

Before we can answer your question, we need to know how you define timewaster. "

everyone will have a different definition,so if he thinks they are timewasters block them no harm done

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Upon reading his profile, it would appear that not replying to his message is his version of a timewaster.

If that is the case, then I'll not be replying anymore, because I don't reply to every message I get, so I am one anyway!!!

Unfortunately your not the first, nor will you be the last to ask the same question.

Type timewaster into the search box over on the left and see what comes up.

After reading your profile where it moans about people not replying to emails is that why you think they are timewasters?

Just because someone doesnt reply doesnt make them a timewaster.... especially if you mailed them unsolicited.

How many mails do you get from fems or couples a month? 10 maybe?

Have a think how many fems and some couples get a day.... 50 to 100 if they are active in the forums and chat with webcam on.

How easy is it to reply to 10 messages? Pretty easy, 10 seconds each if its just a no thanks?

Now how time consuming would it be to reply to 50 a day? How frustrating would it be if 99% of them hadnt even bothered to read their profile?

See where I'm coming from now?

Go have a look at:

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/scotland/1167

for some tips.

Good luck

S.

[Removed by poster at 12/12/10 21:18:19]

Upon reading his profile, it would appear that not replying to his message is his version of a timewaster.

If that is the case, then I'll not be replying anymore, because I don't reply to every message I get, so I am one anyway!!!

Thats not what I mean. What I mean is people who chat, arrange to meet/call etc , then just stop messaging with no explanation at all.

I wasnt on about the unanswered messages!!

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Just leave the site as it's obviously full of timewasters. Z

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Upon reading his profile, it would appear that not replying to his message is his version of a timewaster.

Thats not what I mean. What I mean is people who chat, arrange to meet/call etc , then just stop messaging with no explanation at all.

I wasnt on about the unanswered messages!!"

well thats is what happens when you have one definition of a timewaster on your profile... and try to talk about another without being specific on the forums....

people will do backreading....

anyway tell you what it looks like to me..

you have only been here 6 weeks...

you have already had meets... in fact verified yesterday!!!

A lot of single guys would die to be in your position on here, you really have nothing to be complaining about...

It took at lot of people months and months to get meets.... so in the grand scheme of things the smile on your face should be the other way up!!

These time waster threads are getting boring now. Would the OP please be kind enough to give his definition of a time waster ?

Please don't take too long though as we don't have much time.

After reading the OP's profile we are of the opinion that he should possibly try a dating site.

Bolton

"After reading the OP's profile we are of the opinion that he should possibly try a dating site."

and there I was thinking it was so positive! Z

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Only been here 6 weeks. Yes it does sound like he should be on a dating site rather than a swingers site

nothing you can do.

unless they have it a crime to back out of a meet and take away your freedom of choice.

Bolton

We've been swinging for a few years, seen the fake profiles, messaged people who aren't ever going to meet, but never had a problem with 'timewasters' ie people who arrange to meet then disappear. Unanswered messages? Stopped messaging? Not timewsters, just a fact of life. Z

I'm still amazed when people start these timewasting threads. I've been swinging three years on site over a year and yet to encounter a timewaster!

I've spoken to people and we've stopped communicating for whatever reason, I've arranged meets and they've been cancelled with ample notice, I've met socially and we've been unable to meet to play for one reason or another, I've two playmates I've met socially twice over a year ago but work and ill health has meant we won't play till next week! To the OP these would be classed as time wasting: I don't!

For me a timewaster would be someone who arranges to meet, I have the lube, extra batteries and optimistically large condoms waiting and the meet never turned up: that has never happened!

People can and do change their mind OP, if you can't accept that then this may not be the site for you!

"I'm still amazed when people start these timewasting threads. I've been swinging three years on site over a year and yet to encounter a timewaster!

I've spoken to people and we've stopped communicating for whatever reason, I've arranged meets and they've been cancelled with ample notice, I've met socially and we've been unable to meet to play for one reason or another, I've two playmates I've met socially twice over a year ago but work and ill health has meant we won't play till next week! To the OP these would be classed as time wasting: I don't!

For me a timewaster would be someone who arranges to meet, I have the lube, extra batteries and optimistically large condoms waiting and the meet never turned up: that has never happened!

People can and do change their mind OP, if you can't accept that then this may not be the site for you!"

Said so eloquently. Our thoughts and opinions are exactly the same.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Is there anything that can be done about timewasters? There seems to be alot of them on here. Its getting to a point where I am thinking of leaving FAB, which would be a shame but there you go."

Bye then.

LIKE EVERYTHING ! people change ,there minds there tastes ,just be man enough to take a knock back , and sure they cant waste that much of your time ,as long as they say eventually they dont wanna meet ,wots the rush , FRANKIE XX

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I will hold my hands up.... I often start chatting to people who have sent me a message and then just stop replying.

It's usually because they have bored me shitless and I fear any further communication will send me into a coma.

As a general rule we just line them up against a wall and shoot them, but seeing as it's almost Christmas, the season of good will and all that, we tend to just tie them up and drop acid in their eyes ....

That punishment lasts until Jan 2nd, after which it's up against the wall again until the next festive season

By *ryanythingonce2Man  over a year ago

barnsley

maybe its cos after they chat to u your not what they are looking for i know it may come across as rude that they don't answer but trust me just move on and don't take it personal

"Is there anything that can be done about timewasters? There seems to be alot of them on here. Its getting to a point where I am thinking of leaving FAB, which would be a shame but there you go.

As a general rule we just line them up against a wall and shoot them, but seeing as it's almost Christmas, the season of good will and all that, we tend to just tie them up and drop acid in their eyes ....

That punishment lasts until Jan 2nd, after which it's up against the wall again until the next festive season

"

a bit harsh?

Agree with Polo!

Mind you, I would have stopped PM'ing the person way before he has the chance to ask for a meet!

Well, seeya.

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

thought timewasters were people that dont turn up for a meet... if people dont answer ur message just take it their not interested.. sure there r a few on here with no intension of meeting though...

I too agree with Polo...

I prefer a full stop to the risk of a comma...

Time wsting is just part of swinging, just stick it behind you and move on

By *agman n angelCouple  over a year ago

benidorm

so you know we are not timewasters, we have just opened the exit door, dont forget to close it on your way out, dont want any timewasters sneaking in now do we.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I wasnt on about the unanswered messages!!"

Thats not timewasting to me, that is they have changed their mind and can't be bothered telling you.

It is coming across as if you think if people have started having a conversation with you that they have to carry it on to a meet.

By *teph_NaturallyTV/TS  over a year ago

Kettering

God when will ppl get these definitions right ..i've been around for a few yrs too! and I and most ppl i know describe a Timewaster as :someone who arranges a meet then doesnt let u know they cant make it..a No Show!

The descriptions given here seem more like Fantasists and Dreamers...and they are par for the course on the interweb thingy alas...get over it and move on

"God when will ppl get these definitions right ..i've been around for a few yrs too! and I and most ppl i know describe a Timewaster as :someone who arranges a meet then doesnt let u know they cant make it..a No Show!

The descriptions given here seem more like Fantasists and Dreamers...and they are par for the course on the interweb thingy alas...get over it and move on "

Totally agree x

"

The descriptions given here seem more like Fantasists and Dreamers...and they are par for the course on the interweb thingy alas...get over it and move on "

I disagree: they are not necessarily fantasists and dreamers, but people who've changed their mind!!!

Apart from that...I agree with you!

Was about to msg the OP, as I thought he was looking for timewasters when I saw the thread title. Oh well, I`ll just keep trying elsewhere.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I see thyme wasters as people who would put it in say a bolognese or maybe a curry sauce.

Why not try it in a ham or maybe a game recipe you Thyme wasting fuckwits!?

Sorry everyone but it really boils my piss.

Forum Mod

"

Sorry everyone but it really boils my piss."

Would you like some thyme to go in that?

to the op by then

in the night garden

"

Sorry everyone but it really boils my piss.

Would you like some thyme to go in that? "

What a novel soup recipe you've hit upon!

Dreamers, fantasy seekers, no shows.....they happen in all walks of life not just the swinging scene. Try and sell your car, motorbike or anything on the Internet and you'll come across them. It's just a part of life. Try not to fall into the false position of blaming the website for the conduct of some of the people that use it.

However it is dressed up some people are rude, but that reflects society and those individuals, not the media they choose to communicate via, in this case FAB.

I understand your frustration but would urge you not to blame FAB, there's some courteous polite people on here who are able to turn people down in a civil way and there are those who are rude. The rude are in the minority in my opinion.

(ps. remember it's rude to 'expect' and also not to 'respect' - anyone has the right to change their mind).

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"What I mean is people who chat, arrange to meet/call etc , then just stop messaging with no explanation at all!"

We once arranged to meet a couple, on the day of the meet we called them and clarified everything was OK, en-route to the meet, we received a text from them saying due to nerves they couldn't go through with the meet, did we class them as time-wasters, not at all, having been in their position once, we understood how they felt, eventually, we meet up, albeit several months later

"What I mean is people who chat, arrange to meet/call etc , then just stop messaging with no explanation at all!

We once arranged to meet a couple, on the day of the meet we called them and clarified everything was OK, en-route to the meet, we received a text from them saying due to nerves they couldn't go through with the meet, did we class them as time-wasters, not at all, having been in their position once, we understood how they felt, eventually, we meet up, albeit several months later "

That was lovely you looking at it like that some would have seen red and said all sorts x but your right looking at it how you did and made them feel safe to meet when ready x

People are too quick to throw around the word timewasters or fakes just because someone doesnt reply to an email or wont drop things just because they have recieved an email.

"These time waster threads are getting boring now. Would the OP please be kind enough to give his definition of a time waster ?

Please don't take too long though as we don't have much time.

"

.........If it has timewaster in the topic dont read it & post your comment @ These time waster threads are getting boring now move on to the next subject simple

* creeps round graveyard*

"

.........If it has timewaster in the topic dont read it & post your comment @ These time waster threads are getting boring now move on to the next subject simple

* creeps round graveyard*"

yes like you i see them alot here post like this but Get1free made a very good point and alot here could lean from reading that x

50 bloody hell what are we doing wrong lol

sue n dave

Think I may fall under the timewaster catagory this week... Been chatting to a lass with the hope to meet... Mailed to say I will be working near her this week... She replied in a positive way.. Then had word my schedule has changed so mailed her again to tell her. again she mails back...not a problem. scedule changed again and i am near her so left another message... and now its changed for the 4th time ffs.

so yes, today i am a timewaster, lol

if the lass concerned reads this... am awfy sorry, lol

s.

"Think I may fall under the timewaster catagory this week... Been chatting to a lass with the hope to meet... Mailed to say I will be working near her this week... She replied in a positive way.. Then had word my schedule has changed so mailed her again to tell her. again she mails back...not a problem. scedule changed again and i am near her so left another message... and now its changed for the 4th time ffs.

so yes, today i am a timewaster, lol

if the lass concerned reads this... am awfy sorry, lol

s. "

your being truthfull and she know where she stand ... thats why she not told you bugger off .... I think if people mail or say how things are its ok alot of the times ,, its when thay dont and leave people just hangging its not nice x

in the night garden

Hi! Just bumping this thread as it's a key subject which I don't think has been covered enough.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Hi! Just bumping this thread as it's a key subject which I don't think has been covered enough. "

lmao

where you gonna go when you leave?

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

For the record, I waste a lot of time here!

"For the record, I waste a lot of time here! "
well can you find somewhere else to waste time before you get accused of wasting other people`s time!

"People are too quick to throw around the word timewasters or fakes just because someone doesnt reply to an email or wont drop things just because they have recieved an email."

To me time wasters are those that email me, ring me, tell me they are on there way, text me to say they are nearly there.. then thats it.. profile blocked, never show.

Nerves are all well and good.. but these are normally people that try for the time leading up to the meet to get some phone chat or photos.. but that is never going to happen..

Katie. x

Bolton

A shame for who? Z

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

I have only ever been caught out by a so called timewaster on one occasion.

just last saturday night as it happens.

a couple mailed me asking me to come and meet them in a local bar but when I ot there I heard nothing more from them.

my own fault really as we'd not spoken on the phone or exchanged any pics.

but seeing as the bar was only 10 mins from my flat, it got me off the sofa and out of the house, and I had a few pints and chatted to some nice people in there, I can hardly say that it was a waste of my time,

so bothered?

not really

their loss

dont think i will respond , errr it seems a waste of time , ohhhh bugger tooo late

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

"Hi! Just bumping this thread as it's a key subject which I don't think has been covered enough.

lmao"

I do hope not, I'm rather fond of it where it was.

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

"Hi! Just bumping this thread as it's a key subject which I don't think has been covered enough.

lmao

I do hope not, I'm rather fond of it where it was. "

you waste my time when you phone - that's an hour of listening to inane drivel that I will never get back xx

"Is there anything that can be done about timewasters? There seems to be alot of them on here. Its getting to a point where I am thinking of leaving FAB, which would be a shame but there you go.

A shame for who? Z"

a shame he never got to meet any of fab`s timewasters before he left!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

lmao

I do hope not, I'm rather fond of it where it was. "

lol I wouldn't mind some of it dropping off

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple  over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

member 6 weeks 2 meets id call that a great start , maybe the person who you were emailing calling had something important to do in every day life it is getting on for xmas time full of busy ,but what makes me laugh is the old "am thinking of leaving site" why do anyone make a anouncement if some ones gona go just do it it makes the situation seem desperate theres 100s of men out there would give owt for 2 meets in 6 weeks.

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Do time wasters really exist though? Maybe they are just fussier or more selective people? I tend to look at it that way and lean towards the theory that people who harp on about time wasters are generally less patient and possibly less skilled at on line interaction. If this wasn't the case everyone would have this so called issue which is clearly not the case.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"For the record, I waste a lot of time here!

well can you find somewhere else to waste time before you get accused of wasting other people`s time!"

Pah... where's the fun in that?!

I dont see the point in getting wound up about this. Just block and move on. People have lives that interfere with all the best laid plans.

By *laclkguyMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

Dreamers, fantasy seekers, no shows.....they happen in all walks of life not just the swinging scene. Try and sell your car, motorbike or anything on the Internet and you'll come across them. It's just a part of life. Try not to fall into the false position of blaming the website for the conduct of some of the people that use it.

However it is dressed up some people are rude, but that reflects society and those individuals, not the media they choose to communicate via, in this case FAB.

I understand your frustration but would urge you not to blame FAB, there's some courteous polite people on here who are able to turn people down in a civil way and there are those who are rude. The rude are in the minority in my opinion.

(ps. remember it's rude to 'expect' and also not to 'respect' - anyone has the right to change their mind). "

well said that man

i've been messed about by a few members it's all been canceled out by the folks that have been up for meets

i think that i've been on here for about the same time and i'm just getting to know my way around and it's getting better all the time

"member 6 weeks 2 meets id call that a great start , maybe the person who you were emailing calling had something important to do in every day life it is getting on for xmas time full of busy ,but what makes me laugh is the old "am thinking of leaving site" why do anyone make a anouncement if some ones gona go just do it it makes the situation seem desperate theres 100s of men out there would give owt for 2 meets in 6 weeks."

i think even linford christie would be happy with that start too and think he should be more concerned about it dropping off

The OP needs to join Match.com or something like that. Or maybe put an lonely hearts ad in the local rag.

Pontefract

I've just come across a time wasting couple

i got in contact with them by phone and after a chat agreed to meet so i popped into the shower and got ready then i sent a text to get the address no reply phoned them twice 30 mins later they wouldn't answer the phone

They are now reported and blocked

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"I've just come across a time wasting couple

i got in contact with them by phone and after a chat agreed to meet so i popped into the shower and got ready then i sent a text to get the address no reply phoned them twice 30 mins later they wouldn't answer the phone

They are now reported and blocked "

Too right - a whole 5 minutes wasted in the shower.

The question is, do you treat that as January's shower, or accept being extra clean?

They are now reported and blocked "

Blocking I understand, reported for what, changing their minds. They are entitled to do so. Admittedly they could have communicated it better but at the end of the day if they changed their mind thats up to them

This thread has wasted my time !!!

Bastard OP !!!

Blocking I understand, reported for what, changing their minds. They are entitled to do so. Admittedly they could have communicated it better but at the end of the day if they changed their mind thats up to them"

I was thinking the same thing: people are allowed to change their mind!

Pontefract

Blocking I understand, reported for what, changing their minds. They are entitled to do so. Admittedly they could have communicated it better but at the end of the day if they changed their mind thats up to them"

If they changed their mind but had nothing to hide they would have answered their phone rather than waste my time

Blocking I understand, reported for what, changing their minds. They are entitled to do so. Admittedly they could have communicated it better but at the end of the day if they changed their mind thats up to them

I was thinking the same thing: people are allowed to change their mind! "

can see a little group forming out of the original timewasters......mind changers

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Too right - a whole 5 minutes wasted in the shower.

The question is, do you treat that as January's shower, or accept being extra clean?"

I always ask this question and no one who says they get loads of timewasters has ever answered it....

how on earth do people go about choosing there potential playmates? because I have only had one in the last 3-4 years......

» Add a new message to this topic