FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > I know the rules, do you?

I know the rules, do you?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As the op of this thread i get to see the forum rules, anyone adding to this thread will not be able to see the rules. so do you know what they are

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"As the op of this thread i get to see the forum rules, anyone adding to this thread will not be able to see the rules. so do you know what they are"

IT posts the rules before you post this.. even when you add a reply. :D

Katie.x

which are..( sorry forgot to add them)

Please note the forum rules before posting:

Don't badmouth other members or "name and shame": If you have a problem with another member, block them and leave feedback using "Report Profile" link on their profile

Don't post phone numbers

Do not use the forum to try and contact people who have BLOCKED you

Don't promote commercial services or websites: Anyone spamming the forums will be removed from the site

its exactly the same as the op page but without the title box.

but people must not notice them as your post proves

its only when you post or reply. If somone was thinking of adding to the post they wouldnt be able to veiw the rules.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

They can before they post.

"They can before they post."

OOOOOOP`s, just noticed that, now I`ve no excuse for being a obnoxious shite.

"its only when you post or reply. If somone was thinking of adding to the post they wouldnt be able to veiw the rules."

if you're only thinking of posting something the rules don't apply

[Removed by poster at 24/01/11 14:29:06]

I know the rules. I was thinking about posters who dont and might wish to read them before posting. They are not visable till you go to reply.

By *agman n angelCouple  over a year ago

benidorm

so i guess everyone who has posted will know the rules, people who dont post dont need to know.

good thread!

just read a thread (not mine) on the feedback forum where regular posters say that certian things are not allowed when infact there is nothing in the rules about the matter.

Forum Mod

Im going to post the same thing Rugby posted on the other thread which was a response from admin about the rules of forum posting

*******We don't have an exhaustive list of do's and don'ts because it would be exhausting to produce!

We do rely on a wee bit of common sense. I'm pretty sure most of us on here would be upset if private mails we sent got posted on a public forum. That's why it's not ok (and usually results in a permanent forum ban).

Please try to remember that the forums are meant to be a bit of light hearted fun not a place to air dirty laundry

Admin x

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"just read a thread (not mine) on the feedback forum where regular posters say that certian things are not allowed when infact there is nothing in the rules about the matter."

I know the rules of posting though, so that's why I put the post I did on the thread you read!

Tayside

I forgot to add that they are there and have been there ever since I started posting in the forums and I do also use my common sense!

The point i have made is that they are not allways there. You might know where they are but not everyone knows has that thread clearly shows.

By *agman n angelCouple  over a year ago

benidorm

yawn

Tayside

"The point i have made is that they are not allways there. You might know where they are but not everyone knows has that thread clearly shows."

They are always there everytime you reply to or start a thread and as for common sense that should always be there in us all. It is for me anyway!

Forum Mod

Thr same rules are there whether you're the OP or responding to a post,whether people want to actually read them is another thing though

It says nothing in those rules about what can be put in a post. There are things that you cant put in a thread but you only find that out when you have posted it. If you look at the post from admin that has been posted on this thread that proves the point. It relates to posting PMs. This does not appear anywhere else.

I am supprised that a post i strarted to get better informed and maybe be of help to others has yet again turned into a debate. Not really in the spirt of the forums

Forum Mod

we're all adults though and its easy to be able to use your common sense when posting.......well I think it is

That message from admin was about pms but can be used to cover many things,as it said a full list would be exhaustive to produce

Whats wrong with a debate? and why is'nt a debate in the spirit of the forums? I love a good reasoned debate and so do many others on here,I would have thought that its a huge part of the forums

Tayside

"It says nothing in those rules about what can be put in a post. There are things that you cant put in a thread but you only find that out when you have posted it. If you look at the post from admin that has been posted on this thread that proves the point. It relates to posting PMs. This does not appear anywhere else.

I am supprised that a post i strarted to get better informed and maybe be of help to others has yet again turned into a debate. Not really in the spirt of the forums

"

The forums are always going to be about debate!

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you but not everyone is going to have the same opinions as you do, some will but some won't and they will normally say so too and post their own thoughts on any subject on the forums and have every right to too!

That is, as long as they stay within the site rules for posting!

Really don't mean to be rude but what the he'll is this thread about? Am I missing something?

"

That is, as long as they stay within the site rules for posting! "

Just to be sure, can someone clarify the rules please? Not quite grasped them yet, lol

Tayside

"Really don't mean to be rude but what the he'll is this thread about? Am I missing something?

"

Forum posting rules I think Steve

Its nothing to do with opions. If a poster can be banned for posting a PM should they not be made aware of it before hand ?

I am more than happy to debate any subject but i do feel somtimes important facts get lost amongst petty arguments.

Tayside

" Its nothing to do with opions. If a poster can be banned for posting a PM should they not be made aware of it before hand ?

I am more than happy to debate any subject but i do feel somtimes important facts get lost amongst petty arguments."

It is to do with opinions! Other people do have them too!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

" Its nothing to do with opions. If a poster can be banned for posting a PM should they not be made aware of it before hand ?

I am more than happy to debate any subject but i do feel somtimes important facts get lost amongst petty arguments."

A poster will normally get a reminder on the thread or in mails( depending on the severity of the post)before being banned for most things.

Forum Mod

If you know someone that has been banned for posting a pm without being informed first about it then I would be surprised.....but then again that would be between the mods and the person concerned and not to do with any other user

You're right though maybe people do need to be made aware that posting a private message on a public forum is wrong,to me that seems an obvious no no but then I should'nt assume that everyone else thinks the same as I do

I am more than happy to debate any subject but i do feel somtimes important facts get lost amongst petty arguments.

It is to do with opinions! Other people do have them too! "

Your own opinion? Oh, I don't think so you cheeky bleeder

It is to do with opinions! Other people do have them too! "

Ok what is your opinion ?

Don't badmouth other members or "name and shame":

Don't post phone numbers

Do not use the forum to try and contact people who have BLOCKED you

Don't promote commercial services or websites:

^^^^^^^^^

thats wot we all see innit

Tayside

Ok what is your opinion ?"

Ok - It's kind of obvious that a PRIVATE message should remain PRIVATE between the 2 people i.e. those who sent it and those that received it and not be shared with the whole forum!

There ya go, my own wee opinion and common sense at the same time too.

Someone hand me popcorn and a please....,.

And this one "I'm pretty sure most of us on here would be upset if private mails we sent got posted on a public forum. That's why it's not ok (and usually results in a permanent forum ban)"

Tayside

"Someone hand me popcorn and a please....,. "

I can let you have some of mine - I bought a load at the Cash and Carry as I knew it would be needed at some point - again just common sense in here!

Tayside

" And this one "I'm pretty sure most of us on here would be upset if private mails we sent got posted on a public forum. That's why it's not ok (and usually results in a permanent forum ban)""

Is that for me to answer again?

Yes and thats also my opinion.

Tayside

"Yes and thats also my opinion. "

You have lost me now I'm afraid!

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

For those who haven't seen the other thread.

Nobody was "banned" - some posts were removed, but the poster who posted them is still posting.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

On the subject of this thread...

Why does the OP care how long before posting the rules are visible?

It doesn't matter whether it's the first thing you see when you make a profile or the last thing you see before you click "post", the issue is the seeing, not the timing!

Ok what is your opinion ?

Ok - It's kind of obvious that a PRIVATE message should remain PRIVATE between the 2 people i.e. those who sent it and those that received it and not be shared with the whole forum!

There ya go, my own wee opinion and common sense at the same time too. "

I totaly agree with you we share the same opinion

I am refering to the post from Admin and what it states and wasnt refering to anyone

Tayside

I need 2 paracetomols now!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I am refering to the post from Admin and what it states and wasnt refering to anyone"

The mods obviously used their discretion and didn't ban outright.....although I am sure if everyone voted for it mods could ban on every bannable offence straight away.

"I am refering to the post from Admin and what it states and wasnt refering to anyone

The mods obviously used their discretion and didn't ban outright.....although I am sure if everyone voted for it mods could ban on every bannable offence straight away."

Do you get points on ya licence for been banned? 3, 6, 9? lol

Actuallly that's an interesting point - is there a limit to the number of times someone can be banned before it's permanent? Just thinking of chat, where some of them get banned once a day

Oh there have been a few that have been permanently banned lol

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

We got a lifetime ban from chat...

... and were back in two days later!

Luckily it was a case of mistaken identity, but it was frustrating that we got banned very quickly, but it took a long time to get it sorted.

Forum rules are a bit like software updates and The Bible

No one really reads it,they just tick 'I agree' at the end

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

"

"

I'm not. You could post a thread about your favourite colour and someone would find something to moan about it on here

The 4 point forum rules are on screen now as I type this. The occasional reminder of them doesn't do anyone any harm.

As i and others have found out from this thread there is a rule that isnt there as you type. We all should be aware of this rule.

Never agree to to anything unless you know what you are agreing to

Forum Mod

"As i and others have found out from this thread there is a rule that isnt there as you type. We all should be aware of this rule. "

Why don't you ask in the site feedback forum why that rule is not available to see when you post,admin generally look at that forum and could answer you in there

"As i and others have found out from this thread there is a rule that isnt there as you type. We all should be aware of this rule.

Why don't you ask in the site feedback forum why that rule is not available to see when you post,admin generally look at that forum and could answer you in there"

I still have an unanswerd question on there from 2 days ago. Thanks

Some valid points made by the op. The chat rooms do have a page of rules

» Add a new message to this topic