FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Follow up messages...wtf!!

Follow up messages...wtf!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

About an hour ago I received a message off someone who clearly hadn't read my profile requesting I 'check him out and get back to him if he was what I was looking for' ...

As he wasn't, I didn't bother replying but when I just checked my messages again there was yet another one from the same person asking why I haven't replied yet!!

I'm clearly missing something but I don't know wtf it is

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If he hasn't shown you the courtesy of actually reading your profile then he doesn't deserve the courtesy of a response.

If he cannot figure out that no reply means no thanks and insists on writing again the block.

That's how we handle it. And we block a lot.

By *tillup4funMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

"About an hour ago I received a message off someone who clearly hadn't read my profile requesting I 'check him out and get back to him if he was what I was looking for' ...

As he wasn't, I didn't bother replying but when I just checked my messages again there was yet another one from the same person asking why I haven't replied yet!!

I'm clearly missing something but I don't know wtf it is "

It guys like this that get the rest of us a bad name.

Reply with

"Due to a high volume of messages today you have been placed in a queue, we hope to be able to reply to you as soon as our operate is available"

Then put a link to a your

Tube vid if elevator music

Lol just block him

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

"About an hour ago I received a message off someone who clearly hadn't read my profile requesting I 'check him out and get back to him if he was what I was looking for' ...

Obviously you're missing the fact he's God's gift to women and you'll be at the back of the queue if you're not quick...c'mon chop chop..

You don't have to reply back he might not be your type it's up to you who you talk to

By *ouble_The_DelightCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"Reply with

"Due to a high volume of messages today you have been placed in a queue, we hope to be able to reply to you as soon as our operate is available"

Tube vid if elevator music"

Love this

"Reply with

Haha I am sooo going to use this xx

It guys like this that get the rest of us a bad name."

no, they dont. its a guy like that who is giving himself a bad name...his message does not in anyway affect anyone else's message.

We get a few like that.

After much thought we concluded some people are a***holes.

Block em

Yea get this a lot, sometimes 4 or 5 messages unopened from same person but they continue to message??? Very thick skinned some people!!!

Yesterday I had the exact same cut and paste message from two different profiles within 5 minutes!

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

The ones that follow up with a series of question marks when their first message isn't answered promptly are my favourites.

The couldn't be bothered to read my profile. Then they couldn't be bothered to write a follow-up message to harass me

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

With the op not being back to the thread I'm guessing she's busy writing back to the guy..

Only if you do the same thing.

Guys like that are good for the normal folks thier rudeness can be a good little ice breaker/conversation point.

No it isn't,the only person that can get you a bad name is yourself.

"Very thick skinned some people!!! "

You are 80% right

I must admit the question mark thing gets on my nerves,that's more so on my phone than on here though.

"Reply with

Shamelessly gonna steal that idea!! xx

By *tillup4funMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

no, they dont. its a guy like that who is giving himself a bad name...his message does not in anyway affect anyone else's message."

You are correct it does not affect anyone else,s message just single guys in general.

"Reply with

I think your phone has caught the same virus mine has.

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

His actions have no bearing on my fortunes on Fab

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"Reply with

Haha I am sooo going to use this xx"

or you could just block them.

Its the ones that message back literally minutes after you've read their first with I guess you're not interested then type messages that amuse me. This has actually put me off someone I was initially interested in. I often read messages in the day and reply in the evening when at home and have more time.

But did he send a cock pic?

If so then the OP is probably driving to him now. We all know a cock pic has the the same effect on womens libido as a 95% off sale with BOGOF in [insert underwear/sex toy site of choice]

I had some random female send me a friend request, so when I sent her a message saying that we'd never spoken and I like to know the person who's sending the request, I get blocked.

Thought it was rather funny (and obviously someone just after pictures!)

no, they dont. its a guy like that who is giving himself a bad name...his message does not in anyway affect anyone else's message.

You are correct it does not affect anyone else,s message just single guys in general."

no, it does not affect single guys 'in general' that is utterly ridiculous..women arent completely stupid,most of us can distinguish one message from another... thats a complete cop out!

"I had some random female send me a friend request, so when I sent her a message saying that we'd never spoken and I like to know the person who's sending the request, I get blocked.

Thought it was rather funny (and obviously someone just after pictures!) "

Or possibly someone interested in seeing you first before sending a message ......

I'd never send a friend request without speaking to the person first. Would you be friends with someone you've never spoken to, have no idea if you have common interests, and purely base any basis of friendship on a few pictures ? Personally, I would want to know more about them, see if the cerebral connection is also there and not be so shallow as to pick or dismiss someone based on looks alone.

Yep, I'd block him. If he hasn't got the hint already, he's probably never going to!

By *anccplCouple  over a year ago

somewhere over the rainbow

Well I'm shorter than you, younger and not particularly VWE. But check me out anyway, even though you've kind of said you're not interested in someone like me.

I'll ask again later what you think lol

Some people are just stupid

By *haremoreMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Ms Fox. I am not suprised you are bombarded with messages. You look a very sexy lady. With regards to men keep messaging you for a reply it is not your fault. Clearly some people dont get the hint.If a message has not been replied to then there's "nowt down" to coin a northern phrase.Rejection is part of life,they just need to move on.

"Reply with

It's hugely annoying. Even after a polite reply ("you're not right for me"), I still get messages trying to persuade me otherwise.

Take the hint!!!

"I'd never send a friend request without speaking to the person first. Would you be friends with someone you've never spoken to, have no idea if you have common interests, and purely base any basis of friendship on a few pictures ? Personally, I would want to know more about them, see if the cerebral connection is also there and not be so shallow as to pick or dismiss someone based on looks alone."

Stop thinking of it ss a friend request and more a "private picture gallery exchange" as you get to see thier pics too.

Soooooooo, just to follow up........

"I'd never send a friend request without speaking to the person first. Would you be friends with someone you've never spoken to, have no idea if you have common interests, and purely base any basis of friendship on a few pictures ? Personally, I would want to know more about them, see if the cerebral connection is also there and not be so shallow as to pick or dismiss someone based on looks alone."

Hell yeah .... If they're fit we will fuck

"Reply with

Great idea

"Yea get this a lot, sometimes 4 or 5 messages unopened from same person but they continue to message??? Very thick skinned some people!!! "

or very stupid??

I replied with 'You weren't suitable and if you had read the profile you would have seen why and saved yourself 2 messages' and then I blocked him

"Soooooooo, just to follow up........"

"Yea get this a lot, sometimes 4 or 5 messages unopened from same person but they continue to message??? Very thick skinned some people!!!

or very stupid??

I replied with 'You weren't suitable and if you had read the profile you would have seen why and saved yourself 2 messages' and then I blocked him "

I bet he is still sat there pressing reply....

"Reply with

that is far more involvement than I would want to give to someone who obviously cannot read very well....

"Yea get this a lot, sometimes 4 or 5 messages unopened from same person but they continue to message??? Very thick skinned some people!!!

or very stupid??

I replied with 'You weren't suitable and if you had read the profile you would have seen why and saved yourself 2 messages' and then I blocked him

I bet he is still sat there pressing reply.... "

well he's not pressing my buttons

or very stupid??

I bet he is still sat there pressing reply....

well he's not pressing my buttons "

Haha

"Reply with

Shamelessly gonna steal that idea!! xx"

And me haha

By *isexmistressWoman  over a year ago

Prestwich

I find this one of the most insulting approaches a guy can make and block automatically as there is no point in even engaging with this type..

You are hot so expect loads like it tho..

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

Wow, an hour! Heaven knows what they think about us, we regularly leave messages for up to a fortnight before replying, since we like to discuss them, and draft replies together. I may be on here regularly reading the forums while waiting for the kettle to boil, but like everyone, there is so much more going on in our lives!

Mr ddc

Slightly off topic here, first post in the forums so please go easy....

I've just had a woman complain that its taken me 2 weeks to reply to her message (I've been busy but not naughty busy!), actually had to reply and say, I got back to you 2 weeks ago and you didnt reply, I messaged you again a week ago you didn't reply, now I've messaged you again and your complaining its taken me 2 weeks to reply!

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

"Slightly off topic here, first post in the forums so please go easy....

I've just had a woman complain that its taken me 2 weeks to reply to her message (I've been busy but not naughty busy!), actually had to reply and say, I got back to you 2 weeks ago and you didnt reply, I messaged you again a week ago you didn't reply, now I've messaged you again and your complaining its taken me 2 weeks to reply!"

Welcome. I 'd at "busy, but not 'naughty' busy"

By *exyfuncouple-40Couple  over a year ago

Bloxham

Just post the tumble emoji

"Slightly off topic here, first post in the forums so please go easy....

I've just had a woman complain that its taken me 2 weeks to reply to her message (I've been busy but not naughty busy!), actually had to reply and say, I got back to you 2 weeks ago and you didnt reply, I messaged you again a week ago you didn't reply, now I've messaged you again and your complaining its taken me 2 weeks to reply!"

I hope you blocked her? She obviously has some issues

By *ucklingsCouple  over a year ago

Rugby

"Reply with

Lol. I need to remember this reply.

Wow, an hour! Heaven knows what they think about us, we regularly leave messages for up to a fortnight before replying, since we like to discuss them, and draft replies together. I may be on here regularly reading the forums while waiting for the kettle to boil, but like everyone, there is so much more going on in our lives!

Mr ddc"

I usually don't bother replying to anyone who is not suitable and is so obviously needy but as I had time on my hands I thought why not cos I'm good like that

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple  over a year ago

markinch

We had 1 last week, they mailed, I had went to make a cup of tea, by time I came back they had put on their status that they had mailed us then sent a 2nd mail, all within 6 minutes

By *he horny kinkstersCouple  over a year ago

North West

[Removed by poster at 25/01/16 21:59:18]

North West

Well have you replied to him yet

North West

How about now?

North West

What about now?

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Wasn't me

North West

Well? Have you?

North West

Now?

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Now?"

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

"Reply with

Shamelessly gonna steal that idea!! xx"

I wrote out all the notes to chorus of The Girl From Ipanema once in capital letters. That would work as a muzak reply. I may try that one.

Just beggers belief sometimes. We try and reply to most but tbh if it is clear that NO effort to read our profile has been made its immediate block, happens a fair bit lol.

Best one so far this week was the Hi then the Whats wrong? then the Ive just read your profile and even though Im not your type I can turn you then the didnt fancy you anyway ya one legged expletive.

We cant remember a time we laughed quite so much at someone so daft. We actually waited to see of there was gonna be more before blocking just for the entertainment

"I must admit the question mark thing gets on my nerves,that's more so on my phone than on here though."

I think that may just be that if you click some of the smileys on here they come out as question marks.

"Just beggers belief sometimes. We try and reply to most but tbh if it is clear that NO effort to read our profile has been made its immediate block, happens a fair bit lol.

Best one so far this week was the Hi then the Whats wrong? then the Ive just read your profile and even though Im not your type I can turn you then the didnt fancy you anyway ya one legged expletive.

We cant remember a time we laughed quite so much at someone so daft. We actually waited to see of there was gonna be more before blocking just for the entertainment "

Can we petiton for a weekly Tony Hart gallery of fucking stupid messages (obviously with details obscured) it could be a winner

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

"I'd never send a friend request without speaking to the person first. Would you be friends with someone you've never spoken to, have no idea if you have common interests, and purely base any basis of friendship on a few pictures ? Personally, I would want to know more about them, see if the cerebral connection is also there and not be so shallow as to pick or dismiss someone based on looks alone.

Stop thinking of it ss a friend request and more a "private picture gallery exchange" as you get to see thier pics too.

"

Why? Its a friend request sent using the friend request tab

"Just beggers belief sometimes. We try and reply to most but tbh if it is clear that NO effort to read our profile has been made its immediate block, happens a fair bit lol.

We cant remember a time we laughed quite so much at someone so daft. We actually waited to see of there was gonna be more before blocking just for the entertainment

Can we petiton for a weekly Tony Hart gallery of fucking stupid messages (obviously with details obscured) it could be a winner "

Sounds like it could be epic lol

By *inky.DiWoman  over a year ago

Leicestershire

haha I,ve also had the verysame thing tonight.... 4 messages in an hr...

1st..."Hi How are you" ( No PIc) 2nd..."Im free now if your interested" (No Pic) 3rd "Call me if you wanna meet"

4th "Please look at my profile and get back to me"

Drives me insane as my status at present says no more messages please hahaha

Leicestershire

"haha I,ve also had the verysame thing tonight.... 4 messages in an hr...

1st..."Hi How are you" ( No PIc) 2nd..."Im free now if your interested" (No Pic) 3rd "Call me if you wanna meet"

Drives me insane as my status at present says no more messages please hahaha "

And another one! says he can be here in 46 mins!!! WTF....

Burbage

And another one! says he can be here in 46 mins!!! WTF.... "

Why not just block him

Leicestershire

Why not just block him"

I just did, save wasting his time any further

"I'd never send a friend request without speaking to the person first. Would you be friends with someone you've never spoken to, have no idea if you have common interests, and purely base any basis of friendship on a few pictures ? Personally, I would want to know more about them, see if the cerebral connection is also there and not be so shallow as to pick or dismiss someone based on looks alone.

Why? Its a friend request sent using the friend request tab"

Cause you dont make friends by clicking a button.

Its just the permissions to private pics and puts you on updates list

It could as easily be called the "following" list or " interested" or anything. It doesnt require friendship

Can we petiton for a weekly Tony Hart gallery of fucking stupid messages (obviously with details obscured) it could be a winner

Sounds like it could be epic lol"

Now I cant get the music for it out of my head!!!

And another one! says he can be here in 46 mins!!! WTF.... "

If you delete men/ women etc off your 'looking for' list it takes you off the searches and massively reduces mail.

Leicestershire

If you delete men/ women etc off your 'looking for' list it takes you off the searches and massively reduces mail. "

Ah right cool, thanks for the tip... although I do want to come up in searches to a degree though...I use message filters but could also do that

I've had 5 msgs of the same guy tonight!!!!

I told him I wasn't interested as he's attached and I'm not currently meeting but then came the 'i can give you what you want, shall I come

Over now?'

Then 'i can be with you in 30 mins sucking your clit like no other man '

boring boring boring I'm not sure weather he needed a trip to some savers or was just a think solid

By *arkaCouple  over a year ago

Chester

"Its the ones that message back literally minutes after you've read their first with I guess you're not interested then type messages that amuse me. This has actually put me off someone I was initially interested in. I often read messages in the day and reply in the evening when at home and have more time. "

This!! That has put us off a couple of guys who at first message sounded promising!!

I'm normally po light and reply to every one. However being offered an Asian in full turban, as clearly says on my profile asians not my preference. I could not even be bothered to reply to this one. Blocked. And before any one says, I'm Bi, very bi but dont do just FF meets. Not racists preference.

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple  over a year ago

markinch

"I'm normally po light and reply to every one. However being offered an Asian in full turban, as clearly says on my profile asians not my preference. I could not even be bothered to reply to this one. Blocked. And before any one says, I'm Bi, very bi but dont do just FF meets. Not racists preference. "

Your not racist, that's preference

By *hunkyThighsMan  over a year ago

Gloucester

I was annoyed today, cos I sent a lady a message which I got a reply saying basically "thanks but no thanks" which is great, I prefer this then no reply so I replied saying, "thanks for letting me.know, good luck with your search" and I got back a,"I don't need luck on fab" Jesus I was only being polite.

ALL i wanted is for you to say you LOVE ME!! lol

Leicestershire

"I was annoyed today, cos I sent a lady a message which I got a reply saying basically "thanks but no thanks" which is great, I prefer this then no reply so I replied saying, "thanks for letting me.know, good luck with your search" and I got back a,"I don't need luck on fab" Jesus I was only being polite."

I guess you can take it as you can't win either way, sadly. I would never be so rude! And people I say a polite no thank you to often say thanks for taking the time to reply... and thats it end of...

I messaged a couple a few days ago asking them to view my profile and if interested to let me know.

Surprisingly I too got the "Have you read our profile" reply back.

I was a little stunned by this as I always read profiles and only message women or couples who I think I might be of interest to.

I read it again just in case I made a lack of judgement but it turned out I didn't, so I replied back again. I never got another reply but I can only put it down to their poorly written profile.

If I am after something specific, I will state that and make it absolutely clear that I will not deviate from what I want.

Seems they just put a list of likes. The way I see it, liking something is a nice to have, a preference even but will deviate from a like.

Wanting something without compromise is a better way of dealing with specific criteria.

I was tempted in replying something shitty back but felt it unecessary and thought better of it

maybe he should read his own messages -

"I've had 5 msgs of the same guy tonight!!!!

I told him I wasn't interested as he's attached and I'm not currently meeting but then came the 'i can give you what you want, shall I come

Over now?'

Then 'i can be with you in 30 mins sucking your clit like no other man '

boring boring boring I'm not sure weather he needed a trip to some savers or was just a think solid

"

Sucking your clit like no other man?

Does it make you wonder 'How the fuck are YOU doing it?'

I had a wink a couple of days ago off a couple which I ignored, then yesterday I received a message from them saying ' we winked but you didn't respond so we thought we would message instead ( )..

anyway I responded in my usual polite way that they lived too far thinking that would be the end of it...

I got a reply this morning saying they travel near me quite often (don't know how they know this as my exact location is not on my profile) so I had to give a more realistic answer...sorry not my type!!

why oh why not just send a message first or take the hint re the wink!!

"I had a wink a couple of days ago off a couple which I ignored, then yesterday I received a message from them saying ' we winked but you didn't respond so we thought we would message instead ( )..

anyway I responded in my usual polite way that they lived too far thinking that would be the end of it...

I got a reply this morning saying they travel near me quite often (don't know how they know this as my exact location is not on my profile) so I had to give a more realistic answer...sorry not my type!!

why oh why not just send a message first or take the hint re the wink!! "

do you ever find that people are ok but like you say only too far away for example - then after being so persistant they become a not your type -

"I had a wink a couple of days ago off a couple which I ignored, then yesterday I received a message from them saying ' we winked but you didn't respond so we thought we would message instead ( )..

why oh why not just send a message first or take the hint re the wink!!

do you ever find that people are ok but like you say only too far away for example - then after being so persistant they become a not your type - "

to be honest, no...

but I remembered this particular couple from when I was on here a few years ago...they were what I would class as timewasters...so no amount of winks or messages would tempt me..

I have now blocked them

its me and the sooner you realise it the better off you will be x

Burbage

Why? Its a friend request sent using the friend request tab

Cause you dont make friends by clicking a button.

Its just the permissions to private pics and puts you on updates list

It could as easily be called the "following" list or " interested" or anything. It doesnt require friendship"

And clicking hotlist puts you on update lists too so no need to send friend requests

By *verReadyGirthMan  over a year ago

city centre

"

Completely agree

I'm clearly missing something but I don't know wtf it is its me and the sooner you realise it the better off you will be x "

I'm clearly missing something but I don't know wtf it is its me and the sooner you realise it the better off you will be x

"

hey and get back to me soon I have a sell by date ya know x

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"

It's guys like that make us stand out.

» Add a new message to this topic