FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > condom and oral

condom and oral

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ogga OP   Man  over a year ago

Suffolk

As the female half of a couple i find it difficult to understand how a man can give me oral and then insist on a condom for full sex. I understand the pregnancy angle for some women but those of us that are past that stage in our life or have full contraceptive protection,maybe prefer bareback. Can someone out there enlighten me on the reason as to why men insist on this. The disease angle would be the same with oral as it is with penetrative sex. or have i just got it totally wrong.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Some people don't risk bareback plain and simple if you wanna meet guys that do bareback state it. I use protection always but do not for oral sex we are all differant

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"As the female half of a couple i find it difficult to understand how a man can give me oral and then insist on a condom for full sex. I understand the pregnancy angle for some women but those of us that are past that stage in our life or have full contraceptive protection,maybe prefer bareback. Can someone out there enlighten me on the reason as to why men insist on this. The disease angle would be the same with oral as it is with penetrative sex. or have i just got it totally wrong."

You have it wrong... there is a difference in risk factors.

Suffolk

still don't understand how oral can be safer than bareback, as surley bodily fluids are exchanged in both cases.

Polo is right unprotected sex you'll catch lots more than oral least the man had a brain in his head to know that. But if you want bareback state it or this will keep coming up I'd hate to meet someone on a meet to be presented with some guy wanting bareback. I'd be off like a shot.

Suffolk

so tell me the risk factors.

"so tell me the risk factors."

Your and adult and you don't know? Jeez I could expect that from a child but not an adult. Google Std and stick in a pin in it there are lots of diseases you can catch the worse being AIDS you really need to do your homework if you don't know the risks then don't have sex

Forum Mod

Copy and paste this and have a read

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/STIs/Pages/Sexualactivitiesandrisk.aspx

Its from an NHS site

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

more risk of friction tears and infected blood/virus spreading.

"still don't understand how oral can be safer than bareback, as surley bodily fluids are exchanged in both cases."

Neither are safe if your unsure don't do either.

"Copy and paste this and have a read

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/STIs/Pages/Sexualactivitiesandrisk.aspx

Its from an NHS site "

Sorry but I'm suprised a women of 50 with several meets need to ask this question it beggers belief

"As the female half of a couple i find it difficult to understand how a man can give me oral and then insist on a condom for full sex. I understand the pregnancy angle for some women but those of us that are past that stage in our life or have full contraceptive protection,maybe prefer bareback. Can someone out there enlighten me on the reason as to why men insist on this. The disease angle would be the same with oral as it is with penetrative sex. or have i just got it totally wrong."

You've just got it totally wrong

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"so tell me the risk factors.

Your and adult and you don't know? Jeez I could expect that from a child but not an adult. Google Std and stick in a pin in it there are lots of diseases you can catch the worse being AIDS you really need to do your homework if you don't know the risks then don't have sex"

NEVER thought i'd be the voice of reason on here - but she only asked a question...

And she got answers too and yes a lecture from me but if your gonna swing you need to know the risks from the set off

"still don't understand how oral can be safer than bareback, as surley bodily fluids are exchanged in both cases."

It is pretty much the same risk factors.. but many fail to see that.

KAtie x

MEAnt to add that I do engage in safesex but choose to risk it with oral.

Katie x

"so tell me the risk factors."

I take it you have google.

Try any of the sexual health sites or nhs direct

Suffolk

thanks sensualfire it was only a question and i have looked up on std's and DO understand them but there are some of you guys AND TV/TS that also have it wrong.

Well she must have the Internet if she can get on here somudy be able to get google

"thanks sensualfire it was only a question and i have looked up on std's and DO understand them but there are some of you guys AND TV/TS that also have it wrong."

I'm a tv not at ts and no I didn't have it wrong if you knew the risks why ask?

Suffolk

thanks Katie, that was the point i am trying to get at, surely the risk factors are the same but some choose to ignore them.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

not sure why I bothered answering

off to google to see if my answer was wrong

Suffolk

i asked because there are many out there who still think oral is safe and its not.

stds caught orally can only be caught if the person giving the oral had a cut in thier mouth. thus it is far less likely for you to have one in the first place. if i think i have a cut in my mouth (which is very rare) buy accidently biting my cheek or something i will not meet a anyone as i dont fancy whipping out a peice of clingfilm to go down on a woman

hence why alot of people are ok with oral without protection but condoms are a must for full sex

"thanks Katie, that was the point i am trying to get at, surely the risk factors are the same but some choose to ignore them."

Me I do safe sex but not safe oral sex why because I'll probably catch more via sex then oral. Touch wood in 10 years I've caught nothing and unsafe anal sex is a no no

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I disagree......... many know that no sexual act that involves some form of penetration is all safe.. forum search bareback threads and it is covered many many times.

the risks are rdeuced but not vanished.

Suffolk

View, i fully understand your answer and agree with you, but my question was as a female pracicing oral and vaginal sex not anal.

Celibacy is the only way you won't catch anything and bugger that

"i asked because there are many out there who still think oral is safe and its not."

PEOple forgot things like gum issue's, or even getting carried away with oral, I wouldn't bite but some do.

I think really its a personal choices...

Katie

"thanks Katie, that was the point i am trying to get at, surely the risk factors are the same but some choose to ignore them."

the risk factors are not the same, oral sex has a dramatically reduced risk, but not completely risk free

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"View, i fully understand your answer and agree with you, but my question was as a female pracicing oral and vaginal sex not anal."

my answer wasn't exclusively anal.

oral, vagainal and anal...

Mine was but she's clearing ignoring this Tv/TS lol

"thanks sensualfire it was only a question and i have looked up on std's and DO understand them but there are some of you guys AND TV/TS that also have it wrong.

I'm a tv not at ts and no I didn't have it wrong if you knew the risks why ask? "

lighten up for christsake,she only asked a question,some of the replys on this forum are so bitchy and unhelpfull.

And in 2010, serious worries began to emerge about whether oral sex can give people human papilloma virus (HPV) in the throat area, and whether this could lead to cancer.

In this article, we look at the various risks.

What is oral sex?

First, let’s just clarify what we mean by ‘oral sex'. There are several main types.

Cunnilingus (sometimes referred to as ‘cunnilinctus’) is oral stimulation of a woman’s vagina and/or vulva – and especially her clitoris – by her partner’s lips and tongue (one recent study reports that in the UK about 70 per cent of people have done this).

Fellatio is stimulation of a man’s penis by his partners mouth – usually by licking or sucking. It is often wrongly referred to as ‘a blow job' in fact, it is highly dangerous to ‘blow’ during this manoeuvre (or during cunnilingus). Research indicates that just under 70 per cent of British people have tried fellatio.

‘Nippling’ is sucking or licking your partner’s nipples. It carries almost no risk of any infection.

‘Shrimping’ is a practice involving sucking your partner’s toes; it seems to be popular among those who find feet sexually attractive. Again, there is almost no risk of sex infection. But you could pick up a skin fungus, such as the one that causes athlete's foot.

Oro-anal sex – often referred to as ‘rimming’ – is stimulation of the partner’s anus with tongue or lips. Clinical experience suggests that it is relatively uncommon in heterosexuals. As the anus isn’t a very clean area of the body, there is no doubt that rimming will lead to some transfer of germs to the mouth.

HIV infection risk

Because of growing concerns about the possibility of HIV transmission through the widespread practice of oral sex, the British Government’s Department of Health set up an expert group to report back on the matter. In broad summary, their main conclusions were:

HIV can be transmitted by oral sex, though this does not occur frequently

both fellatio and cunnilingus have been known to pass it on

both ‘receiving’ and ‘giving’ fellatio have been incriminated

ulcers in the mouth could increase the risk

oral sex is more risky than non-penetrative sex (eg mutual masturbation, kissing, etc)

during fellatio, if the man avoids ejaculation, it probably reduces the risk somewhat

in the case of cunnilingus, there may be an increased risk of transmission if the woman is menstruating

there's no evidence that mouthwashes could reduce the risk of infection

using condoms or ‘dental dams’ during oral sex could reduce the chance of infection, but not eliminate it.

You can see from the above that there is always some risk of transmission of HIV during oral sex, whatever precautions you take. However, you cannot get infected if your partner does not have the virus!

What other germs could you pick up during oral sex?

As any doctor at a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic can tell you, it is possible to acquire several forms of sexually transmitted diseases (STD) through oral sex – if the other person if infected.

Gonorrhoea

Gonorrhoea, a common STD, can be transmitted to the throat during oral sex, especially fellatio. Because of this fact, GUM clinics often take ‘throat swabs’ these days. In the throat, the germ usually causes inflammation, formation of pus and sometimes soreness.

Syphilis

The lesions of syphilis usually appear on the genitals or the anus – and very rarely on the nipple. But they do occasionally appear on the lips, as a result of oral sex.

However, please bear in mind that in the UK syphilis has been a rarity for many years. Nevertheless, there have been one or two small outbreaks among gay males in the early 2000s, notably in Bristol and Brighton. Currently there are a little over 3,000 cases of syphilis a year in the UK.

Chlamydia

Chlamydia trachomatis – this little genital bug has become almost epidemic among sexually active young people during the early years of the 21st century.

It's estimated that in some parts of the UK that at least 10 per cent of younger adults have it.

It is sometimes found in swabs taken from the throat, and it is thought that it can be transmitted by oral sex, particularly fellatio.

Please note that if it gets established in or near the mouth or nose, it could cause various infections, particularly of the eye. In 2010, doctors warned that oral sex could cause a one-sided conjunctivitis, which does not clear up on routine treatment with eye drops.

Bacterial infections transferred by oro-anal sex

As we’ve indicated above, contact between the mouth and the anus will probably result in the transfer of ‘bottom germs’ – though these will not necessarily cause disease.

Bowel organisms

There is evidence that the bowel organisms Salmonella, Shigella and Campylobacter can all be transmitted by oro-anal contact. These can all cause abdominal pain and diarrhoea. Infections with Salmonella and Shigella can occasionally be very serious.

Hepatitis A

Hepatitis A is a common viral infection that can cause jaundice and abdominal pain. It is not usually life-threatening, although sufferers can feel very ill.

The virus is often found in faeces in high concentrations and will almost inevitably be present on the apparently clean anal skin of infected individuals. It can be transmitted by oro-anal contact.

Several epidemic outbreaks have been reported among gay men, but heterosexual couples practising oro-anal contact are just as likely to be at risk.

Hepatitis B

Hepatitis B is a viral infection. It is common in hot countries and around the Mediterranean. It used to be rare in the UK, but rates are rising. It is particularly common among people who have had a previous sexually transmitted disease, and among drug users. It can cause a very serious, potentially fatal, liver disease and chronic liver damage. It is most commonly transmitted by inoculation of infected blood, by sharing needles for injection, needlestick injuries and the medical use of infected blood products. Virus particles are found in semen, stool and saliva, as well as blood. There is clear evidence that it can be transmitted through vaginal and anal intercourse, but it is unproven whether it can be transmitted through oral sex. Certainly, there is a theoretical risk of transmission.

Hepatitis C

Hepatitis C is a viral infection transmitted in a similar way to hepatitis B and often affects drug users. Some people with hepatitis C infection were infected with blood products, such as transfusions, prior to adequate screening procedures in the 1980s. There is limited evidence that hepatitis C may be transmissible through receptive oro-genital contact.

Worms

Threadworms, and probably other worms, can be transmitted by oro-anal contact or by fellatio after anal intercourse.

What about herpes?

Herpes simplex virus (HSV) infection is the commonest cause of genital ulceration. There are two types of the virus. Type 1 affects mainly the lip – causing cold sores. Type 2 causes blisters on the genitals.

In the past, it was thought that genital herpes was caused almost exclusively by Type 2, but in recent years it has become clear that many herpes ulcers on the penis or vulva/vagina are actually caused by the Type 1 virus.

Genital herpes is characterised by recurrent bouts of vesicles (small blisters), either on the penis or vulva, or other parts of the female genital tract. These rapidly break down to form small, painful ulcers. The first episode is usually associated with an acute feverish illness, which may be quite severe. It frequently recurs, although recurrent bouts are usually associated with a milder illness.

HSV can also cause pharyngitis, an inflammation of the throat with ulcer formation. HSV is highly infectious and usually sexually transmitted. It is certainly transmitted by penetrative intercourse but there are several reports of transmission through oral sex. Virus particles are shed profusely from ulcers, either oral (including cold sores) or genital, and infection is far more likely when these are present. Transmission is less likely, but not impossible, in the absence of ulcers.

If you have a cold sore on your lip, do not give anyone oral sex – or even kiss them.

What about HPV and the risk of cancer?

In late 2010, I was alarmed when an ENT surgeon showed me the larynx (voicebox) of a man who had had a lot of oral sex partners. The patient was hoarse, and he found it difficult to speak. The area round his vocal cords was virtually 'swamped' by a network of fine, white threads. These, it transpired, were caused by the HPV virus. Fortunately, he did recover.

HPV is carried by many people. There are about 120 different strains of it. Some of them can cause warts, including genital warts. Others can cause cancer – notably cervical cancer.

In the early years of the 21st century, a small number of doctors began to warn that oral sex might perhaps pass on HPV – and this could lead to cancer of the throat and mouth area.

A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine suggested that people who had had more that five 'oral partners' had a ninefold increase in risk of cancer of the tonsils or tongue.

By 2010, it was clear that the incidence of squamous cell cancers of the mouth and throat was rising in Europe and America, though not in all countries of the world. According to the American Association for Cancer Research, more than 50 per cent of all oral cancers are now HPV-related. And there's no question that oral sex has become more common in recent decades.

So far, no one has actually proved that fellatio or cunnilingus could give you mouth or throat cancer. However, in the light of current evidence, it's clear that both men and women should now be trying to follow a policy of 'risk reduction' where oral sex is concerned.

Risk reduction

Please note that we are discussing 'risk reduction' and not 'total risk prevention'.

Avoiding oral sex altogether is the only way of preventing infection by the oral route, but because it's an important and enjoyable part of most couples' sexual repertoire, this advice is impractical.

Overall, oral sex seems to carry a lower risk of transmitting infections than penetrative vaginal or anal intercourse.

Being called a TS/TV is common sense same as knowing about STDs

Good bedtime Reading there. Enjoy!

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Polo... please dont skim over the subject, a little depth would be appreciated

xxxxx

"

Polo... please dont skim over the subject, a little depth would be appreciated

xxxxx"

She puts us to shame she do

"stds caught orally can only be caught if the person giving the oral had a cut in thier mouth. thus it is far less likely for you to have one in the first place. if i think i have a cut in my mouth (which is very rare) buy accidently biting my cheek or something i will not meet a anyone as i dont fancy whipping out a peice of clingfilm to go down on a woman

hence why alot of people are ok with oral without protection but condoms are a must for full sex

"

Not just cuts in your mouth...

cleaning your teeth just before

using some mouthwashes - the alcohol based ones retract the gums

mouth ulcers

hot baked bean burn on the roof of your mouth from a toastie

eating crisps

I could go on.

[Removed by poster at 14/02/11 20:16:38]

"

.... a little depth would be appreciated

xxxxx"

I said the same to my last meet.

Suffolk

anyone can cut and paste from google

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"

.... a little depth would be appreciated

xxxxx

I said the same to my last meet."

next time dont choose someone with megacockGiganticmemberKingcock

may help xx

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

behind the name....... a tiddler

"stds caught orally can only be caught if the person giving the oral had a cut in thier mouth. thus it is far less likely for you to have one in the first place. if i think i have a cut in my mouth (which is very rare) buy accidently biting my cheek or something i will not meet a anyone as i dont fancy whipping out a peice of clingfilm to go down on a woman

Not just cuts in your mouth...

cleaning your teeth just before

using some mouthwashes - the alcohol based ones retract the gums

mouth ulcers

hot baked bean burn on the roof of your mouth from a toastie

eating crisps

I could go on."

yellow teeth, bad breath + yoghurt and ice-cream diet is in order.

"anyone can cut and paste from google"

Anyone can search on google

Suffolk

ok my question has got out of control '' bored now'' just hope you all remember this debate when next you are giving OR taking Oral.lol

Oh cheers - you did ask me to explain....

Do it yourself next time you have a bout of ignorance.

all sex involves risks, and if you dont know the sexual health or history of the person yu are shagging, then dont do it!! "simples"

How bloody rude you asked a question we answered you got bored in future save us the bother and don't ask

Forum Mod

"ok my question has got out of control '' bored now'' just hope you all remember this debate when next you are giving OR taking Oral.lol"

There was no debate

You asked for info,you got it,you don't appreciate it and so now you're off

Maybe you should ask the men themselves why they don't want to put their cocks in your fanny without a condom

"ok my question has got out of control '' bored now'' just hope you all remember this debate when next you are giving OR taking Oral.lol"

Stroppy madam aren't you...

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

and another bites the dust...

anyone want any help/advice with felching

Honeypot took the words out of my mouth on that one

"and another bites the dust...

anyone want any help/advice with felching

"

Me me me me me me and me

"ok my question has got out of control '' bored now'' just hope you all remember this debate when next you are giving OR taking Oral.lol

Stroppy madam aren't you..."

Strop on or strap on... What carries the most risks?

Forum Mod

"ok my question has got out of control '' bored now'' just hope you all remember this debate when next you are giving OR taking Oral.lol

Stroppy madam aren't you...

Strop on or strap on... What carries the most risks? "

I hav'nt got to google again have I?

Strap on especially after you see what I've been buggering lol

Totally unnecessary comment. Polo was only answering a question in a constructive manner as there appeared to be some debate.

Suffolk

it was a serious question,but now the replys are getting very silly and too personal to carry on with

Shes gone the ignorance of it if she posts again I will avoid at all levels

"it was a serious question,but now the replys are getting very silly and too personal to carry on with "

Then thank everyone instead of being nasty about instead of saying you are bored. I do wonder why we bother

"Strap on especially after you see what I've been buggering lol"

I thought strop on as that can lead to instant death in some cases, but this is a risk assessment process. I know strap ons can cause pleasure... but what about the disease/pain aspect? Any chance of instant death?

I love FAB... but really think it should come with google as a free 'add on' (are 'add ons' risky?).

"it was a serious question,but now the replys are getting very silly and too personal to carry on with "

And you got a serious answer... but what did you do when you got a serious answer?... oh yeah... got bored.

"it was a serious question,but now the replys are getting very silly and too personal to carry on with

And you got a serious answer... but what did you do when you got a serious answer?... oh yeah... got bored."

Be grateful I got blocked by her for stating the differance of a TV/TS PMSL

No teaching some folks she probably never even read what you put up kindly

Where has _iew gone with his fencing tips... I need to replace the one in the back garden.

He's massaging my ego it got dented I'll send him back

Sorry, but I thought you were asking a question. You got varied answers and got a very detailed answer from Polo... for you to reply back "anyone can copy and paste from google".

Why didn't you use google in the first place instead of wasting other peoples time?

Risk and assessment time again... ask Google.. get answer without ridicule. Ask question on Fab forum... get answer and ridicule replies and get a bit back yourself and take the huff.

Tip: Use google.

By *iteskinMan  over a year ago

Cardiff/Newport/Bristol/M4

read below

i have said it before and i will say it again the only way to be safe is to get tested REGULARLY nothing else will keep you safe.

have fun and get tested!!

Many sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) cause symptoms in or around the mouth, including warts, blisters, fungal growths and other effects. There is no way to know how an individual will experience an STD and which symptoms she will develop; some people do not experience any symptoms of sexually transmitted infections. People who believe they have been exposed to an STD should be tested to confirm diagnosis and to receive appropriate treatment.

Chlamydia and Gonorrhea

Oral infections of both chlamydia and gonorrhea can lead to sore throat. However, most oral infections of gonorrhea cause no symptoms, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and chlamydia is also often asymptomatic.

Herpes

Both cold sores, caused by herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1), and genital herpes, caused by herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2), can cause symptoms in the mouth. However, oral involvement of herpes is more commonly caused by HSV-1, and these sores typically appear on the lips or surrounding facial area, not within the mouth itself. When they do occur within the mouth, herpes blisters appear on the gums and on the hard palate, according to the Mayo Clinic. Itching, burning or tingling is felt in the area affected by an outbreak, followed by a red rash and blisters. These blisters contain fluid that forms a crust when the blisters breaks open, all of which occurs between seven and 10 days after the development of symptoms.

Syphilis

Syphilis causes one sore (called the chancre) near where the infection entered the body during its first stage, which can include the mouth. Oral sores or sores in the throat can also develop in following stages; these sores may not be obvious, but can still lead to infection in others, accordind to the CDC.

HIV Disease

Advanced HIV disease can cause a number of symptoms in the mouth. These include: fungal infections that cause lesions or ulcerations, including candidiasis, histoplasmosis and Cryptococcus neoformans; blisters from herpes simplex viruses, which are opportunistic in HIV, as well as other herpetic conditions like shingles and oral hairy leukoplakia (white masses caused by the herpesvirus Epstein-Barr); periodontal disease, which can lead to the loss of both hard and soft tissues of the mouth; and cancers, including Kaposi's sarcoma (which causes dark oral lesions) and lymphoma, which can lead to ulcers.

Shes been told this already by polo

"Shes been told this already by polo "

Don't worry, again they will be told that anyone can copy and paste from google. (any chance of the free 'add on' yet?).

xx

Mine was bigger

Size IS important

By *ohjaneCouple  over a year ago

south staffs

Thank you Polo.

I wish we could disseminate Polo's little dissertation to all the new people who join Fab. As most posters on this thread agree, it is essential to know the risks of what you are going to get involved in. ( Here I am not saying that "vanilla" sex and dating/clubbing is in any way safer than swinging )

I find it frightening that so many men, when asked the question, say " I have never been swinging, have only been in long term relationships, I have no need of a check-up " after which they flounce off into the night . . . .

Jane x

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

http://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules

Don't be personal

Personal attacks against other site users aren't allowed, even if you don't name them. If you've got a problem with someone on the site, block them. If you've got a problem with what someone writes on the forum just skip over their messages or report to admin if you think they need to take action.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

As this thread has now got out of hand, I am closing it.

Please check out the forum rules above if it applies to you.