FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > More genuine people before internet

More genuine people before internet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ncutgem OP   Man  over a year ago

Bath ish

I have been swinging a long time

Ok it took ages to respond by the quaint thing called a paper letter but it used to be reliable, predictable and far more genuine than the internet method. What do all the people (single males) think they are doing here and do they realise that the are slowly killing fab

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustOneNightCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Oh. My. God.

I would LOVE to have lived in a world where I received random letters in the post that just said "u ok?" or "wht u up 2?"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can you see them down the post office, photocopying their letters with different names at the top. lolololol And requesting 200 stamps!

By *ustOneNightCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"Can you see them down the post office, photocopying their letters with different names at the top. lolololol And requesting 200 stamps!"

LMFAO

I am going to type something controversial....

Without all the single men on here (many of whom pay for site membership) this site would not have half as many couples or single females.....

Due to the vast number of single males, spread throughout the country, couples and single females can "cherry pic" those they want to meet from a vast choice, their preferences can be more defined and they can be more selective.

The old days of booklet sized contact magazines are dead (thank the gods), fraught with danger and numerous horror stories...

That's my opinion.

By *rightonfranceMan  over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

"I am going to type something controversial....

Without all the single men on here (many of whom pay for site membership) this site would not have half as many couples or single females.....

Due to the vast number of single males, spread throughout the country, couples and single females can "cherry pic" those they want to meet from a vast choice, their preferences can be more defined and they can be more selective.

The old days of booklet sized contact magazines are dead (thank the gods), fraught with danger and numerous horror stories...

That's my opinion. "

Sounds like they could have been interesting times.. You obviously speak witha voice of authority and expereince

"I am going to type something controversial....

That's my opinion. "

That would be all well and good if women received messages from single males with even half a chance.

Most are no pics, completely out of age range, totally ignoring stated preferences, from different league looks-wise, the list goes on.

Actual quality messages to women from quality men are very few and far between from what I've seen.

So the larger number doesn't improve things at all other than financially for the site. Women just have a lot more chaff before they get to the wheat.

Just from what I've seen my wife receive on her profile, but I'm sure it's the same story for most women.

"

Sounds like they could have been interesting times.. You obviously speak witha voice of authority and expereince"

Not sure about that but I do remember the contact magazine days. Most profiles had no pictures, some magazines had telephone numbers...(direct contact, home phones only folks!) , where pictures existed they were usually black and white, grainy Polaroids, you had to pay to send a message to a central mailbox which was then mailed on to the recipient....

No. I would rather put up with the competition of a million single males than go back to that...

I don't think single males are killing fab, because I don't think fab is dying.

So in this utopian world (where you remain on the site and lots of the other single guys are removed) what is your 'test' to decide who is worthy of being here and who isn't?

I'm a great believer in that you make your own success in this scene and nobody else can influence how well you do.

If you're genuine and able to stand out over and above all these other chancers you'll do fine surely?

Fab has filters. You can block ALL single men from contacting you. People that have issues with unwanted messages should do that. No more problems....

...oh but then if you do that, the onus is on you to find someone, rather than sitting there watching your inbox fill up and complaining about it... and that's the kicker... the people that have an issue with "hundreds" of unwanted messages, don't seem to want to use the filters and do the searching or message first..

Not so good for a meet today

"Not so good for a meet today "

Imagine organising a gang bang..the cost of stamps alone!!

[Removed by poster at 28/04/16 10:37:39]

By *ldestswingerintownMan  over a year ago

Lancaster

God I remember the contact mag days. Hand-writing lots of letters, buying stamps, doing stamped self-addressed envelopes to put in with the letter so that I'd get a reply, etc. It was really tedious. A large proportion of the women advertising actually turned out to be "working girls" who just sent details of their fees. However, having said all that I did actually meet people - women and couples - and had some good times. There were a lot fewer swingers in those days, of course. I remember when this was all fields....

"Oh. My. God.

I would LOVE to have lived in a world where I received random letters in the post that just said "u ok?" or "wht u up 2?""

"Can you see them down the post office, photocopying their letters with different names at the top. lolololol And requesting 200 stamps!"

"Not so good for a meet today

Imagine organising a gang bang..the cost of stamps alone!!"

That cheered me up a bit!

". What do all the people (single males) think they are doing here and do they realise that the are slowly killing fab"

Single male complaing that single males are killing fab

Well ahead on my forum bingo sheet today

Now this may be a little controversial but I'm going to say it anyway;

In my honest opinion,

Carpet gripper is dangerous and should be banned.

There you go. It's out there. I make no apologies. I'm entitled to my opinion.

"So in this utopian world (where you remain on the site and lots of the other single guys are removed) what is your 'test' to decide who is worthy of being here and who isn't?

I'm a great believer in that you make your own success in this scene and nobody else can influence how well you do.

If you're genuine and able to stand out over and above all these other chancers you'll do fine surely? "

Well said

i ignore most single men anyway, they're not killing the site off but if there was only crap single men on here for us to choose from then the site would be killed.

just had a great, but presemptuous, message off someone i wouldn't find attractive. so even if guys make some effort and are genuine all it takes is for them to presume i will fuck them for me to be pissed off already.

» Add a new message to this topic