FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > PROFILES

PROFILES

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How much store do you set by profiles.

Would a profile put you off meeting someone and if so what sort of things put you off.

For us:

Click on a persons name in the chatroom and see a dick or an open pussy staring us in the face and we hit the block button, neither of us wants to see a cock sticking out at us.

No information, just one line of we/I just want to have fun, does nothing for us.

SHOUTING at us, it's impolite and we don't meet impolite people.

Pre-judging everyone as being the same, for instance we saw a profile that said

"No fucking single males" .... def not our type of non-judgemental easy going people.

Lots of moaning about timewasters etc, we are all fed up of them, I don't think anyone actually likes them so why go on about it in a profile, profiles are meant to be informative.

I think a profile can say as much about people in what it doesn't say as it can in what is written there.

Verifications, for us a profile that says VERIFIED GENUINE means nothing we consider that an un verified profile, since the verification could have said anything and probably said something that they dont want you to see.

Phone or Cam verifications, again we consider them non verified since that doesn't tell us anything about personality, if they meet for real, turn up, have a sense of humour, are respectfull and non pushy.

6 months on the site and no verifications, we can't help wondering why they haven't met anyone after such a length of time and wander about timewasting or downright wind up merchants.

Thats us, what do you think ???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Lots of things put me off in profiles, one liners, or "i dont know what to put here" ones that dont make it clear what they are looking for, ones that sound desperate, ones that are negative. Ones that big themselves up to much, oh i could go on and on.karenx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Im not particularly interested in cock and pussy shots

Even less interested in a black shadow

I would prefer more than one line in a profile and some information about what they like and don't like

People that seem to be into every sort of sexual activity imaginable with every age group imaginable send me running to the hills lol

I also don't like msn adresses and mobile numbers on a profile,for me it smacks of desparation

What I do like is some sort of sense of humour,some decent body shots,even better with a face shot

Webcam and phone verifications mean nothing to me,but that does'nt mean I would'nt respond to a well written profile that sparks some interest in me

even if they don't fit our usual criteria

Forum Mod

Lol Karen I have just gone on and on!! and could have carried on but got bored with myself xx

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

shouting ...bossy ...long set of what we wont do rather than will ...

i just cant be bothered

mr x

The bisexual females that dont meet men, wouldn't that make them gay???

Much like you jed, cannot understand why people can be so rude on their profiles towards single men, especially couples because like me i married one and he's still the same person, also take a wide berth of any profiles that mentions timewasters, as is usually the case, they think everyone that doesn't want to meet them are timewasters.

Forum Mod

I agree with the timewaster quotes....I have found that some who have it in capitals all over their profiles can do a very good job of being timewasters themselves

Although they would most certainly disagree

"The bisexual females that dont meet men, wouldn't that make them gay???"

Amen to that......

Mm Put us off!

Rudeness..'asking' to chat on msn then holding off while they chat to 6 others in turn.. Blocked and goodbye lol..

Telling us their not hardcore then reading there 'other' profile lol.. the one with 28 meets a month and verified Ooerr...

Mailing us asking to become friends.. adding and No fookin pics.. Grrrrrr!!

People who pry too much...

Blimy its a wonder we ever meet anyone lol.....

Notts2for2

Hardcore is not for us but we don't allow the number of people they have met to put us off or the number of verifications they have.

I have around 48 verifications, these are people I have met at swingers clubs, I have played with very few of them but can verify that they are genuine, good company and exactly what thier profile says they are.

Verifications that say "had great sex" are ok and mean the people are genuine but that does not mean we will have great sex with them, we all have different ways of recieving and giving pleasure, we prefer to know that people are genuine and good fun socially, we will sort the sex out for ourselves.

Them having sex with lots of others doesn't bother us, we are swingers, but having sex with "anybody" does, we have our likes and dislikes, our criteria for having sex with people, we have to like them both, we have to enjoy thier company and thier personalities and we have to find them sexually attractive, we don't "shag anyone" for the sake of it.

So we read what we can from a profile and then try to find out more, no verifications doesn't put us off but does make us want to carry out other "checks" to ensure that the people are genuine.

Even verifications cannot guarantee we will find the people sexually compatible but does help with finding genuine people.

We love reading profiles & have tried to make ours a good reflection of who we are & what we like.

You learn so much from them & we avoid the negative ones with their lists of "dos" & "Donts".

Cockshots & gynae pics are off putting to us too. A nice pic of the couple together along with some warm text wins everytime.

Add a splash of humour & you've got our attention.

We're here for the fun, not the mechanics & some mail makes our head spin, we've twice now had messages with "Anal" mentioned in the opening line when really "Hiya" would have gone down a lot better .

We are all different & looking for different things so just because we don't "get " some profiles, it doesn't mean they are wrong , just not our cup of tea.

Right, overlong rant over.

( Closes large tome & leaves pulpit ).

xx

our biggest no-go is a profile with no pics.it doesnt matter if you show your face or not,but make the effort plz.

No photos is a non-starter for me when single or when I am a couple (those who know me know that there have been many victims in my life )

But if a couple hope to meet us they better have pics of them both or they could also be wasting thier time, after all it is a couple we are meeting not just the female

No pictures at all just gets you on our block list immediately, do people think they can watch Sasha or me on cam, half naked generally without having the courtesy of having thier own pictures

Like others a face pic is not necessary but body shape preferably clothed is essential to us, and for single males, something the wife would recognise but work colleagues wouldn't does help us trust your status.

glad some of you share our views on pictures of cock and womens bits...

its soooo a turn off for us...as they're not the prettiest of things lol

some nice body shots on your profile and face pics in private, or to follow is best for us..

One liners,no photo's.Cock pix,road kill pix,arm up the fanny to the elbow pix(sounds like a Victoria Wood song,lol).Photo's with toys,prams rubbish etc in the background. Booze,fags and football.People who call themselves professionals (aren't we all?)or attractive/good looking,thats for others to decide.

People who say up for anything but don't do this,that or the usual no no's???? Last but not least,profiles that match little or nothing on ours.

Phew!

Trace & Ric

XXXX

By *eznhannahCouple  over a year ago

leeds

when it comes to profiles we are pretty much with the original poster on here, but on top of that things that really turn us off are

really bad spelling, not typing errors but spelling meet as meat etc.

also dont like big massive essays for the description, a bit self indulgent for us,

hate absolutly hate single girls on here who think they are the dogs bollox just because they are single girls, the if you dont like it f off attitude, we all have that attitude couples, girls and dare i say single guys, but no need to shout it from the rooftops, yup we agree unless its a met in person verification its not a verification,

and i think thats about it lol

oooooh ooooh oooog another pet hate

clicking on single fem profiles especially when you go to browse single fems and thier profile says

"have a partner and neither of us plays alone"

Makes me want to mail them and shout

HEY YOUR A COUPLE GET USED TO IT

I see it as a lie to get your interest and if they tell one lie in a profile how much more of the profile is lies.

Or the mail that opens with :

I know you don't like ......... but I thought i would mail you anyway

So I expect to meet and find yea "I know you dont like bi sex but I thought i would suck your cock anyway", or "I know you don't like anal but I do so here we go ........."

Ignoring what your profile meet criteria is just tells me they cant be trusted in a real meet situation and I put them in the "scary no respect" category

on the subject of profiles and cabbages

having read some of the comments in this thread about BIG ONES I would appreciate genuine thoughts

I have a big one, really really big, is it too big ?

My profile I mean.

I have always believed that a profile can never be too big providing it is informative, humourous perhaps, well written, articulate and punctuated, that's not saying I think mine is perfect of course but I have tried to make it as reader friendly as possible.

I tried to show some of my personality at the same time being upfront and honest so I dont waste anyones time.

now thinking about it I am going to copy this to my own thread on Profiles in general forum too

leeds

no yours is not the biggest we have ever seen, profile that is but for us there is some slightly un-necessary twaddle (the hamster bit) but it is not somthing that would put us off your profile or meeting (if we were closer), what we are getting at is the essays sayin how they met and how much they love each other etc, then every exruciating detail of what they like and every meet they have ever been on, we prefer straight to the point general idea kinda of profile as an ice breaker, but if a bigger profile like your own is done with humour and warmth thats ok too,

while we are on the subject would love some impartial views on own profile please dont worry about offending us cos we get loads any way so dont care lol just interesting to know xx

_eznhannah

Good profile

ticks the boxes for me ie:

pics of both of you (we meet couples therefore like to see both in pics)

verifications for real meets (not essential but a good starter)

Obviously looked at INTERESTS and deleted those that dont interest you (so many just have everything on there and I find sado machosism a turn off, nor do I meet couples where the guy is a transvestite, i like women to look like women and men to look like men) so not deleting the stuff you dont do can put people off for the wrong reason

Some good information in the main profile section and having read it and seen the pics we would wink wink if we werent so far out of your age range, well me not Sasha

Anyway for constructive criticism i would say put a few bits in paragraphs, reading one endless section puts me off, I like short sharp paragraphs the profile does not look too boring to attempt to read then

P.S appreciated your comments but now have 3 hamster walking round the house sulking

leeds

lol sorry about that, not intended to cause sulks, and will sort paragraphs out later when more time,

ooo another pet hate text speak which would make above post rread like this

lol sry bt tht nt mnt 2 cs slk srt l8r wen tym

but thats more in replys than profile

By *eakcoupleCouple  over a year ago

peak district

We're put off by:

- capitals,

- crudeness, coarseness,

- demands for what they expect or want to do to you, almost as if you were just there for their pleasure only,

- illiteracy,

- txt speak,

- in your face phrases,

- just genital shots,

- poor pictures, probably of old girlfriends if not pinched from elsewhere.

- blatant prejudice,

- single men pretending to be women; some of the profiles are so badly written you can spot this a mile off!

Any or a combination of these tells us we wouldn't want to be anywhere near the profile person!

simplyjed..

What we meant by hardcore with loads of verification is ...When we read them.. and we do lol.. they have had several meets in a short period all saying stuff like.. Great shag etc.. Not great couple met at the club lovely to chat to etc.. Even we meet people at parties and the like who leave feedback.. Really we can tell the difference lol.

We'd genuinely rather not know.. Neither who or how many lol. We like to be able to make 'our' minds up on people but when you see so much it clouds the judgement.. sorry lol.

i get put off very easy by people profiles, its the old saying.....first impressions last.....and a profile is after all the first impression people give to you of them, i also hate profile that moan on about un genuine people, we all know they out there get over it lol oh and why do people put no time wasters please? like a time wasters going to take note of that lol i don't like people who put looking for attractive people! whats attractive? and if i reply to them is that me being a little big headed? lol i don't think im attractive but that don't mean they will think the same so they just missed out on meeting me (someone who they could possabily thinks attractive!) there lol i also dont like people who put looking for professional people, seriously what does it matter what i do for a living?? and sexual Scenario on profiles is just a little sad!!

» Add a new message to this topic