FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Are condoms enough?

Are condoms enough?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My experience on the swing scene is that condoms are the norm and are expected. However, I've noticed on the forums that using a condom may not be enough for some swingers. Ie in addition to practicing safe sex with a partner, it is expected that that partner must never have had bareback sex on the scene. I use condoms to protect myself from something someone may have caught as a result of going bare. What do other people think? Are condoms enough, or is a sexual history necessary too? If someone has had a bareback relationship but has since been tested clear, would they be ok to have sex with using a condom?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Condoms are certainly enough. I've been actively 121 and MMF swinging for ten years and they've always provided complete protection.

Condoms are very safe but get a check up every now and then to be on the safe side

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Condoms are enough for us, I wouldn't ever ask for someone's sexual history it's not my business and they could easily lie.

if we all say NO condoms are not enough

What else you going to use

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"if we all say NO condoms are not enough

What else you going to use "

Bleach baths and a flame thrower...

Bleach baths and a flame thrower..."

well they have got to be enough haven't they because thats all we have got

By *roticGoddessXXWoman  over a year ago

Richmond

Condoms are useful, but not a magic way of avoiding catching a nasty. Check out failure rates-----perfect use condom failure rate is 2-5% depending on where you look, and goes as high as 18% failure rate if not used properly.

There are also those things you can catch even if condoms are in use and effective: warts, lice, and herpes.

So yea, significantly decreases rates of pregnancy and STI infection, but certainly not perfect!

That being said, if you're into this scene, you can only go with what you're comfortable with. Everyone has their own preferences, avoid those you aren't ok with, right?

Have fun, everyone!

Using condoms with meets is the safest by far, the only sure fire way to protect yourself 100% is never do have sex.

I wouldn't go to a club and ask the people that meet their prior sexual history, many of us have children which shows many of us have had unprotected sex previously, would you discriminate against those people?

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"My experience on the swing scene is that condoms are the norm and are expected. However, I've noticed on the forums that using a condom may not be enough for some swingers. Ie in addition to practicing safe sex with a partner, it is expected that that partner must never have had bareback sex on the scene. I use condoms to protect myself from something someone may have caught as a result of going bare. What do other people think? Are condoms enough, or is a sexual history necessary too? If someone has had a bareback relationship but has since been tested clear, would they be ok to have sex with using a condom? "

To my mind it is all a sliding scale, there is no safe or not safe, only more or less risk.

I know people who have the attitude that this is a swinging site - swinging is a high risk activity, people will lie about their sexual history and everything else so no point even asking questions, all you can do is accept the risk, use protection, and get yourself tested regularly.

But I am not really comfortable with that - in addition I use every means at my disposal to try and gauge the level of risk before I choose to meet someone, their profile, their veris, and yes, sometimes a straight question.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Bleach baths and a flame thrower..."

A few drops of iodine in her pussy first should stop you from catching anything

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Condoms are useful, but not a magic way of avoiding catching a nasty. Check out failure rates-----perfect use condom failure rate is 2-5% depending on where you look, and goes as high as 18% failure rate if not used properly.

There are also those things you can catch even if condoms are in use and effective: warts, lice, and herpes

!"

You can catch virtually all sti's from oral sex too, there is a much lower risk of that, but it is a risk nonetheless.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

well they have got to be enough haven't they because thats all we have got "

Exactly! If you aren't happy with the available safety precautions don't carry on with the activity.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

A few drops of iodine in her pussy first should stop you from catching anything "

Noted. I favour a full hazard suit myself.

The reason I ask is because, I've noticed on other threads that some people won't meet people who had previously done bare, thereby for those I'm guessing condoms aren't enough.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Noted. I favour a full hazard suit myself. "

Have you ever heard of teledildonics? One person has a dildo type device, the other a fleshlight type device and through the magic of the internet you can fuck each other from anywhere in the world. Can't catch anything that way, apart from maybe a computer virus.

Condoms aren't enough, imo. You can still catch some things if using them.

Plus if you're fucking larger than average guys then the condom is not gonna cover all of his cock which leaves both him and you exposed and you will have genital contact.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Noted. I favour a full hazard suit myself.

Have you ever heard of teledildonics? One person has a dildo type device, the other a fleshlight type device and through the magic of the internet you can fuck each other from anywhere in the world. Can't catch anything that way, apart from maybe a computer virus. "

I feel this is the future

The only thing that vilifying people's past choices will do is increase the overall level of dishonesty in the future.

"The only thing that vilifying people's past choices will do is increase the overall level of dishonesty in the future.

"

Yes that's what I had wondered

By *emplarWarriorMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

I tend to wear a complete Hazmat Biohazard Radiation fall out all in one full body suit because I just think you can never be too careful.

I may start to wear a gas mask during meets as I could catch a cold off someone.

» Add a new message to this topic