FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > CB Radio

CB Radio

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

hey there good buddy, does any one remember thee good old CB RADIO. This is how i met Mr. Frisky,on an eyeball 24years ago. good times.

10 10 till i catch ye again lol.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes remember them well over and out

By *eighleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

had several of them, started on Am with SSB etc, but when the goverment of the time made FM legal and licenced my parents made me go legal, they did not realise what i had was technically illegal, (i was about 14 at the time)

So what were your handles, mine was Renegade

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Oh they where the days, i do have nightmares still about a guy i nearly met, i say nearly cause thankfully he had his "handle" on the back of his leather jacket and i could do a quick runner

Little digit was my handle lol

flash from the past. I used to grab handles and twenty folk on a old am cobra. Fukt all the tv receptions at the time , then went to an fm maxcom. Think mobiles have parked riggs up and home barns. Anyone remember 'convoy' ?

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

met my first bf thru CB - my handle was daydream believer

leeds

"flash from the past. I used to grab handles and twenty folk on a old am cobra. Fukt all the tv receptions at the time , then went to an fm maxcom. Think mobiles have parked riggs up and home barns. Anyone remember 'convoy' ? "

convoy was great, film based on the song

leeds

IT could be said that forums and chat romms are the CB Radio of the 21st Century, it is pretty similar do you not think

By *rs ColourfulCouple  over a year ago

Newton Abbot

I remember that the whole family was into it at one point, my handle was jelly baby could have only been about 9 or 10...

Then I got back into it when I was in my teens and went under electric dreams...

That's when I started to meet people and parents did not like it so they tried to make me not use it by dismantling the aerial... but a coathanger worked just as well in the back of it lol

By *arkstaffsMan  over a year ago

Rugeley

I must have had a fair few CB sets over the years. The AM radios were the best. Once it was legalised everyone seemed to get into it for a while and every town had a CB shop. Like so many things its popularity dwindled with the coming of the internet and mobile phones but CBs still have their uses and are still made. I've got an old Midland in my old Landrover that's still working well.

Hehe CB radio's just remind me of the film Smokey & The Bandit

Genius...

By *rummiePartyManMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Remember them well. I was Green Machine, using an old Cobra.

I was pretty late on in the scene and within months, had got a mobile phone, so as soon as I changed cars after that, I never bothered to re-install the CB rig and it all went to a box in the attic.

What it did do though was to inspire me to do the City & Guilds course and become a licenced (VHF) Radio "ham". That was fun, but if you think that CB handles at "eyeballs" are for anoraks, then you should hear radio hams get to gether..."I say, Charlie-Echo-4-7-Bravo" have you heard about old "Alpha-India-9-2-Yankee"? I gather he's now seeing "Whisky-Kilo-8-3-Lima"...blah blah...it was too much, I had to get out lol lol...

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Still used by a lot of farmers! Go to your farmy/agriculural supplier and see if they still stock them.

Yeah, still got a Sharp One Hander in my Mothers garage someplace - Might be worth money now

Ebay here I come

By *randmrssmithMan  over a year ago

london

Mine was a cibernet 3000......fm...

By *rystal Tipps - AlistairCouple  over a year ago

livingston

Still use a Rotel 240 wit a wilson ariel, good set up.

By *ater74Man  over a year ago

bolton

Still use an am/fm set mostly on am though couldnt do without it

"I remember that the whole family was into it at one point.

That's when I started to meet people and parents did not like it so they tried to make me not use it by dismantling the aerial... but a coathanger worked just as well in the back of it lol "

most of my family was on also, i always mind my mum saying " dont go arranging to meet anyone , cos they are strangers and u dont know them. then around 13 or 14 my pal and i started eyeballing people, travelling on buses for miles. minding tho you couldnt send a photo or anything over the airways so we used to tell each other what we would be wearing, my pal and me would give total different description incase we had to walk right past. oh the good old days.

By *loydandlucyCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

My handle was billy the fish .. Dont know why ! I remember me mate had a Amstrad 901 CB , Thought it was great cos it had LED's on the single meter..

Had a massive silver rod on the house, but mother made me take it down , so i just put it in the down comer off the roof..

Happy days

leeds

"Had a massive silver rod on the house, but mother made me take it down , so i just put it in the down comer off the roof..

Happy days "

soumds like a 16 or 18ft dipole, i had one as well, took it down when we moved house in 1989, left teh bracket up though for some reason, i cannot remember why.

That Bracket is still on the house i drive past it every day

By *athnBobCouple  over a year ago

sandwell

"Still used by a lot of farmers! Go to your farmy/agriculural supplier and see if they still stock them."

Used by 4x4 drivers as well. Legal to use whilst driving unlike a mobile phone.

My big brother had one and would be up half the night. Not very good as i shared a bedroom with him.

By *ick and tockCouple  over a year ago

wigan

i used to have a Fidelity CB3000FM Homebase unit with side band fitted with power mike & 100 watt bunner silver rod arial we used to have bba round most weeks as people could hear me over there tv's or not beable to watch there tv's in our area

i used to speek to nutty tart off hear on the cb when i was a kid

london

i had a sigma 4 ariel aswell ..

By *4FantasyCouple  over a year ago

Spalding

I (Kaz) also had an Amstrad 901 and a Premier Homebase. My handle back then was Caramel and I met lots of friends on the CB in the early/mid 80s! My dad wasn't too impressed when I showed him the size of the arial I wanted putting up outside the house! We had a CB club too. Good good times....

Kazx

"I (Kaz) I met lots of friends on the CB in the early/mid 80s! My dad wasn't too impressed when I showed him the size of the arial I wanted putting up outside the house! We had a CB club too. Good good times....

Kazx"

my dad didnt like them much, my mum was on more than me lol. my aerial was a piece of wire going round my parents loft that one of my mums pals put up for us. i made quite a lot of friends on it aswell, we also had a cb club. i enjoyed they days

10/4 good buddy

My handle was the crazy choirboy (well I was 13 at the time i started using it) xx

"10/4 good buddy

"

there was some weird and wonderful slang on the cb eh lol. roger that lol

"10/4 good buddy

there was some weird and wonderful slang on the cb eh lol. roger that lol "

Thats a copy xx

london

my handle was pioneer......

Was only ever on the legal FM 40 channel, but still got 2 sets and they still work.

But they both have 41 channels!

By *ohn_joCouple  over a year ago

peterborough

what fun we use to have with our cb wish we still had one lol

By *oftyladnloftyladyCouple  over a year ago

worcester

used to have a cb club around here with over 200 members. held fox hunts trying to eyeball whoever was chosen as the fox out an about in thier car giving hints to where they were going, massive monthly meets and parties. then they legalised it and it all died a deth so the midland set and 6ft firepole with neon got put away.

strange how making something legal can kill the illegal fun over night

By *loydandlucyCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

"Was only ever on the legal FM 40 channel, but still got 2 sets and they still work.

But they both have 41 channels!"

Have you turned them on? is there anyone one else using them

I'm remember them from my teens, then with the advent of first mobile phone technology with communication one on one followed by facebook and its ability to communicate to a mass audience they sadly fell by the wayside...

Never did arrange an eyeball though, as when I hit sixteen they seemed to vanish.... . But by then I had discovered raves

"Was only ever on the legal FM 40 channel, but still got 2 sets and they still work.

But they both have 41 channels!

Have you turned them on? is there anyone one else using them "

Don't know to be honest, my brother last used them for a car rally event.

I loved it for a while when it was the in gimmick.

how many candles you burning?

have you got a seat cover?

whats your 20?

Good laugh at the time. Seems a bit anoraky now, and thinking about it there were some proper dipsticks on there who thought they owned the airwaves.

» Add a new message to this topic