FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > non verified profiles

non verified profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

am i right to be sceptical about non verified profiles ?

understandably when first joining sites like this it can take a couple of weeks to find ur feet and start chatting with people but after a month or so with no verification ............

............. to me it just smacks of pic collectors, internet 'wankers' or people too scared / no intention of acting out their desires

i have seen profiles on here who have been here a year or more and still haven't been verified

even if they dont show who posted the verifications then fair enough but to have nothing there at all to say ur genuine after a long period of time is just 'odd' in my eyes

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Use your filters to block them from contacting you... that's what we do

Not everyone feels the need to have verifications to prove who they are, its a usefull tool for some people and an ego boost for others.

I personally like to make my own mind up about someone rather than read a verfication and do not ask for anyone to verify me.

all about choices and our ability to ignore of block those profiles we find not to our taste

"Use your filters to block them from contacting you... that's what we do "

nah then i might miss out on some newbies lol

Or maybe they dont want any!

I have a 'friend' on here, I have met him many times, he doesnt want any kind of verification left. So his profile has none, even though hes been on site over a year.

Not everybody wants their profile verified.

We don't agree with hiding verifications just means your hiding something in our eyes.

Verifications are there to show your real - so why hide them? Sorry don't get it..

We also use filters to stop non verified people from contacting us. Not every non verified is a time waster or something to that effect, but it certainly helps to out the time wasters, fakes etc.

"Not everyone feels the need to have verifications to prove who they are, its a usefull tool for some people and an ego boost for others.

I personally like to make my own mind up about someone rather than read a verfication and do not ask for anyone to verify me.

all about choices and our ability to ignore of block those profiles we find not to our taste "

i av never asked either.

you do not have to show who verified you but the fact that someone has had some communication with you and clarified that you are 'actively looking' beyond browsing this site is a major plus.

i am sure people play with it, make 2 profiles and verify each other but you are always gonna get such subterfuge

so having sum1 elses thoughts posted is useful but not essential

it is however the long - termers with absolutely nothing that makes me wonder how genuine they are about meeting

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

if you aren't going to block them, then look at them and move on..

everyone is on here for different reasons, if they are not breaking the site rules/ causing you hassle then leave them to their own...

[Removed by poster at 08/05/11 17:03:43]

"Use your filters to block them from contacting you... that's what we do

nah then i might miss out on some newbies lol"

LOL!!! Like them fresh do you?

Suppose you'll have to stick to good ole fashioned ignorance when you see these 'ageing un-verified' profiles

"Or maybe they dont want any!

I have a 'friend' on here, I have met him many times, he doesnt want any kind of verification left. So his profile has none, even though hes been on site over a year.

Not everybody wants their profile verified."

he must actively tell people not to verify his profile then ?

once sum1 verifies you doesnt it show on ur profile anyway irregardless of whether u choose to show the actual wording ?

"Or maybe they dont want any!

Not everybody wants their profile verified.

he must actively tell people not to verify his profile then ?

once sum1 verifies you doesnt it show on ur profile anyway irregardless of whether u choose to show the actual wording ?"

Yes he does. Without going to look at his profile (its been a while), the 1st line on his profile states he doesnt want verified.

"Use your filters to block them from contacting you... that's what we do

nah then i might miss out on some newbies lol

LOL!!! Like them fresh do you?

Suppose you'll have to stick to good ole fashioned ignorance when you see these 'ageing un-verified' profiles

"

mmm fresh

"We don't agree with hiding verifications just means your hiding something in our eyes.

Verifications are there to show your real - so why hide them? Sorry don't get it..

We also use filters to stop non verified people from contacting us. Not every non verified is a time waster or something to that effect, but it certainly helps to out the time wasters, fakes etc."

I don't show any that i think goes into too much detail. I used to hide them all because i felt it was no one else's business who i've met. Nothing sinister about it

The profile i had on here last year displayed my verifications and I ended up with three differnt woman sending me nasty messages as I had met up with men they considered their own regulars, this time round I have asked the people who I meet not to verify me although an old friend did when I first joined.

again its all down to choice

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Be sceptical about all profiles, follow your insticts.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"The profile i had on here last year displayed my verifications and I ended up with three differnt woman sending me nasty messages as I had met up with men they considered their own regulars, this time round I have asked the people who I meet not to verify me although an old friend did when I first joined.

again its all down to choice "

and bigmeat... there you have your answer to your 'arsey over verifications' thread

and very true.

"The profile i had on here last year displayed my verifications and I ended up with three differnt woman sending me nasty messages as I had met up with men they considered their own regulars, this time round I have asked the people who I meet not to verify me although an old friend did when I first joined.

again its all down to choice "

If any member of this site sent us messages because they thought we had 'trod on their toes' I'd send them a swift 'do one' message back telling them to get over themselves whilst reminding them this is supposed to be NSA fun.

But as you say it's all down to choice.

If any member of this site sent us messages because they thought we had 'trod on their toes' I'd send them a swift 'do one' message back telling them to get over themselves whilst reminding them this is supposed to be NSA fun.

But as you say it's all down to choice. "

* nods head in agreement

By *itianmandyWoman  over a year ago

london

"We don't agree with hiding verifications just means your hiding something in our eyes.

We also use filters to stop non verified people from contacting us. Not every non verified is a time waster or something to that effect, but it certainly helps to out the time wasters, fakes etc."

I hide mine because I was fed up of men I didnt know contacting friends who I'd met and had verified me to find out information about me.

most unverified people on here dont even make the effort to reply to any messages!dont know if its because they dont know how to or cant be bothered? i alwayys give a few days for them to reply before saying hi again ! its nice to meet new people but a yes or no would be nice at least.

By *icboyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I hide mine because I was fed up of men I didnt know contacting friends who I'd met and had verified me to find out information about me.

Do people really do that?

That's like stalking. Weirdos.

i hide mine because its MY profile and i can do what i want with MY profile simple

"Not everyone feels the need to have verifications to prove who they are, its a usefull tool for some people and an ego boost for others.

all about choices and our ability to ignore of block those profiles we find not to our taste "

*Nods in agreement*

What a daft statement!

Do you really think only verified people are real?!! Honestly?!! Do you take the word of total strangers that the person they've verified is the best shag ever?!!

If you've answered yes then all I can say is I find your naivety scary!

"I hide mine because I was fed up of men I didnt know contacting friends who I'd met and had verified me to find out information about me.

That's like stalking. Weirdos. "

sadly yes they do and they are a way of stalking

By *john121Man  over a year ago

staffs

"am i right to be sceptical about non verified profiles ?

understandably when first joining sites like this it can take a couple of weeks to find ur feet and start chatting with people but after a month or so with no verification ............

............. to me it just smacks of pic collectors, internet 'wankers' or people too scared / no intention of acting out their desires

i have seen profiles on here who have been here a year or more and still haven't been verified

even if they dont show who posted the verifications then fair enough but to have nothing there at all to say ur genuine after a long period of time is just 'odd' in my eyes "

personal choice...I choose not to show my friends list...

so many profiles with friends lists longer than your arms! if I was cynical I might think 'talkers' and not 'players' possible pic collectors and the list goes on...

I choose to show my verifications as I feel that as a guy on here the chips are already stacked against me so hopefully they help.

but that's my choice as it is every ones as to how they choose to use their profile...or in fact for you to be dubious regarding them....

my advice would be so what move on life's to short..you don't have to contact them do you?

staffs

We also use filters to stop non verified people from contacting us. Not every non verified is a time waster or something to that effect, but it certainly helps to out the time wasters, fakes etc.

What a daft statement!

Do you really think only verified people are real?!! Honestly?!! Do you take the word of total strangers that the person they've verified is the best shag ever?!!

If you've answered yes then all I can say is I find your naivety scary! "

have to agree as you're far to scary to disagree with!!!

What a daft statement!

If you've answered yes then all I can say is I find your naivety scary! "

Not in the least, but we post our opinions, not be flamed down by them, but since you dont have the concept of what a forum is about.. oh well

If you actually read what was written, you would actually see the sense in it.

Of course there are weirdos who fake them.. and you have to use all the tools in your arsenal to check out people first - Dont be silly and presume we meet people based on verifications alone - "oh they are verified, lets meet and do no other checks!" That sort of juvenile thinking is just plain dumb.

and you have the cheek to call us naive..

staffs

"I hide mine because I was fed up of men I didnt know contacting friends who I'd met and had verified me to find out information about me.

sadly yes they do and they are a way of stalking "

and i've been abducted by aliens! lol

what does that say about the people who've verified you and your choices of peeps to meet?

i have never heard or had people contact me through a verification, I have never mentioned when contacting that I see we have 'mutual friends'.

just because they played doesn't mean I float their boat..if we meet it may then come up in conversation..

As for stalking...just set up your account correctly and if it becomes necessary block or report..

I would like to know just how many people have been contacted/stalked in this way?

"am i right to be sceptical about non verified profiles ?

even if they dont show who posted the verifications then fair enough but to have nothing there at all to say ur genuine after a long period of time is just 'odd' in my eyes "

what dose that make me then as i have none

some people have missed the point of the thread here and taken it as a statement that all profiles should show their verifications

nothing can be further from the point

i am not talking about people choosing to show who they have met / chatted to / cammed with etc

that is their business and the choice to show them is entirely theirs

what i am talking about is the people that after several months still don't have

'GENUINE VERIFIED PROFILE'

showing on their profile

after all, once verified doesn't this automatically show on a profile irregardless of whether you choose to show the words that went with it ?

I think the poster who put..

applies to your questions really.

"I think the poster who put..

applies to your questions really.

"

valid point well made

"have to agree as you're far to scary to disagree with!!! "

My fluffy wuffy nature isn't coming through is it?!! I'm cuddly and cute too!

The thing is not everyone cares about verifications: I don't! You are all strangers to me, so why on earth would I take into account what anyone here says?

I can tell within two words of a message whether I'll open it or not, and by the end of the first message whether it's someone I'll consider meeting.

I'm able to make that decision all on my own, and in four years I've never come across a timewaster, I've never been let down, and every meet has turned up.

I've lost count of the number of threads written where verified members have not shown up: it's not about verifications, it's about the ability to use your own skill and judgement in choosing people that suit your needs.

There have been people - verified and unverified - that I wouldn't give the time of day - because my spider senses start tingling and scream "timewaster!" Don't need a bunch of horny stranger's to tell me if someone is "genuine" or not!

But then - that's just me!

The biggest problem with verifications is that the people you leave them for can change their profiles in a heartbeat, and you them become associated with them and how they play, when there’s room for assumptions in swinging, assumptions will be made

Would be nice to have the option to only display your verifications to people on your friends list.

That depends on how you take verifications, but can see you point.

The ability to only show your validations to friends is a good idea on merit - depends on how good your friends are really and how you vet them. In fact to only show your friends list to friends would be a good idea too.

Perhaps you should suggest it - we'll +1 it.

staffs

"have to agree as you're far to scary to disagree with!!!

My fluffy wuffy nature isn't coming through is it?!! I'm cuddly and cute too! "

I believe you! I really do! 'quivering!'

lol

"

what i am talking about is the people that after several months still don't have

'GENUINE VERIFIED PROFILE'

showing on their profile

"

~Maybe they're really fussy and haven't yet found someone they want to meet.

~Maybe they're struggling to find someone whose criteria they meet.

~Maybe they fell in love with their first meet and decided to take some time away from swinging

~ etc etc etc

There are all kinds of reasons why people may be here for several months and still not show as 'verified genuine profile'. It really doesn't bother me.

As others have said, if it bothers you, use your filters to prevent them contacting you, and the 'advanced search' facility so that they don't come up in your searches.

"have to agree as you're far to scary to disagree with!!!

My fluffy wuffy nature isn't coming through is it?!! I'm cuddly and cute too!

I believe you! I really do! 'quivering!'

lol "

*Girle giggles*

By *itianmandyWoman  over a year ago

london

what does that say about the people who've verified you and your choices of peeps to meet?

"

It says absolutely nothing negative about the people who've verified me, since they're the ones who've alerted me to the fact that they've been contacted by a total stranger asking questions about what I'm like and they've chosen to say nothing-however hiding my verifications keeps that all within my control, not someone else's.

I'd like to say these strangers are people who might have had no contact with me whatsoever.

i have never heard or had people contact me through a verification, I have never mentioned when contacting that I see we have 'mutual friends'.

"

No body said it was people you meet, ive had someone find me through verifications i've left

» Add a new message to this topic