FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Timewasting couples?

Timewasting couples?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heshman25 OP   Man  over a year ago

warrington

Is it just me or have we had a wave of fake profiles of late?

I know the single ladies have taken a little bashing on here just lately but, I've encountered so many timewasting couple profiles it's driving me barmy!!! I just don't get what they're getting out of it? Why would you want to talk rubbish all day about a prospective meet when you could actually have one?

I don't know whether I'm getting old and miserable but, I'm at the end of my tether. I've got verifications, can travel or accom and yet I find myself spending 95% of my time being messed around.

Have any other members experienced this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *obblybitsCouple  over a year ago

huddersfield

what do you mean of time wasters?? how can they be wasting your time if you are messaging them?

people think we are time wasters because we haven't met in months and months but to be honest to anyone who things this, it is none of there business on how we use this site.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

In what way are they wasting your time exactly?

warrington

"what do you mean of time wasters?? how can they be wasting your time if you are messaging them?

people think we are time wasters because we haven't met in months and months but to be honest to anyone who things this, it is none of there business on how we use this site."

Sorry, I did mean to add that I have arranged several meets only for the dog to have died or the house burnt down!

I have no problem with people who don't meet for months or even people who haven't met at all. Afterall it's peoples choice as to how often they choose to meet.

My gripe is these people who spend hours chatting arranging a meet when they have no intention of doing so?

Who would meet in a burnt down house with a dead dog

"what do you mean of time wasters?? how can they be wasting your time if you are messaging them?

people think we are time wasters because we haven't met in months and months but to be honest to anyone who things this, it is none of there business on how we use this site.

Sorry, I did mean to add that I have arranged several meets only for the dog to have died or the house burnt down!

I have no problem with people who don't meet for months or even people who haven't met at all. Afterall it's peoples choice as to how often they choose to meet.

My gripe is these people who spend hours chatting arranging a meet when they have no intention of doing so?

"

the thrill of the chase

that's how some people get their kicks

not advocating it, but it is an unfortunate reality

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

cos they are all really single timewasting straight bi males who are married (joke btw)

"cos they are all really single timewasting straight bi males who are married (joke btw) "

You know a lot about them. Is there something you want to share with us?

warrington

"Who would meet in a burnt down house with a dead dog"

To live out one of my many fantasies

Remind us never to invite you round in case the house gets torched! We haven't got a dog so we should be safe lol

warrington

"Remind us never to invite you round in case the house gets torched! We haven't got a dog so we should be safe lol"

Careful! I'm developing an unwanted reputation as an arsonist / dog killer!

we understand what you are saying , but it can take months before a date can be sorted for each side , we have a meet sorted for 18 june , 9th july and prob thats it for a while cos of other family stuff . so its hard if u want to meet but seem so vague if u cant arrange a meet till say august . so we r not fake just full pon busy all over , u look hot enough so im sure u wont struggle for long

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"cos they are all really single timewasting straight bi males who are married (joke btw) "

As with all jokes,funny cos its true!

Family life does and will get in the way plan a meet and child gets ill life happens but we are not time wasters

sadly were all not freely available to meet when you all want us too does that make us timewasters too?

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

We know where the original poster is coming from. We have chatted with several couples this year with a view to meeting. They are very chatty and all up for it, until that is actually setting a date, then it all goes quiet, no replies to messages or anything.

Its gotten so bad just lately that Karen has said enough's enough. We aren't meeting anyone at all for a couple of months, hopefully the user base may change

That is explained to anyone that contacts us and anyone on our friends list understands whats going on and are willing to wait.

same here! often it takes ages for us to sort something out

but we do meet lol

and we are what we say we are - plus we ALWAYS mention, that it might take us a while to arrange a meet. But if arranged we hardly ever cancel. that doesnt mean we have never cancelled because with family you can never be sure!

But we dont make up excuses.

Think honesty is the best policy anyway.

Sandra x

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Considering the amount of couples profiles looking for bi females, I haven't managed to arrange a meet yet. Met couples at parties and GBs no problem, but arranging to meet them is just impossible.

Closest I got was a place and date, just needed them to text me the time (they didn't give me their phone number). No message! Then a month later they want to arrange a meet again. Ummmm, no thanks.

By *ockwell DominusMan  over a year ago

Birstall

I had a meet arranged with a this young couple called William and Kate. They seemed like a really nice genuine couple and I was looking forward to the meet.

But then they cry off at the last minute with this story of how they have just had this big wedding and have to sort out some furniture back at their mums house.

Well she sounds like a right princess and he sounds like a right mummies boy. Feel like ive been right royally messed about.

i dont meet couples so dont really have a problem with them one way or another

If your getting pissed off with them tho stop mailing them

Again this is why I arrange meets for clubs if no show or no click there is still plenty of fun to be had by both parties and find couples tricky its very hard to find a couple that you click with both people ie like wife but not husband etc gets too complicated.

By *obb2upCouple  over a year ago

Bangor

"

Sadly it happens to us all...we had one poor unfortunate guy who's gran on his mothers side died...twice.

So your not alone.

Oh babe, I think the others are just not getting it are they? If a meet has been arranged and they dont show then later give a pathetic excuse i.e. had the wrong number etc, then they are time wasters. But as someone else said there are a lot out there that really only want to chat perhaps they are a bit lonely. I find you have to be really short with some people and tell them straight "I dont want to spend hours chatting I just want to meet and get on with it" and then there are some that are nice to chat to and make it plain you have no intentions of ever meeting them. 99% of the time it works for me. Good luck in the future

By *obb2upCouple  over a year ago

Bangor

"Oh babe, I think the others are just not getting it are they? If a meet has been arranged and they dont show then later give a pathetic excuse i.e. had the wrong number etc, then they are time wasters. But as someone else said there are a lot out there that really only want to chat perhaps they are a bit lonely. I find you have to be really short with some people and tell them straight "I dont want to spend hours chatting I just want to meet and get on with it" and then there are some that are nice to chat to and make it plain you have no intentions of ever meeting them. 99% of the time it works for me. Good luck in the future "

I totally agree....works for us too

"Again this is why I arrange meets for clubs if no show or no click there is still plenty of fun to be had by both parties and find couples tricky its very hard to find a couple that you click with both people ie like wife but not husband etc gets too complicated."

Completely agree, we meet all our friends at Tease, don't understand why people take a chance on private meets with strangers. Nothing beats meeting people in the bar and then.....

By *ngieandMrManCouple  over a year ago

hereford

'We've had enough of all the crap'

That's why my misses never does any of the leg work on here, she just wouldn't tolerate it and that would be an end ot it period.

'Taking a break till the user-base changes/improves'... been on here many years and in all that time its never been any different.

'Fed up with couples'... what makes you think they are couples?

'95% are time-wasters/fakes'... yeah and the rest.

But on the other hand it is a fact that life often gets in the way. All our kids have flown the nest and we have our house to ourselves 24/7 but because of work commitments we can ONLY meet on Saturday evenings. One guy we were talking to wanted to meet, and we wanted to meet him, when we told him we didn't have a free slot for about 7 weeks we didn't hear from him again!

Does my misses chat/cam on line? NO

Do we dish out phone numbers? NO, only prior to meeting.

Do we 'look like' time-wasters? Probably... Are we time-wasters? Never in a million years

The dross you have to sift through is the 'work' you have to put in to 'reap the rewards', which when it comes right is well worth the trouble

We have had some great experiences and made some fantastic new friends... stay the course and don't let the idiots drag you down. They are doing you a favour, they are improving your people skills such that you will just get better and better at choosing the right people.

Of course there are fake profiles on here, just the same as any other site, free or pay. It's just a fact of life, alwas was, always will be.

If people took this as the fun that it's meant to be they woulddn't always feel like their time had been 'wasted'

OK it's a bit of a pisser if you go to the trouble to arrange a meet and no-one turns up but to go to the extent of claiming that your time has been wasted because a few messages have been echanged then nothing .......

Get real for heavens sake

Share your view. We even had one couple saying we could meet at a named hotel and we would receive telephone contact details. The couple,or individual was just looking for sex details from us and was getting off we guess from the messages. This had nothing to do with genuine enquiries.

hereford

"Share your view. We even had one couple saying we could meet at a named hotel and we would receive telephone contact details. The couple,or individual was just looking for sex details from us and was getting off we guess from the messages. This had nothing to do with genuine enquiries."

That game is VERY common but the more you get the quicker you will spot them Look on the positive side - these people are making it easier for you to spot them and therefore MORE difficult for the idiots

warrington

So it's not just single guys that have to deal with this then! In response to some posters, I'm not complaining about sifting through my bulging inbox!! What I do get pissed off with though is chatting to a certain couple who shall remain nameless for over 6 months. We finally had some free time and arranged a late night meet. I sent them my full adress, post code and mobile number. Received a text telling me they were en route, great I though I'll jump in the shower. Next text said "can you resend your post code again" sent that, got a text back saying the sat nav says 15 minutes. Waited 2 hours! Came back online and they'd blocked me!!!

So what you really meant was that you have an axe to grind with a particular couple so you want to tar everone with the same stick ??

warrington

"So what you really meant was that you have an axe to grind with a particular couple so you want to tar everone with the same stick ??"

No not at all, I could list quite a few similar experiences in the last few months.

My point is more to do with having difficulty understanding exactly what they get out of it?

People cry off for many reasons, family issues, illness maybe they were d*unk when they arranged the meet and changed their mind in the cold light of day, maybe you said something which put them off you ... and of course some are fake.

What the fakes get out of it heaven only knows, but they are akin to 'tyre kickers' who come to look at the car you are flogging. You know they have no intention of buying it, but they come to have a look in any case - dreamers, wannabees ...life is full of them - not just swinging

Just read cheshmans last pist and we'd be very pissed off if that happened to us.

"Of course there are fake profiles on here, just the same as any other site, free or pay. It's just a fact of life, alwas was, always will be.

If people took this as the fun that it's meant to be they woulddn't always feel like their time had been 'wasted'

OK it's a bit of a pisser if you go to the trouble to arrange a meet and no-one turns up but to go to the extent of claiming that your time has been wasted because a few messages have been echanged then nothing .......

Get real for heavens sake "

Couldn't agree more!

hereford

I don't know if many others will be able to relate to this but it might account for some of the letdowns/no-shows.

When we went on our first few meets we were absolutely bricking it!!! I'm not even sure if we could explain why, because it really is quite irrational. We were both bursting with all sorts of mixed emotions, confidence would come and go, or maybe an attack of 'nice people don't do this sort of thing' etc.

However, as we are indeed a strong couple, or at least strong AS a couple, while one might be crashing the other would automatically support, that and the fact that if we make an arrangement we damn well keep to it is what got us to our first few meets.

Of course once we got to wherever there was never a problem, we just dive in lol. But the point I'm trying to make is that we can actually understand how some people can and do GENUINELY get cold feet when it comes to actually going to a meet with people with a view to having sex with them.

Not saying there are not loads of peeps out there pissing people around 'with intent' but also that there will also be genuine people with the best intentions who in the end just can't make the step.

I would much prefer to talk to the time wasters who dont meet and dont lie just keep on shuffling their feet about meeting than meet the ones that dont admit they are a couple, meet as seperates and then say you who had clearly not asked for a couple were wasting their time when they decided they as singles would approach you but all they wanted was to meet someone willing to play with a couple, their single profiles dont hint that this is all they want and then one of them says i hope we can be friends after lying to your face about their intentions. give me the ordinary time wasters any time :D

I suspect it could have something to do with an increase in membership.

That big ugly site for adult friends is total pants for getting meets but has a huge membership of pic collectors and cam watchers. I could imagine word is getting around that this site is actually good for meets so they're signing up here now and bringing their bad habits with them.

By *Ecouple113Couple  over a year ago

hebburn

We have had quys calling us timewasters BUT they dont realise that we have a life outside of FAB and that we hold down important jobs.....a lot of ppl on fab are free ALL DAY for obvious reasons apart from when they collect there benefit.

By *ot - CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"We have had quys calling us timewasters BUT they dont realise that we have a life outside of FAB and that we hold down important jobs.....a lot of ppl on fab are free ALL DAY for obvious reasons apart from when they collect there benefit. "
well said.

"We have had quys calling us timewasters BUT they dont realise that we have a life outside of FAB and that we hold down important jobs.....a lot of ppl on fab are free ALL DAY for obvious reasons apart from when they collect there benefit. "

*Their* benefit. I may be unemployed but I'm not stupid.

its not just couples,

we are finding the single men being a complete time wasters and theres one or to so called single girls that wont meet either

"its not just couples,

we are finding the single men being a complete time wasters and theres one or to so called single girls that wont meet either"

I've been in Bristol for two nights and have had 3 lovely single guys in that time. I think it is the luck of the draw, and getting to now each other.

I heard there are three clubs in Bristol. Maybe give them a whirl?

By *rica77Couple  over a year ago

Norwich

Absolutely, I play alone.... I am fed up of being let down by men. They seem to be all bold and raunchy on the site and as soon as a meet is organised wimp out at last minute. Grrrrr.....

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"We have had quys calling us timewasters BUT they dont realise that we have a life outside of FAB and that we hold down important jobs.....a lot of ppl on fab are free ALL DAY for obvious reasons apart from when they collect there benefit.

*Their* benefit. I may be unemployed but I'm not stupid."

Or judgemental

i wish i had an important job,then i could pay someone to cook,clean,wash,care for my disabled mother and son,and only come on here to judge others!

And the so called bi fems who have no pics or meets lol

By *ot - CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"We have had quys calling us timewasters BUT they dont realise that we have a life outside of FAB and that we hold down important jobs.....a lot of ppl on fab are free ALL DAY for obvious reasons apart from when they collect there benefit.

Or judgemental

i wish i had an important job,then i could pay someone to cook,clean,wash,care for my disabled mother and son,and only come on here to judge others! "

Any job is important in todays society its difficult enough holding onto it

Or judgemental "

If it's judgemental to point out ignorance then judge me as judgemental.

What, and indeed, evurrr.

By *rs WhiteCouple  over a year ago

South

Not been in here for a while, but the good old timewasters thread is still popping up i see!....lmao!

idea everyone gets photo verifed

"I would much prefer to talk to the time wasters who dont meet and dont lie just keep on shuffling their feet about meeting than meet the ones that dont admit they are a couple, meet as seperates and then say you who had clearly not asked for a couple were wasting their time when they decided they as singles would approach you but all they wanted was to meet someone willing to play with a couple, their single profiles dont hint that this is all they want and then one of them says i hope we can be friends after lying to your face about their intentions. give me the ordinary time wasters any time :D"

and breathe .......

yes i would say so.

i get loads of couples who send a mail saying 'nice body' or ' your local,lets chat' then when you do they just delete the mail.

also lots of couple profiles with just a man on them with a promise to send pics of the wife.

i dont trust these at all to be honest.

but one thing. with all the bi-female profiles i see and all the couples asking for a bi-female to join them why the shortage?

we have been swinging for afew years did this when you wrote to people from a contact magazine then went to clubs now also on a pay site so we know what we want from this and we consider timewasters to be the ones you chat with arrange to meet then disappear never to be heard of again

and have never got halfway to a meet and turned back.

v true chattycpl lol

true theres a lot of couples on here who arent couples at all!and with pics of other people on their profile!what really gets me is the couples who advertise there looking for a guy a to join them and then when u send them a nice polite message they block u WTF!

"we have been swinging for afew years did this when you wrote to people from a contact magazine then went to clubs now also on a pay site so we know what we want from this and we consider timewasters to be the ones you chat with arrange to meet then disappear never to be heard of again

and have never got halfway to a meet and turned back."

the problem is the ones who arrange meets then disappear will continue to do that here because this is a free site.

they dont so it on paid sites because they would have to pay again for a new name/profile.

but i understand what your saying.a woman i met recently told me about a guy who has been contacting her with a different profile for months.

but he alwys trips himself up and when she rumbles him blocks.but he's back a week later with a new one.

sad.

"Oh babe, I think the others are just not getting it are they? If a meet has been arranged and they dont show then later give a pathetic excuse i.e. had the wrong number etc, then they are time wasters. But as someone else said there are a lot out there that really only want to chat perhaps they are a bit lonely. I find you have to be really short with some people and tell them straight "I dont want to spend hours chatting I just want to meet and get on with it" and then there are some that are nice to chat to and make it plain you have no intentions of ever meeting them. 99% of the time it works for me. Good luck in the future "
well said

we are not time wasters, as we cannot get a couple to meet us , even though some of the profiles say up to 99yrs, we msg them and get nothing back at all ,so who are the time wasters not us, we would love to meet a nice couple??????????????????????

There is plenty of that here!

Sadly Fabswingers is getting alot of new profiles are just fakes, so easy for anyone to join here to collect pics and mess people around, paying memberships will cut downs fake sh!te

"Again this is why I arrange meets for clubs if no show or no click there is still plenty of fun to be had by both parties and find couples tricky its very hard to find a couple that you click with both people ie like wife but not husband etc gets too complicated.

Completely agree, we meet all our friends at Tease, don't understand why people take a chance on private meets with strangers. Nothing beats meeting people in the bar and then....."

Clubs and partys are a much better way to meet people and even if you don't get to play with anyone you are still socialising and enjoying yourselves.

Not sure how making people pay would prevent this. There are loads of pay sites and they have even worse problems with fake profiles! I am a member of one and get lots of messages from guys saying 'thanks for yoru message' and I never messaged them! The site has done it to get the blokes to renew their membership.

So don't blame the fact this is a free site for idiots and pic collectors. It happens everywhere.

I agree with you post 100%..cpls chat to us and then text etc leading us on to a meet then tell us oh BTW we dont actually play..."well then why the fuck did you keep chatting to us as if you were gonna meet us" thats the bit that drives me nuts....if your on for the thrill of the chase make it clear on your profile and flirt with like minded people who wanna play your games instead of playing ping pong text and emails with people that youve no intention of meeting with never mind play with..people need to be more honest on profiles instead of pretending theyre swingers ,......rant over back to looking for genuine cpls....

"true theres a lot of couples on here who arent couples at all!and with pics of other people on their profile!what really gets me is the couples who advertise there looking for a guy a to join them and then when u send them a nice polite message they block u WTF!"

I'm sure that when a couple advertise for a guy to join them, they will be inundated with volunteers. And if they're only looking for ONE guy, that's probably 99 unlucky ones. If they block you, don't take it personally, it just means that you're not the one they're looking for. The block at least means they have thought about you, and either you're not the lady's type, or the guy is intimidated by your six-pack LOL. The block saves you accidentally contacting the same couple again.

Keep volunteering, don't take blocks personally, and eventually you will reach out to the couple who are looking for you.

"We know where the original poster is coming from. We have chatted with several couples this year with a view to meeting. They are very chatty and all up for it, until that is actually setting a date, then it all goes quiet, no replies to messages or anything.

Its gotten so bad just lately that Karen has said enough's enough. We aren't meeting anyone at all for a couple of months, hopefully the user base may change

That is explained to anyone that contacts us and anyone on our friends list understands whats going on and are willing to wait."

wthis week alone we had been talking to a few couples and some bi / bi curious women on here, and as you say, all is gonig really well, and then we ask if they wish to meet, to which they say yes..so we then dontp ush, but simply suggest a few fee dtaes we have and ask if any are suitable..so we get the " yes so and so date is good", so we naturally then ask if we may speak to each other on the phone and say hello, swap details etc..and make arrangements..of ask for a couple of photos/facepics if were dealing with no photo profiles...then all of a sudden it just goes quiet, now I get it if you lose interest, but at least have the decency to message and say so we can move on ,otherwise were left wondering what we did wrong if anything ,as were very polite and friendly. have to say single women are the worst generally on here for this..so we lost al lthis week trying to meet one decent couple of woman till we finally gave up on saturday afternoon. why so much bullshit? its simple, message a bit, swap a few pics if meed be or put em up, and then talk on the phone, meet fuck go home or whatever..jeez.. its swinging not rocket science.

» Add a new message to this topic