FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Women who block for no apparent reason

Women who block for no apparent reason

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The following is aimed at single females who have blocked single guys.

I'd like to know what your thought process is following the scenario below:-

I read your profile. I ensure I meet all your criteria. I'm within your age range and I'm local to you.

I construct a well thought out, polite, message telling you a bit about myself and suggesting perhaps we can meet. I attach a face pic and duly send the message.

Days later, no reply ( fair enough we all have lives outside of fab)

I not my message hasn't been read.

I click on your profile to find that I've been blocked by you. You haven't read my message or even _iewed my profile so you know absolutely zilch about me.

I would like some feedback, from those women who have done this, as to why.

I'd like to add that this is not an isolated incident.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sometimes Fab feels an awful lot like Groundhog Day

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

You can unread read messages, you can look at profiles without being known to have done so... there are quite a few things people can do.

By *he_Raggedy_DoctorMan  over a year ago

Some where in West Sussex

Its called stealth mode lol

Personaly be grateful she blocked you as its closure and you can move on.

I just wish more ladies would block us saves keep sending messages after all like the OP said " lives outside of fab " and might not have time to read or reply.

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

Rather than read your message some women click on your profile first. If they don't like that why bother reading the message? Maybe ask for profile advice if this isn't a one off

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I just looked at your profile. You won't be able to tell as I look in stealth mode.

And just because you think you meet all my criteria, doesn't mean you actually do.

At least with a block you know where you stand.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Maybe delete your sent box to avoid stalking people you've messaged.

As stated above, she probably looked at your profile and thought 'not for me', and blocked so she didn't have to deal with an uncomfortable conversation when you quizzed her as to why she didn't want to meet.

You may think you fulfil her criteria, but how do you know you do? She chose not to reply - move on.

"Rather than read your message some women click on your profile first. If they don't like that why bother reading the message? Maybe ask for profile advice if this isn't a one off "
this... I always click on the profile before reading. Unless its a cock photo profile picture then I just ignore...

If the profile is okay.. we may read the message then.. but if not for us at all we will block after saying not for us... unless totally ignored our profile then we just block.

Don't you block women you don't like?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

there's always a reason apparent or not.

Nobody can tell you every reason a woman blocks.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Agree with others. People can look at your profile in stealth mode and you obviously weren't for them, it happens, unfortunately. People will just block, rather than get into a conversation about the whys and wherefore.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Sometimes Fab feels an awful lot like Groundhog Day"

Doesn't it just!

By *nequeenslutWoman  over a year ago

rugeley

reasons I block people

1.the message was abusive

2. text speak

3.copy and paste

4. the person has the IQ of an jelly fish

5.ordering me about making demands

6.NOT my type

By *D40Couple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I am a great believer in a polite "no thank you".

Profiles & criterias arent necessarily all encompassing. For instance the first things i check in no particular order are:

1. Can you accom.

2. Do you smoke.

3. How tall/ short are you.

4. Hair colour

5. Sexuality

6. Spelling & grammar

I am not interested in cock pics or heavily loaded sexually loaded text messages. These will get a block.

Happy swinging

Mrs _d40

If I was that woman? I'd have looked at your profile, but you can't see that, and possibly read your message, but maybe not based on whether I liked the profile. For whatever reason I'm not interested. I'm sure it's not you, it's me. Blocking ensures I don't waste any of your time by coming up in your searches, so really I'm doing you a favour.

I block men I am not interested in meeting. You may think you meet all the criteria for a meet but females can meet or not meet whomever they want. X

"Sometimes Fab feels an awful lot like Groundhog Day"

If you walk down a high street, in any town, smile & say hello, to everyone you pass, how many would smile back & how many would blank you?

On Fabs, you're after far more than a hello.

You can't just whack your bits out & hope or expect instant interest, then complain, when or if, it doesn't occur.

I'm not suggesting that's you, I'm simply saying some people don't feel they need to explain their actions. It's easier for them to just block.

You might not like it, but that's "Fabs" way.

By *ertsguy2000Man  over a year ago

hertford

"I am a great believer in a polite "no thank you".

Profiles & criterias arent necessarily all encompassing. For instance the first things i check in no particular order are:

1. Can you accom.

2. Do you smoke.

3. How tall/ short are you.

4. Hair colour

5. Sexuality

6. Spelling & grammar

I am not interested in cock pics or heavily loaded sexually loaded text messages. These will get a block.

Happy swinging

Mrs _d40"

Thank you

I do feel if you can take the time to block someone then surely you have the time to say a polite 'no thanks'.

HG

It's like receiving spam emails. You unsubscribe from sender so they don't keep sending. I guess it's along the same lines. You're just not their type but if they have 200 messages like that , it takes a bloody long time to keep replying - thanks but no thanks or something along those lines.

It's nothing personal it's just rationalising your time.

By *aughty cpl for funCouple  over a year ago

chester

The only reason we block straight away is if they go straight for the friend request button, our profile clearly states this.

If we don't like or not our type a simple thanks but no thanks is sent. Manners cost nothing Xxx

[Removed by poster at 31/01/17 18:34:04]

Oh there's always a reason, probably more than one. As you say they not apparent, to you....

Because we're all evil harpies from hell clearly.

Just a little inside info though OP; just because it doesn't say we _iewed your profile doesn't mean we didn't. Most ladies look in stealth. For example, I just looked at your profile and I guarantee I'm not in your 'who's looked at me' list.

Delete your sent messages and just focus on who does reply rather than who doesn't.

"

I do feel if you can take the time to block someone then surely you have the time to say a polite 'no thanks'.

HG"

We pretty much had this question yesterday on a "frisky" posted forum question.

I thought a button "thanks but no" with delete message and block, would solve & stop any abuse "why not".

Some argued the point, why would they waste their time, answering anything, they had no interest in, just delete.

Others, said they used message filters to block certain types contacting them anyway.

It's their choice.

Hi Phil, that's a lot of preparation and I'm sympathetic. To be honest, you'd probably have more luck by messaging "Fancy a fuck". After all, its a swinging site and that's what were all here for. And if she does, excellent. I had a friend years back who'd use the approach in bars. One in ten girls would say yes ... his hit rate was better than mine. Give it a shot

hertford

"Because we're all evil harpies from hell clearly. "

I bloody knew it, explains a lot.....

Wait, what exactly is a harpie??

HG

hertford

"

HG

I thought a button "thanks but no" with delete message and block, would solve & stop any abuse "why not".

Some argued the point, why would they waste their time, answering anything, they had no interest in, just delete.

Others, said they used message filters to block certain types contacting them anyway.

It's their choice.

"

Yup everyone's perogative, I just feel a 'no thanks' is that difficult, maybe a no thanks button is a good solution. If they reply to the no thanks with anything along the lines of 'why' then block away.

Admittedly I am looking at this from my perspective with hardly any messages, I know some of you guys and girls get 100's !!

HG

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

There's always a reason people get blocked, don't dwell on it, there's nothing you can do to change it.

"

Admittedly I am looking at this from my perspective with hardly any messages, I know some of you guys and girls get 100's !!

HG"

Yup. I have been on for, what, 20mins today? And I have had 23 messages. You just can't reply to them all. And, if they are from knobs who chat shit and don't pay attention to my preferences, I will block them.

London

"

HG

It's their choice.

Yup everyone's perogative, I just feel a 'no thanks' is that difficult, maybe a no thanks button is a good solution. If they reply to the no thanks with anything along the lines of 'why' then block away.

HG"

Hitting 'delete' on a message is EXACTLY the same as hitting a button that says no thanks.

London

Oh, and as someone today said far better than I could, I'm here for sex, not admin.

I read messages. I check profile.

If i get a good vibe from pic and profile text i will reply.

If the profile text makes the fella sound like a weird psycho then i block.

Just because i'm on a sex site it doesn't mean my legs part like the Red Sea on Miracle day.

And if youndon't block you get endless messages asking why haven't you replied, or they call you names because you're not grateful to receive their attention.

And we get shitloads of messages. SHITLOADS. If we responded to each and every message we'd need to employ admin staff and an IT team.

Just stop overthinking it men will you? It's not necessarily you, maybe we just can't be arsed.

"Oh, and as someone today said far better than I could, I'm here for sex, not admin."

Love this

I do it and most of the time it's when nature calls and I block anyone and everyone

What we think as meeting all requirements is just that ..we think ....I'm in no rush if someone wants to chat to me and I meet their criteria then I'm sure they'll be in touch ...life's to short to worry ....if she chose to block then maybe physically you didn't meet all criteria

By *lowercandyWoman  over a year ago

Lancashire

Pretty much what's been covered.

I don't show when I check your profile. Something within your narrative or photos makes me sudden/roll my eyes....

You may (think) you tick my boxes but if the gut feeling is I'd be wasting everyones time then no..

Sometimes I'll just block

On the whole I'll reply with no thank you but still block as I don't want the abuse/begging/pestering from those who aren't man enough

Best advice you've been given

Delete all sent

Stop checking up on people

Just keep moving forward

"Just stop overthinking it men will you? It's not necessarily you, maybe we just can't be arsed."

I'd say about 90% of the time I can't be arsed.

"You can unread read messages, you can look at profiles without being known to have done so... there are quite a few things people can do."

How do you do that. Maybe I've read Fab wrong in that I thought people would be honest and open.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

More often than not, it's a blessing.

"Rather than read your message some women click on your profile first. If they don't like that why bother reading the message? Maybe ask for profile advice if this isn't a one off "

So are you saying that someone can look at my profile without me knowing? I thought all the people who look at my profile are shown to me.

there is always a reason. it's just not apparent to you...

London

"Rather than read your message some women click on your profile first. If they don't like that why bother reading the message? Maybe ask for profile advice if this isn't a one off

So are you saying that someone can look at my profile without me knowing? I thought all the people who look at my profile are shown to me."

No, it's possible to look in stealth mode.

"Rather than read your message some women click on your profile first. If they don't like that why bother reading the message? Maybe ask for profile advice if this isn't a one off

So are you saying that someone can look at my profile without me knowing? I thought all the people who look at my profile are shown to me."

nope...we're hidden and look with impunity...it's ace and stops all those "see you looked" messages...

By *xyzptlk088Man  over a year ago

Galway

Dude women are strange yokes don't stress about it

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

OP, if you go to privacy settings in the account section you should see 'show up on who has looked at me'. That's how you ninja _iew.

"You can unread read messages, you can look at profiles without being known to have done so... there are quite a few things people can do.

How do you do that. Maybe I've read Fab wrong in that I thought people would be honest and open."

https://www.fabswingers.com/my/privacy

Top of the list. Nothing to do with honesty and everything to do with being able to browse profiles without all and sundry asking you why you don't message them. learn to use the site tools.

"Maybe delete your sent box to avoid stalking people you've messaged.

As stated above, she probably looked at your profile and thought 'not for me', and blocked so she didn't have to deal with an uncomfortable conversation when you quizzed her as to why she didn't want to meet.

You may think you fulfil her criteria, but how do you know you do? She chose not to reply - move on."

I don't stalk people and I don't follow up with a conversation as to why they haven't replied. How could they reply if the havent even read my original message. If you re read my original posting you will see I'm trying to understand why someone blocks without _iewing my profile or reading my message.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

It's easier sailing through Fab oblivious to who has blocked you. I very rarely click on profiles and if I do and am blocked. I smile and don't give them another thought.

Something I said pissed them off, or I am bi, or whatever. Their choice.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"You can unread read messages, you can look at profiles without being known to have done so... there are quite a few things people can do.

How do you do that. Maybe I've read Fab wrong in that I thought people would be honest and open."

It's got nothing to do with dishonesty or lack of openness (and frankly I fail to see how either come into play here) and everything to do with utilising the site's tools to suit the needs of the individual.

If the ability to look in stealth mode didn't exist there are a number of single males that would immediately pounce on anyone looking at them, taking it as a sign of interest.

Likewise with marking mails as unread there are some here that would pounce as soon as a message was read demanding to know why a reply hadn't been sent. In fact I know of someone that was sent a message and 20 mins later received a second one asking why it had not been read yet!!

Starting to get the picture OP?

By *lor2Woman  over a year ago

London

Some woman are plain rude!

A no thank you is all you have to say although i know i blocked people so i know we have talk to each other and we do not chat again in the future

"Maybe delete your sent box to avoid stalking people you've messaged.

You may think you fulfil her criteria, but how do you know you do? She chose not to reply - move on.

I don't stalk people and I don't follow up with a conversation as to why they haven't replied. How could they reply if the havent even read my original message. If you re read my original posting you will see I'm trying to understand why someone blocks without _iewing my profile or reading my message."

And you've been told several times that she has,, in all likelihood, both read your message and your profile, and decided not to meet. Stop obsessing about the messages you send and concentrate on the ones you receive.

"Don't you block women you don't like? "

No I don't block women I don't like. What is the point in that?

I'm straight but I still get guys messaging asking to suck I my cock. I always reply and say thank you but no thank you. It's called being courteous

London

Well, we have the 'looked at me' covered now and as for reading messages, once a profile is looked at, messages are deleted unread or marked as unread.

Just don't check, it's not worth it. Send messages and that's it. You'll either get a reply or you won't.

There actually probably is a reason for them blocking you whether you can see that or not. It's usually just easier for them to just block us as they know we aren't what they are looking for so it saves both theirs and our time which is understandably easier.

'For no apparent reason'

Whenever I see this, I think

'There is obviously a reason'

Some choose not share their reasoning with others

No one is entitled to being provided with a response, let alone a reason

Best way forward ?

Think 'ah well' and get back to looking for others that might be interested

"reasons I block people

2. text speak

3.copy and paste

6.NOT my type

"

But my point is they haven't even _iewed my profile or read my sodding message.

London

"reasons I block people

2. text speak

3.copy and paste

6.NOT my type

But my point is they haven't even _iewed my profile or read my sodding message."

Are you missing some of the posts here?

"Don't you block women you don't like?

No I don't block women I don't like. What is the point in that?

I'm straight but I still get guys messaging asking to suck I my cock. I always reply and say thank you but no thank you. It's called being courteous "

From the site FAQs https://www.fabswingers.com/articles/FAQ#noreply

It's not rude not to reply.

Some ladies and couples get hundreds of messages a day so it simply isn't possible for them to reply to everyone. If you don't get a response, you should assume they aren't interested. If you're getting a lot of "no-replies" then you should consider your profile and the messages you send. Are they giving the right message? Are you standing out from the thousands of other guys on here?

"reasons I block people

2. text speak

3.copy and paste

6.NOT my type

Are you missing some of the posts here?"

He's ignoring the stuff he doesn't want to read.

By *lowercandyWoman  over a year ago

Lancashire

"

But my point is they haven't even _iewed my profile or read my sodding message."

And you are missing our points

You THINK we haven't looked at your profile or read the message...

I would bet most of us replying have checked your profile today but how many do YOU see on your list !!!

"I read messages. I check profile.

Just because i'm on a sex site it doesn't mean my legs part like the Red Sea on Miracle day.

And if youndon't block you get endless messages asking why haven't you replied, or they call you names because you're not grateful to receive their attention.

And we get shitloads of messages. SHITLOADS. If we responded to each and every message we'd need to employ admin staff and an IT team.

Just stop overthinking it men will you? It's not necessarily you, maybe we just can't be arsed.

Arrrrghhh! But they haven't evening read the sodiing message or apparently _iewed my profile. Ok if there is a stealth mode on Fab then I'm not privy to it. I would like to be.

"

"reasons I block people

2. text speak

3.copy and paste

6.NOT my type

How do you know that? Probably _iewed in stealth mode, read message, set to unread and delete. Easy enough to do.

"The following is aimed at single females who have blocked single guys.

I'd like to know what your thought process is following the scenario below:-

I read your profile. I ensure I meet all your criteria. I'm within your age range and I'm local to you.

I construct a well thought out, polite, message telling you a bit about myself and suggesting perhaps we can meet. I attach a face pic and duly send the message.

Days later, no reply ( fair enough we all have lives outside of fab)

I not my message hasn't been read.

I click on your profile to find that I've been blocked by you. You haven't read my message or even _iewed my profile so you know absolutely zilch about me.

I would like some feedback, from those women who have done this, as to why.

I'd like to add that this is not an isolated incident."

They probably have show me on who _iewed my profile turned off, looked at your profile and decided you were not for them.

Move on

London

Arrrrghhh! But they haven't evening read the sodiing message or apparently _iewed my profile. Ok if there is a stealth mode on Fab then I'm not privy to it. I would like to be.

"

Someone has covered that for you up there ^^^^

"

And you are missing our points

You THINK we haven't looked at your profile or read the message...

I would bet most of us replying have checked your profile today but how many do YOU see on your list !!!

"

Someone has covered that for you up there ^^^^"

Several times

Right everone. I think we can draw a line under this topic. Thank you for all your input. Now I've discovered stealth mode it answers a lot of questions. Stealth mode does seem a bit creepy but if that's the deal then I get it.

Ps to quote one of the posters.....

Does anyone fancy a fuck?

Account - privacy settings - hide on looked at me.

You're welcome.

By *ransGuyTV/TS  over a year ago

Cardiff

I'm starting to wonder if the reason you get blocked is because you read their profiles as well as you read the replies you are being given here, as in not very well/not at all...

I looked

Some people on here overthink way too much or actually take this shit way too seriously!! I just send a message, delete it in my sent message box then forget about it. I either get a reply or I don't, it really is that simple. If I get blocked I probably wouldn't know anyway (or give a toss)! There is always a reason for someone blocking another person.

By *ransGuyTV/TS  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Right everone. I think we can draw a line under this topic. Thank you for all your input. Now I've discovered stealth mode it answers a lot of questions. Stealth mode does seem a bit creepy but if that's the deal then I get it.

Ps to quote one of the posters.....

Does anyone fancy a fuck? "

Finally!

And it's not creepy at all, it helps stop creepy guys, oh nevermind, it's already been explained why it's a very useful feature.

Just take this site as a bit of fun, not serious, just chill and get on with real life and check back every now and again. If you get a meet then bonus, if not then who cares? It's just a *chance* at a bit of extra fun, that's all

» Add a new message to this topic