FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > New gonorrhoea strain resistant to all available antibiotics

New gonorrhoea strain resistant to all available antibiotics

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Some interesting reading. Taken from Yahoo.

"An international team of scientists has discovered a new strain of the sexually transmitted infection (STI) gonorrhoea that is resistant to all currently available antibiotics.

Gonorrhoea is currently a widespread but easily treatable condition. It is estimated to be one of the most common STIs in the world, with around 700,000 cases annually in the US alone.

Scientists successfully identified a previously unknown variant of the bacterium that causes gonorrhoea, Neisseria gonorrhoeae. This new strain, called H041, was found to have extreme resistance to all cephalosporin-class antibiotics, the last remaining drugs still effective in treating gonorrhoea.

Commenting on the findings, study leader Dr Makoto Ohnishi said: "This is both an alarming and a predictable discovery - since antibiotics became the standard treatment for gonorrhoea in the 1940s, this bacterium has shown a remarkable capacity to develop resistance mechanisms to all drugs introduced to control it."

He warned that new treatments need to be developed to meet the threat posed by the new bug.

"The history of newly emergent resistance in the bacterium suggests that it may spread rapidly unless new drugs and effective treatment programs are developed," Dr Ohnishi said.

If left untreated, gonorrhoea can lead to serious and irreversible health complications in both women and men.

For instance, in women it can cause chronic pelvic pain and ectopic pregnancy. It can lead to infertility, mostly in women but also in men, and it increases the risk of HIV transmission. In 3 to 4% of cases untreated infections spread to the skin, blood, joints, or even the heart, and can cause potentially mortal lesions.

Results of the study will be presented at the 19th conference of the International Society for Sexually Transmitted Disease Research (ISSTDR) in Quebec City, Canada."

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We've got a thread already

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/63002

so there is..

but no links or information in that thread.

By *agman n angelCouple  over a year ago

benidorm

excellent reason why its suicidal to play bare back

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

"excellent reason why its suicidal to play bare back"

My first thought was "As long as you play safe you've got nothing to worry about... but would that be blissfully ignorant?

By *agman n angelCouple  over a year ago

benidorm

isnt it one and the same?

A condom ain`t gona protect me from getting the clap completely...just reduce the risk methinks..

By *unksAliveCouple  over a year ago

york

think theres a lot more chance of catching something uptown from the local lads n lasses than the responsible genuine swingers

"excellent reason why its suicidal to play bare back"

The infection is transmitted from one person to another through vaginal, ORAL, or anal sex.

not just limited to barebacking.

"excellent reason why its suicidal to play bare back

The infection is transmitted from one person to another through vaginal, ORAL, or anal sex.

not just limited to barebacking.

"

see still think the only totally safe sex is no sex at all

"think theres a lot more chance of catching something uptown from the local lads n lasses than the responsible genuine swingers"

Now that statement is something we all need to think about.

Your definition of a responsible genuine swinger is?

No one is THAT responsible. Many play without protection even if its just oral. I wonder how many go get tested EVERY month too?

You have no idea of your playmates sexual history when you meet them - so unless you have a recent test results from them, do you still play?

Of course its all risk taking... no matter how low, theres still that risk.

Next time, ask your playmates about their knowledge of sti's first.. you can then see how informed and how responsible they are.

TBH, i dont know which is what and how its caught, but i do get tested.. perhaps i better become a more responsible swinger, and go find out the facts and definitions.

"think theres a lot more chance of catching something uptown from the local lads n lasses than the responsible genuine swingers

Now that statement is something we all need to think about.

Your definition of a responsible genuine swinger is?

No one is THAT responsible. Many play without protection even if its just oral. I wonder how many go get tested EVERY month too?

You have no idea of your playmates sexual history when you meet them - so unless you have a recent test results from them, do you still play?

Of course its all risk taking... no matter how low, theres still that risk.

Next time, ask your playmates about their knowledge of sti's first.. you can then see how informed and how responsible they are.

TBH, i dont know which is what and how its caught, but i do get tested.. perhaps i better become a more responsible swinger, and go find out the facts and definitions."

I get confused about testing , i get checked about every 4 months and then it puts me out of action for 4 weeks , 2 weeks after last time i had sex to getting tested then 2 weeks till i get results is this not the way to do it then ??

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

We're all Doomed.....Doomed I tell ya Doomed!

» Add a new message to this topic