FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > time wasters

time wasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

why dont fab have/start a section to name and shame time wasters ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

It would hardly be fair and would just turn into a mass brawl!

People have different definitions of timewasting as well

There are many threads on this subjrct have a look through the forums for them xx

Because your definition of a time waster might differ from mine and others ...

What do you class as a time waster and why would you want to shame them ?

Dont you think such a facility could be a tad open to abuse ??

I've never heard of such a stupid idea !

name n shame board would be a nightmare....cos everyones got a different definition of a timewaster...and would be a nightmare to moderate.

Chill OP it happens to us all being let down, move on and dont let it bother you!! there is no point.

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

whats up with these single guys letting couples down ..I got the straight jacket ready

MR X

Yeah,it happens to us all.As the song says pick yourself up, dust yourself down and start all over again.Just put it down to experience.Besides,the site has a no name n shame rule.

Trace & Ric

XXXX

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

cant ask you privately as you have your single guy thing on ..but where did you get that fab german uniform with the hat ?

MR X

As said...

To many different ways to call someone a timewaster lol..

Would be ugly at best......

not just the guys

its also the woman

are time wasters

got a few on my list say they would meet

but they don't a few weeks later they say its theirs work but their just making excuses cant they just no say they don't want 2 meet an that be it

think its unfair but their lost

The site doesn't need a name and shame board as they are always abused, if someone says something you don't like you tell lies about them, well not you or me but some would. some people have been known to call people timewasters just because they decline to meet someone, there are always two sides to every story.

It does however have a block button, click it and the person you believe to be a timewaster can no longer contact you or talk to you in the chatroom

@ unusual_suspect

That doesn't sound like time wasting to us, just because someone hasn't arranged to meet you within two weeks of becoming your friend doesn't make them time wasters? If they had arranged to meet you and never turned up then you could call them timewasters.

By *enchWoman  over a year ago

wirral

I think perhaps it's that kind of attitude that makes people reluctant to meet.

As a single female, I don't have to meet anyone I don't like the sound of in emails, don't like the look of, are out of my age range, too far away - same as everyone else does! But it is harder for single females.

Some, and I repeat SOME, men (and couples) expect your mobile and msn in the first email or a meet that night or the next day!

My answer is always the same - NO! Unfortunately, not everyone knows the meaning of this small word.

If by exchanging a few emails on here first makes me a timewaster, then fine! If wanting to have a first meet and not jump into bed with you there and then makes me a time waster - fine!! Just because I am on a swingers site does not make me a sure thing or desperate!

Things crop up that you can't control in all our lives - it doesn't make us timewasters, it makes us human! If you don't like it - then this is probably not the place for you!

still is class as time wasters in my book

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

lol usual suspect id definetly be a timewaster in your book, most of my meets have taken much longer than two weeks to arrange. As has been said before this would be open to abuse especially if people had fallings outxxkarenx

I want to say now, that there will be no naming and shaming under any circumstances, I will remove any post that even hints at it, and stop the poster posting again if nesersary

S&A

Damn... he's good!

Mmmm dont ya just love it when he gets all masterful lol

spelling needs a tweak mind lol...

By *ocalMan  over a year ago

North West

i think a person can take as long as they like to chat/swop emails/msn and the likes before they meet up with some one, if they want to do that for months on end that is there business, tho i do get board myself after 20-30 emails and its getting no where, but if that what the other person thinks it takes to make sure they are comfy and have picked the right partner for them then so be it, i have had cples and single guys call me a timewaster for saying "no thanks" to them straight away, witch strangely enough i think telling them straight away stops them wasting there time, go figure, also had a single girl do similar because i didn't respond to a wink she sent me, also have one cple, close to where i live, who have sent me the same copied and pasted email about 15 times, the 1st 3 or 4 times i replied with a no thanks, then started to ignore the emails, then got a proper nasty email of them calling me a time waster, ignorant, its people like you that give us all a bad name etc etc, i ignored it then a few weeks later the same copied and pasted emails started again.

but no, i think a name and shame section just wouldn't work at all, you have to make your own judgement on people, and if and when you get it wrong then put it down to experience

as said already, if ya think someones a time waster block them and move on, its not rocket science...

you can always report folks to admin also..so they can keep a record.

oooh Notts that was un-nesersary lmao

i quite enjoy time wasting, it clogs my day up, gives me something to do. anyway wanna be timewasted send me a email xx

arrrh bugger the spelling...lol

theres only one definition of a time waster and thats anyone who don't want to shag me lol

seriously tho i remember a old site i was on many many years ago that had a name and shame board and people was putting up people they had met who didn't have sex with them and alsorts, to me if i meet someone and theyn decide not to play with me i dont class them as a time waster just because i didnt float their boat, seems some do tho

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I volunteer to be stuarts spelling teacherxxxxxx

my wife and i like to become mates with people we meet first,so,does the fact we don't jump into bed with people on a first meet make us timewasters?? xxx

No to name and shame board.

Going to start a new thread on time wasting xx

"my wife and i like to become mates with people we meet first,so,does the fact we don't jump into bed with people on a first meet make us timewasters?? xxx"

Nope..

By *eznhannahCouple  over a year ago

leeds

to be honest we dont have the time or inclination to get in to e mail tennis and keep up long dialogues with people in the hope we might be compatible, not when you can to any club and have great sex the same night,  we are young fit friendly and up for it,looking for same, enough said, we are not really looking for long term friendship, we already have lots of friends, but wouldnt call anyone who likes to take more time than we do a timewaster, a timewaster in our eyes is someone who arranges to meet and lets you down at very last minute or doesnt call at all with any explanation, no there should not be a name and shame policy, but should be a complaints policy where say 5 verified people complain about same person independently to admin of site that person be removed, or named,

"I volunteer to be stuarts spelling teacherxxxxxx"

necessary

necessary

necessary

lol

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

"I volunteer to be stuarts spelling teacherxxxxxx

necessary

necessary

necessary

lol"

Always remember.............. necessary....... 1 collar, 2 socks!

**Maddie..imparting her rther weird teaching methods on the man with the skirt**

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

In my opinion, there's timewasters and there's wannabes:

Someone telling you they wanna meet - then keep you hanging on for 6 months to a year while they "try to make up their mind" or "try to sort a few things" while you observe them meeting others are wannabes. Just tell me NO, I can handle rejection - I know i'm not everyone's cup of tea.

Time-wasters on the other hand DO arrange to meet you then either cancel on you time after time (at the last time, ie, same day) or never turn up and never contact you and usually, offer no apology.

One lady I went to meet in Cheltenham had me waiting at the station from 2.45pm to 7.45 pm when I got last train back to London - only to text me at 10.10pm to say she had a problem with her phone (no landline? couldn't come find me?) but still didn't apologise.

Another lady I went to see in Newcastle was doubting me the whole 4 or so hors on the train checking I was really coming as she "didn't appreciate timewasters". Eventually when I got there she didn't pick up her phone either - I stayed on the platform 2 hrs then headed back to London. She phoned 2 days later that "something came up".

As for a name-and-shame wall/thread, I wouldn't say its a stupid idea, it however unworkable and open to abuse. Who verifies what information is true and what is fiction?

I have recently played email tennis with a couple and I offered loads of opportunities for a meeting to occur and i got nothing back, it seemed like i was sending 2-3 messages to their one.

So I eased off a bit and didn't send anything and they come back saying they assumed I had met someone else as I hadn't messaged them recently.

Then the tennis continued until finally I have told em forget it, gone on too long too many missed opprotunities.

In my opinion timewaster.

The funny thing is it states on their profile they don't like timewasters....

oh dear.

If they did I would nominate the origniator of this thread as a timewaster, having read through the profile of what should be like minded people I found it full of shouting, and even threats of violence, definetely not they type of people I want to meet so my time reading the profile was totally wasted.

Yep as people have said it is each persons definition of timewasting and this has been one example which many would find unjust but mud sticks, the name and shame threads some sites have are totally open to abuse, there are generally 2 sides to every story.

"still is class as time wasters in my book"

And that proves the point as to why name and shame would never work. 2 people, with both what they perceive a perfectly valid definition of timewaster but worlds apart.

"If they did I would nominate the origniator of this thread as a timewaster, having read through the profile of what should be like minded people I found it full of shouting, and even threats of violence, definetely not they type of people I want to meet so my time reading the profile was totally wasted.

"

I'm sorry but why would anyone reply to that. An implied threat of violence, lovely.

Time wasters lol we see so many profile with "no time wasters please" yet when we reply to there add not even a no thx ok we might not be for them but takes 1min to reply, so we kinda think they have wasted our time. We could go on and on but we will not as we might be wasting your time lol.... happy swinging and "dont let them grind ya down"

john & shaz x

We'd never read that profile lol...

Wow... Some issues there thats a fact. Confusing, demanding.. Not even sure which ones which as in male and female lol.. Ones Bi ones not ff's.. who then?? Ohh and the thing about pictures.. then only some of the wife.. ooooookayyyy lol..

Wonder why they get timewasters.... Yet the same profile better done less aggressive less demanding etc I reckon would attract far better attention...

Still.. there mess is our gain we say lol...

"We'd never read that profile lol...

Wow... Some issues there thats a fact. Confusing, demanding.. Not even sure which ones which as in male and female lol.. Ones Bi ones not ff's.. who then?? Ohh and the thing about pictures.. then only some of the wife.. ooooookayyyy lol..

Wonder why they get timewasters.... Yet the same profile better done less aggressive less demanding etc I reckon would attract far better attention...

Still.. there mess is our gain we say lol...

"

Ooooh careful Notts else you might not be leaving via the door lmao

Ooooh god...what if they live in a highrise! ouch

belive this or not we have been swinging a number of years and never had our time wasted. myb we are not sure what it means, we have never been let down or stood up. we have exchanged emails that have led no where but thats just swinging to me

"

Ooooh careful Notts else you might not be leaving via the door lmao"

Im an inch taller... and probably a fair bit wider.. lets hope the windows are big and low lol...

By *mcouple1Couple  over a year ago

nr warrington

just read that profile from the top

omg talk about pressure we have seen cpls like this in clubs who are like cat and dog at the end of the night

i,m happy to see my girl happy and vice versa thats swinging

» Add a new message to this topic