FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > DIY STI testing

DIY STI testing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was just browsing the opening hours of my local clinic and noticed that they now offer a test at home kit. It's completely free and is posted to your house. You complete the necessary tests and post it back and they text your results within 7 days.

Anyone tried it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"I was just browsing the opening hours of my local clinic and noticed that they now offer a test at home kit. It's completely free and is posted to your house. You complete the necessary tests and post it back and they text your results within 7 days.

Anyone tried it? "

Yes we have quick easy and didn't have to wait at the clinic

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wish my clinic did this it would save me so much time

"I wish my clinic did this it would save me so much time "

you can just order them online, or some pharmacies give away some but with limited tests..

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Our health borough only offer them to under 25s. Think because they don't use the testing facilities for whatever reason, so they encourage at home testing.

"Our health borough only offer them to under 25s. Think because they don't use the testing facilities for whatever reason, so they encourage at home testing. "

I am in Rochford and I did notice when I ordered it that it excluded Southend and I did wonder why.

By *teve261970Man  over a year ago

Gateshead

"I was just browsing the opening hours of my local clinic and noticed that they now offer a test at home kit. It's completely free and is posted to your house. You complete the necessary tests and post it back and they text your results within 7 days.

Anyone tried it? "

My question would be, what is the extent of what they test for? Aren't they best for those people that like bareback

Anyone tried it?

My question would be, what is the extent of what they test for? Aren't they best for those people that like bareback

"

why? if people were barebacking surely they would be better at a clinic where the scope was wider to include HIV etc..obviously you cant do a blood test on yourself! they are predominantly aimed at under 25's because of the prevalance of chlamydia. Its pretty easy to treat so the whole thing can be done very discreetly,which appeals to younger people..

"

"

I'd be very worried about only meeting people if they thought testing was only if you've had unprotected sex

The home kids test for gonorrhoea, syphilis, chlamydia and HIV

*kits

"

I'd be very worried about only meeting people if they thought testing was only if you've had unprotected sex

The home kids test for gonorrhoea, syphilis, chlamydia and HIV"

ive never seen home kits for HIV that are free? the only ones ive seen are about £30?

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

Yes the home kit does/can be for hiv too, it was optional for mine but I chose to. I was stood for a fair amount of time, preparing myself to push on the thing to prick my finger though! I don't mind doctors/nurses doing it, but doing that myself was a nightmare.

Yes I've done the home test, sent it back and was able to track it online too, then received a text with the results. Was simple, effective and quicker than going to a clinic and waiting for the results.

I can't post the link but search for SH24

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

"

ive never seen home kits for HIV that are free? the only ones ive seen are about £30? "

I think it depends on the area you live in, I had to put my postcode in to see whether my area was covered.

"

ive never seen home kits for HIV that are free? the only ones ive seen are about £30? "

just looking them up now, they have newer ones that some areas give free..thats really brilliant!

"Yes the home kit does/can be for hiv too, it was optional for mine but I chose to. I was stood for a fair amount of time, preparing myself to push on the thing to prick my finger though! I don't mind doctors/nurses doing it, but doing that myself was a nightmare.

Yes I've done the home test, sent it back and was able to track it online too, then received a text with the results. Was simple, effective and quicker than going to a clinic and waiting for the results."

yes, i think i'd hate the finger prick! im lucky, my nearest clinic is in a big hospital , no queues and never waited more than 3 days for results..but i know areas not as urban arent as easily served..

» Add a new message to this topic