FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Demanding profiles ???

Demanding profiles ???

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

After reading through a lot and I mean a lot of female and couples profiles , I’ve found it soooooo demanding !!!

I’ll block if you don’t

I’ll block if you do

I’ll block if this wow wow .... is it just me or does this come across wrong swinging is meant too be fun

Or am I just reading wrong I understand preferences and all but come on lol .....

Thoughts pls

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I have been on Fab two and a half years and have never blocked anyone

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Agreed if a profile is too negative or too demanding i'll usually pass it by and just perv pics if they are hot

"I have been on Fab two and a half years and have never blocked anyone "

Me I’ve blocked 2 but that was only because they constantly sent me extremely strange messages constantly lol

But other than that I don’t see the point

"Agreed if a profile is too negative or too demanding i'll usually pass it by and just perv pics if they are hot "

Ha ha it sure gives a negative vibe

By *emel9Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

My favourite is.... you'll be ignored or blocked if you don't have a face pic on your profile or in your message...when their profile has no pics on it, either public or private.

Makes me laugh.

"My favourite is.... you'll be ignored or blocked if you don't have a face pic on your profile or in your message...when their profile has no pics on it, either public or private.

Makes me laugh."

YES ha ha this exactly I’m glad it’s not just me

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Agreed if a profile is too negative or too demanding i'll usually pass it by and just perv pics if they are hot "

I'm exactly the same. I actually find it to be a pretty good filter for who I want to message

"Agreed if a profile is too negative or too demanding i'll usually pass it by and just perv pics if they are hot

I'm exactly the same. I actually find it to be a pretty good filter for who I want to message"

The majority are here for their own pleasure.

I see ranty profiles and wonder if we are likely to be compatible. I assume not then generally block so I know there was something in their profile that didn't agree with me.

"The majority are here for their own pleasure.

I see ranty profiles and wonder if we are likely to be compatible. I assume not then generally block so I know there was something in their profile that didn't agree with me.

"

I like your use of the block feature I just know also demanding ranting profiles I’d never entertain it takes the excitement away .

By *emel9Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

Just imagine what they'd be like if you met, and got the drinks order wrong lol

By *homas1923Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

agreed .. there is no need to be horrible .. it's supposed to be fun after all

I absolutely love them. Without them, this Place would be boring.

They're a hilarious read sometimes, yes we have preferences, but with all the check lists they have, sone are looking for a needle in a haystack.

Good luck to them.

"My favourite is.... you'll be ignored or blocked if you don't have a face pic on your profile or in your message...when their profile has no pics on it, either public or private.

Makes me laugh."

Agree with you on this.

Makes me laugh.

Agree with you on this.

That's my favourite too.

"

By *homas1923Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

probably get it thrown over you lol

"I absolutely love them. Without them, this Place would be boring.

They're a hilarious read sometimes, yes we have preferences, but with all the check lists they have, sone are looking for a needle in a haystack.

Good luck to them.

"

Lol definitely agree with hilarious read check list lol

"Just imagine what they'd be like if you met, and got the drinks order wrong lol"

Ha ha stir it don’t shake it

1 ice cube

S_ine the flipping glass first

Ha ha ha

"probably get it thrown over you lol"

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

It's the attitude of

We think we're offering more than we'll get so harp on with their do's and don't or else

I usually stop reading and look at someone elses profile

Up their own arse springs to mind and I wouldn't be interested in meeting people like that anyway

"It's the attitude of

We think we're offering more than we'll get so harp on with their do's and don't or else

I usually stop reading and look at someone elses profile

Up their own arse springs to mind and I wouldn't be interested in meeting people like that anyway "

I totally agree THE attitude!!!!

Yes they do come across as up their own arse but half I wouldn’t take a second glance at if I’m a vanilla club I don’t jump through hoops for no one unless I choose too lol

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Those are the profiles we totally avoid. The profile text along with the rest of the profile is how we get our first impression, if it’s all ranty then that’s how we assume they’ll be.

Yep, attitude-laden, ranty profiles are a huge turn-off - and to generalise, they are mostly from women who come across as though they think they are "all that", but in reality are - dare I say it - a pug-ugly, fat munter!

I guess they can afford to be choosy on this site though as some guys will quite obviously stick their cocks in anyone!

"Yep, attitude-laden, ranty profiles are a huge turn-off - and to generalise, they are mostly from women who come across as though they think they are "all that", but in reality are - dare I say it - a pug-ugly, fat munter!

I guess they can afford to be choosy on this site though as some guys will quite obviously stick their cocks in anyone!"

I’d agree with thinking they are all that lol fat munter oh dear oh dear lol that’s harsh lol

I don't have on my profile that I will block anyone for anything. I oftenblock people I know I,m never going to meet, I don't see anything wrong with that.

I have on my profile, I don't host, I don't have a female friend to bring for FFM and I don't do anal. I think that's all fair enough and not demanding XXX

"Those are the profiles we totally avoid. The profile text along with the rest of the profile is how we get our first impression, if it’s all ranty then that’s how we assume they’ll be. "

Definitely agree with first impression I look for banter and fun tho saying that if my vari’s are Read I would come across ass totally nuts lol

It always comes across to me as a threat when people state in their profiles that they will block if someone does something they don’t like.

Mrs

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"Those are the profiles we totally avoid. The profile text along with the rest of the profile is how we get our first impression, if it’s all ranty then that’s how we assume they’ll be.

Definitely agree with first impression I look for banter and fun tho saying that if my vari’s are Read I would come across ass totally nuts lol "

You? Nuts? Never!

They're people who are afraid of anything they don't know.or can't control. They like to think they're here to try something new, but they're kidding themselves.

They're the sort of people who go to Spain and drink in English style pubs whilst dining nightly on fish n chips.

"Yep, attitude-laden, ranty profiles are a huge turn-off - and to generalise, they are mostly from women who come across as though they think they are "all that", but in reality are - dare I say it - a pug-ugly, fat munter!

I guess they can afford to be choosy on this site though as some guys will quite obviously stick their cocks in anyone!

I’d agree with thinking they are all that lol fat munter oh dear oh dear lol that’s harsh lol "

Harsh but fair!

By *carlettxWoman  over a year ago

Essex

"After reading through a lot and I mean a lot of female and couples profiles , I’ve found it soooooo demanding !!!

I’ll block if you don’t

I’ll block if you do

I’ll block if this wow wow .... is it just me or does this come across wrong swinging is meant too be fun

Or am I just reading wrong I understand preferences and all but come on lol .....

Thoughts pls "

I have 9 people on my block list in the 4 years I’ve been on and the reason they are on there is because they are nasty people

Someone has to give me very good reason to block them not because they haven’t read my profile or some pointless shit like that

I’m quite laid back and takes a lot to really put my back up lol

TBH the ‘finger happy blockers’ are normally the said same ones that then moan that they can’t find decent meets because people are too picky

"Those are the profiles we totally avoid. The profile text along with the rest of the profile is how we get our first impression, if it’s all ranty then that’s how we assume they’ll be.

Definitely agree with first impression I look for banter and fun tho saying that if my vari’s are Read I would come across ass totally nuts lol

You? Nuts? Never!"

Ha ha peachhhhhh bat shit crazy describes me much better fellow nutta

By *offee with MilkCouple  over a year ago

Over the roundabout and then turn right.

We use our block button for a) people who are clearly incompatible with us and b) please see a) above.

It saves us having to remember who not to message.

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

A ranty don't do this must do this blah blah blah profile is as bad as having a one liner profile for me.

Your going to get people saying it's about preferences and we should respect others. I do respect peoples preferences and also they should respect my right to avoid them like the plague.

I found one once which I had to read 2 or 3 times. It was a typical ranty one and yet I met all the criteria requested. I re read to make sure I hadn't missed something. I still thought bollocks to it I am not interested. Some of the things were downright silly and I just happened to match. The overall attitude put me off regardless.

Constantly on here people rightly say a negative attitude will get you nowhere. In response to forum posts. That also applies to profiles.

Essex

"A ranty don't do this must do this blah blah blah profile is as bad as having a one liner profile for me.

Your going to get people saying it's about preferences and we should respect others. I do respect peoples preferences and also they should respect my right to avoid them like the plague.

I found one once which I had to read 2 or 3 times. It was a typical ranty one and yet I met all the criteria requested. I re read to make sure I hadn't missed something. I still thought bollocks to it I am not interested. Some of the things were downright silly and I just happened to match. The overall attitude put me off regardless.

Constantly on here people rightly say a negative attitude will get you nowhere. In response to forum posts. That also applies to profiles."

Haha I have a (firmly) tongue in cheek ranty profile Haha

I say what I like and don’t but try to make it a bit jokey .. I say jokey my dry sarcastic humour isbtvto everyone’s liking but really I don’t want to waste anyone’s time as much as my own

I think most people ‘get’ me by now and find it humorous

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Ive never blocked anyone. Never felt the need to.

But some of the profiles the demands key words instructions and sense of entitlement...or preference...that I read here just make me shake my head and walk away.

But it's their profile thier choice and up to them what they decide to include in their profile.

Just makes it easy to walk on by and ignore those where we are clearly never going to get on...

By *ustmuttsMan  over a year ago

wisbech

Totally agree with your comments these people dont want to swing they want fuck buddies..... swinging is a lifestyle and bt blocking others just for messaging is sad especially without a response a no thanks is all thats needed

"A ranty don't do this must do this blah blah blah profile is as bad as having a one liner profile for me.

Constantly on here people rightly say a negative attitude will get you nowhere. In response to forum posts. That also applies to profiles."

I think negativity attracts negativity.

I also think that RANTY SHOUTY profiles are much more likely to attract eejits mailing them just to take the piss.

Constantly on here people rightly say a negative attitude will get you nowhere. In response to forum posts. That also applies to profiles.

I say what I like and don’t but try to make it a bit jokey .. I say jokey my dry sarcastic humour isbtvto everyone’s liking but really I don’t want to waste anyone’s time as much as my own

I think most people ‘get’ me by now and find it humorous "

Your profile is about as far away from ranty as it gets!

Ive read it before and just re read it now.

I have absolutely bog all chance of ever meeting you but feel neither time reading was wasted lol

I think negativity attracts negativity.

I also think that RANTY SHOUTY profiles are much more likely to attract eejits mailing them just to take the piss. "

Lol yeah. I think you're right.

What makes me laugh is that this place (and all dating sites) are basically so men can APPLY to talk to a woman.

They demand face pics while providing none themselves. They demand verification from you even though you haven't got any because no one will meet you without one. You must be over 6ft. You must be ripped and willing to travel. You must be handsome. I don't know why I bother anymore lol.

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

My thoughts, for what they're worth:

I choose not to tell someone in advance why I'd block them.

I prefer to concentrate on the positive. If they've read my profile and we get along, happy days.

If they haven't, are not who I'd like to associate with and/or are a fuckwit then I'll block.

There's a number at the top of my blurb to tell you how many are blocked to date.

This works for me

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Our profile starts with a list of things we don't do and we have a huge block list.

We didn't used to do that but got tired of replying to people who hadn't taken notice of our fairly brief, absolutely clear description of what we were offering.

If it offends or irritates so be it. I'm not sure why people get annoyed by profiles that they clearly would never contact

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Best I don't comment in case I get accused of being up my own a**e again.

You are right though, a sense of humour is a must.

Mrs M

Essex

I think most people ‘get’ me by now and find it humorous

Your profile is about as far away from ranty as it gets!

Ive read it before and just re read it now.

I have absolutely bog all chance of ever meeting you but feel neither time reading was wasted lol"

Thank you

TBH I think people’s profiles change the longer they are on here

I’ve been on 4 years .. started as a very nervous newbie etc and like many after a period of time (and timewasters) your profile starts to reflect the many years of how you find good meets and how you deal with the bullshit too

You do still get the profiles that never change a word in the one sentence they have had for bloody forever but most try their best to be concise with what they are looking for

And I’m a firm believer in never say never .. some of my best meets have been bumping into a fellow fabber at a club and then they have reminded me that they winked / messaged me a year earlier and I never responded haha

"Best I don't comment in case I get accused of being up my own a**e again.

You are right though, a sense of humour is a must.

Mrs M"

Sense of humour and filth for me is my oh and tall only because I’m a giant

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

I get the impression some of them block people just for having the audacity to look at their profile!

And some of them I wouldn't even look twice at in real life!

"I get the impression some of them block people just for having the audacity to look at their profile!

And some of them I wouldn't even look twice at in real life! "

I don’t mind getting blocked it’s the profile of demands I don’t get lol

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

"I get the impression some of them block people just for having the audacity to look at their profile!

And some of them I wouldn't even look twice at in real life!

I don’t mind getting blocked it’s the profile of demands I don’t get lol "

I've got a really good meme for it, it's a shame we can't post pictures on the forums

I think anyone who judges any other person/s for how they run their profile, what they are looking for, and how they use the site haven't got the ethos of swinging right.

Users of the site you have four choices when it comes to interacting with other users.

Ignore

Block

Communicate with

Whatever someone's choice, it is after all their right, and anyone should be able to excersize that right without judgment or ridicule.

Just excersize your right to those four choices if you don't agree with them

"After reading through a lot and I mean a lot of female and couples profiles , I’ve found it soooooo demanding !!!

I’ll block if you don’t

I’ll block if you do

Thoughts pls "

I agree whole heartedly its ofyen such a list even if i met the military requirement id be terrified!!kittyx

And some of them I wouldn't even look twice at in real life! "

Makes me laugh."

Exactly!!! And you ask for a pic ..oh god no ill lose my job!!

Im not the fucking employment police i just dont do blind date lolx

I always wonder if they'll be that demanding, serious and boring in bed, well, for a nano second before moving on!

"I always wonder if they'll be that demanding, serious and boring in bed, well, for a nano second before moving on! "

Makes me laugh.

Exactly!!! And you ask for a pic ..oh god no ill lose my job!!

Im not the fucking employment police i just dont do blind date lolx

"

Ha ha ha ha

"Our profile starts with a list of things we don't do and we have a huge block list.

We didn't used to do that but got tired of replying to people who hadn't taken notice of our fairly brief, absolutely clear description of what we were offering.

If it offends or irritates so be it. I'm not sure why people get annoyed by profiles that they clearly would never contact "

In my case I don't get annoyed or irritated by profiles. I am merely entering a discussion about them.

"I think anyone who judges any other person/s for how they run their profile, what they are looking for, and how they use the site haven't got the ethos of swinging right.

Users of the site you have four choices when it comes to interacting with other users.

Ignore

Block

Communicate with

Whatever someone's choice, it is after all their right, and anyone should be able to excersize that right without judgment or ridicule.

Just excersize your right to those four choices if you don't agree with them "

I wholeheartedly agree with you. As I said I excercise my right to avoid them like the plague.

I'd imagine profiles like this are born of frustration, frustration that people who are, to them, seemingly unsuitable according to their profile specifics and have either not read or ignored what is written are messaging. These people will never change regardless of how your profile is written but I do wonder if a demanding profile actually puts off the very people they want to attract?

"I'd imagine profiles like this are born of frustration, frustration that people who are, to them, seemingly unsuitable according to their profile specifics and have either not read or ignored what is written are messaging. These people will never change regardless of how your profile is written but I do wonder if a demanding profile actually puts off the very people they want to attract? "

Exactly.

My profile and my demands. I'm sure if they don't like it they don't message. Doesn't bother me either way but still not changing it because it's deemed demanding!

"What makes me laugh is that this place (and all dating sites) are basically so men can APPLY to talk to a woman.

They demand face pics while providing none themselves. They demand verification from you even though you haven't got any because no one will meet you without one. You must be over 6ft. You must be ripped and willing to travel. You must be handsome. I don't know why I bother anymore lol. "

If you feel genuinely that you have to APPLY talk to a woman, and that ALL women on this site actually DEMAND a face pic but refuse to send one in return (and obviously from your profile you have no interest in couples so there’s no benefit there) then why would you even lower yourself to even be on this site? That sounds like a lack of self-respect if it’s that bad here.

Mrs

By *iBeRtInE70Man  over a year ago

around

To be honest I look at a profile thats full of those types of comments , block ban blah blah must have a huge willy and think wow I've just dodged a bullet.

Could be because I dont suffer idiots very well ...

Walk on by them

We have a request that men who have a gallery of cock pics don’t message us. Or is it a demand? Presumably those whose profile are such will think ‘thanks for the tip, I no know not to waste my time messaging those prudes who don’t like cock pics’. Will also request a face pic. Again no point in wasting time talking to someone if we don’t know what they look like. We send our face pics too, so I don’t see what the problem. Our requests are to save time. But no doubt some would consider them a demand. Men are within their rights to also request (or demand) a face pic too.

Mrs

By *hamboy69Man  over a year ago

huddersfield

"They're people who are afraid of anything they don't know.or can't control. They like to think they're here to try something new, but they're kidding themselves.

They're the sort of people who go to Spain and drink in English style pubs whilst dining nightly on fish n chips."

Absolutely right

By *loppsyWoman  over a year ago

marlow

I actually have a couple on my hotlist because of their demanding profile......it makes me giggle having a read now and then to see how they've changed it. It's hilarious and then they seem to put up a status about what a waste of time this site is..........maybe it's not the site

"I actually have a couple on my hotlist because of their demanding profile......it makes me giggle having a read now and then to see how they've changed it. It's hilarious and then they seem to put up a status about what a waste of time this site is..........maybe it's not the site "

Essex

"I actually have a couple on my hotlist because of their demanding profile......it makes me giggle having a read now and then to see how they've changed it. It's hilarious and then they seem to put up a status about what a waste of time this site is..........maybe it's not the site "

Haha there’s a couples profile on my hotlist just because of their w_iney status updates I giggle over too

huddersfield

As someone who likes to stick up for quality single men on here I despair at the profiles which contain 'single males we will find you when needed' I mean who do they seriously think they are.

Anyone with sir or master in their profile. I'm seriously tempted to send FAF now message and then BLOC

Mine is assertive and quite long, but when I fluff it up or shorten it I get a new crop of entitled idiots who think that because I'm on a sex site I shouldn't expect manners and courtesy, just a dick pic and a sexual demand. The tone also seems to limit responses from men who can't deal with assertive women. All women get more responses than they can politely deal with, the profile has to act as some kind of filter.

huddersfield

"I actually have a couple on my hotlist because of their demanding profile......it makes me giggle having a read now and then to see how they've changed it. It's hilarious and then they seem to put up a status about what a waste of time this site is..........maybe it's not the site

Haha there’s a couples profile on my hotlist just because of their w_iney status updates I giggle over too "

Have you sent them the FAF now! message?

"We have a request that men who have a gallery of cock pics don’t message us. Or is it a demand? Presumably those whose profile are such will think ‘thanks for the tip, I no know not to waste my time messaging those prudes who don’t like cock pics’. Will also request a face pic. Again no point in wasting time talking to someone if we don’t know what they look like. We send our face pics too, so I don’t see what the problem. Our requests are to save time. But no doubt some would consider them a demand. Men are within their rights to also request (or demand) a face pic too.

Mrs"

There's levels of rantiness. Your's is nowhere near the top. A profile that is a good read that also includes some specific requirements and explained as you have done in yours in a clear and fair manner is not one that I would avoid. There are plenty of examples on the site where there are lengthy lists of do's and dont's and nothing else. No personality comes across whatsoever.

huddersfield

I'd better leave this thread now as I'm enjoying it too much but would like to ask where you all stand on the word professional does this mean if you look like Brad Pitt but you're an electrician you aren't getting a shag.

And could someone please pick up all those dropped hats

And Finally Sidney uni !!!!!!!!!!!

If a ranty and demanding profile works for the user then great, that's all it has to do. They do though, seem to be the ones with the often moany status updates slating others or the site for their lack of success.

A profile that is informative and tells me whether I am likely to be compatible before making my mind up whether to message is very different to one that is demanding.

Those that are just a list of likes and dislikes, rather than being informative about the person/couple as well is one that I pass by.

It puts me right off!

I see it just as a way to try and filter some possible messages that they won't be interested in.

I don't think mine is demanding

"What makes me laugh is that this place (and all dating sites) are basically so men can APPLY to talk to a woman.

They demand face pics while providing none themselves. They demand verification from you even though you haven't got any because no one will meet you without one. You must be over 6ft. You must be ripped and willing to travel. You must be handsome. I don't know why I bother anymore lol.

If you feel genuinely that you have to APPLY talk to a woman, and that ALL women on this site actually DEMAND a face pic but refuse to send one in return (and obviously from your profile you have no interest in couples so there’s no benefit there) then why would you even lower yourself to even be on this site? That sounds like a lack of self-respect if it’s that bad here.

Mrs"

The majority of profiles are like this. It's supply on demand I suppose. Women can pick and choose who they want, whenever they want so they can get away with it.

I've been here 5 months now and 99.9% of my messages are deleted or stay unread. Face pic or not.

I'm losing hope and the arrogance of many here is pushing me away, I've got no confidence as it is lol.

By *..The Devil Inside ...Man  over a year ago

Cardiff'ish

"I'd better leave this thread now as I'm enjoying it too much but would like to ask where you all stand on the word professional does this mean if you look like Brad Pitt but you're an electrician you aren't getting a shag.

And Finally Sidney uni !!!!!!!!!!!"

Where's the PMSFL emoji!!!

Hit the nail on the head there dude

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Our profile starts with a list of things we don't do and we have a huge block list.

If it offends or irritates so be it. I'm not sure why people get annoyed by profiles that they clearly would never contact

In my case I don't get annoyed or irritated by profiles. I am merely entering a discussion about them."

Fair enough. Us too.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Rightly or wrongly, if it’s a ranty profile I assume the person is ranty ..... even if they put at the bottom ‘I’m nice really’. I think you can get your point across without having a shouty profile but it’s each to their own, as always

Mrs

The majority of profiles are like this. It's supply on demand I suppose. Women can pick and choose who they want, whenever they want so they can get away with it.

I've been here 5 months now and 99.9% of my messages are deleted or stay unread. Face pic or not.

I'm losing hope and the arrogance of many here is pushing me away, I've got no confidence as it is lol. "

Arrogant profiles should be avoided, as should any other trait that you find offensive or irritating. Then focus on profiles that don’t offend you. If there are no nice profiles left after you have done your filtering then just conclude this is not a good site for you. That filtering process is no different from what we do. Probably about 90% of male profiles don’t chime with me, but we don’t allow the crap to drive us away. Don’t lose hope though - it’s only sex, not life or death! And there are probably easier ways for a guy to get sex than by using the Internet.

Mrs

Mrs

"I'd better leave this thread now as I'm enjoying it too much but would like to ask where you all stand on the word professional does this mean if you look like Brad Pitt but you're an electrician you aren't getting a shag.

Hit the nail on the head there dude "

Ha ha ha the PMSL emoji is the green one lol I use that little fucker a lot !!!

"We have a request that men who have a gallery of cock pics don’t message us. Or is it a demand? Presumably those whose profile are such will think ‘thanks for the tip, I no know not to waste my time messaging those prudes who don’t like cock pics’. Will also request a face pic. Again no point in wasting time talking to someone if we don’t know what they look like. We send our face pics too, so I don’t see what the problem. Our requests are to save time. But no doubt some would consider them a demand. Men are within their rights to also request (or demand) a face pic too.

Mrs

There's levels of rantiness. Your's is nowhere near the top. A profile that is a good read that also includes some specific requirements and explained as you have done in yours in a clear and fair manner is not one that I would avoid. There are plenty of examples on the site where there are lengthy lists of do's and dont's and nothing else. No personality comes across whatsoever."

That’s good to know. The excessive cock pics and no face pics, rightly or wrongly, drives me nuts. I don’t want to sound unreasonable, arrogant or ranty, but at the same time I don’t want to process messages that wind me up. Especially as we try to reply to most.

You come across a profile you don't like?

Ignore it.

Go to the next one

They are not what you are looking for.

It really is that simple.

By *nvisible_manMan  over a year ago

TWICKENHAM

There is one profile I've come across which reads like a flow chart

If you're this - I ignore you

If you're not - I look at your profile

If you're profile says this - I block you....

I understand we all have preferences but that's way over the top

By *appy squirrelWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

I agree with the dislike of demanding or negative profiles. although I do have to giggle that this thread is negative about negative stuff hi hi hi.

Yeah but saying 'I'm not meeting.' is demanding for some who can't accept that they're not the sexual answer for everyone. Which is quite a few people here.

huddersfield

"You come across a profile you don't like?

Ignore it.

Go to the next one

It really is that simple."

But then there's no thread and and it's a great topic one of my favourites

Ignore it.

Go to the next one

But then there's no thread and and it's a great topic one of my favourites "

Totally. People love a good gripe. They say they don’t, but if that were true these threads would be empty. Lol

huddersfield

Ignore it.

Go to the next one

But then there's no thread and and it's a great topic one of my favourites

Totally. People love a good gripe. They say they don’t, but if that were true these threads would be empty. Lol"

And I think I've even managed to do a thumb properly

I’ll block if you don’t

I’ll block if you do

Thoughts pls "

I so agree, people are quick to exclaim ... This is not a dating site but to read some of these profiles you would think that they are looking for serious life partners lol

Definatly takes the (F)un out of fucking, it's only sex for goodness sake not 17th century courtship

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

To be perfectly honest most of those type of profiles comes about because after a time of being on here they get fed up of dealing with crap so they write write them out of frustration as opposed to being demanding in a lot of cases

Having said that I don’t see the problem with profiles like that at least you know exactly what they’re looking for so you know instantly if you’ll be compatible and yes the sites about fun but fun on your terms afterall, I’m sure no one on here wants to risk not enjoying their own meet because they’ve just said yes to something they’re not 100% ok with

Cardiff'ish

Hit the nail on the head there dude

Ha ha ha the PMSL emoji is the green one lol I use that little fucker a lot !!! "

Diamond! I'm gonna abuse that little green fucker now! Just thought it was an extra big smile (gave up trying to work out why its green!)

Cardiff'ish

Ignore it.

Go to the next one

It really is that simple."

This

Done of them are deluded and think because they own a vagina it entitled them to be above all on here

There idiots and if I read demands on a profile I just skip past it x

By *xkinkycouplexxCouple  over a year ago

Haywards Heath

most of the time you can tell when they are being selfish and up themselves when is more demands and a list of everything going and shows what they are looking for doesnt exist.

swinging is about being open to with some preferences of needs/interests in each which way, not everything and have some flexibilities

avoid the impossible

cheer up and have some fun

S xx

By *eanus 2000Man  over a year ago

Marlborough

Mrs"

I agree that a request is just that and if those who read the requests and then ignore them waste your time as well as theirs. I have a short paragraph at the beginning of my profile that states I will block any message from profiles that have no pictures. The reason for this is simple I had endless messages from mostly guys that just wanted to demand I meet them immediately and clearly had not read my profile. I have nothing hidden on my profile and I understand that not everyone would do likewise however if someone makes the effort to send a pic with the message at least they have bothered to read what I've written. Therefore I will make an effort to do them the same for them and it is very sad that it's almost always men that ignore the written part of profiles and just send pointless and time wasting messages. I always read a profile and if I don't meet the criteria completely I will not waste my time sending a message but I would defend the right of others to run their profiles how they want too.

"Done of them are deluded and think because they own a vagina it entitled them to be above all on here

There idiots and if I read demands on a profile I just skip past it x "

EXACTLY this x

Ignore it.

Go to the next one

But then there's no thread and and it's a great topic one of my favourites "

HA ha ha

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

"And Finally Sidney uni !!!!!!!!!!!"

That always gets me. People are so ill-informed. It's 'bloke down the pub says' stuff.

A bit like people who post YouTube vids of songs, films or TV programmes and then put 'No copyright infringement intended.' Totally clueless. It IS copyright infringement and saying 'not intended' is no excuse or get out clause.

By *rown-eyesMan  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

Good luck to them.

"

Uve got to laugh at them when there's a list of the do's & don'ts that's read like a Sunday paper.

I call it the bible. I bypass them right away after ive had a good laugh reading it. Got to say when you look at there profile pics of the ones that do a bible i'd never go near. Christ you'd think they'd take pride in there pics, House a tip & there not the fittest of folk.

I read a profile & howled laughing but little did I know who they where till I met them at a social.

It read -

We do NOT acco

we do NOT do car , outdoor or hotel meets

We do NOT meet bi guys or anyone who has bi-guys on there profile as friends.

We do NOT meet smokers.

You MUST acco lol

That's me screwed.....!

Guess what she wouldn't stop messaging me, even going to say if I played my cards right my look will be in if I'm stopping in a hotel on a social, Got more about me & she is fit but no way I'll go there I cant stand the attitude.

By *rown-eyesMan  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

Good luck to them.

Uve got to laugh at them when there's a list of the do's & don'ts that's read like a Sunday paper.

I call it the bible. I bypass them right away after ive had a good laugh reading it. Got to say when you look at there profile pics of the ones that do a bible i'd never go near. Christ you'd think they'd take pride in there pics, House a tip & there not the fittest of folk.

I read a profile & howled laughing but little did I know who they where till I met them at a social.

It read -

We do NOT acco

we do NOT do car , outdoor or hotel meets

We do NOT meet bi guys or anyone who has bi-guys on there profile as friends.

We do NOT meet smokers.

You MUST acco lol

That's me screwed.....!

Guess what she wouldn't stop messaging me, even going to say if I played my cards right my look will be in if I'm stopping in a hotel on a social, Got more about me & she is fit but no way I'll go there I cant stand the attitude. "

Plus then you look at there veri's

Hell Mary Mother of god...! they would shag anything if you got to the short list & lied

My writing got deleted so I'm still forming mine.

I have a few dos and don't on there to out people.

And yes I did put a decent sized cock as I got fed up with 2 inch ones.

I think basic wants is fine but the ten commandments is going a bit far.

"To be perfectly honest most of those type of profiles comes about because after a time of being on here they get fed up of dealing with crap so they write write them out of frustration as opposed to being demanding in a lot of cases

Having said that I don’t see the problem with profiles like that at least you know exactly what they’re looking for so you know instantly if you’ll be compatible and yes the sites about fun but fun on your terms afterall, I’m sure no one on here wants to risk not enjoying their own meet because they’ve just said yes to something they’re not 100% ok with "

We agree with everything you say here, but's more about how the profile comes across to the reader rather than the owners preferences stated.

Doncaster

"To be perfectly honest most of those type of profiles comes about because after a time of being on here they get fed up of dealing with crap so they write write them out of frustration as opposed to being demanding in a lot of cases

Having said that I don’t see the problem with profiles like that at least you know exactly what they’re looking for so you know instantly if you’ll be compatible and yes the sites about fun but fun on your terms afterall, I’m sure no one on here wants to risk not enjoying their own meet because they’ve just said yes to something they’re not 100% ok with

We agree with everything you say here, but's more about how the profile comes across to the reader rather than the owners preferences stated. "

Oh I can appreciate that but what does anyone do when they’re pissed off and trying to get their point across? Generally They speak firmly and to the point, that they’re not having it anymore, profiles like that are merely the online equivalent of them doing that.

If people want to rule them out as being up their arses or as negative people without actually thinking of the bigger picture, I personally think it says more about the person reading the profile, than it does about the person that wrote it. The attitude some have displayed on here about their opinion of those type of profiles and the snap judgements they make about the people behind them, actually makes them sound more up the own arses, but of course they dont realise that or refuse to look at it from that perspective

I’ve met a lot of profiles like the ones in the OP and they’ve honestlya all been the nicest people I’ve had the pleasure to meet and some of my most memorable meets, be that at one of my social events or in a play environment. There’s a hell of a lot on here (especially the men that struggle to meet) that say people shouldn’t judge a book by its cover and to give someone a chance but they don’t practice what they preach, so who’s actually worse?

I love the ranty profiles for a giggle, you know the ones that say stuff like 'I'm leaving cos this site is sh*t' also the ones that state 'Please put 'titwank' in the message subject, just so we know you have read this far' ( on a 5 line profile...) Oh and finally the ones that are 'couple profiles' but clearly written by the guy who never shows himself in the out of focus, lovely shagpile carpet (circa 1980's) pics.

Sorry, rant over! x

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

A ranty thread of ranty people ranting about ranty profiles. Irony overload!

By *ouplekinkCouple  over a year ago

kink town

If it offends or irritates so be it. I'm not sure why people get annoyed by profiles that they clearly would never contact "

I’ll block if you don’t

I’ll block if you do

Thoughts pls "

Story of a single guy’s life on fab.. it’s all about the upper hand

Imagine how would it be if the roles reversed lol

What happens if you go through their very long list of demands and tick all the boxes apart from one. Surely a reasonable person wouldn't knock someone back because of one thing, 9 out of 10 ain't bad surely?

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

Its everybody's right to have what they want on their profile.

If they have a list you don't like,it shows you are not compatible,so go to the next one.

Sadly people have have lists like this as people just don't read profiles ,if someone has made it clear what they are looking for and its constantly ignored ,frustration sets in.

Miss

By *andJCouple  over a year ago

fun town

I don't even find the time to write a essay let alone a rant one haha!!!!!

I think ours just tells you what we like!! Altho we have club meets only as it's eAsier lol

"What happens if you go through their very long list of demands and tick all the boxes apart from one. Surely a reasonable person wouldn't knock someone back because of one thing, 9 out of 10 ain't bad surely?"

That depends. If that final tick box was "safe only" for example and the reader only plays bare. What then?

By *eviantdeliteWoman  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Agreed if a profile is too negative or too demanding i'll usually pass it by and just perv pics if they are hot

I'm exactly the same. I actually find it to be a pretty good filter for who I want to message"

By *ptimusDMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I met a young lady a few weeks ago at a house party who wasn't on Fab. I convinced her to setup up a profile, and she did on her phone. With no pictures and the only profile text being "I'll fill this later", she got 11 messages in 5 minutes. By the end of the party 2 hours later, it had gone up to about 50 messages.

Some of the messages were calling her gorgeous and beautiful, when they don't know what she looks like. Others were saying they could see they were what she was looking for, when she hadn't said what she was looking for.

By the time she added some pictures 2 days later, she was getting close to 100 emails a day. Sometimes more.

So, what's my point, you may be wondering.

Women, and I'll also guess couples, are inundated with messages. Many of these from people who don't bother reading their profiles.

I can imagine how annoying it can be to read dozens of messages, only to find they're not what you're looking for.

I can therefore understand if they're forced to write up profile texts that read like ransom notes.

Some of course take it too far. But when you also have the luxury of choice and more admirers than you know what to do with, I suppose it is understandable if you say "Screw this, I'll do what I like to my profile to get rid of the idiots I don't want and balls to anyone who doesn't like it"

By *andom2chatMan  over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

"A ranty thread of ranty people ranting about ranty profiles. Irony overload!"

"I agree with the dislike of demanding or negative profiles. although I do have to giggle that this thread is negative about negative stuff hi hi hi."

By *r and Mrs B xxCouple  over a year ago

Chippenham

"My profile and my demands. I'm sure if they don't like it they don't message. Doesn't bother me either way but still not changing it because it's deemed demanding!"

I don’t know whether to Block all the moaners on here or Hotlist them & chuckle at em.

Stop focusing on things that piss you off about others & just enjoy folk who are compatible with your requirements.

Right, I’m away to finger my Block Button ya shower of moany gits

Meh... that is all.

As you were.

By *ophleeCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

I’ll block if you don’t

I’ll block if you do

Thoughts pls "

, well we have our own preferences and ways in which we like play, but we agree, some are so over the top and so we just ignore, only block nasty people or people who don't take a polite no thanks

Cheltenham

"A ranty thread of ranty people ranting about ranty profiles. Irony overload!

"

Cheltenham

"I met a young lady a few weeks ago at a house party who wasn't on Fab. I convinced her to setup up a profile, and she did on her phone. With no pictures and the only profile text being "I'll fill this later", she got 11 messages in 5 minutes. By the end of the party 2 hours later, it had gone up to about 50 messages.

Some of the messages were calling her gorgeous and beautiful, when they don't know what she looks like. Others were saying they could see they were what she was looking for, when she hadn't said what she was looking for.

By the time she added some pictures 2 days later, she was getting close to 100 emails a day. Sometimes more.

Women, and I'll also guess couples, are inundated with messages. Many of these from people who don't bother reading their profiles.

I can imagine how annoying it can be to read dozens of messages, only to find they're not what you're looking for.

I can therefore understand if they're forced to write up profile texts that read like ransom notes.

Some of course take it too far. But when you also have the luxury of choice and more admirers than you know what to do with, I suppose it is understandable if you say "Screw this, I'll do what I like to my profile to get rid of the idiots I don't want and balls to anyone who doesn't like it"

"

She could have hidden her profile and looked for what she wanted herself...a totally open profile of fresh meat will get all the instashag interest immediately...no need for ranty profiles...just a detailed decent profile...

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

We love to see funny positive profiles and would generally pass over shouty negative ones.

We've tried to be positive by saying what we do want rather than what we don't. Though given that we don't have a type and personality is hard to judge online... that probably puts some off us

We do block though. Mainly so that people we aren't interested are automatically filtered out.

Nita

We agree with everything you say here, but's more about how the profile comes across to the reader rather than the owners preferences stated.

Oh I can appreciate that but what does anyone do when they’re pissed off and trying to get their point across? Generally They speak firmly and to the point, that they’re not having it anymore, profiles like that are merely the online equivalent of them doing that.

If people want to rule them out as being up their arses or as negative people without actually thinking of the bigger picture, I personally think it says more about the person reading the profile, than it does about the person that wrote it. The attitude some have displayed on here about their opinion of those type of profiles and the snap judgements they make about the people behind them, actually makes them sound more up the own arses, but of course they dont realise that or refuse to look at it from that perspective

I’ve met a lot of profiles like the ones in the OP and they’ve honestlya all been the nicest people I’ve had the pleasure to meet and some of my most memorable meets, be that at one of my social events or in a play environment. There’s a hell of a lot on here (especially the men that struggle to meet) that say people shouldn’t judge a book by its cover and to give someone a chance but they don’t practice what they preach, so who’s actually worse? "

I take your point curvy. But think about this. Someone gets a lot of messages from a lot of people. That's a lot of profiles to read to decide who to reply to.

Take the flip side. Chap settles down with his brew and his hobknobs and grabs his phone to do a few hours of profile searches.

In both cases the likelihood is the person is going to narrow down from 100 or more to a few to choose from. It's not unreasonable to assume that ranty profiles not showing any personality of the user behind them are not going to make the cut.

You don't know the people you can't have a social with that many to get to know them. You have to make a decision. It's just another excercise in narrowing down the field.

Yes the owner might be lovely behind that ranty profile but you simply just can't play those odds.

You personally I find really nice on the forum. You've been polite when I have messaged you in the past. You could write the crappest profile ever and it wouldn't matter now because my opinion is formed of you. Can't say that about people who you haven't had any interaction with.

Doncaster

Oh I completely understand all that pieman

At the end of the day, and as others have mentioned, it’s down to how each person wants to do FAb their way, if the Ranty profile works for them, but it doesn’t work for a person that reads it and thinks then that’s fine, there is plenty of other people for both parties to enjoy and get what they desire from fab from

It will of course never stop people from either side moaning about how shit things are from their point of view and questioning why people are the way they are?

And thanks you’re a lovely bloke too

"I met a young lady a few weeks ago at a house party who wasn't on Fab. I convinced her to setup up a profile, and she did on her phone. With no pictures and the only profile text being "I'll fill this later", she got 11 messages in 5 minutes. By the end of the party 2 hours later, it had gone up to about 50 messages.

"

Exactly this!

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Exactly this! "

» Add a new message to this topic