FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Timewasters getting too much

Timewasters getting too much

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Lost a pm from a lady re another site that had much less fakes and timewasters. Please pm genuine suggestions as were getting REALLY fed up of timewasters, latest cancellation tonight. Our record is around 13 cancelled meets in a row (previous record 11).

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have had only 4 in the last few weeks. We chat send numbers talk then nothing ?

And yet another. Acknowledged I was on my way but wouldn't open the front door.. 1.5 hours driving for nothing, reported to admin.

OP I’d suggest looking at your selection process, that is a lot of cancellations

Unfortunately there will be fakes on every website.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

This is a great advert for visiting clubs... There's no doubt that people are real

By *apillonNoirWoman  over a year ago

There...

13 cancelled meets in a row seems more than life getting in the way which happens to us all. Why a cancelled meet is labelled as time wasting I’m not sure, perhaps I’ve misunderstood what you meant.

As for travelling an hour and a half for a meet - no way. Too far with too much scope for having my time wasted.

Perhaps review your criteria for choosing playmates if you’re having such issues. Good luck

"Lost a pm from a lady re another site that had much less fakes and timewasters. Please pm genuine suggestions as were getting REALLY fed up of timewasters, latest cancellation tonight. Our record is around 13 cancelled meets in a row (previous record 11)."
many single guys would be extremely envious of thirteen meets organised

"13 cancelled meets in a row seems more than life getting in the way which happens to us all. Why a cancelled meet is labelled as time wasting I’m not sure, perhaps I’ve misunderstood what you meant.

As for travelling an hour and a half for a meet - no way. Too far with too much scope for having my time wasted.

Perhaps review your criteria for choosing playmates if you’re having such issues. Good luck "

Sadly OP you need to go back and select your meets properly!

Don’t accept the first one that messages and do a social meet, if they don’t turn up for a social then you’ve not lost anything.

Time wasters do my head in. I've had 2 last week in a row. But thirteen that's a nightmare.. what do you do to scare them off...

That should be ok what do you do to scare them off

OP recommend one of group socials on the meets section get to meet lots of new people in person and make new friends and lots of fun to go too

Thanks for the replies yet we have be on here over 6 years and can spot most fakes and timewasters a mile away... We're talking of folk with green flags and recent 'genuine' meet veris, some chat for months before we find they won't set a date. We've had false adresses, utterly misleading photos, no show female half of 'couples', false phone numbers for fem2fem chats, folk who vanish off site just before a meet and those who go utterly quiet before the meet.

I do think it’s on the increase: people fading away after meets have been agreed, last minute cancellations and no-shows. Not sure whether Fabs media spotlight has encouraged game players and fantasists or people run multiple conversations then ditch the second and third choices. Either way it’s crappy behaviour that discourages those of us who want to meet . I’m a convert to club meets for these reasons.

"Thanks for the replies yet we have be on here over 6 years and can spot most fakes and timewasters a mile away... We're talking of folk with green flags and recent 'genuine' meet veris, some chat for months before we find they won't set a date. We've had false adresses, utterly misleading photos, no show female half of 'couples', false phone numbers for fem2fem chats, folk who vanish off site just before a meet and those who go utterly quiet before the meet."
OP I've been led on before on fab know how it feels hope you get one filthy meet soon as

" Why a cancelled meet is labelled as time wasting I’m not sure, perhaps I’ve misunderstood what you meant.

"

These are folk that mislead us, we get ready to leave (takes the Mrs hours lol) and they refuse to give their address etc (playing is off against others, using us as a backup). See my latest post to this thread re more examples x

By *mber DextrousWoman  over a year ago

Devon

" Why a cancelled meet is labelled as time wasting I’m not sure, perhaps I’ve misunderstood what you meant.

These are folk that mislead us, we get ready to leave (takes the Mrs hours lol) and they refuse to give their address etc (playing is off against others, using us as a backup). See my latest post to this thread re more examples x"

I think you need to rethink how you plan meets. There's no way I'd be getting ready for a meet without a set place and time. And I go for local socials first, would never travel for 90 mins for an unknown quantity, veris or not. And you can't do anything about people who just go quiet, it's frustrating but quite rightly we can all change our minds at any time (although the decent thing to do is tell the other person)

Yeah it is frustrating how this site works. I think it's a sign of the times, where people are so throw away and don't give it a much thought there there is another human being at the other end of the inbox. One becomes a bit cynical after a few years of it.

Hedgers are the worst. But what can you do. Nothing........ just suck it up as they say. Thankfully there is some joy out there to be had with people that are genuine and considerate and that why we still do it.

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

13 and previously 11 .seriously

The common denominator in this is you op, revise your selection process put further checks and balances in place. any red flags delete move on.

"Yeah it is frustrating how this site works. I think it's a sign of the times, where people are so throw away and don't give it a much thought there there is another human being at the other end of the inbox. One becomes a bit cynical after a few years of it.

Hedgers are the worst. But what can you do. Nothing........ just suck it up as they say. Thankfully there is some joy out there to be had with people that are genuine and considerate and that why we still do it."

Well put.

"Yeah it is frustrating how this site works. I think it's a sign of the times, where people are so throw away and don't give it a much thought there there is another human being at the other end of the inbox. One becomes a bit cynical after a few years of it.

Hedgers are the worst. But what can you do. Nothing........ just suck it up as they say. Thankfully there is some joy out there to be had with people that are genuine and considerate and that why we still do it."

Absolutely, Thankfully we have a few good friends we can rely upon, develop socially, sexually and have repeat meets with.. Diamonds do exist but there's a hell of a lot of muck to dig through and time wasted to find them. Timewasters have collateral effects too, we have to put off others for these 'no-meets'. Definitely need some kind of infallible strike system here or at least a forced green flag policy, we are paying after all.

"Lost a pm from a lady re another site that had much less fakes and timewasters. Please pm genuine suggestions as were getting REALLY fed up of timewasters, latest cancellation tonight. Our record is around 13 cancelled meets in a row (previous record 11)."

13 in a row is excessive and would make me question the vetting procedure. Are you chatting on cam first? Having a few phone calls establishing a rapport with potential meets. 1 or 2 cancellations will happen but 13 in a row is people are getting cold feet for some reason so identify the reason it will make you feel far less frustrated.

By *apillonNoirWoman  over a year ago

There...

These are folk that mislead us, we get ready to leave (takes the Mrs hours lol) and they refuse to give their address etc (playing is off against others, using us as a backup). See my latest post to this thread re more examples x"

I think you do things very differently to me. A quick coffee on neutral ground mid way between the 2 of us first - if they don’t turn up, it’s fine. At least I’m hydrated If the social does go ahead and there’s a spark then we arrange the play meet for some future mutual date. I have a golden rule: confirm the morning of the meet with details of the venue or I don’t leave the house let alone get in the shower. I’ve never had a meet not confirm. Maybe you could try doing things differently and see if your luck improves?

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"13 and previously 11 .seriously

The common denominator in this is you op, revise your selection process put further checks and balances in place. any red flags delete move on.

"

I would suspect it's probably the same person under different guise's ask to speak on the phone before assuming they're genuine.

These are folk that mislead us, we get ready to leave (takes the Mrs hours lol) and they refuse to give their address etc (playing is off against others, using us as a backup). See my latest post to this thread re more examples x

I think you do things very differently to me. A quick coffee on neutral ground mid way between the 2 of us first - if they don’t turn up, it’s fine. At least I’m hydrated If the social does go ahead and there’s a spark then we arrange the play meet for some future mutual date. I have a golden rule: confirm the morning of the meet with details of the venue or I don’t leave the house let alone get in the shower. I’ve never had a meet not confirm. Maybe you could try doing things differently and see if your luck improves? "

This

Then why oh why did I you meet up them???

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"...or people run multiple conversations then ditch the second and third choices...

"

Having a first choice would be nice!

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

“We are paying after all”

Hmmmm.......what sense of entitlement does that give? Timewasters will pay as well. It won’t change anything as as someone above said, it sounds like the same person with multiple profiles. That many in a row means something is not right.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

The common denominator is you OP. Change the way you do things perhaps? Don't keep repeating the same mistakes. If fab isn't working for you, no one is forcing you to stay. Good luck whatever you decide to do. Fab works perfectly for a lot of us.

"The common denominator is you OP. Change the way you do things perhaps? Don't keep repeating the same mistakes. If fab isn't working for you, no one is forcing you to stay. Good luck whatever you decide to do. Fab works perfectly for a lot of us. "

Why reply to a forum post that is 41 weeks old?????

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"The common denominator is you OP. Change the way you do things perhaps? Don't keep repeating the same mistakes. If fab isn't working for you, no one is forcing you to stay. Good luck whatever you decide to do. Fab works perfectly for a lot of us.

Why reply to a forum post that is 41 weeks old?????"

Why not? Its an open forum.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

read people verifications the more they have with actual meets and play less likely you’ll be let down by them and less wasted time

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

This is a really old post. Looking at the OPs recent verifications they are on the right track and are getting meets and also going to club's.

Case closed !,

"The common denominator is you OP. Change the way you do things perhaps? Don't keep repeating the same mistakes. If fab isn't working for you, no one is forcing you to stay. Good luck whatever you decide to do. Fab works perfectly for a lot of us.

Why not? Its an open forum. "

Because your giving advise to someones post thats almost a year old. Its stupid.

Because your giving advise to someones post thats almost a year old. Its stupid. "

They just posted about timewasting on another thread.

Ah well i guess that explains it. My appologies then.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Because your giving advise to someones post thats almost a year old. Its stupid. "

It's not stupid, it's also relevant to another thread try using the green arrow next to the OP's name. I don't understand what your problem is with my comment on an open forum after following the green arrow.

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"This is a really old post. Looking at the OPs recent verifications they are on the right track and are getting meets and also going to club's.

Case closed !,

"

The OP has posted pretty much the same thing on another thread about 2 hours ago.

It seems theyve not learnt or changed much in 41 weeks.

Case closed.

been on here on and off for around 4 years and would say i've had my time wasted easily over 20 times by others agreeing to meet.drove out recently for a no-show,messed around by a couple recently that said they wanted to meet then they had the front too put a status up moaning about timewasters.quite alot of the time i end up getting abuse thrown at me suggesting that its all my fault

By *ikerdude2017Man  over a year ago

Retford

Im not a time waster if I say I'm coming I will. So any ladies out there get in touch.

"This is a really old post. Looking at the OPs recent verifications they are on the right track and are getting meets and also going to club's.

Case closed !,

"

Thank you Lizzie x, some people DOH !

Lucky to even have the chance i might aswell say im gay cause thats the only action im receiving from here wish i was local will be at your every day after work love it

By *lixir of lifeMan  over a year ago

knob Creek

This is my second profile on here ..

First had too many verifications so I started again..

I can’t remember having anyone waste my time ..

I’ve talked to people about meeting up but lost touch before it did , but I’ve never made concrete plans and then not happen ..

Done people get a kick out of time wasting....Like the girl that fooled me....I had been speaking to her for weeks....we swapped numbers and arranged to meet last week....I got all excited and dressed up....Rearranged other plans and waited for her....she said she was on her way....Then half hour after the meet time I tryed to message her and she had blocked my number and hidden her profile on here....I was so angry so I updated my status with her mane in it thanking her for being a time wasting idiot....Other people started messaging me saying she had done the same to them and then hid her profile....apparently she reappearsin a few weeks and finds another victim to get her kicks at wasting there time....I don't care now as it's her loss but what a bunch of idiots her type are

If there is another similar effective site I'd love to explore more options too.

Would love to hear of it.

"Lost a pm from a lady re another site that had much less fakes and timewasters. Please pm genuine suggestions as were getting REALLY fed up of timewasters, latest cancellation tonight. Our record is around 13 cancelled meets in a row (previous record 11).many single guys would be extremely envious of thirteen meets organised "

One would cheer me up, frankly.

By *eviationMan  over a year ago

Brynamman

I wish i had 13 REPLIES lol

Cancelled meets aren’t time wasters, time wasters are no shows ........ in my opinion

By *esires of HertsCouple  over a year ago

Herts and London Borders

"Done people get a kick out of time wasting....Like the girl that fooled me....I had been speaking to her for weeks....we swapped numbers and arranged to meet last week....I got all excited and dressed up....Rearranged other plans and waited for her....she said she was on her way....Then half hour after the meet time I tryed to message her and she had blocked my number and hidden her profile on here....I was so angry so I updated my status with her mane in it thanking her for being a time wasting idiot....Other people started messaging me saying she had done the same to them and then hid her profile....apparently she reappearsin a few weeks and finds another victim to get her kicks at wasting there time....I don't care now as it's her loss but what a bunch of idiots her type are "

am assuming you never actually spoke on the phone?....some single female accounts are actually males

"Done people get a kick out of time wasting....Like the girl that fooled me....I had been speaking to her for weeks....we swapped numbers and arranged to meet last week....I got all excited and dressed up....Rearranged other plans and waited for her....she said she was on her way....Then half hour after the meet time I tryed to message her and she had blocked my number and hidden her profile on here....I was so angry so I updated my status with her mane in it thanking her for being a time wasting idiot....Other people started messaging me saying she had done the same to them and then hid her profile....apparently she reappearsin a few weeks and finds another victim to get her kicks at wasting there time....I don't care now as it's her loss but what a bunch of idiots her type are

am assuming you never actually spoke on the phone?....some single female accounts are actually males"

Yes I spike to her lots on the phone....that's what made it worse as we got on and I was looking forward to meeting her

There are timwasters and fakes on all swinging websites.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Lost a pm from a lady re another site that had much less fakes and timewasters. Please pm genuine suggestions as were getting REALLY fed up of timewasters, latest cancellation tonight. Our record is around 13 cancelled meets in a row (previous record 11).

There are timwasters and fakes on all swinging websites. "

And dating sites.

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Surely there are no time wasters in here. Everyone wants sexi times

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

People are allowed to cancel. People are allowed to change their minds. People have real lives that take over so they hide their profiles (your other post). Perhaps the people you’re talking to are indeed “time-wasters” or perhaps they just decide they’re not interested in you (not sure if you’re a couple or a guy).

A quick green arrow search shows you have been having similar troubles for a while now. Perhaps a change in your approach ???

V x

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"People are allowed to cancel. People are allowed to change their minds. People have real lives that take over so they hide their profiles (your other post). Perhaps the people you’re talking to are indeed “time-wasters” or perhaps they just decide they’re not interested in you (not sure if you’re a couple or a guy).

A quick green arrow search shows you have been having similar troubles for a while now. Perhaps a change in your approach ???

V x "

What we have here is in essence, a single M trying to get meets under the pretence of an MF profile.

Using a non meeting F as a lure is poor form IMHO.

Might also be the answer to why the OP is having this number of fails.

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

We get it all the time. We put a doogin meet on for example. 50 replies, then an hour before starts coming the excuses " I'm working, thought you ment tomorrow, ect". Then next say a whole load of, "couldn't find you, next door neighbours, mum,'s neice hamster deid, but invite me again and I'll come"

We get lots of let downs, single men and couples. Not the first and won't be a last. Internet is too easy just not to turn up.

Just the way of fabs. Try not to get hung up about it. It's their loss.

Poole

Forgot to say, doggin will then maybe end up with 2 that turn up. Maybe

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Never had a no show, been stood up, or had our time wasted in over 10 years of swinging.

If you are having multiple fails, then as has been said, it's not them, it's you.

Sounds brutal, but then the truth often is.

"Never had a no show, been stood up, or had our time wasted in over 10 years of swinging.

If you are having multiple fails, then as has been said, it's not them, it's you.

Sounds brutal, but then the truth often is."

I think their version of time wasting is different from most, they've got another forum thread about it.......... basically they believe if someone hides their profile and doesn’t reply to messages they’re a time waster

I went through a spell of a few time wasters in a row a while back it's such a bad feeling when you're all ready about to leave the house and they are either not replying or say they don't feel it anymore

By *lutinnylons69TV/TS  over a year ago

Byfield/Daventry

How can we get rid of time wasters? If we all report them and admin log them perhaps they should be kicked out after 5 or more reports?

By *lutinnylons69TV/TS  over a year ago

Byfield/Daventry

Hey read some crap comment from a couple of posts earlier. It's not about me it is about them. If they suddenly block me etc the least they could do is say sorry changed my mind. I hate ignorance and bad manners!!!

Poole

We had a couple promise they would would get back to us twice to confirm a meet and didn't bother.

Another couple, been chatting to, suddenly anonces they don't play bi guys.

These are the kinds hurdels to cross before setting the meet. What hope is there?

» Add a new message to this topic