FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Should fabswingers be for paying only members

Should fabswingers be for paying only members

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ce-cream float OP   Couple  over a year ago

Morpeth

What are fabbers view on that with this site, you have to be a paid up member only to access the site, no payment no access!!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No, it would kill it

No...that would ruin it

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

Nope. Plenty measures in place to assist in the use of the site.

"No...that would ruin it"

Beat you

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Only if you were then forced to sleep with whomever messaged you

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

Yeah, let's get rid of the riff raff.

I would leave. Not that that would make any difference, but other people might leave too.

I pay a nominal fee for an easier experience. I wouldn't pay to access other members, or receive messages from them.

"Yeah, let's get rid of the riff raff. "

You would have no one to wind up on the forums then.

Morpeth

Lol

Chester/Wirral

"Yeah, let's get rid of the riff raff.

You would have no one to wind up on the forums then."

Touché

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"I would leave. Not that that would make any difference, but other people might leave too.

I pay a nominal fee for an easier experience. I wouldn't pay to access other members, or receive messages from them.

"

I would be one of those leaving.

Yup should trial it, kill the site? How its gone downhill and mostly dead anyway

By *abrielle247Couple (FF)  over a year ago

PDI Gran Canaria

It's near impossible to have a decent conversation with unpaid members, because it doesn't save their last message. So what's the point.

It gives people an opportunity to find their way around the site before paying otherwise you just wouldn't bother as for the fakes and idiots you know with in a couple of messages

By *otwife for useCouple  over a year ago

manchester

Putting a charge on would certainly help, would a tenner a month hurt anyone who’s having a good time

Morpeth

Adding onto this, what about swingers clubs, why do we have to pay for them, should they be open to everybody without cost... I have my body armour on so hit me with it

"Putting a charge on would certainly help, would a tenner a month hurt anyone who’s having a good time "

I hope youd enjoy being the only woman on a site full of desperate men

Chester/Wirral

"Putting a charge on would certainly help, would a tenner a month hurt anyone who’s having a good time

I hope youd enjoy being the only woman on a site full of desperate men"

Desperate men ain't gonna pay if they get no action. They would drop like flies.

Morpeth

"Putting a charge on would certainly help, would a tenner a month hurt anyone who’s having a good time "

I was thinking more of the annual charge rather than monthly, there seems to be a lot of members who just join as its free.. interesting point tho

By *otwife for useCouple  over a year ago

manchester

"Putting a charge on would certainly help, would a tenner a month hurt anyone who’s having a good time

I hope youd enjoy being the only woman on a site full of desperate men Desperate men ain't gonna pay if they get no action. They would drop like flies."

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

I hope youd enjoy being the only woman on a site full of desperate men Desperate men ain't gonna pay if they get no action. They would drop like flies."

Based on what research.

Desperate men and women still have money.

Morpeth

Dont think that would happen personally, i think all members should pay an annual charge to stay on as we do with current m/ship ... but thats just my pov.. which is what this forum is about

Chester/Wirral

I hope youd enjoy being the only woman on a site full of desperate men Desperate men ain't gonna pay if they get no action. They would drop like flies.

Based on what research.

Desperate men and women still have money."

Be like people joining the gym in January then never using it again.

The threads moaning would be more entertaining though when they would be paying more.

Morpeth

"It gives people an opportunity to find their way around the site before paying otherwise you just wouldn't bother as for the fakes and idiots you know with in a couple of messages "

Good point

no, I'd leave.

Morpeth

I hope youd enjoy being the only woman on a site full of desperate men Desperate men ain't gonna pay if they get no action. They would drop like flies.

Based on what research.

Desperate men and women still have money. Be like people joining the gym in January then never using it again.

The threads moaning would be more entertaining though when they would be paying more. "

yep that would be entertaining

We are members of other sites where you do pay, but like here you can still access certain parts.

Having to pay does not get rid of fakes or time wasters, it maybe cuts the numbers down a little,but every site has more than it's fair share of the above.

Morpeth

"no, I'd leave."

Just wondering why, not criticising your comment in any way.... the membership fee isnt a lot of money for the time you get on the site.. we pay through PayPal ..nobody is really that much wiser unless they are on the site too

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

Based on what research.

Desperate men and women still have money."

Having to pay money is a deterrent. No one is going to pay money when they get nothing back.

I think a £10 fee would put off a lot of the fantasists, fakes and time wasters. Obviously not all of them, but it would certainly thin them out.

Morpeth

"We are members of other sites where you do pay, but like here you can still access certain parts.

Having to pay does not get rid of fakes or time wasters, it maybe cuts the numbers down a little,but every site has more than it's fair share of the above."

good point

There's always new desperate men

If we assume theres just 1 million desperate men in the uk

And men make up 75% of the typical 20k online users and each man lasts one month. It would take 5.5 years for you to work through just those men

Based on what research.

Having to pay money is a deterrent. No one is going to pay money when they get nothing back.

I think a £10 fee would put off a lot of the fantasists, fakes and time wasters. Obviously not all of them, but it would certainly thin them out. "

You realise people who can get sex though would just go get it without paying a tenner. The people who cant get sex wpuld sign up in hope even if they only sign up for one month they would then massivly out number everyone else

"no, I'd leave.

Just wondering why, not criticising your comment in any way.... the membership fee isnt a lot of money for the time you get on the site.. we pay through PayPal ..nobody is really that much wiser unless they are on the site too "

I don't like the idea of being charged just to meet someone like minded. There are other free sites.

You pay to be a 'site supporter' and have the extra benefits... Is this not enough..?

Dont think that would happen personally, i think all members should pay an annual charge to stay on as we do with current m/ship ... but thats just my pov.. which is what this forum is about "

Annual fee makes this problem even worse that would take 66 years to get through the 1 million men

Morpeth

"no, I'd leave.

Just wondering why, not criticising your comment in any way.... the membership fee isnt a lot of money for the time you get on the site.. we pay through PayPal ..nobody is really that much wiser unless they are on the site too

I don't like the idea of being charged just to meet someone like minded. There are other free sites."

Yeah can understand that.. thank you

"No, it would kill it"

How?

Chester/Wirral

"You pay to be a 'site supporter' and have the extra benefits... Is this not enough..?"
Yeah but not everybody pays and they can still message. You should at least have to be a site supporter to message.

Morpeth

Dont think that would happen personally, i think all members should pay an annual charge to stay on as we do with current m/ship ... but thats just my pov.. which is what this forum is about

Annual fee makes this problem even worse that would take 66 years to get through the 1 million men"

Made some good points, I notice your a silver member, do you think it benefits you by being there, your a good looking fella ..Im the woman by the way lol

"that would take 66 years to get through the 1 million men"

We are sure some female would be up for that challenge

We’d be the only 2 woman on a site full of desperate men...

Morpeth

"You pay to be a 'site supporter' and have the extra benefits... Is this not enough..? Yeah but not everybody pays and they can still message. You should at least have to be a site supporter to message."

totally agree thats my pov

Annual fee makes this problem even worse that would take 66 years to get through the 1 million men

Made some good points, I notice your a silver member, do you think it benefits you by being there, your a good looking fella ..Im the woman by the way lol "

I pay for silver purely so i can upload pics quickly and for the better inbox.

If it was pay to access I'd not be here

Chester/Wirral

And men make up 75% of the typical 20k online users and each man lasts one month. It would take 5.5 years for you to work through just those men

"

Only like 30,000 on this site though. It would iron a lot out I bet.

Morpeth

We’d be the only 2 woman on a site full of desperate men..."

lol love it , I'd be the 3rd

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

Honestly

I'd leave and I'm a well established verified member

Yes I choose to be a site supporter but there are times of financial difficulty where even the fiver that costs was spent on better things and I've only renewed as I can justify according to

This site is a business and like all business's they must make money to survive.

They make enough by people upgrading and adverts it seems or they would have went down the paying members only road a long time ago.

Doncaster

"Honestly

I'd leave and I'm a well established verified member

Yes I choose to be a site supporter but there are times of financial difficulty where even the fiver that costs was spent on better things and I've only renewed as I can justify according to "

*affording I meant

"You pay to be a 'site supporter' and have the extra benefits... Is this not enough..? Yeah but not everybody pays and they can still message. You should at least have to be a site supporter to message.

totally agree thats my pov "

Ypu realise you can block people who arent site supporters right

"You pay to be a 'site supporter' and have the extra benefits... Is this not enough..? Yeah but not everybody pays and they can still message. You should at least have to be a site supporter to message."

Use your filters then....

And boom in one easy click ypu are now on a fabswingers where there id only paying members.

Dont you feel better.

What will paying money solve anyway?

In my experience it's people who have money to waste that tend to be the bigger arseholes.

Chester/Wirral

"You pay to be a 'site supporter' and have the extra benefits... Is this not enough..? Yeah but not everybody pays and they can still message. You should at least have to be a site supporter to message.

And boom in one easy click ypu are now on a fabswingers where there id only paying members.

Dont you feel better."

I do but I'm talking about everybody in general

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

Based on what research.

I think a £10 fee would put off a lot of the fantasists, fakes and time wasters. Obviously not all of them, but it would certainly thin them out.

You realise people who can get sex though would just go get it without paying a tenner. The people who cant get sex wpuld sign up in hope even if they only sign up for one month they would then massivly out number everyone else"

I don't think that follows at all. Its not exactly easy to get swinging sex without going on sites like this or going to clubs.

If you seriously want to meet swingers you'll pay your £10. If you just want wank fodder, you'll forget about sites like this and look at some free porn.

Morpeth

Made some good points, I notice your a silver member, do you think it benefits you by being there, your a good looking fella ..Im the woman by the way lol

I pay for silver purely so i can upload pics quickly and for the better inbox.

If it was pay to access I'd not be here"

I understand what you mean, I dont think I worded the initial question very well tbh, access I agree I wouldn't pay to access per month but to retain annual membership on the current system with the benefits we have ..yes I would do every time.. its like the gym membership scenario you join for a year go once.. you either use it or you dont.. thanks for the input..really good

Morpeth

Based on what research.

You realise people who can get sex though would just go get it without paying a tenner. The people who cant get sex wpuld sign up in hope even if they only sign up for one month they would then massivly out number everyone else

I don't think that follows at all. Its not exactly easy to get swinging sex without going on sites like this or going to clubs.

If you seriously want to meet swingers you'll pay your £10. If you just want wank fodder, you'll forget about sites like this and look at some free porn. "

great point

Based on what research.

If you seriously want to meet swingers you'll pay your £10. If you just want wank fodder, you'll forget about sites like this and look at some free porn. "

I think you over estimate the ampunt of swingers on this site

Morpeth

Thanks all... interesting pov's from you all...

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Two reasons making it paid only aren't a good idea:

(1) It wouldn't change a thing, you'd still get those that don't "get" swinging/NSA signing up and paying the fee, and being just as disruptive as they are now.

(2) You think the level of entitlement from some users is bad now - imagine what it'd be like if they had all paid a fee? Can just see the posts along the lines of "I've paid good money to join this site but no-one wants to meet me - waste of time" - you get them even now, they'd be worse and more if people were forced to pay.

The site works perfectly well as it is - the key is knowing how to use it to maximise your enjoyment of it and minimise the irritation - the tools are there to do that.

Doncaster

I'd just use the tenner to go to a club that would be money better spent for me

If you believe money Is the only thing that promotes a "genuine swinger" is arguable that a site like this isn't really for you anyway

I'm not paying £120 a year to talk to hundreds of men who are either not compatible with me, or only here for the wanks.

Based on what research.

You think men won't pay £10 a month to get live pics and wank chat off women, and other men?

By *he Cheeky GirlsCouple (FF)  over a year ago

Dover

Hey, save your arguments as nothing changes on here so it all just spurious.

Doncaster

Plus do you really think people that get a kick out of wasting people's time won't pay to do so?

I think that is quite misguided.

By *utsidenakedMan  over a year ago

Dorchester

I used to pay but it got me nowhere, as too many chancers booking the system, I would pay if it lead to results, the is a definite need to reduce the wasters, compulsory photos soul be a start,this would out the ths total twats

Doncaster

"I used to pay but it got me nowhere, as too many chancers booking the system, I would pay if it lead to results, the is a definite need to reduce the wasters, compulsory photos soul be a start,this would out the ths total twats"

That attitude was exactly what Gemini man was referring to "I'll pay to get results"

It's just not what the site or swinging is about

You would still get the arses

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Yeah, let's get rid of the riff raff. "

Yeah.. because riff raff don't have money!

By *rkeb3Man  over a year ago

east Lancashire road

Who said every user is having a good time

There are guys who coulnt get in months so they have to pay for chats

It won't work

By *rkeb3Man  over a year ago

east Lancashire road

"no, I'd leave.

Just wondering why, not criticising your comment in any way.... the membership fee isnt a lot of money for the time you get on the site.. we pay through PayPal ..nobody is really that much wiser unless they are on the site too "

u need data to access this site n why pay an other 10 just for chat

The site supporter fee is quite small , and I believe that new members shouldn’t be able to send messages until they are both a site supporter and photo varified, it would help to out the time wasters who just create a profile to kill time .

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

[Removed by poster at 23/01/19 13:32:35]

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

"It's near impossible to have a decent conversation with unpaid members, because it doesn't save their last message. So what's the point."

Do a screen grab and save to your phone

"The site supporter fee is quite small , and I believe that new members shouldn’t be able to send messages until they are both a site supporter and photo varified, it would help to out the time wasters who just create a profile to kill time . "

You can block newbies and non site supporters!!!

Your proposed changes affect no one and make no change except to limit others choices

How much or a profile can non payers see?

If people HAD to pay, the sense of entitlement would be worse than it is now!

"The site supporter fee is quite small , and I believe that new members shouldn’t be able to send messages until they are both a site supporter and photo varified, it would help to out the time wasters who just create a profile to kill time .

Your proposed changes affect no one and make no change except to limit others choices"

I do agree to some extent, however the price of site support is quite small and the photo varification process is very easy , I believe it would enhance the site experience for all ,

And all for the price of a big Mack meal and 5 mins of your time .

"How much or a profile can non payers see?"

Non payers can see everything apart from who viewed their profile .

"How much or a profile can non payers see?

Non payers can see everything apart from who viewed their profile ."

Ok so we would prefer only paying profiles see the profile .

Non payers should only be able to see very basic info.

By *ood girl2010Couple  over a year ago

crewe

just click on sent it tells you the last message you sent to them

"The site supporter fee is quite small , and I believe that new members shouldn’t be able to send messages until they are both a site supporter and photo varified, it would help to out the time wasters who just create a profile to kill time .

Your proposed changes affect no one and make no change except to limit others choices

I do agree to some extent, however the price of site support is quite small and the photo varification process is very easy , I believe it would enhance the site experience for all ,

"

You csn block people who arent verified as well!?

Tell me how paying a monthly fee to do exactly what you can do now improves in any way?

Again your changes all already exist.

So many times these threads seem full of guys who think if the "competition" was thinned theyd all get loads of meets.

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

We've seen fakes and weirdos who have been site supporters so a pay wall isn't the answer. A fiver for 60 days access to the extra site benefits is OK, given how much we use the site. I don't think we'd bother if it was more expensive.

"

Unless you changed your privacy setting everyone on the internet member or not can see your full profile

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

We’d be the only 2 woman on a site full of desperate men..."

3 lol

No, works well as it is OP. The site supporter pass is there, but not compulsory. There are many genuine profiles that don't want to pay.

Tell me how paying a monthly fee to do exactly what you can do now improves in any way?

So many times these threads seem full of guys who think if the "competition" was thinned theyd all get loads of meets.

"

Or couples thinking if the men disappointed they would have more chance with the women.

"We've seen fakes and weirdos who have been site supporters so a pay wall isn't the answer. A fiver for 60 days access to the extra site benefits is OK, given how much we use the site. I don't think we'd bother if it was more expensive. "

That is a good point. Paying won't get rid off time wasters etc if that is the desired outcome.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Fabswingers...fun, free and fabulous.

The ethos of the site is that it's free with the opportunity to contribute to support the site and gain extra features. Take away the free element and you remove one of fabs main attractions.

The minor problems we encounter after applying various filters and using our bs detector will not be solved by making people pay a fiver.

By *orthyorkypairCouple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Only like 30,000 on this site though. It would iron a lot out I bet."

not really because the 30000 change regularly, usually when the wife catches them on here and unless you make the fee high it really will not deter too many of the pic hunters and guys that get off on trying their luck

I have been on a few sites you pay for and unfortunately paying does not eradicate arsholes who put up fake profiles and generally fuck people around

[Removed by poster at 23/01/19 15:22:49]

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

torremolinos

I think people that pay should get better options on searches and be able to edit the way their profile looks and appears .

The site takes in a lot of revenue and there’s been very little changes over the years. All paying members currently get is more photos more cams and the ability to see whos looked at them .

Unless you changed your privacy setting everyone on the internet member or not can see your full profile"

Yes we have applied all the filters.

But a non paying profile can still see a great deal of a paying profile.

Our concern ,which is from recent experience, is that if someone wants to catch you in the lifestyle...a reporter or nosey neighbour they can easily, for free, set up a profile and view lots about you.

You do not have to look to hard on Google for profiles on Fab that have made the newspapers or online news reports.

It would be good to restrict what can be seen .

And probably due to recent data protection laws it is now a legal requirement to provide that.

It’s not about reducing competition, there are lots of 100% genuine people on this site that are neither site support or photo varified or who’s site support has lapsed and have not renewed it , I don’t wish to filter these options as this would not allow these profiles to interact with me , Maybe compulsory site support isn’t the answer however maybe a cooling off period of a week or 2 , where they have very limited interaction options , if there genuine they will either wait the 2 weeks or so or pay for site support.

I’m talking about ing out the numptys that just want a laugh rather than the genuine people,

"

It’s not about reducing competition, there are lots of 100% genuine people on this site that are neither site support or photo varified or who’s site support has lapsed and have not renewed it , I don’t wish to filter these options as this would not allow these profiles to interact with me , Maybe compulsory site support isn’t the answer however maybe a cooling off period of a week or 2 , where they have very limited interaction options , if there genuine they will either wait the 2 weeks or so or pay for site support.

I’m talking about ing out the numptys that just want a laugh rather than the genuine peopl

"

Have everyone verify themselves before they can do anything. that would cut down alot too

I don't know if having guys pay but women/couples have the current system is particularly good and its pretty sexist even though the ratio's would even out more doing this. the aim would be to improve the number of women/ couples as opposed to lower the number of men

Either way taking out fakes etc is good.

I think the level of abuse i see some people get is pretty horrific, reporting could be taken more seriously, however this is open to abuse.

So many women join, only to leave within a few days. Someone i got talking to on snapchat very soon on said she got a message saying they recognised her and she only posted a body pic (no tattoos). How freaked out would you be.

I think the question is how do we get women/ couples to stay??

We could limit the amount of messages new accounts could receive? someone an hour in opening their inbox to receive 100 messages is pretty overwhelming.

Only paid accounts could message new accounts? I think this is a pretty good option!

"Yup should trial it, kill the site? How its gone downhill and mostly dead anyway "

I can't see that tbh. I've been on and off the site for years, and it's still exactly the same as it was when I first joined.

If you think making this site a paid side is going to cut out fakes, idiots, dreamers and time wasters it won’t trust me.

I’ve been on paid dating sites thinking that it would cut out the above and be full of genuine guys who was serious about dating and it didn’t cut them out the sites was rife with them.

Don’t fix something that isn’t broken I say.

The site runs well be you a site supporter or not.

Just go with gut instinct if you think someone ain’t real or a time waster.

"I would leave. Not that that would make any difference, but other people might leave too.

I would be one of those leaving."

Why would women leave? Fab is a river of cock for them.... single guys may leave, but there would still be loads left over.

"

I think the level of abuse i see some people get is pretty horrific, reporting could be taken more seriously"

The amount of abuse we get is yep, horrific.

So.. the actions of many, impact the few.

Should the site not provide better privacy settings under the new data protection laws?

Doncaster

"Should the site not provide better privacy settings under the new data protection laws?"

The site was legally required to and therefore has

I've been on here nearly 10 years with full face pictures nothing bad as ever come of it in regards to my privacy

I would be one of those leaving.

Why would women leave? Fab is a river of cock for them.... single guys may leave, but there would still be loads left over."

Because life is a river of cock, why pay a subscription for it?

"Should the site not provide better privacy settings under the new data protection laws?

I've been on here nearly 10 years with full face pictures nothing bad as ever come of it in regards to my privacy"

You are lucky.

But we have seen full profile images published in the newspapers.

Some of us cannot be as public as you .

"What are fabbers view on that with this site, you have to be a paid up member only to access the site, no payment no access!!!! "

I don't think it's necessary to be honest

Limit what the 'cheap seat' brigade can access!

Simples!

"What are fabbers view on that with this site, you have to be a paid up member only to access the site, no payment no access!!!! "

Won't stop idiots morons etc

Subscriptions don't tend to work for sites like these. Site supporter is a good method of generating some income to keep the site going.

But site supporters should get some additional benefits. My top ones would be:

1. Ability to see everyone who's viewed my profile (non-contributors cannot)

2. Ability to see all forums (non-contributors only access selected ones)

3. Ability to see all public pictures (non-contributors only see 2-3 selected ones)

4. Ability to fab pictures (non-contributors cannot)

5. Ability to read published verifications (non-contributors can only see the summary)

These changes would not affect the free core aspect of the site which is to meet other swingers (by reading profiles, seeing verification summaries, messaging and chatrooms). But those who contribute would get additional functionality from the site. It would reduce the number of picture hunters and those not actively interested in swinging without any loss to the site.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

It's just like de ja vu...

All over again.

Not seen this thread repeated for a few days now

The answer is still No.

"Should the site not provide better privacy settings under the new data protection laws?

I've been on here nearly 10 years with full face pictures nothing bad as ever come of it in regards to my privacy

You are lucky.

Some of us cannot be as public as you ."

Do you really think having a paywall would stop a newspaper? The cost of membership would be nothing to them - so having one wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference on that score.

Doncaster

You are lucky.

Some of us cannot be as public as you ."

And people not associated with sites like this have had the same happen to them also

Even when viewing you on a live cam people can screenshot it as a still to use against you and bring back to your association to the site should they wish to

Most effective would be a cap/waiting list system for new male members.

Doncaster

You are lucky.

Some of us cannot be as public as you .

Do you really think having a paywall would stop a newspaper? The cost of membership would be nothing to them - so having one wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference on that score."

True their membership would be classed merely as a company expense in those circumstances

Morpeth

"It's just like de ja vu...

All over again.

Not seen this thread repeated for a few days now

The answer is still No."

Eeee there is me thinking Im being original..apologies

I suppose its a bit like art, been done before

I wonder if the same people answered l

"Subscriptions don't tend to work for sites like these. Site supporter is a good method of generating some income to keep the site going.

3. Ability to see all public pictures (non-contributors only see 2-3 selected ones)

5. Ability to read published verifications (non-contributors can only see the summary)

These changes would not affect the free core aspect of the site which is to meet other swingers (by reading profiles, seeing verification summaries, messaging and chatrooms). But those who contribute would get additional functionality from the site. It would reduce the number of picture hunters and those not actively interested in swinging without any loss to the site."

I agree with all those ideas... Except the ones who don't subscribe, shouldn't use the chatrooms.

"Subscriptions don't tend to work for sites like these. Site supporter is a good method of generating some income to keep the site going.

These changes would not affect the free core aspect of the site which is to meet other swingers (by reading profiles, seeing verification summaries, messaging and chatrooms). But those who contribute would get additional functionality from the site. It would reduce the number of picture hunters and those not actively interested in swinging without any loss to the site.

I agree with all those ideas... Except the ones who don't subscribe, shouldn't use the chatrooms. "

Sorry meant site support not subscription

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

Nope. I actually do support the site. No way would I join a fully paying site as 99.9% of them are scams. Half the paid sites out there spam you with fake winks, profile views and messages. As soon as you pay to join the site, the messages suddenly dry up. Some of them actually pay people to reply to your messages but of course they'll never meet you, it's just to keep that monthly subscription rolling in.

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

"Fabswingers...fun, free and fabulous.

The ethos of the site is that it's free with the opportunity to contribute to support the site and gain extra features. Take away the free element and you remove one of fabs main attractions.

The minor problems we encounter after applying various filters and using our bs detector will not be solved by making people pay a fiver."

Morpeth

"Nope. I actually do support the site. No way would I join a fully paying site as 99.9% of them are scams. Half the paid sites out there spam you with fake winks, profile views and messages. As soon as you pay to join the site, the messages suddenly dry up. Some of them actually pay people to reply to your messages but of course they'll never meet you, it's just to keep that monthly subscription rolling in. "

Interesting !!!I have heard that of one site specifically for ladies, hence why ironically I joined and dont pay ... defeats the object of this thread I suppose lol

totally agree thats my pov "

Why would you not want people who don't pay not to be able to message?

If you only want site supporters to contact you then change settings.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Dont you feel better."

This works for us

No but if you haven't been verified within 6 months, your account should be removed.

"No but if you haven't been verified within 6 months, your account should be removed. "

Agreed fully with this...

I think the filters are a good way of helping us and the block button is a blessing

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple  over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

"Adding onto this, what about swingers clubs, why do we have to pay for them, should they be open to everybody without cost... I have my body armour on so hit me with it "
you are the poundland power ranger and I claim my £5 (Google it)

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

31,000 people online at peaks, it really does need thinning down to those who really mean it and not just looking for a quick fuck.

Its a yes from me.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"31,000 people online at peaks, it really does need thinning down to those who really mean it and not just looking for a quick fuck.

Its a yes from me."

Agree

Might even stop the yo yo weekend wankers!

"No...that would ruin it

Beat you "

It might out the childish lads

If a site would force me to pay for membership I would never join.

There are plenty of sex sites that require a paid membership and are much more popular than this one, so why would anyone join this one at that point?

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

Personally I think you should have three months to try the site for free - that’s long enough to decide if it’s ‘for you’ or not - then be asked to become a site supporter or leave!

With that money we could have improved features like more search options (i’d Like to be able to search and filter by height and body type) and better club/event listings (chronological (date of event order) would help a lot - as would having clubs sectioned into areas! Finding an event or party to attend at the weekend can be an arduous process at the moment!

"What are fabbers view on that with this site, you have to be a paid up member only to access the site, no payment no access!!!!

Personally I think you should have three months to try the site for free - that’s long enough to decide if it’s ‘for you’ or not - then be asked to become a site supporter or leave!

With that money we could have improved features like more search options (i’d Like to be able to search and filter by height and body type) and better club/event listings (chronological (date of event order) would help a lot - as would having clubs sectioned into areas! Finding an event or party to attend at the weekend can be an arduous process at the moment! "

It can take some guys 6 months to get a 1st meet, a 3 month trail wouldn't do them any good.

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"What are fabbers view on that with this site, you have to be a paid up member only to access the site, no payment no access!!!!

With that money we could have improved features like more search options (i’d Like to be able to search and filter by height and body type) and better club/event listings (chronological (date of event order) would help a lot - as would having clubs sectioned into areas! Finding an event or party to attend at the weekend can be an arduous process at the moment!

It can take some guys 6 months to get a 1st meet, a 3 month trail wouldn't do them any good."

Within 3 months they should have worked out that it’s not just about shagging!

It can take some guys 6 months to get a 1st meet, a 3 month trail wouldn't do them any good.

Within 3 months they should have worked out that it’s not just about shagging! "

It is for some people. Not everybody wants to go on socials, be wined and dined and share their life dilemmas. Some people just want to have nsa sex with other people.

Plus nothing would stop them from making another account in 3 months.

100% should be paid for, cut out all the time wasting fakes

No, you pay for extra membership to access some content, the chat should remain free

"100% should be paid for, cut out all the time wasting fakes "

Given you can just block people who dont pay, how are you in any way affected by non paying members?

"100% should be paid for, cut out all the time wasting fakes

Given you can just block people who dont pay, how are you in any way affected by non paying members?"

I don't think most people are aware of that filter.

"100% should be paid for, cut out all the time wasting fakes

Given you can just block people who dont pay, how are you in any way affected by non paying members?

I don't think most people are aware of that filter."

Its right next to thw single men filter they all use though :p

If they cant even be arsed to read the sites tools I'd be amazed of they read profiles. I suspect many if the people complaining are viewed the same as the people they are complaing about by others

Was thinking that there maybe could be an option for a members only section for those that want it, then realised that effectively there is - use the filter to block non members, which will create that members only section.

By *ovelifelovefuntimesMan  over a year ago

Where ever I lay my hat

Think it works pretty well. I pay for the additional benefits and happy to do so. If people don't want to pay that's fine, but the site experience is significantly diminished. But every one has a choice.

As if the site owners will change anything?

"As if the site owners will change anything?"

Well they did ask for our feedback some time ago now...

None of my suggestions materialised...

I don't need to pay to prove I'm genuine. Also don't need to pay to meet anyone.

By *cd and scruffCouple  over a year ago

Rochester

No. Simple.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

Nope. Wont work. The one reason Fab is as successful as it is is because it's free (and we are paying members).

You can block unverified and/or non paying members if it's an issue to you though.

London

"I have been on a few sites you pay for and unfortunately paying does not eradicate arsholes who put up fake profiles and generally fuck people around "

Yep! Think it naive to assume if this was a paid site it would automatically remove all the fakes and dreamers, because we all know fakes and dreamers don't have money!

London

"If you think making this site a paid side is going to cut out fakes, idiots, dreamers and time wasters it won’t trust me.

I’ve been on paid dating sites thinking that it would cut out the above and be full of genuine guys who was serious about dating and it didn’t cut them out the sites was rife with them.

Don’t fix something that isn’t broken I say.

The site runs well be you a site supporter or not.

Just go with gut instinct if you think someone ain’t real or a time waster. "

I don't see the point it wouldn't change anything there are still fakes and timewasters on pay sites

London

"No but if you haven't been verified within 6 months, your account should be removed. "

Why don't people run their profile how they see fit, and leave others to do the same?

It's not rocket science - you don't want to meet unverified people - that's your choice...don't!!! Some of us are able to make decisions of who to fuck without validation from a total stranger. If someone needs a total strangers opinion on whether they should meet another total stranger, that is their choice - it's not mine, but live and let live!

By *arnsley guy100Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

Not everyone can afford a £10tenner a month...

Can't we have at least one thing free??

I'm sure the owners of the site are earning a living from it... Good on em for not being greedy.

By *uminsiderMKMan  over a year ago

St Austell

"I don't see the point it wouldn't change anything there are still fakes and timewasters on pay sites"

Totally agree - some people seem to have plenty of time and resources to spend on stringing others along...

By *eldomVanillaMan  over a year ago

London

I'm business sense I don't think it was the ethos fab ever wanted.

They want you to 'donate' when you can and give you perks for doing so.

I am sure if they was to move to this model plenty would leave and a Phoenix will no doubt come out of it offering the same service. Fabs will no doubt loose a lot of advertising income due to reduced subscribers and on the balance it might not pay off for them.

Plus the person who set it up would completely change their ethos and values potentially.

To summarise!

If payment is optional, members will happily pay. If payment is mandatory, the same people will refuse to pay

"To summarise!

If payment is optional, members will happily pay. If payment is mandatory, the same people will refuse to pay "

Yeah but those who pay aren't affected by those who don't, so what's their problem?

By *atcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

I definitely think it should. It's hardly expensive and it would get rid of so many idiots on here.

By *raditionalManMan  over a year ago

Manchestwr

You speak for yourself haha

"I definitely think it should. It's hardly expensive and it would get rid of so many idiots on here. "

Actually it wouldn't - as has been said several times on this thread, other similar sites that you have to pay for as just as full of them.

Plus add to that the sense of entitlement they'd have if they had paid and it would only make things worse.

The site works perfectly well as it is if you approach it in the right way and with the right expectations and I really don't see a need to change that

By *xycpl699Couple  over a year ago

kilmarnock

"Adding onto this, what about swingers clubs, why do we have to pay for them, should they be open to everybody without cost... I have my body armour on so hit me with it you are the poundland power ranger and I claim my £5 (Google it) "
will it hurt my eyes if I Google it ? Been caught out many times before. Hollie

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Yes

Stop being tight, its £5.00 where most others are at least 4 times that.

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

What if you're not having a good time? I find this site can be hard work. OK I have a few people I chat with, but that's it.

Recently, I've been chatting to someone, getting on well, then I sent them a face pic and they immediately blocked me. OK I realise my face isn't under the control of the site owners but I felt like shit for several days afterwards, despite my skin being pretty thick I found that was a bit of a blow to my confidence. Like hell would I continue to pay an expensive monthly subscription to experience that again!

» Add a new message to this topic