FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > What speed should I run at?

What speed should I run at?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *voryforebony OP   Man  over a year ago

boogie town

People tell me I should run at a slow enough pace that allows me to comfortably have a conversation however I prefer to run fast.

I do see a fair few (not all) women running in pairs and they seem to jog along then walk, then jog, then walk, chatting as they go.

Which do you think is right, a slow jog or as fast as Speedy Gonzales!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you have a heart rate sensor then 80/20 running works; 80% of the time you run with your heart rate in a low zone and 20% at a higher rate. I've been doing it for 6 months and have got quicker and my stamina has increased. It feels strange to run slow but it does work.

If you haven't got one then the "able to have a chat" rule works. Just have a short section where you up the rate in the mid section.

boogie town

"If you have a heart rate sensor then 80/20 running works; 80% of the time you run with your heart rate in a low zone and 20% at a higher rate. I've been doing it for 6 months and have got quicker and my stamina has increased. It feels strange to run slow but it does work.

If you haven't got one then the "able to have a chat" rule works. Just have a short section where you up the rate in the mid section. "

Right I see, good advice thanks. I have a heart rate sensor so I could do that. I run alone though so chatting as I go might get me a one way ticket to funnyvile farm! Suppose I could try and get a friend

By *ruebameMan  over a year ago

from the womb and tryout to get back

I try to keep my run to a 6 minute mile running ten mile every morning but everyone is different if you prefer to run short distances then fast pace is fine but if you wanting to run further then fast running won't work you will just burn out

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"People tell me I should run at a slow enough pace that allows me to comfortably have a conversation however I prefer to run fast.

I do see a fair few (not all) women running in pairs and they seem to jog along then walk, then jog, then walk, chatting as they go.

Which do you think is right, a slow jog or as fast as Speedy Gonzales!

"

Neither is right, neither is wrong. If you like to run fast but burn out quicker then do that. If you want to run further but are struggling then slow down.

By *rimson_RoseWoman  over a year ago

Lea Marston

It depends on your goal. What are you looking to achieve?

If you're doing a marathon your times will be different to if you're running a 5k or running for fun. And the time you hope to do this in will change this.

Most training plans will give you a long slow run, a tempo run and an interval run across each week but the pace you run at for each will all come back to your goal.

There are plenty of calculators online that you can pump a goal or a past race into and get your bandings for each type of run.

By *isty286Couple  over a year ago

Dorset

Just a bit faster than the police dog that's chasing you, unless you can find a bin to hide in, if the tv programs are anything to go by.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If you have a heart rate sensor then 80/20 running works; 80% of the time you run with your heart rate in a low zone and 20% at a higher rate. I've been doing it for 6 months and have got quicker and my stamina has increased. It feels strange to run slow but it does work.

If you haven't got one then the "able to have a chat" rule works. Just have a short section where you up the rate in the mid section.

Right I see, good advice thanks. I have a heart rate sensor so I could do that. I run alone though so chatting as I go might get me a one way ticket to funnyvile farm! Suppose I could try and get a friend "

Or use the method of breathing through your nose only. If you struggle to do that then you're not going slow enough

boogie town

"It depends on your goal. What are you looking to achieve?

If you're doing a marathon your times will be different to if you're running a 5k or running for fun. And the time you hope to do this in will change this.

Most training plans will give you a long slow run, a tempo run and an interval run across each week but the pace you run at for each will all come back to your goal.

There are plenty of calculators online that you can pump a goal or a past race into and get your bandings for each type of run. "

I'm not training for anything specific, Judy to be for and healthier. I can do 10k at 9 mins/mile but want to get that down to a maximum of 8.45mins/mile if I can. I've noticed already that my fitness had increased even though I do a lot of cycling. It's a win win really, the more you do the fitter you become and feel great.

By *_Yeah19Couple  over a year ago

Lincoln

I’ve never been a runner, recently getting better at it. Used to run about 10k speed on treadmill as it felt right, could only do a couple of mins then had to go down to 6.5 for walk for a bit.

A runner friend told me to go slower to be able to go longer but ignored him for ages, however recently tried it at 8.3k speed and did 14 mins which is my most ever. So I guess there is something in it

TB

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Fast enough to catch the bus

By *irkydirkyMan  over a year ago

crewe

If you’re running just to be healthier, run at a pace you enjoy and is sustainable long term

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

"If you’re running just to be healthier, run at a pace you enjoy and is sustainable long term "

Run Forest run

By *ldaCouple  over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

High intensity training is the trendy thing, shorter but harder. Depends on what you like and how much time you have. Unless you are training for anything specific, just do what you like. Ignore most of the bollocks spouted online!

» Add a new message to this topic