FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Capitals

Capitals

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ichNjudy OP   Couple  over a year ago

stoke on trent

Do profiles with parts of them in CAPITALS turn you off?

We're not sure about it ourselves, definitely think ones all in caps are a rather off putting (unless they is well fit, lol!) but really is there any need for it?

After all we can read thank you, and we know we're not the only ones on here who can. Yeah we know some can't.... but is all this CAPS like throwing the baby out with the bath water?

xxxx

ju & rich

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

I agree, capitals are shouting so shouldn't be any need to shout here!!! Usualy part of long winded but rubbish profiles!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I agree, capitals are shouting so shouldn't be any need to shout here!!! Usualy part of long winded but rubbish profiles!"
i tend to put them in because people just dont listen

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"I agree, capitals are shouting so shouldn't be any need to shout here!!! Usualy part of long winded but rubbish profiles!i tend to put them in because people just dont listen "

lol - i see your point - i can read just as well in lower case and also understand what's being said but there are some that can't - ce la vie

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I agree, capitals are shouting so shouldn't be any need to shout here!!! Usualy part of long winded but rubbish profiles!i tend to put them in because people just dont listen

lol - i see your point - i can read just as well in lower case and also understand what's being said but there are some that can't - ce la vie"

i am not meaning to come across aggresive or shouty , but just want to make sure my message comes across loud and clear

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Writing a few words in capitals to emphasise something is fine, but when I come across a profile written entirely in capitals, I move swiftly on!

It tells me all I need to know about the person(s) without actually reading it. And yes, the all capitals ones are usually loooooong and filled with a load of dos and don't, wills and won't!!

So far up their own backside(s) they can't see the wood for the trees!!! lol

By *eznhannahCouple  over a year ago

leeds

i hate seeing profiles that have 200 words upwards of how they dont want this and they will be so mad if you ask for that, ffs just tell people what you do want then if you get an unsuitable reply delete n move on,nothing bad will happen you wont die, the house wont catch fire, your alienatind a lot of your target audience i work in sales so i should know lol, but then when i read these profiles and they have "you guys just arent getting it" etc i always think, i bet people are winding them up on purpose now for having such a negative profile lol

well I gotta say my profile is all in caps, I never thought about whether it should or shouldnt be, and I agree it is shouting in the room, maybe one day I will change it, still no one has ever mentioned it to me as of yet lol. have a good week everyone, off to work now

Forum Mod

While I know that the use of caps can be seen as shouting I understand why some people would use them to highlight certain parts of their profile and that does'nt bother me at all,obviously if its used agressively then its a different matter

There is no other way to make something stand out apart from using caps on here

"I agree, capitals are shouting so shouldn't be any need to shout here!!! Usualy part of long winded but rubbish profiles!i tend to put them in because people just dont listen "

YA WHAT?

Yes we hate profiles written in capitals. As has already been said - the odd word or phrase is ok in an effort to highlight something - perhaps the option to underlne things may be beneficial here ..

However, profiles which comprise mostly of capitals turn us off - it's a bit like trying to communicate with a foreigner, if he cannot understand what you say, just say it LOUDER ...

It does annoy me but not half as much as seeing a profile written in text speak.

"It does annoy me but not half as much as seeing a profile written in text speak."

Have to agree, that's much worse, but how about text speak written in capitals ...

"Writing a few words in capitals to emphasise something is fine, but when I come across a profile written entirely in capitals, I move swiftly on!

It tells me all I need to know about the person(s) without actually reading it. And yes, the all capitals ones are usually loooooong and filled with a load of dos and don't, wills and won't!!

So far up their own backside(s) they can't see the wood for the trees!!! lol"

Thats lucky just checked my profile, no caps where the should not be apart from BBW which im proud to be.

Happy swinging

By *riendlyfunfemWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

I have some in mine. I feel I have to SHOUT some things because few people are paying attention and they clearly haven't read my profile. The bulk of my profile is just normal. Normal??? Lol.

OMG and text speak, its my pet hate!!

By *ichNjudy OP   Couple  over a year ago

stoke on trent

Then there is Txt Spk which is even worse!!

xxx

"Then there is Txt Spk which is even worse!!

xxx"

I believe anybody that uses this should have all fingers cut off with a blunt rusty knife and then to be safe using the same implement should have both there arms cut off at the shoulder blades, whilst been anally raped by one of those really wide fist type dildos and having cigarettes stubbed out in there eyes all at the same time.

xxx

I believe anybody that uses this should have all fingers cut off with a blunt rusty knife and then to be safe using the same implement should have both there arms cut off at the shoulder blades, whilst been anally raped by one of those really wide fist type dildos and having cigarettes stubbed out in there eyes all at the same time."

So your pretty reasonable about it then

By *rank_SimoneCouple  over a year ago

Bideford

We like a couple of capitals ..... New York and London lol.

In the profile as most have already said they are OK in the right context.

As for text speak, this is again OK for mobiles or the chat room, doesn't look right in a profile.

By *isterPepperMan  over a year ago

Central Swindon

[Removed by poster at 07/09/09 20:09:01]

By *isterPepperMan  over a year ago

Central Swindon

"We like a couple of capitals ..... New York and London lol. In the profile as most have already said they are OK in the right context. As for text speak, this is again OK for mobiles or the chat room, doesn't look right in a profile. "
New York, capital of finance?

By *rank_SimoneCouple  over a year ago

Bideford

"We like a couple of capitals ..... New York and London lol.

In the profile as most have already said they are OK in the right context.

As for text speak, this is again OK for mobiles or the chat room, doesn't look right in a profile.

New York, capital of finance?"

True the capital of of America is Washington ...... but to many its NY hence the two capitals ..... but we also included London as its our Capital.

xxx

I believe anybody that uses this should have all fingers cut off with a blunt rusty knife and then to be safe using the same implement should have both there arms cut off at the shoulder blades, whilst been anally raped by one of those really wide fist type dildos and having cigarettes stubbed out in there eyes all at the same time."

thts nt vry knd v u izzit?

» Add a new message to this topic