FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Age preference

Age preference

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *anilla no kink OP   Woman  over a year ago

plymouth

If noticed lots of guys put an age preference of 18-99 . Frankly it puts me off meeting any guys with such a wide age preference.Is that just me being to fussy or do others think the same

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nglishdoodMan  over a year ago

Morristown

The way this site is weighted on the female side, why limit your options?

Age is way down the list when it comes to deciding who's attractive or not for me.

plymouth

"The way this site is weighted on the female side, why limit your options?

Age is way down the list when it comes to deciding who's attractive or not for me.

"

But yours isn’t set at 18-99 thought is it

By *ikeyd_77Man  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"If noticed lots of guys put an age preference of 18-99 . Frankly it puts me off meeting any guys with such a wide age preference.Is that just me being to fussy or do others think the same "

Comes up as a standard thing on my profile, doesn't seem to be able to be removed, only narrowed down which I wouldn't

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I personally would chat to any age group and with this site having so many men it’s not the age group for me that matters it’s who you meet personally.

I am new to this and the site and it’s still very hard to get a meet !!! Maybe it’s just me lol but personally age is just a number x x

By *inkycreamCouple  over a year ago

manchester

We have a open age on ours , but our preferred is mature, yet never know if someone is interesting

plymouth

"We have a open age on ours , but our preferred is mature, yet never know if someone is interesting "

That’s cool and yours is set at 73 , I’m on about 18-99 age range though

"We have a open age on ours , but our preferred is mature, yet never know if someone is interesting

That’s cool and yours is set at 73 , I’m on about 18-99 age range though "

I think it’s just that it’s a default option and a lot of men just leave it as it does not hurt either way !!

Ps great pics and profile , looking for tips cos like I said it’s so hard for a bloke lol

manchester

"We have a open age on ours , but our preferred is mature, yet never know if someone is interesting

That’s cool and yours is set at 73 , I’m on about 18-99 age range though "

Hehe that’s showing off

By *on a MangerMan  over a year ago

somerset/Bristol

I understand the reason for filters... but what i dont get is why some are quite specific. OP yours is 38 to 59... what if there was a mister just right thats 37 or 60 you'd miss out.

Surely better to read the message look at the profile then decide

18-99 is the site default.

It simply means the owner of the profile has not bothered to change it.

I see it on single female and couple profiles too. It's not limited to just men

I think guy's have to cast a wider net!

Set my age ranger to that I'd feel comfortable with. We all have our preferences so should really set that from start. Have to say though at moment in preferring the older ladies mid 40's and above.

By *valanche1001Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Damn where are those elusive 99 year old swingers?

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

I agree sometimes they don't change it from the default,however it's more often than not men saying that age is just a number ,if turned down for being too old/young.

Miss

Tempted to change mine to 19-98 just for a giggle.

By *urryfannyfuntimeWoman  over a year ago

East Devon

Think of those poor 101 year olds missing out!

I leave my age preference wide, as there is nothing more annoying than being 35 and seeing someone who’s just down the road and desperate for a meet, but when you go to message them, it says they only want messages from people aged 25-34!

I'd say mid 20' to mid 50's all depends on the person

By *eriousGuyABCMan  over a year ago

( WEST OF ) Chippenham ish

A lot of guys are hopeless at guessing womens ages anyway. If you had a line of 10 ladies from 18 to 60 I bet none of the guys would get 100% correct spot on, so ages are largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. You could have a young looking 60 against an older looking 50, go figure as our USA cousins would say !

By *eriousGuyABCMan  over a year ago

( WEST OF ) Chippenham ish

"I leave my age preference wide, as there is nothing more annoying than being 35 and seeing someone who’s just down the road and desperate for a meet, but when you go to message them, it says they only want messages from people aged 25-34!

"

Yep, a lot have a cut off at 50, and as a 53 year old that sucks, esp as I'm no different to how I was 3 yrs ago !

"If noticed lots of guys put an age preference of 18-99 . Frankly it puts me off meeting any guys with such a wide age preference.Is that just me being to fussy or do others think the same "

Agree

What difference does it make?? Why have you chosen 38-59? Why not a 37 year old?? They could be more mature than a 38 year old you’re prepared to let message you?? Age is only a number surely? Doesn’t mean that a 20 year old guy is going to meet every 99 year old that messages them!! It just means they are more open than you??

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

To be fair the longer I have been in this game the less and less age has become a factor. Especially in the club scene me and My Girl have meet people across a huge age range. Some who have been on paper a fair bit out of what we'd say was in our 'range'. But yet on getting to know them, having a laught with them and seeing them in the flesh you find yourself attracted to them and sometimes having a good time with them. So it's been and eye opener to me that I can be attracted to someone outside of my range (especially a fair bit older). So I don't really consider age any more, I just consider if there is that spark and attraction. So naturally it follows I have a big age range. If someone is put off by the fact I can live with that and they are not for me. And that is perfectly fine. Maybe I either do something that they just find repulise or they are narrow minded. I have found attraction and shared moments with women a fair bit outside of my age. But I will not apologise for the people I come to find attractive or wish to spend a moment with.

By *.H.SMan  over a year ago

London

Broadering ones horizon loool

manchester

The one thing we always find is a better social interaction with over 50s, no offence to anyone

By *acavityMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"If noticed lots of guys put an age preference of 18-99 . Frankly it puts me off meeting any guys with such a wide age preference.Is that just me being too fussy or do others think the same "

I'm willing to talk to anyone, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to meet everyone.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

It's the default setting and I think a lot don't bother changing it or don't even realise it's an option - while it wouldn't deter me completely if I saw a profile with the 18-99 age range set, it would certainly make me think twice, especially if the rest of their profile wasn't up to much either.

Makes me laugh when you see the 18-99 age range coupled with a profile text that expresses a desire to meet a specific age range.

Whilst I agree that it's possible there might be someone just outside of an age range who would meet all other criteria and be a good match, I personally don't set the "only" tag on my preferred age range, which allows people outside of it to contact me still - but generally speaking the age range I have set is where I think I am most likely to have something in common with people.

21-55 is mine.. I know what I like and want!

By *axwellCouple  over a year ago

south lakes

[Removed by poster at 26/04/19 18:05:48]

Each to their own I suppose. I’ve set mine at 30-99. Not that I’ve seen any 99 year old on here lol!! I have a massive fantasy about being seduced by an older women so that’s why mine is high.

By *nglishdoodMan  over a year ago

Morristown

But yours isn’t set at 18-99 thought is it "

Hahah. Got you to look though

I will chat to any age group, doesn't mean I will meet them..

By *uHorny1Man  over a year ago

Cannock

It's frustrating when a woman looks at your profile and you go to message back, only to find you are just 1 or 2 years outside their preferred age range.

I think the same as you. My age preference are set to ages I feel comfortable with and as it's me that I'm on here for I think that is fair.

By *yesgreenMan  over a year ago

north and south

I prefer older ladies like your lovely self , but you have to keep your options open on here as you ladies have the Choice of the cream of the men ?

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Damn where are those elusive 99 year old swingers? "

They turned 100 lol

Mine was that for ages because I didn’t realise it was a thing on the site - many don’t when they first join

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"What difference does it make?? Why have you chosen 38-59? Why not a 37 year old?? They could be more mature than a 38 year old you’re prepared to let message you?? Age is only a number surely? Doesn’t mean that a 20 year old guy is going to meet every 99 year old that messages them!! It just means they are more open than you?? "

It's not just a number. Some of us want to meet younger, older or people our own age. It's called preference.

It doesn't bother me.

Well the standard age is when most cannot be bothered to use the filters or are very open haha! 25/50 is a decent one for us x

"What difference does it make?? Why have you chosen 38-59? Why not a 37 year old?? They could be more mature than a 38 year old you’re prepared to let message you?? Age is only a number surely? Doesn’t mean that a 20 year old guy is going to meet every 99 year old that messages them!! It just means they are more open than you?? "

If age was just a number, surely you wouldn’t have an upper age limit of 50?

I think many just don’t bother to change it, or go by the person. Which is fine, their choice!

I have a specific age range, I didn’t have it on at first, but replied to messages stating my preference and guys would say “Why I’m only a few years younger/older” and I simply tell them to respect my choice.

We all have preferences and they should be respected now matter how specific or ridiculous some may see them.

Some people are less fussy than others & that’s their right. Some of us are very fussy, that’s our right too.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I think many just don’t bother to change it, or go by the person. Which is fine, their choice!

I have a specific age range, I didn’t have it on at first, but replied to messages stating my preference and guys would say “Why I’m only a few years younger/older” and I simply tell them to respect my choice.

We all have preferences and they should be respected now matter how specific or ridiculous some may see them.

Some people are less fussy than others & that’s their right. Some of us are very fussy, that’s our right too. "

By *AABMan  over a year ago

Not far

My age ranges are flexible and blurred around the edges.

Wouldn't put me off but would think it's just laziness not to change it

The wife is hoping she will be one of the 99 year olds. A work in progress

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

There are far more fundamental things that would put me off, beyond the age range on a profile...

By *uperGuy68Man  over a year ago

Southampton

"

Exactly, a pulse is higher on the list for me!

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"It's frustrating when a woman looks at your profile and you go to message back, only to find you are just 1 or 2 years outside their preferred age range."

Why do you need to message them?

If they were interested they would contact you after viewing your profile!

Personally I'm only looking for someone over the age of 38 and younger than 55.

When you turn down a male in their early 30s or 20s they always go I love being with older females. I understand that but please understand when I say you are too young for me I mean it.

Mine is at default. I just look at the profile of person messaging before reading message and decide to delete or reply or leave to reply later.

My text says I like mature men though so amusing getting bombarded by 21 year old guys wanting to be my daddy .

Its a shame we can’t filter ages in male / female / couples independently as that would be handy rather than a blanket age search

OP - I agree.

For me..anyone under 30 is just too young (I'm pushing 50), and any one over 69 is likely too old.

It's not just a physical consideration, but what you have in common, can relate to or engage with. I'm not just a f*** and go type. I want a little conversation as well.

By *p230Man  over a year ago

Warwickshire

The age preference is surely just a guide a lot of younger people can be mature beyond their age & conversely a lot of mature people are still very young at heart , both in looks & attitude ,

Take everyone at face value xxx

By *uHorny1Man  over a year ago

Cannock

"It's frustrating when a woman looks at your profile and you go to message back, only to find you are just 1 or 2 years outside their preferred age range.

Why do you need to message them?

If they were interested they would contact you after viewing your profile!"

Good idea in theory, but it doesn't always work like that for men, particularly if like me, your face pics are not public. Ive ended up chatting to and then meeting a number of women who have initially looked at my profile without leaving a message.

By *hoot45Man  over a year ago

Ramsgate

"OP - I agree.

For me..anyone under 30 is just too young (I'm pushing 50), and any one over 69 is likely too old.

It's not just a physical consideration, but what you have in common, can relate to or engage with. I'm not just a f*** and go type. I want a little conversation as well."

I completely agree - I like to have a bit of a chat too, but I’ve had guy telling me they don’t do chat and just want the fun and then leave. I find older guys are more likely to have a bit of a joke and banter rather than just cum’n’go

» Add a new message to this topic