FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Ghosting....

Ghosting....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *parxyndpetal OP   Couple  over a year ago

Durham

What's everyones thoughts on ghosting??

If you get numerous of messages but don't respond to them is that classed as ghosting??

Would people prefer a response if they message someone and that person/s aren't interested??

People who message me daft messages like 'wanna fuck' etc then is it acceptable to ignore them as they aren't trying to engage in conversation if that makes sense??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uHorny1Man  over a year ago

Cannock

Speaking as someone who puts effort into messages, its nice to get a response, even if its no.

However, I know that women get:

A. Hundreds of messages that makes replying to them all impossible.

B. Some dreadful messages- either badly written, pointless or downright offensive.

So I understand why not everyone replies.

By *astyEricMan  over a year ago

Hull

Me personally would prefer delete message, that give me clear indication, not interested. But that's just me

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wouldn't say it's ghosting, more just ignoring. I think ghosting is where you're chatting with interest then just disappear and never contact them again.

I don't have a problem with people ignoring and deleting messages with no response. I'm not going to be everyone's cup of tea and I understand they might not have the time to respond to every message, especially ones with minimal effort. It would be nice to always get a response but it isn't the end of the world if we don't.

No, ghosting presupposes some sort of relationship in real life and then the person goes AWOL and never contacts you again

By *ranfondoMan  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

"I wouldn't say it's ghosting, more just ignoring. I think ghosting is where you're chatting with interest then just disappear and never contact them again.

I don't have a problem with people ignoring and deleting messages with no response. I'm not going to be everyone's cup of tea and I understand they might not have the time to respond to every message, especially ones with minimal effort. It would be nice to always get a response but it isn't the end of the world if we don't. "

+1.... I got a "Hey" message this morning that was it...

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Ghosting sucks and is cowardly

Durham

"Ghosting sucks and is cowardly"

Is that after you have spoke to someone then they cut off all contact?? I definitely agree it is cowardly.

Durham

Yeah it's hard to always reply to people when you know certain people are just on here as they think swingers = free fuck for all.... Bless them hahaha

By *hris196750Man  over a year ago

northallerton

I would rather get told no thanks than not know

"I would rather get told no thanks than not know "

Wouldn't we all, but that's not how things work in the marvellous Internet age

Excuse my stupidity what's ghosting

"Excuse my stupidity what's ghosting "

Ghosting is when someone ends a personal relationship with someone suddenly and without explanation withdrawing from all communication.

It doesn't really apply to people deleting messages without replying on here because there needs to have been some form of established relationship for ghosting to take place, doesn't apply to randoms.

Durham

"Excuse my stupidity what's ghosting

Ghosting is when someone ends a personal relationship with someone suddenly and without explanation withdrawing from all communication.

It doesn't really apply to people deleting messages without replying on here because there needs to have been some form of established relationship for ghosting to take place, doesn't apply to randoms."

That's what I assumed but seeing on another post people complaining about

Not having a response etc

Not replying to a message is ignoring. Ghosting is when you've established a relationship... be it dating or meeting regularly, then they go silent with no explanation. Ghosting is sometimes thrown around, just because messages are exchanged, then one decides not to continue the conversation. But to me that's not ghosting at all. Some can get really hurt by being ghosted, as they've built up a care for that person. To use it in just not responding to random messages downplays the true terminology, in my opinion.

Holly

By *inkysexpotMan  over a year ago

leeds

"Not replying to a message is ignoring. Ghosting is when you've established a relationship... be it dating or meeting regularly, then they go silent with no explanation. Ghosting is sometimes thrown around, just because messages are exchanged, then one decides not to continue the conversation. But to me that's not ghosting at all. Some can get really hurt by being ghosted, as they've built up a care for that person. To use it in just not responding to random messages downplays the true terminology, in my opinion.

Holly"

I'd say ghosting is this too

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"Not replying to a message is ignoring. Ghosting is when you've established a relationship... be it dating or meeting regularly, then they go silent with no explanation. Ghosting is sometimes thrown around, just because messages are exchanged, then one decides not to continue the conversation. But to me that's not ghosting at all. Some can get really hurt by being ghosted, as they've built up a care for that person. To use it in just not responding to random messages downplays the true terminology, in my opinion.

Holly"

Totally agree. People throw around the term 'ghosting' way too easily. If you've exchanged a few messages but one of you gets bored and stops replying, that isn't ghosting, and that person hasn't done anything wrong.

Online, you have to accept that people interact with lots of others, and you can't expect them to treat every interaction as some precious thing. None of us have time for that.

If you've actually met and have some reasonable expectations of the person, then ghosting is for sure rude.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"No, ghosting presupposes some sort of relationship in real life and then the person goes AWOL and never contacts you again "

That’s how I perceived it

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"What's everyones thoughts on ghosting??

If you get numerous of messages but don't respond to them is that classed as ghosting??

Would people prefer a response if they message someone and that person/s aren't interested??

People who message me daft messages like 'wanna fuck' etc then is it acceptable to ignore them as they aren't trying to engage in conversation if that makes sense?? "

this is not ghosting , it's when people have met , built up some kind of deeper relationship then one suddenly cuts all contact without any explanation

By *ndrew CareyMan  over a year ago

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire & Lincolnshire

"Speaking as someone who puts effort into messages, its nice to get a response, even if its no.

However, I know that women get:

A. Hundreds of messages that makes replying to them all impossible.

B. Some dreadful messages- either badly written, pointless or downright offensive.

So I understand why not everyone replies."

This

By *arlo82Woman  over a year ago

the gym and random places

Bein ghosted is horrendous! You spend weeks months messaging and getting to know each other then boom nothing. Worst of all is you don't even know if they're ok. It's just cruel .

Not replying to someone you've had a handful of messages online whilst is pretty shitty there's no friend or relationship there and the chat probably ran dry is all

It's technically not ghosting as ghosting actually means that you are having an actual relationship with someone then they all of a sudden, with no explanation, drop all contact with you. It is absolutely horrid!!

On here it's just someone you don't know that stops messaging you so not sure why it affects so many! Surely it's better to find out that they are a rude ignorant person before you meet? Much better to look at it as a blessing really!

Durham

"Bein ghosted is horrendous! You spend weeks months messaging and getting to know each other then boom nothing. Worst of all is you don't even know if they're ok. It's just cruel .

Not replying to someone you've had a handful of messages online whilst is pretty shitty there's no friend or relationship there and the chat probably ran dry is all "

I agree it's awful, I havnt had it through here but have when I was dating, its so disrespectful like you've been talking for weeks then nothing, at least have the balls to say you have lost interest xx

By *ndrew CareyMan  over a year ago

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire & Lincolnshire

"It's technically not ghosting as ghosting actually means that you are having an actual relationship with someone then they all of a sudden, with no explanation, drop all contact with you. It is absolutely horrid!!

On here it's just someone you don't know that stops messaging you so not sure why it affects so many! Surely it's better to find out that they are a rude ignorant person before you meet? Much better to look at it as a blessing really! "

I agree completely. Used to bother me initially but now I just chuckle to myself when it happens.

Thanks for your expert explanations

"What's everyones thoughts on ghosting??

People who message me daft messages like 'wanna fuck' etc then is it acceptable to ignore them as they aren't trying to engage in conversation if that makes sense?? "

these messages are acceptable to ghost. I usually give them cheek though much more fun

» Add a new message to this topic