FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Politeness

Politeness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arc5t5 OP   Man  over a year ago

Chorley

Being polite on here doesn't work seemingly. Wish someone a happy birthday and get ignored. Say someone looks stunning and get ignored. Maybe a change of tack and say you look like a #@#@ may get the same response

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Being polite on here doesn't work seemingly. Wish someone a happy birthday and get ignored. Say someone looks stunning and get ignored. Maybe a change of tack and say you look like a #@#@ may get the same response "

Agreed. The way in which some people speak to you on here is discusting. If you're polite then why would someone respond so directly? You cant win I'm afraid mate

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No, it doesn't. Reply to those "well meaning" messages and have people assume you're going to fuck them. Give an inch, they'll take a mile.

I'll delete happy birthday. I'll block whatever was behind your censoring.

Chorley

Who mentioned censoring

Manchester (she/her)

Or even if you give nothing. "I know you don't want X, but you seem so nice..."

If I give in to my nice or polite tendencies, I'll be eaten alive.

Manchester (she/her)

"Who mentioned censoring "

That's generally what #@#@ sort of thing means.

Chorley

So you only communicate with people you shag

Dont bother? fuck am I wasting hours on end trying to find people to message. No thanks

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"So you only communicate with people you shag

"

People's (well women's) lives would be totally consumed if they responded to every polite message on here.

I have friends if I want a chat.

I get told I stunning by 75-100 men a day. Let's face it, it's a line to try and get in my pants, and a silly one too given that my face isn't on show. How could they possibly know I'm stunning.

Hence why I gets met with no response from me.

Manchester (she/her)

"So you only communicate with people you shag"

I communicate on my terms here. With people I've developed a rapport with. Whether or not I have plans to shag them. It's on my profile.

If I replied to every throwaway compliment I'd need staff. And more than half of those seem to think that thanking someone for a compliment means I want to fuck them.

It doesn't work, but I will continue to be, meet or not

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

For those on here that just assume people are being rude by not answering messages, may want to see this below; from FAQ something you've obviously read:

There are too many rude people on here who don't reply to my messages!

It's not rude not to reply.

Some ladies and couples get hundreds of messages a day so it simply isn't possible for them to reply to everyone. If you don't get a response, you should assume they aren't interested. If you're getting a lot of "no-replies" then you should consider your profile and the messages you send. Are they giving the right message? Are you standing out from the thousands of other guys on here?

By *ora 123Man  over a year ago

Basildon

"I get told I stunning by 75-100 men a day. Let's face it, it's a line to try and get in my pants, and a silly one too given that my face isn't on show. How could they possibly know I'm stunning.

Hence why I gets met with no response from me. "

Sorry I cannot day if your stunning or not. You don’t have a face pic. And yes I still would like to get into your knickers.

Manchester (she/her)

"I get told I stunning by 75-100 men a day. Let's face it, it's a line to try and get in my pants, and a silly one too given that my face isn't on show. How could they possibly know I'm stunning.

Quite.

I'm not actually a raging bitch! I just know that if I engage in normal politeness it'll be taken advantage of. This is a fun activity for me. Not one involving endless thankless admin.

I communicate on my terms here. With people I've developed a rapport with. Whether or not I have plans to shag them. It's on my profile.

If I replied to every throwaway compliment I'd need staff. And more than half of those seem to think that thanking someone for a compliment means I want to fuck them. "

ok hun calm down

Manchester (she/her)

If I replied to every throwaway compliment I'd need staff. And more than half of those seem to think that thanking someone for a compliment means I want to fuck them. ok hun calm down"

"Being polite on here doesn't work seemingly. Wish someone a happy birthday and get ignored. Say someone looks stunning and get ignored. Maybe a change of tack and say you look like a #@#@ may get the same response "

Nobody has to reply to any message, polite, happy birthday or whatever. X

I'm polite to everyone on here and reply to nearly all my messages ... been on here a good few years and barely get a handful of rude messages a year!

Though I do hide my profile and put up nondescript photos when I don't have the time or the inclination like now.

Generally I find most guys respectful when messaging and those that might have got a little excited, a prod in the right direction gets a sorry back in most cases ...

I've never understood why some ladies get so unfairly picked on and are so unlucky with their fab experiences!!!

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman  over a year ago

Pontypridd

"Dont bother? fuck am I wasting hours on end trying to find people to message. No thanks "

But women are obliged to spend hours on end sending polite no thanks messages? Some people on here get literally hundreds of messages every day. Their time is as valuable as yours.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Doesn't work for what, are you only being polite in the expectation of something in return ?

I'm going to think twice before I wish anyone a happy birthday in future, it seems I've misunderstood.

Chorley

Are you polite when someone says good morning or do you just ignore them

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Are you polite when someone says good morning or do you just ignore them "

If I'm face to face I don't ignore them, no. If I say "good morning" to someone at the same time as 10, 100 or 500 people (which is probably how many messages the women you've politely told are stunning or wished a happy birthday receive) I don't expect an individual reply.

Chorley

Good job I didn't message you then as I don't tell lies to boost egos

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Good job I didn't message you then as I don't tell lies to boost egos "

. Oh dear.

By *irl1234xxxWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I started off trying to reply to as many messages as possible. It took hours.

No thanks usually gets either abuse or they think that the lines of communication are open and then more time is wasted (mine and theirs) with back and forth messaging.

Or they try to talk you into it or change your mind.

I don’t think it’s rude not to reply, it’s becoming impossible for most ladies anyway. I’d literally need a day off each week!

By *irl1234xxxWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Are you polite when someone says good morning or do you just ignore them "

One or two, yes I’d reply.

250 plus saying good morning? Think about it.

By *otwife for useCouple  over a year ago

manchester

Only so many one liners you can take

By *atcherwankerMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Only so many one liners you can take"

Seeing as you're here, I was wondering:

Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Odd, if I give a compliment it for the person I compliment, not for me.

There is an odd thing called abundant, it costs nothing to compliment someone.

And manners are usually a mirror.

Manchester (she/her)

"Are you polite when someone says good morning or do you just ignore them

250 plus saying good morning? Think about it."

I can see the exchange now.

Good morning!

Oh, thank you! And you!

Fancy a chat?

Sorry? I was just being polite.

Then talk to me, be polite!

Sorry, I've got other things to do...

Don't you want to fuck me then?

I have no idea! I was just being polite!

This is a sex site!

I'm well aware, but I was trying to be polite.

(insert abuse here)

Up on them there hills

"Are you polite when someone says good morning or do you just ignore them

250 plus saying good morning? Think about it.

I can see the exchange now.

Good morning!

Oh, thank you! And you!

Fancy a chat?

Sorry? I was just being polite.

Then talk to me, be polite!

Sorry, I've got other things to do...

Don't you want to fuck me then?

I have no idea! I was just being polite!

This is a sex site!

I'm well aware, but I was trying to be polite.

(insert abuse here) "

Mmm abuse, where would you like me to start.

I'm always polite .Ask a few of my fab friends.. It pays to be polite and respectful.

It's nice to be nice but its nicer to be naughty ..Ha

By *jangoMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

Evening everyone.

Oh and happy birthday

We went down the polite refusal route....only to be bombarded with abuse, begging, promises and threats...yes...one guy said he recognised Vamp’s tattoo, and would be only too happy to give me a kicking...

Hence why now, we include the phrase, “If w do not respond, take that as a polite No Thanks”

Up on them there hills

"I'm always polite .Ask a few of my fab friends.. It pays to be polite and respectful.

It's nice to be nice but its nicer to be naughty ..Ha "

You were part of the orgy in Pandora’s, flipping ‘eck that was a hot night....

Manchester (she/her)

"We went down the polite refusal route....only to be bombarded with abuse, begging, promises and threats...yes...one guy said he recognised Vamp’s tattoo, and would be only too happy to give me a kicking...

Hence why now, we include the phrase, “If w do not respond, take that as a polite No Thanks”"

"I know delete without reply means no thank you, but..."

"We went down the polite refusal route....only to be bombarded with abuse, begging, promises and threats...yes...one guy said he recognised Vamp’s tattoo, and would be only too happy to give me a kicking...

Hence why now, we include the phrase, “If w do not respond, take that as a polite No Thanks”

"I know delete without reply means no thank you, but..." "

We now delete, and block...saves hassle...and, we are now changing status and profile...no more single guys

they look at profiles and pics first and all your pics are cock and your avatar is a woman sucking a cock, imagine that could be the reason why no reply

Chorley

"We went down the polite refusal route....only to be bombarded with abuse, begging, promises and threats...yes...one guy said he recognised Vamp’s tattoo, and would be only too happy to give me a k haven't done it yet lmao

We now delete, and block...saves hassle...and, we are now changing status and profile...no more single guys"

good for you pity you haven't done it

"I'm always polite .Ask a few of my fab friends.. It pays to be polite and respectful.

You were part of the orgy in Pandora’s, flipping ‘eck that was a hot night...."

Now that was a right night 12 on the bed .. I met some wonderful people and still see them on a regular basis. That was one ticked off my bucket list .. Lol

Chorley

"I know delete without reply means no thank you, but..." "

Didn't you visit the Lancashire unsocial

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"We went down the polite refusal route....only to be bombarded with abuse, begging, promises and threats...yes...one guy said he recognised Vamp’s tattoo, and would be only too happy to give me a k haven't done it yet lmao

We now delete, and block...saves hassle...and, we are now changing status and profile...no more single guys good for you pity you haven't done it "

This is your problem, you're rude! Solve your attitude problem then come back.

Up on them there hills

You were part of the orgy in Pandora’s, flipping ‘eck that was a hot night....

Now that was a right night 12 on the bed .. I met some wonderful people and still see them on a regular basis. That was one ticked off my bucket list .. Lol "

Cane out of the room totally dehydrated.

Think L did as well.

I think some of the males on here need to get a grip and accept the reality that it's not possible for them to always reply.

A female friend of mine who rarely logs on showed me how she got over 100 messages in the space of say 30 mins. Obviously she has a life and isnt going to reply to most if not all of them. She also got a lot of mean spirited and abusive messages. This is the reality, Males are in abundance here and are often on the prowl. Its common sense that you will be ignored most the time, accept it for what it is and move on. Why you so bitter?

Nice topic, some members are living in prejudice "I know intention of brithday wish message" perhaps courtesy nothing else, but hey I am not judging you, I am convicting you, since you are single male and I paint with same brush and same color to all single male... I too did many times and received thank you message never send message asking sex favour, because I wished and has to be reciprocated... Need break

"Being polite on here doesn't work seemingly. Wish someone a happy birthday and get ignored. Say someone looks stunning and get ignored. Maybe a change of tack and say you look like a #@#@ may get the same response

Doesn't work for what, are you only being polite in the expectation of something in return ?

I'm going to think twice before I wish anyone a happy birthday in future, it seems I've misunderstood."

anyone would think thrice now

Manchester (she/her)

"Nice topic, some members are living in prejudice "I know intention of brithday wish message" perhaps courtesy nothing else, but hey I am not judging you, I am convicting you, since you are single male and I paint with same brush and same color to all single male... I too did many times and received thank you message never send message asking sex favour, because I wished and has to be reciprocated... Need break"

I never specified that it was just men who did this.

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

Didn't you visit the Lancashire unsocial "

You realise you're proving the point everyone's made about how a polite reply frequently leads to a load of abuse, yes?

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

You realise you're proving the point everyone's made about how a polite reply frequently leads to a load of abuse, yes? "

Exactly and proves the point why most females don't bother to reply

By *ippa 63TV/TS  over a year ago

Billinge

I dont get the number of posts you ladies get (aw). When i do i reply with politeness. But a couple came on to me regarding a meet in Blackpool. We left it with i would keep in touch with them. I contacted the hotel that we both attended and was told the hotel was closed that weekend i could go. I contacted the couple and told them. Message just got deleted. No thanks kiss my arse or anything. Surely that's wrong.

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

You realise you're proving the point everyone's made about how a polite reply frequently leads to a load of abuse, yes?

Exactly and proves the point why most females don't bother to reply "

the irony of a thread being titled politeness when compared with the OP retorts

the irony of a thread being titled politeness when compared with the OP retorts "

So true

We now delete, and block...saves hassle...and, we are now changing status and profile...no more single guys good for you pity you haven't done it "

Thanks for reminding me...I was too busy dealing with my diabetic husband, and it slipped my mind. Done now.

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

the irony of a thread being titled politeness when compared with the OP retorts "

How to shoot yourself in the foot in one easy lesson.....

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Op, you've had replies by several people on this forum, I note you haven't replied to all of those who have answered your initial post. Would you say that's rude and hypocritical, as you've been selective ?

Why don't you go back and reply to everyone, or is that too many for you and maybe a waste of your time ?

Now do you understand why women don't answer every message they get ?

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

What we cannot understand if said ladies get hundreds of messages a day why do they not just set their filters so single men or couples cannot contact them.They could then be proactive and do the hunting and only contact the men / couples that take their fancy. That way everyone is happy. Or are we missing something?

Manchester (she/her)

"What we cannot understand if said ladies get hundreds of messages a day why do they not just set their filters so single men or couples cannot contact them.They could then be proactive and do the hunting and only contact the men / couples that take their fancy. That way everyone is happy. Or are we missing something? "

The search functions aren't set up for the kinds of numbers I'd have to trawl through. My filters are set where it works for me. Yes I still have to deal with nonsense, but if less people sent nonsense...?

By *eviationMan  over a year ago

Brynamman

Use block

block single males work through them

Unblock recieve single males

Block etc etc

But then they wont be able to ------------------fill in as appropriate or not lol

portsmouth

We may be wrong but it seems some people like to get loads of message regardless of the quality of those messages as it strokes their egos.

Manchester (she/her)

"We may be wrong but it seems some people like to get loads of message regardless of the quality of those messages as it strokes their egos. "

Possible that some people do. Regardless of the number of messages I get, experience here tells me that applying normal societal politeness to my inbox doesn't work.

Dudley

"We may be wrong but it seems some people like to get loads of message regardless of the quality of those messages as it strokes their egos. "

So it's the woman's fault if she gets sent abuse? Get a grip, we shouldn't have to protect ourselves from abusive dickheads, they should stop being abusive dickheads. We are not the ones in the wrong here.

Manchester (she/her)

"We may be wrong but it seems some people like to get loads of message regardless of the quality of those messages as it strokes their egos.

So it's the woman's fault if she gets sent abuse? Get a grip, we shouldn't have to protect ourselves from abusive dickheads, they should stop being abusive dickheads. We are not the ones in the wrong here. "

It's always the way on here, isn't it? Abusive threatening entitled rude men doing their thing? Oh, you women need to change it!

No. Abusive etc people need to learn some bloody manners and respect.

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

My filters are left open for people who I meet at clubs & for those who want to know about club events etc I would imagine those who host events at clubs & possibly other club goers do the same

Manchester (she/her)

My filters are set to what works for me. My behaviour is indicated on my profile and is what works for me, within prevailing norms.

If anyone wants me to loosen up, please start with the people who I'm reacting to. They're the ones in the wrong. I'm just defending myself.

portsmouth

"We may be wrong but it seems some people like to get loads of message regardless of the quality of those messages as it strokes their egos.

Possible that some people do. Regardless of the number of messages I get, experience here tells me that applying normal societal politeness to my inbox doesn't work. "

We fully acknowledge that politeness and being friendly can be taken out of context by a few on here.

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

They lied ?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I must be on a different site to other women as i dont get abuse. Think ive had 3 abusive messages in 13 years. I just run my profile the way it works for me

Manchester (she/her)

"I must be on a different site to other women as i dont get abuse. Think ive had 3 abusive messages in 13 years. I just run my profile the way it works for me"

You're quite fortunate. I've had abuse from the word go.

Dudley

"I must be on a different site to other women as i dont get abuse. Think ive had 3 abusive messages in 13 years. I just run my profile the way it works for me

You're quite fortunate. I've had abuse from the word go. "

Same, simply from saying 'sorry, youre not my type'

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

It must be intolerable to get abuse for simply saying no..

Block and move on..

portsmouth

So it's the woman's fault if she gets sent abuse? Get a grip, we shouldn't have to protect ourselves from abusive dickheads, they should stop being abusive dickheads. We are not the ones in the wrong here. "

We did not say "women" we said "some people", You are jumping to conclusions. Dickhead heads as you call them are part and parcel of real life and everyone needs to take precautions to protect themselves from them. They have always been there and always will be as they are part and parcel of life.

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I must be on a different site to other women as i dont get abuse. Think ive had 3 abusive messages in 13 years. I just run my profile the way it works for me

You're quite fortunate. I've had abuse from the word go.

Same, simply from saying 'sorry, youre not my type'"

I've also received abuse from those that have just joined and whom I have never spoke to before!(obviously been here before!)

I have also been the victim of a hatred 'kik' group, (men, women & couples) The woman was the instigator, spreading rumours because they thought I was above my station lol, you name I have had it!

I just stay in my little neck of the woods and attack back when hit, I wont tolerate that behaviour from anybody or sometimes I just ignore to see if they are a one hit wonder or just to let them know they haven't got to me in the slightest, which they haven't, so I probably leave them even more frustrated

Manchester (she/her)

So it's the woman's fault if she gets sent abuse? Get a grip, we shouldn't have to protect ourselves from abusive dickheads, they should stop being abusive dickheads. We are not the ones in the wrong here. We did not say "women" we said "some people", You are jumping to conclusions. Dickhead heads as you call them are part and parcel of real life and everyone needs to take precautions to protect themselves from them. They have always been there and always will be as they are part and parcel of life. "

Perhaps. But those who abuse are the problem. I deal with it. By being, as the OP would put it, rude.

Dudley

So it's the woman's fault if she gets sent abuse? Get a grip, we shouldn't have to protect ourselves from abusive dickheads, they should stop being abusive dickheads. We are not the ones in the wrong here. We did not say "women" we said "some people", You are jumping to conclusions. Dickhead heads as you call them are part and parcel of real life and everyone needs to take precautions to protect themselves from them. They have always been there and always will be as they are part and parcel of life. "

Not responding is us taking precautions!

portsmouth

Just a suggestion but if people would like to save themselves possible dramas if they do not wish to respond to a message would be to delete & block. Very simple to do and very effective.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Just a suggestion but if people would like to save themselves possible dramas if they do not wish to respond to a message would be to delete & block. Very simple to do and very effective.

"

you can make this site very easy for yourself if you put your mind to it

By *otstuffbabeCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

I get loads of messages - tend to delete/block if not my type/2 word message/cock pic/ - can't reply to all messages just those that appeal to me - works for me and I'm not rude or impolite

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Just a suggestion but if people would like to save themselves possible dramas if they do not wish to respond to a message would be to delete & block. Very simple to do and very effective.

you can make this site very easy for yourself if you put your mind to it "

Yeap, easy to delete and block once you know who they are! A little easier said than done in some cases

Manchester (she/her)

"

Thanks, I have a system that works for me. I've given it some thought and optimised given the challenges faced.

yesterday was my birthday

i received lots of messages and i politely said thank you to all

a few asked to chat. i said i didnt wish to as no plans to meet/waste their time

the men who were insistent in chatting and trying to persuade me to add as a friend in case i changed my mind was ridiculous

this is exactly why we ignore messages

"yesterday was my birthday

i received lots of messages and i politely said thank you to all

a few asked to chat. i said i didnt wish to as no plans to meet/waste their time

the men who were insistent in chatting and trying to persuade me to add as a friend in case i changed my mind was ridiculous

this is exactly why we ignore messages

"

me to

By *wist my nipplesCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Feel free to try your alternative approach on us if you wish Mr.

"Dont bother? fuck am I wasting hours on end trying to find people to message. No thanks

But women are obliged to spend hours on end sending polite no thanks messages? Some people on here get literally hundreds of messages every day. Their time is as valuable as yours. "

I don't care if you reply or bot because there wouldn'r be a message from me to reply to

» Add a new message to this topic