FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > True submissives

True submissives

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

In my experience, this is the most elusive of creatures.. Most are play submissive's only or situational submissives.. I've been around the world of kink for a long time and in all of that time I've only known one truly 24/7 submissive. Not really a question, just an observation

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What is a true submissive though? You can get bratty subs, little subs, service orientated subs, obedient subs who like rules and discipline, slutty subs, masochistic subs, role play subs, subs who also switch.....They're all wonderful in their own unique ways, but it's just a case of finding one you're compatible with.

[Removed by poster at 28/09/19 11:44:17]

Define 'true'?

"Define 'true'?

"

I would define a true submissive as one who lives a 24/7 lifestyle, who's entire being is defined by servitude and deference to another.

I don't mean this post as an attack or to denigrate anyone. Simply curious as to what others think

"What is a true submissive though? You can get bratty subs, little subs, service orientated subs, obedient subs who like rules and discipline, slutty subs, masochistic subs, role play subs, subs who also switch.....They're all wonderful in their own unique ways, but it's just a case of finding one you're compatible with. "

Hmmm this is perfectly correct. However, there are subs that are a little bit of this and that with the switch aside.

I believe the OP was referring to more a sub that is full time rather than just playtime. This hard to achieve in today's society and misgivings so they exist just not as you may think.

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

"Define 'true'?

I would define a true submissive as one who lives a 24/7 lifestyle, who's entire being is defined by servitude and deference to another.

I don't mean this post as an attack or to denigrate anyone. Simply curious as to what others think"

I’d suggest that’s more slave. But there’s no one twu way. Just people who are well matched and those who aren’t.

"In my experience, this is the most elusive of creatures.. Most are play submissive's only or situational submissives.. I've been around the world of kink for a long time and in all of that time I've only known one truly 24/7 submissive. Not really a question, just an observation"

In the kink scene in my town there are lots of subs. But it’s a very personal thing. How submissive one person is maybe me too much or not enough for another.

My partner is submissive with me but not in her work life and we fit perfectly. Within the kink scene, dynamics have to be negotiated and we all evolve in our own ways

By *ibblingnewtWoman  over a year ago

by the sea

"In my experience, this is the most elusive of creatures.. Most are play submissive's only or situational submissives.. I've been around the world of kink for a long time and in all of that time I've only known one truly 24/7 submissive. Not really a question, just an observation"

Can link submissive tendency’s to so many factors especially if it’s sexual or play submissive that’s quite common but for servitude and behaviour 24/7 is going to be a rare find

Everyone seems to be a subby nowadays

Like finding a needle in a haystack

"In my experience, this is the most elusive of creatures.. Most are play submissive's only or situational submissives.. I've been around the world of kink for a long time and in all of that time I've only known one truly 24/7 submissive. Not really a question, just an observation

Can link submissive tendency’s to so many factors especially if it’s sexual or play submissive that’s quite common but for servitude and behaviour 24/7 is going to be a rare find

Like finding a needle in a haystack "

Yes, this exactly.. The same as with doms, every guy is now a dom with little or no understanding of the true responsibility of being a dom, that one can just decide to be a dom rather than dominance being an enate quality.

"In my experience, this is the most elusive of creatures.. Most are play submissive's only or situational submissives.. I've been around the world of kink for a long time and in all of that time I've only known one truly 24/7 submissive. Not really a question, just an observation

Like finding a needle in a haystack

Yes, this exactly.. The same as with doms, every guy is now a dom with little or no understanding of the true responsibility of being a dom, that one can just decide to be a dom rather than dominance being an enate quality. "

I think you mean innate

by the sea

In the kink scene in my town there are lots of subs. But it’s a very personal thing. How submissive one person is maybe me too much or not enough for another.

My partner is submissive with me but not in her work life and we fit perfectly. Within the kink scene, dynamics have to be negotiated and we all evolve in our own ways "

Very healthy approach, we all have so many sides to us, having one would be rather boring anyway

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Let people he who they are. That's truth.

by the sea

"Let people he who they are. That's truth."

Very true and a truly important part of understanding anyone is the key for them to be exactly who they are.

A D&S relationship can enable a couple to fullfill a dynamic that’s altogether totally different to any other experience they might have in a vanilla world, I find it very rewarding even to the degree it’s all consuming

at times too

By *ensualMan  over a year ago

Sutton

My personal view is to distrust anyone who talks of "twew" doms or submissives. Also those who talk about "natural" or "innate" doms or subs. Accepting there has to be some inclination within a person to take a role within a relationship. But I don't believe people intuitively know everything about the role. It is usually as people have mentioned relationship dependent, a bit of personal growth and a bit of fantasy meets reality.

As an example my interests are impact and sensation, that would not work for a submissive into service or into humiliation. That does not mean they are bad submissives, just not the submissives for me.

Even in a total power exchange couple or a Gorean couple, like any relationship both parties have to make the relationship work in the real world, and with the personalities involved.

To imagine a true submissive automatically behaves in a De Sade characterisation of a submissive or even a submissive from Laura Antoniou's Marketplace, or a compliant fucktoy, is in my view, to confuse fantasy with reality.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

These may or may not exist, but Fab is probably a bad place to find them.

"My personal view is to distrust anyone who talks of "twew" doms or submissives. Also those who talk about "natural" or "innate" doms or subs. Accepting there has to be some inclination within a person to take a role within a relationship. But I don't believe people intuitively know everything about the role. It is usually as people have mentioned relationship dependent, a bit of personal growth and a bit of fantasy meets reality.

As an example my interests are impact and sensation, that would not work for a submissive into service or into humiliation. That does not mean they are bad submissives, just not the submissives for me.

Even in a total power exchange couple or a Gorean couple, like any relationship both parties have to make the relationship work in the real world, and with the personalities involved.

To imagine a true submissive automatically behaves in a De Sade characterisation of a submissive or even a submissive from Laura Antoniou's Marketplace, or a compliant fucktoy, is in my view, to confuse fantasy with reality.

"

I didn't mean to infer that one can simple know all of the facets of being a dom, simply that being dominant or submissive is not a choice, the same as one does not choose to be gay or straight, one simply is.

And I have in my life been lucky enough to encounter a true submissive, in that it was her defining characteristic

By *ust_A_Tease_To_PleaseWoman  over a year ago

South Wales: Newport, Chepstow

My submission hugely depends on the other person, and the level of trust we have developed.

One element many don't stop to consider is if they are the right type person for the kind of person they want.

For example, if you want a 24/7 1950s service sub, are you the kind of person, with the skills and resources for them to see you as someone they want to be with.

Sutton

"My personal view is to distrust anyone who talks of "twew" doms or submissives. Also those who talk about "natural" or "innate" doms or subs. Accepting there has to be some inclination within a person to take a role within a relationship. But I don't believe people intuitively know everything about the role. It is usually as people have mentioned relationship dependent, a bit of personal growth and a bit of fantasy meets reality.

I didn't mean to infer that one can simple know all of the facets of being a dom, simply that being dominant or submissive is not a choice, the same as one does not choose to be gay or straight, one simply is.

And I have in my life been lucky enough to encounter a true submissive, in that it was her defining characteristic"

How then would you explain switches?

I accept everyone is different, but I have seen too many say they are either dom or sub but in their kink journey they switch.

However in terms of a submissive, I think the person's personality should be their defining characteristic and submission an aspect of it.

As people have pointed out submission takes different forms, and I would have to understand more what is meant by "submission being a defining characteristic". I would hope it does not mean being a door mat. As the door mat view of submissives is a potential red flag of an abuser.

But your view is as valid as anybodies for what you want. I just don't believe that having a personal view of what a submissive should be means anyone that does not match that personal view is not a true submissive.

Sutton

"These may or may not exist, but Fab is probably a bad place to find them. "

I have met and spoken to excellent submissives, doms, and switches on Fab.

And I have in my life been lucky enough to encounter a true submissive, in that it was her defining characteristic

How then would you explain switches?

I accept everyone is different, but I have seen too many say they are either dom or sub but in their kink journey they switch.

However in terms of a submissive, I think the person's personality should be their defining characteristic and submission an aspect of it.

As people have pointed out submission takes different forms, and I would have to understand more what is meant by "submission being a defining characteristic". I would hope it does not mean being a door mat. As the door mat view of submissives is a potential red flag of an abuser.

But your view is as valid as anybodies for what you want. I just don't believe that having a personal view of what a submissive should be means anyone that does not match that personal view is not a true submissive. "

With all due respect, to bring the term 'abuser' and 'red flag' into this conversation is completely unwarented! As a dom, my submissives safety and happiness are my fist concern, ALWAYS!

Sutton

[Removed by poster at 28/09/19 16:07:41]

Sutton

My point was and I think it is a valid one, that too many "doms" think that a "true submissive" is a door mat to be used and abused. Too many submissives enter the scene wanting to be a "true submissive" and end up emotionally and physically burned.

Therefore, I was clarifying that a "dom" with the view that a "true submissive" is a doormat, could be an abuser. That is my experience of the scene. I think it is important from an educational point of view to state that a person can be a "true submissive" without having to be a doormat.

I was not making any accusations.

You can be a true submissive without living it 24/7

Most submissives have lives and jobs

By *hocko87Man  over a year ago

dublin

I have always wanted to try out my submissive side but have never found the right partner ..

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

That was quick user no longer on site. After 22 hours!

I'm a bratty sub, who lives 24/7 D/s. Our D/s alows us very easy to do this.

"You can be a true submissive without living it 24/7

Most submissives have lives and jobs "

This.

Everyone’s definition of a “true” submissive will be different.

By *Jones19Man  over a year ago

Evesham, Worcester, Pershore

Always find these interesting reads. Anyone that's been involved in sub/dom play/relationship knows that they prefer/enjoy in a partner. Asking for a "true sub" and then saying what you believe it to be, comes across as a bit ignorant at best.

» Add a new message to this topic