FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > How horribly rude! Site member

How horribly rude! Site member

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inful_couple OP   Couple  over a year ago

Frimley

Wow ... a site member sent us a message asking for us to get in touch if we were interested ... we weren't interested as we have already been chatting to plenty of people and they didn't really suit us so we sent a polite message back saying thank you for the interest but we had plenty of people to chat to at the moment.

They responded with "Ok suit yourself..." and BLOCKED us!!!

Seriously ... just because you can't have everything you desire doesn't mean you should be bloody rude! We're disgusted at the couple who did this.

Anyone else got any really rude people on here? I'd name and shame them but I'm not sure that'd be sporting.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It could be for the same reason I sometimes block those I have no interest in.... my memory isn't great, and that way I don't contact them again by mistake.

Try to grow a bit of thicker skin... at least they didn't call you a cunt, or anything!

Frimley

I disagree. The response was clearly an annoyed response. We were so polite ... even put a little kiss at the end.

Their response was blunt, and rude. I'm sorry but manners costs nothing and we reply very sweetly and politely to everyone regardless of if we're interested or not. I think rudeness is incredibly low class is all. It's not about a thicker skin for us, it's about simple manners.

Oh well. I'm just glad we don't act like grumpy brats if people aren't interested.

"Wow ... a site member sent us a message asking for us to get in touch if we were interested ... we weren't interested as we have already been chatting to plenty of people and they didn't really suit us so we sent a polite message back saying thank you for the interest but we had plenty of people to chat to at the moment.

Seriously ... just because you can't have everything you desire doesn't mean you should be bloody rude! We're disgusted at the couple who did this.

Anyone else got any really rude people on here? I'd name and shame them but I'm not sure that'd be sporting."

I'm not seeing anything "horribly rude" about that?

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"Wow ... a site member sent us a message asking for us to get in touch if we were interested ... we weren't interested as we have already been chatting to plenty of people and they didn't really suit us so we sent a polite message back saying thank you for the interest but we had plenty of people to chat to at the moment.

Anyone else got any really rude people on here? I'd name and shame them but I'm not sure that'd be sporting."

blocking isnt rude it is a site tool that people use for different reasons, often so as not to contact people again.

hexham

"I disagree. The response was clearly an annoyed response. We were so polite ... even put a little kiss at the end.

Their response was blunt, and rude. I'm sorry but manners costs nothing and we reply very sweetly and politely to everyone regardless of if we're interested or not. I think rudeness is incredibly low class is all. It's not about a thicker skin for us, it's about simple manners.

Oh well. I'm just glad we don't act like grumpy brats if people aren't interested. "

no you just started a thread saying how superior you are,

Frimley

As I say ... we wrote a very nice reply, and spent time on that ... the message coupled with the blocking was clearly a grumpy response.

Remember ... it takes moments to write a response that says "Thank you for replying and it's fine we understand" or whatever.

Oh well.

"I disagree. The response was clearly an annoyed response. We were so polite ... even put a little kiss at the end.

Oh well. I'm just glad we don't act like grumpy brats if people aren't interested. "

ah well, lets agree to differ!

Frimley

[Removed by poster at 16/04/12 19:45:14]

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

You think that was rude???

You should see some of the messages I have received and I've never even spoken to them before....a thick skin is needed on here, so I suggest you grow one

Frimley

"You think that was rude???

You should see some of the messages I have received and I've never even spoken to them before....a thick skin is needed on here, so I suggest you grow one "

Ok. Or from now on I guess we'll just not respond to people if we're uninterested.

It's interesting to me that people here think manners are unimportant. I guess we're not used to the messaging thing. Perhaps we just put far too much effort in :/

Totally off topic, love your swallow tattoos!

hexham

"As I say ... we wrote a very nice reply, and spent time on that ... the message coupled with the blocking was clearly a grumpy response.

Remember ... it takes moments to write a response that says "Thank you for replying and it's fine we understand" or whatever.

Oh well."

If you have time to waste crafting Shakespearean replies to every message that is your choice, accept others do not and that it doesnt make them bad people, busier perhaps, but not bad.

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

it's not that rude as replies go and maybe they did have the hump a little but it could have been far worse - carry on being polite there are people who appreciate a nice reply

I agree with you sinful couple.

When we first joined we spent a lot of time replying to people, even it was a polite "No thanks".

We stopped doing it when we got what was an obvious "cut and paste" message a few weeks later from the same people who had obviously forgotten that they had contacted us previously.

We don't waste our time now and only respond to the people who we wwant to chat with.

Frimley

"Totally off topic, love your swallow tattoos!"

Thanks, I appreciate that.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

You should see some of the messages I have received and I've never even spoken to them before....a thick skin is needed on here, so I suggest you grow one "

Come back when you have been called a fat slag who only gets ducked by the desperate then you will.know what rude is

Frimley

"As I say ... we wrote a very nice reply, and spent time on that ... the message coupled with the blocking was clearly a grumpy response.

Oh well.

If you have time to waste crafting Shakespearean replies to every message that is your choice, accept others do not and that it doesnt make them bad people, busier perhaps, but not bad."

A nice reply can take just as few words as a blunt unfriendly one. Busier ... hah ... I wish.

I thought it seemed like a decent response lol....It's a swinging site not friends reunited. I tend to block people I don't wanna meet aswell.

I've said no to people and have been called a slag and a fat bitch in response,I find it funny when peolpleget mad.....No one likes rejection but that wasn't really rude in my eyes.

xx

evesham

You should see some of the messages I have received and I've never even spoken to them before....a thick skin is needed on here, so I suggest you grow one

Ok. Or from now on I guess we'll just not respond to people if we're uninterested.

It's interesting to me that people here think manners are unimportant. I guess we're not used to the messaging thing. Perhaps we just put far too much effort in :/"

Don't think anyone has said manners aren't important, its nice of you to send a no thanks message, I do to. But you get all.het up because they blocked you, why?

It's a tricky one. We tend only to block people who offend us as we think blocking implies something has been done wrong. But also people do use this tool for other reasons to. We all have diff values so I Wud put it down to experience and I don't think you have set yourselves up as elite. All play nicely lol xxx

How is blocking being rude?? It's there to be used for goodness sake. Manners are very important to me but if I see a profile and don't like the look of it I would block them before we had even spoken to save the hassle if they ever did get in touch.

Scotland - Aberdeen

It's interesting to me that people here think manners are unimportant. I guess we're not used to the messaging thing. Perhaps we just put far too much effort in :/"

No matter what you do, someone will always pick fault!

I had had abusive messages from a lot of guys I have never spoke to before let alone said thanks, but no thanks.

I find that if you do a thanks but no thanks, you immediately get a response asking why, so as a single female I no longer bother to reply, as can lead to more hassle and also opens you to abuse when they throw the dummy out the pram!

After all you haven't asked them to mail you so your not being rude by not responding.

Just my thoughts

Frimley

"It's a tricky one. We tend only to block people who offend us as we think blocking implies something has been done wrong. But also people do use this tool for other reasons to. We all have diff values so I Wud put it down to experience and I don't think you have set yourselves up as elite. All play nicely lol xxx"

Far from it indeed. Anyone who's ever spoken to us will surely attest to how nice we are ... that's not being suprior or elite is it? That's just being nice. Because being nice is something to be able to shout about. We're no better than anyone else. We just put more thought into our responses.

Oh well. Kinda wish I hadn't made the thread now. Seems a little pointless. We'll just continue to respond to everyone with the same attitude we have done and accept that some people will get annoyed because they get a no. Meh.

Thanks for your input everyone. No need to continue this thread. Seems obvious what the general consensus is for replying

hexham

Oh well.

If you have time to waste crafting Shakespearean replies to every message that is your choice, accept others do not and that it doesnt make them bad people, busier perhaps, but not bad.

A nice reply can take just as few words as a blunt unfriendly one. Busier ... hah ... I wish."

i really dont know what you expect...something like this?

"Dear couple you are simply the most stunning people i have ever met, the thought of not swinging with you is more than i can take, but i respect your decision, obviously you are superior to all others on here and i will have to content myself with the dregs who will have a failure like me"

Personally i think you need to get over yourselves...suit yourselves is fine, pretty frindly really...i think your noses are just out of joint that they are not that bothered.

Forum Mod

I thought it was more of a childish response rather than horribly rude

Some people don't like rejection,maybe they blocked you to save them messaging you again as they know you're not interested in them

Why wouldn't you just think "pah" have a little chuckle and move on... you weren't intending on meeting them anyway so whats the big deal? xx

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

Jezuz...... if you think thats rude, you really need to get out more!

THEIR choice to block you and it's not of your business why they have.

Seriously, if you've got nothing else to rant about, count yourselves fricking lucky.

evesham

"It's a tricky one. We tend only to block people who offend us as we think blocking implies something has been done wrong. But also people do use this tool for other reasons to. We all have diff values so I Wud put it down to experience and I don't think you have set yourselves up as elite. All play nicely lol xxx

Far from it indeed. Anyone who's ever spoken to us will surely attest to how nice we are ... that's not being suprior or elite is it? That's just being nice. Because being nice is something to be able to shout about. We're no better than anyone else. We just put more thought into our responses.

Oh well. Kinda wish I hadn't made the thread now. Seems a little pointless. We'll just continue to respond to everyone with the same attitude we have done and accept that some people will get annoyed because they get a no. Meh.

Thanks for your input everyone. No need to continue this thread. Seems obvious what the general consensus is for replying "

the thread is a good thread to have started, maybe the response wasnt what you expected but then maybe having some different opinions on the subject will help you work out the way peoples minds work on here.

Instead of getting all defensive maybe take a moment to read through the responses and get some perspective on the matter.

As other have said, there have been far worse things said in PM on the back of a very polite 'no thank you'

Frimley

Oh well.

A nice reply can take just as few words as a blunt unfriendly one. Busier ... hah ... I wish.

"Dear couple you are simply the most stunning people i have ever met, the thought of not swinging with you is more than i can take, but i respect your decision, obviously you are superior to all others on here and i will have to content myself with the dregs who will have a failure like me"

Personally i think you need to get over yourselves...suit yourselves is fine, pretty frindly really...i think your noses are just out of joint that they are not that bothered. "

NO! We expect "Ok, thanks anyway" or something.

THEY contact US ... and WE replied very very politely saying no thank you. Where on earth have you gotten that we acted superior from?!

Are you even reading this thread or just skimming over the edges to make your own conclusions? It really isn't us that needs to get over ourselves here. We just want manners!

evesham

Come back when you have been called a fat slag who only gets ducked by the desperate then you will.know what rude is "

fucked not ducked stupid phone!

"I thought it seemed like a decent response lol....It's a swinging site not friends reunited. I tend to block people I don't wanna meet aswell.

I've said no to people and have been called a slag and a fat bitch in response,I find it funny when peolpleget mad.....No one likes rejection but that wasn't really rude in my eyes.

Pmsl how can they call you fat??? Mentalists!!'

xx"

evesham

i am gonna keep posting even if i get ignored

how is 'OK suit yourself' rude?

if they had said 'go fuck yaself' i could understand but what they said isnt rude, i say it in conversation or things along those lines

'fair does', 'okey y' etc surely its just a way of saying, message received?

Frimley

Oh well.

Personally i think you need to get over yourselves...suit yourselves is fine, pretty frindly really...i think your noses are just out of joint that they are not that bothered. "

I have to follow this up again, sorry ... why are you attacking us so much here? You're making out we were acting like some kind of divas. Like we're better than them. How did you come to that conclusion? I'm actually stunned at how cruel your responses have been in this thread now. We did nothing to you to receive these kind of responses.

As another menber has already said Blocking is a site tool there to be used.

You didnt want to chat with them they now know this So they blocked you and therefor they wont be pestering you again, all seems ok with us

Frimley

"i am gonna keep posting even if i get ignored

if they had said 'go fuck yaself' i could understand but what they said isnt rude, i say it in conversation or things along those lines

'fair does', 'okey y' etc surely its just a way of saying, message received?"

I shouldn't have made this thread. But now we're being attacked by one person especially and we're pretty shocked :/

Maybe it wasn't horribly rude. Maybe that was bad wording. And maybe it is because it's the first time we'd not experienced manners in the hundreds of messages we'd had. So maybe we did need a thicker skin.

But to be attacked and accused of acting like we're superior... that's just nasty

I don't think 'ok suit yourself'is rude.

the block benefits both of you

Frimley

eveshamgal , we didn't mean you btw.

All the time!!! Drives me insane

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

When you get emails suggesting to go back to "your country" and the like, from complete strangers you haven't even interacted with at all,... then you know what rude is.

Frimley

"When you get emails suggesting to go back to "your country" and the like, from complete strangers you haven't even interacted with at all,... then you know what rude is."

That's not even rude, that's disgusting and they should be immediately reported ... and named and shamed on the forums for everyone else to report them too. Sorry to hear you've had to deal with that.

Sometimes you're damned if u do reply saying thanks but no thanks, other times you get the how rude for not replying at all!!!

evesham

"i am gonna keep posting even if i get ignored

'fair does', 'okey y' etc surely its just a way of saying, message received?

I shouldn't have made this thread. But now we're being attacked by one person especially and we're pretty shocked :/

Maybe it wasn't horribly rude. Maybe that was bad wording. And maybe it is because it's the first time we'd not experienced manners in the hundreds of messages we'd had. So maybe we did need a thicker skin.

But to be attacked and accused of acting like we're superior... that's just nasty "

its also just words of someone that only has this thread to go on, you know who you are and how you interact with others on a daily basis.

be true to yourselves and you will attract the sort of people you want to have around you.

but you will also have to accept that some people act like dicks and cant take rejection well

Scotland - Aberdeen

Come back when you have been called a fat slag who only gets ducked by the desperate then you will.know what rude is

fucked not ducked stupid phone!"

I understood what you meant lol

We should swap abusive messages received and come up with a fab response for each one