FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Manners...

Manners...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

cost nothing, and mean everything.

A couple of threads getting out of hand on here because peoples expectations of others differ and i think it would do some well to remember that little phrase.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Agreed!

There is enough unwarranted social stigma attached to swinging without attacking each other as well for our opinions.

"Agreed!

There is enough unwarranted social stigma attached to swinging without attacking each other as well for our opinions."

opinions cost nothing and mean much as well though (don't get angry with me..was just being sarcastic lol)

although i don't think it's people's opinions as such that can be rude...but the manner of which they word things. there are exceptions of course

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

I think we all need to accept if not agree with others view points.

Less attacking and one upman/womanship would be welcomed. It's no wonder people either choose not to use the forums or leave entirely.

Peace xx

"I think we all need to accept if not agree with others view points.

Less attacking and one upman/womanship would be welcomed. It's no wonder people either choose not to use the forums or leave entirely.

Peace xx"

hear hear!!!

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion, but I must admit I do not like to see direct attacks, on people, just not called for.

By *inful_coupleCouple  over a year ago

Frimley

"Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion, but I must admit I do not like to see direct attacks, on people, just not called for. "

Agreed Almost felt like we were taking a virtual beating by one specific profile holder ... something deeper there than just not agreeing ... not good.

Oh well

Peace xx"

Actually there are plenty of views that I will not accept. And swinging is not enough of a connection to think that I need to like or respect someone.

To the original point, Ican be blunt, I'm rarely rude (though I can be) and I'm not going to apologise for it.

"Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion, but I must admit I do not like to see direct attacks, on people, just not called for. "

Very true. If we all agreed, the world would be a very dull, uninteresting place. However you don't need to be a total c#*t when voicing your point of view!

Some people/person makes a habit of it. Gives them a buzz I suppose

and the rules state:

http://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules

Don't be nasty

Abuse against other site users, mods or admin isn't tolerated.

Don't be personal

Personal attacks against other site users aren't allowed, even if you don't name them. If you've got a problem with someone on the site, block them. If you've got a problem with what someone writes on the forum just skip over their messages or report to admin if you think they need to take action.

So if you see someone breaking these rules...just report them and let Admin deal with them

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I do feel some on here like to be heard a lot more than others

They purposely bait for a argument

I posted occasionally last time I was on this site and it happened then .. guess some things never change but then hey what would we have to moan about

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion, but I must admit I do not like to see direct attacks, on people, just not called for.

Agreed Almost felt like we were taking a virtual beating by one specific profile holder ... something deeper there than just not agreeing ... not good.

Oh well "

Yes, it was yours that sprang to mind!

Wasn't called for in my belief, but like I said, thick skin required at times I'm afraid xx

Frimley

"Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion, but I must admit I do not like to see direct attacks, on people, just not called for.

Oh well

Yes, it was yours that sprang to mind!

Wasn't called for in my belief, but like I said, thick skin required at times I'm afraid xx "

We'll just ignore people from now on :D x

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Wow

i dont think its just on here people forget their manners i think its just a internet thing, some seem to forget theres a real person on the other end of the message

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I honestly think you really do have to have a thick skin to be on most swinging sites. Behaviour that would considered OK in real life would probably come across as rude or abrupt on here, because we can't see body language. Thats 70% of communication for us humans and it does make a difference.

Best thing to do is to just move on. We are all different but 9 times out of 10 people don't mean to be rude. It's not personal, its just swinging.

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

"i dont think its just on here people forget their manners i think its just a internet thing, some seem to forget theres a real person on the other end of the message "

Not to mention some are very brave when facing only a screen

"i dont think its just on here people forget their manners i think its just a internet thing, some seem to forget theres a real person on the other end of the message

Not to mention some are very brave when facing only a screen "

very true, ive met quite a few people off here in club and 99% of them have been nothing like what they come over on here in the flesh, some for better some for worse

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"cost nothing, and mean everything.

A couple of threads getting out of hand on here because peoples expectations of others differ and i think it would do some well to remember that little phrase."

Then report the posts.....if someone has broken site rules with their posts you have the facility to report their posts so that the site Admin can look into it....if on the other hand you think everyone should agree with everyone on everything....then that is not debate.

By *isub69Man  over a year ago

Epsom

Any forum you visit will have the same problems regarding communicating and how it is interpreted.

However I must say that this site (even for a swinging site) seems to have become a lot harsher in the way people treat others. I have certainly noticed it even if I have not been on the receiving end etc.

but there are also a lot of nice people on here.

By *isub69Man  over a year ago

Epsom

P.s Sinful,

Having read the original thread you started I understand your frustration and it is a shame that many on here are very jaded and think everyone is either a timewaster or up themselves.

However this has most likely come from past experiences etc.

Either way you two have a great profile and those are fantastic tatts.

Have fun

Frimley

"P.s Sinful,

Having read the original thread you started I understand your frustration and it is a shame that many on here are very jaded and think everyone is either a timewaster or up themselves.

However this has most likely come from past experiences etc.

Either way you two have a great profile and those are fantastic tatts.

Have fun

"

Haha thank you Yeah, well, we've decided to put it aside and not worry about it. We live our life how we live it and I guess we are all different

Sinful I'd echo the others on here. I stand by my comment on the original thread, but the vitriol you received shocked me. Sadly, I doubt I'm the only person on here that could have guessed some of the posters who would be involved.

[Removed by poster at 17/04/12 08:36:00]

well done you xxx

"Some people/person makes a habit of it. Gives them a buzz I suppose"

If someone is rude or personally attacking someone, use the report button on there comment

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

Peace xx

Actually there are plenty of views that I will not accept. And swinging is not enough of a connection to think that I need to like or respect someone"

Appreciate that. It's beyond anyones control though and to avoid tit for tat sometimes best let sleeping dogs lie. It only gets personal and spirals out of control. Too much negative. Fact is you'd never look to meet one another and having a civil conversation is nigh on impossible unless it's on their terms. Me, myself and I.

Just move on.

How people respond in messages or on a forum is out of your control. What matters is your response and whether you let it bother you.

I don't like nasty sarcasm on a forum or comments that clearly mean something to a couple of 'friends', which lead to the conclusion that they've been chatting about other forum members in private message. This kind of behaviour is immature. I think there's a lot of things I'm not aware of that go on behind the scenes, maybe happenings at socials etc.

I think its ill mannered to call others' names whilst disagreeing with a post or via a message ie, calling someone stupid, saying they are twats, calling their views a load of bollox. Disagree yes but be respectful.

Of course none of us are perfect, sometimes we feel passionately, sometimes we do say things that weren't appropriate, as a one off its understandable, when its a regular, its bad mannered.

Whatever language we use will no doubt offend someone, but if its put across without rudeness or being personal, then it is up to the reader how they react to it

True manners cost nothing but yet few seem to forget that ,and im not just referring to swinging sites.In the big bad world way too many people are rude and ignorant which is a shame.Does'nt cost anything for a please and a thank you.

On here yes some are lacking in manners and like some have said best to ignore them grow the forum thick skin and enjoy plenty of fun people around.

what i miss

» Add a new message to this topic