FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Had some sad news

Had some sad news

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *host63 OP   Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

A friend I care about has after dealing with glandular cancer has now been diagnosed with stage 2 skin cancer.

I cancelled.a meet to go and see her I explained why and tried to reschedule.

I will also spend New Years eve and have to cancel.a party I was going to.

Why dies that now make me swingers enemy number one for trying to do the right thing?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *aven RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Anyone who judges you harshly for changing your plans is not worth your time. That's a lovely thing you are doing and I would do the exact same thing x

By *andlingswingersCouple  over a year ago

Woodbridge

It doesn't. You did the right thing. Your ill friend may not be there to talk to for very long. Sadly, there is an inexhaustible supply of self-regarding (often for so little discernible reason..) idiots to give you a hard time for not complying with their idea of what you should do, when and how.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Anyone that cannot understand your reasons are no way worth your time, they must have a seriously selfish and uncaring attitude. You are doing the right thing 100% by supporting your friend, that is more important than a bunch of selfish swingers

Bedfont Feltham

"Anyone who judges you harshly for changing your plans is not worth your time. That's a lovely thing you are doing and I would do the exact same thing x"

I just got the usual get lost like I made it up.

Now I feel like crap for not meeting her. I told her as son as i found out about my friend

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Couldn't you manage both

Bedfont Feltham

"It doesn't. You did the right thing. Your ill friend may not be there to talk to for very long. Sadly, there is an inexhaustible supply of self-regarding (often for so little discernible reason..) idiots to give you a hard time for not complying with their idea of what you should do, when and how.

"

Thank you for that she is only 27 with two kids I was and still am devastated.

"Anyone who judges you harshly for changing your plans is not worth your time. That's a lovely thing you are doing and I would do the exact same thing x

Now I feel like crap for not meeting her. I told her as son as i found out about my friend "

In my opinion that was a meet worth avoiding. I’ve been that jealous silly single female on fab. Not nice or clever. Can’t say I would of gotten funny over this though.

It’s no reflection on you. Only her.

I think it’s actually a great quality you have. Should be encouraged and given a “ well done”

Sorry to hear about your friend xx

Bedfont Feltham

"Sorry to hear about your friend xx"

Thank you it's so sad I was just a little taken aback by the reaction. Now I feel bad for not going to the.meet

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Anyone that cannot understand your reasons are no way worth your time, they must have a seriously selfish and uncaring attitude. You are doing the right thing 100% by supporting your friend, that is more important than a bunch of selfish swingers "

"It doesn't. You did the right thing. Your ill friend may not be there to talk to for very long. Sadly, there is an inexhaustible supply of self-regarding (often for so little discernible reason..) idiots to give you a hard time for not complying with their idea of what you should do, when and how.

Thank you for that she is only 27 with two kids I was and still am devastated. "

I lost my mum to cancer, she was just 46. Such a devastating disease. But don’t give up! Who knows. There’s always hope OP

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Anyone who judges you harshly for changing your plans is not worth your time. That's a lovely thing you are doing and I would do the exact same thing x

Now I feel like crap for not meeting her. I told her as son as i found out about my friend "

Do you think she didn't believe you and thought it may just be an excuse?

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

It's called priorities.

Ignore what other people think and be there for your friend.

By *exy4youxxWoman  over a year ago

Pontefract

"Couldn't you manage both "

A lot of men on here bottle when it comes to a meet some enjoy the thrill of the chase but when it comes to the time to talk the talk and walk the walk they run and make excuses I'm not saying that's what you did but couldn't you have met with your friend before or after the meet ? I'm sure your friend would not have minded

By *adeiteWoman  over a year ago

Poole, but up in lincs for a bit

Then they're not worth your time. Your friend however is very much worth your time. Sorry to hear. Cancer is a cruel cruel soab.

Hi you do what you think is right at the time, you need to thank the time wasters/ messers of fab probably for your meets thoughts that you could be fibbing about why you cancelled hopefully your meet will re think and reschedule if not her loss

Good luck OP

Bedfont Feltham

Now I feel like crap for not meeting her. I told her as son as i found out about my friend

Do you think she didn't believe you and thought it may just be an excuse?"

Its not something you make up. It's been a hell.of a year. Parents being.poorly and now this. I would rather do the right thing though

Bedfont Feltham

I was with my friend from.early afternoon as soon as I heard I ended up staying well.iver the meet.time.so no.way was I going to.make it. I.offerd to reschedule to today but got a hissy fit.

Onestepoutofthedoor

Do you think she didn't believe you and thought it may just be an excuse? Its not something you make up. It's been a hell.of a year. Parents being.poorly and now this. I would rather do the right thing though "

It may not be something a normal person makes up,but if you read the stuff on here some come up with some right whoppers.

Bedfont Feltham

"Then they're not worth your time. Your friend however is very much worth your time. Sorry to hear. Cancer is a cruel cruel soab."

She is only 26 I wouldnt make an excuse like that up.

Take us as a reason to block and think yourself lucky you never met such a person

Sod her OP your friend needs you and she should have understand and shown some compassion

Hugs

Bedfont Feltham

"Couldn't you manage both

A lot of men on here bottle when it comes to a meet some enjoy the thrill of the chase but when it comes to the time to talk the talk and walk the walk they run and make excuses I'm not saying that's what you did but couldn't you have met with your friend before or after the meet ? I'm sure your friend would not have minded "

I was.with her as soon as I heard when.i was there I coukdnr just leave she was in a state. She has battled with his for a long time and at 256 with two kids. I offered to reschedule the meet but got Not Interested

"Couldn't you manage both "

Really? I doubt that anyone would be in the mood after visiting a sick friend

You never know. You might get a sympathy fuck from this thread

Bedfont Feltham

"You never know. You might get a sympathy fuck from this thread "

Right now.that is the last.thing on my mind

Bedfont Feltham

Really? I doubt that anyone would be in the mood after visiting a sick friend"

I would not have been good company

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Old bog road

Would you have enjoyed a meet, with all this going on in your head.? People we care for are more important than a meet with some stranger.

By *leasure82Man  over a year ago

portsmouth

Unfortunately some people find it hard to believe that sometimes meets need to be cancelled for a reason. I had the same sort of thing come up (not as bad and I’m sorry to hear it) my 90 year old grandad had a fall and was in hospital. I cancelled my meet and went to the hospital instead. I messaged her to explain and then messaged 2 hours later to find I had been blocked.

Sorry again for whatever our going through

"Anyone who judges you harshly for changing your plans is not worth your time. That's a lovely thing you are doing and I would do the exact same thing x"

Am with Red OP on what she says

I think the choice you made makes you a very attractive guy x

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

Fuck 'em... your friend is the important thing here, not a potential fab meet. Other meets will come along when you are ready.

Remember the quote, "those that mind dont matter, but those that matter, dont mind"

Bedfont Feltham

"I think the choice you made makes you a very attractive guy x"

Not attractive enough to give mr benefit of the doubt. I dont regret it though

"You never know. You might get a sympathy fuck from this thread

Right now.that is the last.thing on my mind"

And being on fab I’d imagine.

You’re friend is in my thoughts

"A friend I care about has after dealing with glandular cancer has now been diagnosed with stage 2 skin cancer.

Why dies that now make me swingers enemy number one for trying to do the right thing?"

People need to be accommodating

Yes, life outside here we all have

Meets cancelled because of you spending time with your friend who has stage 2 cancer..

I gave up my job to care for my ex with stage 2 throat cancer

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Is it a big deal in the grand scheme of things? Fab meets get cancelled, people get blocked, who really cares if they were right or wrong to do so? I would be more focused on my friend, a block on fab wouldn't even register on my radar.

"I think the choice you made makes you a very attractive guy x

Not attractive enough to give mr benefit of the doubt. I dont regret it though "

Unless it becames a habbit because last person I saw off here kept making excuses for meeting just saying

Of course you have done the right thing OP. Unfortunately Fab is so full of flakes who come up with the most grandiose excuses that it makes many of us highly sceptical of last minute cancellations. Your meet has succumbed to Fab paranoia. If she hasn’t blocked you have a chat with her when you feel up to it. Your authenticity will come through and she may realise her mistake. If not, plenty more fish..she clearly doesn’t know you very well.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

She is only 26 I wouldnt make an excuse like that up. "

You said before she is 27.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Real life must always come first OP. You are doing the right thing.

A lot of men on here bottle when it comes to a meet some enjoy the thrill of the chase but when it comes to the time to talk the talk and walk the walk they run and make excuses I'm not saying that's what you did but couldn't you have met with your friend before or after the meet ? I'm sure your friend would not have minded I was.with her as soon as I heard when.i was there I coukdnr just leave she was in a state. She has battled with his for a long time and at 256 with two kids. I offered to reschedule the meet but got Not Interested "

256?

Do you think she didn't believe you and thought it may just be an excuse?"

Plenty of players on here that's for sure as well as genuine people

Bedfont Feltham

27 next.month

Bedfont Feltham

"Is it a big deal in the grand scheme of things? Fab meets get cancelled, people get blocked, who really cares if they were right or wrong to do so? I would be more focused on my friend, a block on fab wouldn't even register on my radar. "

It was.my first meet.in.a.while

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Not attractive enough to give mr benefit of the doubt. I dont regret it though "

For what you say your friend is going through, your troubles on here are insignificant so I am surprised you are letting it bother you so much to start a thread about it

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Is it a big deal in the grand scheme of things? Fab meets get cancelled, people get blocked, who really cares if they were right or wrong to do so? I would be more focused on my friend, a block on fab wouldn't even register on my radar. "

Not attractive enough to give mr benefit of the doubt. I dont regret it though

For what you say your friend is going through, your troubles on here are insignificant so I am surprised you are letting it bother you so much to start a thread about it "

Yes but maybe there’s a hope the woman in question will have read it?

"A friend I care about has after dealing with glandular cancer has now been diagnosed with stage 2 skin cancer.

Why dies that now make me swingers enemy number one for trying to do the right thing?"

It doesn't at all you acted like a decent bloke , I wouldn't let it bother you if a meet can't accept that I'd say it's a meet worth not having

Sadly many do make up heartbreaking excuses. I had someone tell me his granddad had died the night before and he was up all night making arrangements. The more he told me, the more I knew it was made up.

Bedfont Feltham

Sadly many do make up heartbreaking excuses. I had someone tell me his granddad had died the night before and he was up all night making arrangements. The more he told me, the more I knew it was made up. "

in my case I tried to reschedule the meet for another time

So

I have stage two cancer with no cure

Sadly many do make up heartbreaking excuses. I had someone tell me his granddad had died the night before and he was up all night making arrangements. The more he told me, the more I knew it was made up. "

Yep someone I knew lost a father AND a grandfather. A simple ‘I’ve changed my mind’ would have sufficed.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Your friend is far more important

"I have stage two cancer with no cure "

I hope you're receiving the best care for your cancer and that stage 2 lasts a long time with all symptoms eased.

Sadly many do make up heartbreaking excuses. I had someone tell me his granddad had died the night before and he was up all night making arrangements. The more he told me, the more I knew it was made up. in my case I tried to reschedule the meet for another time

So "

I am just giving an example as to why the woman may be cynical.

Don't worry about it and follow your heart.

chelmsford

"I have stage two cancer with no cure

I hope you're receiving the best care for your cancer and that stage 2 lasts a long time with all symptoms eased. "

I hope so too a family member was diagnosed stage 4 and lived a full life for another 7 years

If people don't understand that this is important to you, then you have had a lucky escape. They are not worth bothering with. Your friend is very lucky to have you - I hope things work out for the best xx

It's just one of those things OP. It happened to me once before when my elderly mother became unwell. As her carer I was unable to leave her.

The brutal truth is that people make excuses all the time so the genuine cases are hard to spot.

Just keep perspective. It was only a Fab meet. And not the end of the world. There's no reason you should feel bad about it unless it wasn't completely true.

"Sorry to hear about your friend xx

Thank you it's so sad I was just a little taken aback by the reaction. Now I feel bad for not going to the.meet "

Don't, you did absolutely the right thing, and I suspect best everybody here would have since exactly the same.

I've lost friends at a young age and the last thing on my mind would have been shagging.

By *apiomanMan  over a year ago

Shipley

Doing the right thing is always worth it. I think sticking with friends in their hour of need is what anyone with real friends would do. Only people whose relationships are all about their needs will look down on you. And who wants to spend time with a self twat?

You must do as you must.

Sorry to hear about your friend's news.

You really shouldn't worry about it op these things happen and there's nothing you can do about it, there wasn't really much of a choice to make and if the lady in question doesn't understand just let it go and don't stress yourself out over it, obviously it's not a pleasant time but enjoy the time with your friend and try and make as many happy memories as you can

While you've done the right thing, its naive to think that a stranger or even an acquaintance from here wouldn't think it was an excuse to cancel.

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

Good on you big man there should be more people like you and forget about everybody and anything else

By *irtySekretsCouple  over a year ago

Filthy Desires Upon Trent

No disrespect, but why feel you need to Post this?

Explain to your potential meet but there is no need to share your news on Fab x

"No disrespect, but why feel you need to Post this?

Explain to your potential meet but there is no need to share your news on Fab x"

where would you talk about your fab problems if you don't have anyone else to talk to about your fab problems?

Explain to your potential meet but there is no need to share your news on Fab x

where would you talk about your fab problems if you don't have anyone else to talk to about your fab problems?

"

Just being Cynical as I’m sure others are

chelmsford

Explain to your potential meet but there is no need to share your news on Fab x"

Why not?

Pontefract

[Removed by poster at 31/12/19 00:07:51]

Pontefract

A lot of men on here bottle when it comes to a meet some enjoy the thrill of the chase but when it comes to the time to talk the talk and walk the walk they run and make excuses I'm not saying that's what you did but couldn't you have met with your friend before or after the meet ? I'm sure your friend would not have minded I was.with her as soon as I heard when.i was there I coukdnr just leave she was in a state. She has battled with his for a long time and at 256 with two kids. I offered to reschedule the meet but got Not Interested "

That's fair enough did you give her plenty of warning ? If you didn't maybe that's the main reason for the hissy fit and block a lot of men are so caught up in themselves they forget how much time it takes us wemon to get ready lol .. a man its shower shot on pair of nice trousers and shirt,for wemon its mind field of choosing clothes make up and doing hair I would also get very frustrated to be let down at the last minute after spending hours getting ready xx just a thought xx

Bedfont Feltham

A lot of men on here bottle when it comes to a meet some enjoy the thrill of the chase but when it comes to the time to talk the talk and walk the walk they run and make excuses I'm not saying that's what you did but couldn't you have met with your friend before or after the meet ? I'm sure your friend would not have minded I was.with her as soon as I heard when.i was there I coukdnr just leave she was in a state. She has battled with his for a long time and at 256 with two kids. I offered to reschedule the meet but got Not Interested

That's fair enough did you give her plenty of warning ? If you didn't maybe that's the main reason for the hissy fit and block a lot of men are so caught up in themselves they forget how much time it takes us wemon to get ready lol .. a man its shower shot on pair of nice trousers and shirt,for wemon its mind field of choosing clothes make up and doing hair I would also get very frustrated to be let down at the last minute after spending hours getting ready xx just a thought xx"

I told her as soon as I heard which so it was not a last min thing. I also immediately tried to reschedule another day

chelmsford

A lot of men on here bottle when it comes to a meet some enjoy the thrill of the chase but when it comes to the time to talk the talk and walk the walk they run and make excuses I'm not saying that's what you did but couldn't you have met with your friend before or after the meet ? I'm sure your friend would not have minded I was.with her as soon as I heard when.i was there I coukdnr just leave she was in a state. She has battled with his for a long time and at 256 with two kids. I offered to reschedule the meet but got Not Interested

That's fair enough did you give her plenty of warning ? If you didn't maybe that's the main reason for the hissy fit and block a lot of men are so caught up in themselves they forget how much time it takes us wemon to get ready lol .. a man its shower shot on pair of nice trousers and shirt,for wemon its mind field of choosing clothes make up and doing hair I would also get very frustrated to be let down at the last minute after spending hours getting ready xx just a thought xx

I told her as soon as I heard which so it was not a last min thing. I also immediately tried to reschedule another day"

How is your friend?

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Unfortunately OP the real blame has to lie with the people that make up last minute excuses because their bottle has gone.It makes cynics of us all

By *arkb73Man  over a year ago

Cheshire/Staffs

You’ve done the right thing - you’re a good man.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I was with my friend from.early afternoon as soon as I heard I ended up staying well.iver the meet.time.so no.way was I going to.make it. I.offerd to reschedule to today but got a hissy fit. "

I thought this meant you were still with your friend when you should have been at the meet

"Unfortunately OP the real blame has to lie with the people that make up last minute excuses because their bottle has gone.It makes cynics of us all "

This ^^^ your new sounds terrible and you are doing the right thing for everyone ... bless you and hope it has a positive outcome x

To all that posted negatively above, I'm sure you have also posted comments on the threads when a poster has been lied to ... maybe the OP is not the first person that has cancelled on her because of a sick friend? Perhaps he is the only genuine one? Fabland isn't the same as life unfortunately

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"I was with my friend from.early afternoon as soon as I heard I ended up staying well.iver the meet.time.so no.way was I going to.make it. I.offerd to reschedule to today but got a hissy fit. "

So it was on the actual day you were meant to be meeting that you found this out, and cancelled.

I would think it was an excuse too I'm afraid, I would be sympathetic in my response to you, but I wouldn't be rescheduling to meet you again either. Maybe I'm just overly cynical.

Pontefract

"I was with my friend from.early afternoon as soon as I heard I ended up staying well.iver the meet.time.so no.way was I going to.make it. I.offerd to reschedule to today but got a hissy fit.

So it was on the actual day you were meant to be meeting that you found this out, and cancelled.

I would think it was an excuse too I'm afraid, I would be sympathetic in my response to you, but I wouldn't be rescheduling to meet you again either. Maybe I'm just overly cynical. "

Yes I agree and sorry but something dont add up you said you were with her well over meet time so knew you wouldn't make it yet said you gave her plenty of warning.... holes are appearing in your story ...

Sorry Folks. But this really does sound like an Attention Seeking Post with the hope of a Sympathy Shag.

Cancelling a meet with a Fem & Cancelling going to a Party on NYE. In real terms, how many guys get this lucky in the space of a week. Do the Maths

Let’s get real people. It don’t add up.

Read between the lines.

You made right decision!! No arguments about this

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

[Removed by poster at 31/12/19 18:03:03]

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Sad news indeed

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

"You never know. You might get a sympathy fuck from this thread "

What a stupid thing to say, Jess

Don't worry about swingers

Go take care of your real life friend

"Cancelling a meet with a Fem & Cancelling going to a Party on NYE. In real terms, how many guys get this lucky in the space of a week. Do the Maths

Let’s get real people. It don’t add up.

Read between the lines.

"

Not everyone takes this shit as serious as your pair. Log off

By *ambslass48Woman  over a year ago

Peterborough

Thank you for that she is only 27 with two kids I was and still am devastated. "

So sorry to hear about your friend. Ignore the person being rude re cancelled meet close friends and family come first

chelmsford

Thank you for that she is only 27 with two kids I was and still am devastated.

So sorry to hear about your friend. Ignore the person being rude re cancelled meet close friends and family come first"

Well said

Still sounds iffy