FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > World Wide > Thailand pattaya

Thailand pattaya

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *umqueenxxx OP   Couple  over a year ago

Audenshaw

We go Thailand every January and love it.

Would be interesting if we all went as a small group. Couples only xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

That would be fun ,love Thailand been quite few times

Audenshaw

"That would be fun ,love Thailand been quite few times "

It could be good fun a small group of us all going x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is this just the boys talking or are the ladies into it too?

Audenshaw

"Is this just the boys talking or are the ladies into it too?"

We go every year as a couple and thought it would be fun for a few couples to go x

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Always been to Thailand as a couple

By *extasy19Couple  over a year ago

Northampton

Pattaya is completely shut down at the moment. My brother has lived there 20 years. There is a lot of anti Western sentiment.

Audenshaw

"Pattaya is completely shut down at the moment. My brother has lived there 20 years. There is a lot of anti Western sentiment."

We are hoping by January it will be okay to travel x

By *ait88Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

Published on 16 April, in the Bangkok Post:

“The government may start to ease the curfew by the end of this month if Covid-19 cases continue to fall.“

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"Pattaya is completely shut down at the moment My brother has lived there 20 years. There is a lot of anti Western sentiment."
I'm in patts just now it's a ghost town and felang are to blame for everything and anything.

There have been Facebook pages asking thais to stone foreigners.small % of the population but beginning to be adopted by others. also the news media highlighting western cases and laying blame isn't helping.it may be the final nail in the coffin for patts tourism that was already suffering pre covid.

coatbridge

"Published on 16 April, in the Bangkok Post:

“The government may start to ease the curfew by the end of this month if Covid-19 cases continue to fall.“

"

this was also said about the 18th and the first on the plus side the measures being used and compliance seem to be working still need the airlines to start back up though lol been dry since the 10th and in need of a beer in my balcony cage

"Pattaya is completely shut down at the moment My brother has lived there 20 years. There is a lot of anti Western sentiment.I'm in patts just now it's a ghost town and felang are to blame for everything and anything.

There have been Facebook pages asking thais to stone foreigners.small % of the population but beginning to be adopted by others. also the news media highlighting western cases and laying blame isn't helping.it may be the final nail in the coffin for patts tourism that was already suffering pre covid.

"

Nah, there will always be western men looking to pay for cheap beer and prostitution. So Pattaya will be fine

Been a few times and althoutght Pattaya is good, Phuket is far better in my opinion.

If you're going I would consider Phuket instead

coatbridge

"Been a few times and althoutght Pattaya is good, Phuket is far better in my opinion.

If you're going I would consider Phuket instead"

depends what your after I didn't like Phuket

By *arsmike111Man  over a year ago

BIGGLESWADE

"Been a few times and althoutght Pattaya is good, Phuket is far better in my opinion.

If you're going I would consider Phuket insteaddepends what your after I didn't like Phuket "

Nor do I overpriced and have the feeling they just want the Chinese not us European

coatbridge

If you're going I would consider Phuket insteaddepends what your after I didn't like Phuket

Nor do I overpriced and have the feeling they just want the Chinese not us European "

thailand as a whole would prefer the Chinese I think big push by thailand to get China back now news here is full of it. I think because they spend lots of cash but only follow umbrellas

Audenshaw

We go every January and always feel welcome. Thailand caters for all nationalities and probably always will.

By *ookinginspainMan  over a year ago

bromsgrove

We have been going for last 10yrs or so..this profile wrong..we are a couple..last couple of yrs have had private villa...have posted when we were there and had No takers!!!! Good job we know several european couples we have had fun with....stay safexxx

bromsgrove

Not sure if we will make it next year with not earning.lol...but if we can make it will be there dureing feb...will try and take same private villa..just off big budda hill in patts...xxx

By *odkaboy2Man  over a year ago

bristol

I’m due to go for a wedding next April and tagging hols onto the end. I assume it’s fun from your post?

By *asputin75Man  over a year ago

darlaston

My friend and I were booked for las Vegas in may that's not going to happen so changed to Pattaya in October and going again in April for songkram sorry if spelt it wrong staying just off beach road any ladies or cpls fancy a drink or 2 get in touch

By *hunderstarCouple  over a year ago

hereford

"Not sure if we will make it next year with not earning.lol...but if we can make it will be there dureing feb...will try and take same private villa..just off big budda hill in patts...xxx"

Walked from Dustin tanni to the top of the big Buddha once. Never again in that heat!

Nice villas around BBH

Audenshaw

[Removed by poster at 30/04/20 15:02:23]

Audenshaw

[Removed by poster at 30/04/20 15:02:41]

Audenshaw

"Not sure if we will make it next year with not earning.lol...but if we can make it will be there dureing feb...will try and take same private villa..just off big budda hill in patts...xxx

Walked from Dustin tanni to the top of the big Buddha once. Never again in that heat!

Nice villas around BBH "

We always stay in the Dusit thani it's a lovely hotel x

"Not sure if we will make it next year with not earning.lol...but if we can make it will be there dureing feb...will try and take same private villa..just off big budda hill in patts...xxx

Nice villas around BBH

We always stay in the Dusit thani it's a lovely hotel x"

Stayed there too, it's nice for sure! Especially seeing as the first place I booked did not live up to the pics haha

By *igdick1959Man  over a year ago

shropshire

Rabbit resort on jomtien beach is gorgeous

Audenshaw

"Rabbit resort on jomtien beach is gorgeous "

It is lovely there also x

bromsgrove

Those in power may favour the chinease...but yes they only follow the umberellas, never see them in any bars/restaurants..so how do they put cash into the economy!! Stay safe...xxx

Plymouth

During 2019 there were nearly 11 million Chinese visitors to Thailand compared with 6.7 million from Europe (per the Tourist Board). That’s a lot more plane tickets, hotel rooms, meals, beers and guided tours! And before the virus, the Chinese had to pay B2,000 each for a 13-day Visa-On-Arrival. That alone was worth nearly B22,000,000,000 in 2019, which is about 550 million quid! NOT small change!

The Thai Government in fact favours farangs over the Chinese. We don’t have to buy our visas, and they last for 30 days, not 13. And look at the way the laws are bent / ignored for our benefit, e.g. the sex industry, drinking regulations, dress codes, etc. This must be because we are individually far bigger spenders than the Chinese.

Vast majority of money spent by British male tourists to prostitution destinations like pattaya isn’t recorded anyway. That’s part of the black economy. Bar fines and short time don’t get counted in the official economy

Yea I'm from Thailand and can vouch for that

By *siaessex2Couple  over a year ago

essex

not much going on in thailand at moment.

Audenshaw

"not much going on in thailand at moment."

Hopefully it will be fine in January x

Plymouth

"Vast majority of money spent by British male tourists to prostitution destinations like pattaya isn’t recorded anyway. That’s part of the black economy. Bar fines and short time don’t get counted in the official economy "

An assessment of the “black economy” spend is made by obtaining stats. from the banks, currency exchanges and credit card companies. These show the total amounts spent by foreigners on all goods and services. The banks and exchanges copy your passport, and the ATMs, hotels, restaurants, etc. have your card numbers. The stats. aren’t all that accurate, but they give a good over-all picture of what visitors from other countries spend.

By *arsmike111Man  over a year ago

BIGGLESWADE

The Chinese don't spend any money in Thailand it's all paid for in China stay in Chinese owned hotels all trips restaurants owned by them aswell

Plymouth

Two quotes from a week ago:

By SligoGuy20: "Been a few times and althoutght Pattaya is good, Phuket is far better in my opinion. If you're going I would consider Phuket instead”

Response by you: “Nor do I overpriced and have the feeling they just want the Chinese not us European”.

Your positing today: “The Chinese don't spend any money in Thailand it's all paid for in China stay in Chinese owned hotels all trips restaurants owned by them aswell”

So why do the people in Pattaya prefer Chinese who spend no money to farangs who spend loads?

coatbridge

"Two quotes from a week ago:

By SligoGuy20: "Been a few times and althoutght Pattaya is good, Phuket is far better in my opinion. If you're going I would consider Phuket instead”

Response by you: “Nor do I overpriced and have the feeling they just want the Chinese not us European”.

Your positing today: “The Chinese don't spend any money in Thailand it's all paid for in China stay in Chinese owned hotels all trips restaurants owned by them aswell”

So why do the people in Pattaya prefer Chinese who spend no money to farangs who spend loads?

"

I think what he was meaning was the thais he interacts with (at a guess bars gogos and massage parlours see very little Chinese so for those thais the chinese market means little to nothing but the chinese spend lots of money on everything else so the thai govt prefer the chinese over Europeans cant blame them really lol

Plymouth

The Thai government prefers farangs.

See my post of five days ago.

It probably goes all the way back to the days of the yanks on R & R from the Vietnam war, long, long, before the Chinese consumerisation revolution.

I can't get the numbers until the 12th when my data download allowance for next month starts.

Plymouth

Hot news on the Bangkok Post website:

“Toll on economy

Thailand will likely continue feeling the economic blow of Covid-19 for another nine months, according to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.”

So visit after January?

coatbridge

"The Thai government prefers farangs.

See my post of five days ago.

It probably goes all the way back to the days of the yanks on R & R from the Vietnam war, long, long, before the Chinese consumerisation revolution.

I can't get the numbers until the 12th when my data download allowance for next month starts.

"

the visa exemption is for countries that signed the bilateral agreement not because they prefer falang!.

The thai govt want to shed what America started the seedy side and become a more family oriented location that's not to say they hate europeans since you read the bangkok post you must also have seen once aircraft are allowed at first its chinese and rich long stay europeans they are focusing on they want the easier money that clean tourism brings and comparing the countrys that enter alot more goes in from Asian countrys than from European countrys at largely no cost running the seedy side while it pays itself it's a dirty stain that detracts who they actually want wholesome folk from anywhere with money to burn the thai govt get little from the seedy side other than keeping casual workers from revolting (you pay a batgirl she ain't handing over 17% in taxation)

Plymouth

“the visa exemption is for countries that signed the bilateral agreement not because they prefer falang!.” Why weren’t the Chinese offered your fictional “bilateral agreement”? (Thais can’t get a free visa-on-arrival to visit the U.K.)

“..... The thai govt want to shed what America started the seedy side and become a more family oriented location”. How do you know? Why aren’t the prostitution laws enforced? Why are the red-light districts allowed to flourish? Why isn’t Pattaya closed down?

“..... you must also have seen once aircraft are allowed at first its chinese and rich long stay europeans they are focusing on.” No I haven’t! Because this is nonsense.

“..... they want the easier money that clean tourism brings”. How do you know? How is clean tourist money easier to obtain than dirty sex trade money? Since when has sex tourism and the money involved become “dirty”? Do you regard swinging as being “dirty”? Remember, “Thou shalt not commit adultery”

“.....and comparing the countrys that enter alot more goes in from Asian countrys than from European countrys at largely no cost”. Please state your source of this information.

“..... the seedy side while it pays itself it's a dirty stain that detracts who they actually want wholesome folk from anywhere with money to burn.” How do you know? I’ve never had any indication at all that the Thai government or people don’t actually want dirty, stained, unwholesome folk like me. In fact, my 40 years experience of being a dirty unwholesome sex tourist, is the exact opposite!

“.....the thai govt get little from the seedy side.” Other than huge amounts of money from direct and indirect taxation, and employment for millions of people in the very important tourist industry.

“.....keeping casual workers from revolting.” This is pure nonsense. According to The Lonely Planet Guide, less than 5% of all Bangkok sex transactions are between Thais

and farangs. The farang red-light districts are closed, and the “casual workers” are not revolting!

“.....you pay a batgirl (?!?!) she ain't handing over 17% in taxation”. Nor is anyone else in Thailand paying 17% direct taxation. Prostitutes don’t pay direct tax, neither would they if they were unemployed. But they do pay their fair share of all indirect taxes. As do all the businessmen who profit from their trade with the dirty unwholesome sex tourists like me.

coatbridge

"“the visa exemption is for countries that signed the bilateral agreement not because they prefer falang!.” Why weren’t the Chinese offered your fictional “bilateral agreement”? (Thais can’t get a free visa-on-arrival to visit the U.K.)

“..... The thai govt want to shed what America started the seedy side and become a more family oriented location”. How do you know? Why aren’t the prostitution laws enforced? Why are the red-light districts allowed to flourish? Why isn’t Pattaya closed down?

“..... you must also have seen once aircraft are allowed at first its chinese and rich long stay europeans they are focusing on.” No I haven’t! Because this is nonsense.

“..... they want the easier money that clean tourism brings”. How do you know? How is clean tourist money easier to obtain than dirty sex trade money? Since when has sex tourism and the money involved become “dirty”? Do you regard swinging as being “dirty”? Remember, “Thou shalt not commit adultery”

“.....and comparing the countrys that enter alot more goes in from Asian countrys than from European countrys at largely no cost”. Please state your source of this information.

“..... the seedy side while it pays itself it's a dirty stain that detracts who they actually want wholesome folk from anywhere with money to burn.” How do you know? I’ve never had any indication at all that the Thai government or people don’t actually want dirty, stained, unwholesome folk like me. In fact, my 40 years experience of being a dirty unwholesome sex tourist, is the exact opposite!

“.....the thai govt get little from the seedy side.” Other than huge amounts of money from direct and indirect taxation, and employment for millions of people in the very important tourist industry.

“.....keeping casual workers from revolting.” This is pure nonsense. According to The Lonely Planet Guide, less than 5% of all Bangkok sex transactions are between Thais

and farangs. The farang red-light districts are closed, and the “casual workers” are not revolting!

“.....you pay a batgirl (?!?!) she ain't handing over 17% in taxation”. Nor is anyone else in Thailand paying 17% direct taxation. Prostitutes don’t pay direct tax, neither would they if they were unemployed. But they do pay their fair share of all indirect taxes. As do all the businessmen who profit from their trade with the dirty unwholesome sex tourists like me.

"

because the chinese have never been part of the bilateral agreement and dont want to be and never have done fictional best get your data download quick that agreement is signed by a multitude of countries. How do I know the thais dont want the seedy side.... best check your bangkok post the thai govt openly admit they are trying to close it down like everything it takes time (and the bribes to dry up) the casual workers aren't revolting again check your bangkok post they may not be masses but of the 19 million promised 5000b a month only 1.3 have received any they are queuing for food handouts believe me they ain't pleased no matter what your bangkok post says all the clean services pay into the govt same as any country.

You seem butthurt that I'm only saying what is openly admitted by the thai govt and seem to have this concept that falang is king those days are long gone there will always be a pattaya seedy side but it wont be the whole city.

Thailand needs tourism it makes up around 20% of their economy when one sort generates more than the other its squeezed out like a cyst and the clean tourism is king not the old giant brothels and bj bars

Plymouth

In 1980, the Pat Pong red light district was the same as three Soi Cowboys side-by side. About half of one road catered for the Japanese. Now the Farang part has been reduced to less than half a road’s worth of go-go bars and one BDSM bar. Washington Square had maybe a dozen go-go bars. Now the square has been re-developed with no go-go bars at all.

Perhaps this is what _ola cubes is thinking about when he claims that the Thai government is concerned with cleaning up the sex industry.

However:

In 1980, Nana Plaza was a collection of ramshackle wooden one- and two-story buildings. Not the three-story purpose-built concrete complex that you see today. However, the pussey parade opposite the entrance has survived (but not with the same LBFMs!).

Since 1980, Soi Cowboy has been pedestrianised, and many of the bars have spread their fronts to cover the pavements on both sides. Some of them, like Long Gun and Penny Black, still survive today. And there is still a District 8 police presence at one end (mainly to collect their bribes from the bars!)

I last visited Pattaya in 1983. The read light district was perhaps a dozen go-go bars on one side of a street off what is now known as Beach Road. There was nothing remotely like Walking Street, and no Beach Road pussey parade.

Hardly the kind of progress that a clean-up government would tolerate!

What the Thai government is really interested in is:

1. Lining their own pockets.

2. The continuing Muslim terrorist attacks in the southern provinces that are part of the reason why young Thai men are still being conscripted into the army.

3. The continuing war against the drug industry situated in the northern “Golden Triangle”. This is the other part of the reason for conscription.

4. The continuing annual droughts being experienced in the north-eastern provinces due to the mismanagement of river dams.

5. The traffic jams in Bangkok which the Skytrain system has failed to clear.

6. Seasonal air quality problems in the north and central provinces cause by slash and burn agriculture, exacerbated in Bangkok Chang Mai and other cities by the traffic jams.

7. All of the Thai governments, civilian and military, have always concentrated on the elimination of bribery and corruption. Ha, ha, ha!

8. Not to mention lining their own pockets!

Comparatively few westerners want to spend the money and time to visit Thailand, and experience an entirely different culture. Most “wholesome” northern European sun–seekers go to the Med. because it is cheaper and quicker to get to. Perhaps _ola cubes should join them and avoid all of the dirty goings-on in Thailand that offend him so greatly.

By *extasy19Couple  over a year ago

Northampton

Wait88 is spot on, but should have added that the Thai govt has now realised that the Chinese have been screwing them over. They quietly bought up all the rubber plantations over the last 18 months and starved the factories of raw material then bought the factories when they were just about bust, shipping all the machinery to China. Hence no glove production out of Thailand any more. The Chinese have now been termed "jungle strippers" because they are only interested in asset stripping the country. The same stategy is going on all over Africa with commodities. It has led to a social media war on Weibo and Twitter between Chinese nationalists and pro-democracy campaigners across SE Asia which at last count was 1.4m posts on Weibo and 4.5 billion (yes, billion) views on Twitter. I would hardly call that a preference for the Chinese.

By *ain n MableWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"We go Thailand every January and love it.

Would be interesting if we all went as a small group. Couples only xx"

We go to Phuket every year in November, fingers crossed we will be again this year. Admittedly we've never been to Pattaya but hopefully sometime soon. Looks like we will miss out on your wonderful plan.

By *ugarrainMan  over a year ago

Paisley

Coals to Newcastle?

By *ugarrainMan  over a year ago

Paisley

Pattaya not my favourite place but sometimes stay a night before going over to Koh Larn.

It appears to me that Indians are by far the biggest go to sign group there now. Many nightclubs with only Indian music.

The Russians and Western ferang in retreat.

We love thailand go about once every 2 years

The Thais are lovely gentle respectful people who love their country shame that can’t be said of ours

We do prefer koh summi or phucket to pattaya but everyone has their own favourite

Had 3 holidays cancelled this year so if we ever get the go ahead for travel Thailand here we come

Me and mrs thinking of trying Pattaya,i've been a few times before we met, but might be different with her. Do any of you arrange meets when you're there.

Audenshaw

We always arrange meets when there even if it's just for a good night out x

By *affyandWalCouple  over a year ago

Saffron waldon

We are living in Thailand and not seeing any anti western sentiment from anyone apart from a stupid statement from Anutin the foreign minister . He'll soon be directing traffic anyway.

Safe here and soon will be able to have fun again .

By *ackjackjackMan  over a year ago

Everywhere man

That’s great to hear, thank you for some rare positivity and realism

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"We are living in Thailand and not seeing any anti western sentiment from anyone apart from a stupid statement from Anutin the foreign minister . He'll soon be directing traffic anyway.

Safe here and soon will be able to have fun again . "

Thank you

I'm booked and paid for xmas! Bangkok then down to Phucket airport before heading back North for some r+r on the coast and my fix of elephant observations

By *illyGoFarMan  over a year ago

Fantasyland USA

"

I'm booked and paid for xmas! Bangkok then down to Phucket airport before heading back North for some r+r on the coast and my fix of elephant observations "

Truly hope things open up by then. Just flew back from Phuket on Saturday to Bangkok after a month of Island hopping. I wish I had good news about Phuket. Really a ghosttown around Patong. Stayed in Rawai beach which has a larger expat community. Bangkok is not much better unless you go out on the weekends. Still loving it here as I feel safe.

Going to Pattaya next week! Stay safe!??

By *ieldhousetCouple  over a year ago

blackpool and Thailand

Just been announced at 4 pm today emergency conditions will stay in place until end of August visa amenesty in place for people trapped here until 26th September

By *ain n MableWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

With every day that passes, our chances of lying on Patong beach in November are becoming more improbable

By *igdick1959Man  over a year ago

shropshire

I was hoping to book for November too as my March trip was cancelled

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"

I'm booked and paid for xmas! Bangkok then down to Phucket airport before heading back North for some r+r on the coast and my fix of elephant observations

Truly hope things open up by then. Just flew back from Phuket on Saturday to Bangkok after a month of Island hopping. I wish I had good news about Phuket. Really a ghosttown around Patong. Stayed in Rawai beach which has a larger expat community. Bangkok is not much better unless you go out on the weekends. Still loving it here as I feel safe.

Going to Pattaya next week! Stay safe!??"

Whilst I'm flying down to Phuket I've paid for a private transfer so I won't actually be in Phuket, just the airport twice

Quiter is good for us as we're looking for rest in that period. I know the people will be relying on tourism though so we'll make an effort to spend with more smaller businesses and not just stay at the ai resort

"Vast majority of money spent by British male tourists to prostitution destinations like pattaya isn’t recorded anyway. That’s part of the black economy. Bar fines and short time don’t get counted in the official economy

An assessment of the “black economy” spend is made by obtaining stats. from the banks, currency exchanges and credit card companies. These show the total amounts spent by foreigners on all goods and services. The banks and exchanges copy your passport, and the ATMs, hotels, restaurants, etc. have your card numbers. The stats. aren’t all that accurate, but they give a good over-all picture of what visitors from other countries spend."

Exchanges have never asked for my passport...but I expect the currency exchange will be recorded somewhat..

By *ieldhousetCouple  over a year ago

blackpool and Thailand

Check Bangkok post on line for latest info no international tourist for the forceable future I would not chance booking anything until Thai authorities announce that Thailand is open just had some soldiers come back from Hawaii with covid

» Add a new message to this topic