FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > World Wide > Thailand & Vietnam

Thailand & Vietnam

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uietlykinkyme OP   Woman  over a year ago

kinky land

Has anyone done a 4-6 week trip and explored both Thailand & Vietnam before heading back west?

As our Thailand Christmas 2020 plans are more than likely to be cancelled, I'm hoping to extend Christmas holidays 2021 & Do both

Would love any personal feedback or suggestions please.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m supposed to be going 20th of January Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam then back to Thailand just keeping my fingers crossed.

kinky land

"I’m supposed to be going 20th of January Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam then back to Thailand just keeping my fingers crossed. "

Here's hoping you can.

Our outbound flights are supposed to be December 16th

I'm expecting virgin to cancel it and already have Vietnam in planning for December 2021 not with Emirates though

By *illyGoFarMan  over a year ago

Fantasyland USA

Yes, I was in Vietnam for 3 months before I flew to Bangkok after Covid hit in March. Now in Pattaya and just got a retirement visa here. Not sure you will get here anytime soon though. Both countries closed now.

Vietnam: If you have kids definitely go to Da Nang/Hoi An and Nha Trang. But still good if not. My favorite place was Hanoi and Halong Bay is a must. Try the egg coffee!

Thailand: Been everywhere here and Bangkok, Koh Tao, Krabi, and Koh Phi Phi my recommended tourist destinations.

I visited all the places in Thailand after Covid lockdown and with no tourists it's good and bad. No tourists make it really depressing with a lot of businesses closed but you have all the tourist spots to yourself.

We should be in Thailand and Vietnam on a 3/4 week trip December and January. It’s just not going to happen. We are already looking for alternatives. Cancun is currently looking the most likely for us. Couple weeks in a vanilla resort with a week in Desire in the middle

kinky land

"We should be in Thailand and Vietnam on a 3/4 week trip December and January. It’s just not going to happen. We are already looking for alternatives. Cancun is currently looking the most likely for us. Couple weeks in a vanilla resort with a week in Desire in the middle "

I've toyed with finding an alternative for this Christmas but I'm just going to wait, hopefully pick up a bargain last minute

kinky land

"Yes, I was in Vietnam for 3 months before I flew to Bangkok after Covid hit in March. Now in Pattaya and just got a retirement visa here. Not sure you will get here anytime soon though. Both countries closed now.

Vietnam: If you have kids definitely go to Da Nang/Hoi An and Nha Trang. But still good if not. My favorite place was Hanoi and Halong Bay is a must. Try the egg coffee!

Thailand: Been everywhere here and Bangkok, Koh Tao, Krabi, and Koh Phi Phi my recommended tourist destinations.

I visited all the places in Thailand after Covid lockdown and with no tourists it's good and bad. No tourists make it really depressing with a lot of businesses closed but you have all the tourist spots to yourself."

Yeah I'm expecting Dec/Jan 2020/21 to get cancelled, ( I haven't even responded to yet another flight change from Emirates as I believe it's mute.)

Id like the kids to see some of Thailand but Xmas 2021 we've got Vietnam on our radar. Fly into Hanoi, train over to Halong bay and bike down to Hoi An

(if not further south) not so bothered about Ho Chi Minh city rather over to the West into a luxury resort

In Thailand, Bangkok (sky train, China town, markets and death railway with the waterfall) then flying down to Phuket to travel back up to khaolak, jungle and elephant-turtle sanctuaries (tsunami museum) etc before heading back to Phuket itself and maybe a private island and snorkelling trip. Well that's the rough plan I'm formulating

I've been to Thailand but the kids haven't and I've waited for them to be old enough to remember and fully enjoy the trips Only for the world to tilt

By *illyGoFarMan  over a year ago

Fantasyland USA

"I'd like the kids to see some of Thailand but Xmas 2021 we've got Vietnam on our radar. Fly into Hanoi, train over to Halong bay and bike down to Hoi An

(if not further south) not so bothered about Ho Chi Minh city rather over to the West into a luxury resort "

Wow, great plan. Ba Na Hills outside of Da Nang is a must. Also Nah Trang has a huge amusement park/waterpark (Vinpearl) on the small island facing the tourist beach. It's only accessible by a cable car that spans over the harbor. Yes I would avoid Ho Chi Minh as you have a lot on your plate. From Phuket you have access to a lot of cool smaller islands.

Has anyone been to Phu Quoc ? We have a week at the JW Marriott booked there

I've been to Thailand, Vietnam, Burma, Cambodia, Laos, hundreds of times in the last 15 years or so.

I've lived extensively in Bangkok, still have a nice condo there. Shame I can't visit it now though, ho hum.

Any specific questions, shoot me a PM

Oh I've done it !

Start off in Bangkok , its central and you can go everywhere from there. I'd spend a day eonteo to settle, then go to Chiang Mai and make way to Phuket. I stayed in Kara beach in Phuket for a while, it's lovely and affordable, lots of food bars too on the beach. Would definitely recommend there for while.

Flights are so cheap from Phuket to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam's Capital. But make sure to do a visa or arrival a few days before

There's so many affordable tours that lasts from a say up to a week. I travelled north to south while in Vietnam.

If you've any questions just drop a reply . I'd recommend using air BnB also , but booking off hosts with reviews

kinky land

"I've been to Thailand, Vietnam, Burma, Cambodia, Laos, hundreds of times in the last 15 years or so.

I've lived extensively in Bangkok, still have a nice condo there. Shame I can't visit it now though, ho hum.

Any specific questions, shoot me a PM

"

I

Thank you

kinky land

"Oh I've done it !

Start off in Bangkok , its central and you can go everywhere from there. I'd spend a day eonteo to settle, then go to Chiang Mai and make way to Phuket. I stayed in Kara beach in Phuket for a while, it's lovely and affordable, lots of food bars too on the beach. Would definitely recommend there for while.

Flights are so cheap from Phuket to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam's Capital. But make sure to do a visa or arrival a few days before

There's so many affordable tours that lasts from a say up to a week. I travelled north to south while in Vietnam.

If you've any questions just drop a reply . I'd recommend using air BnB also , but booking off hosts with reviews "

We'll be flying from Bangkok to Phuket and staying in nice hotels (travelling with my kids and not on a backpackers budget) from Phuket pre booking ots up to Khaolak, maybe the local bus back to Phuket for a learning experience (doesn't hurt to remind the kids how spoilt they are ) and I usually get all visas prior to travel

We don't do much in the way of organised tours anymore, we prefer to meet locals and stay off the beaten track I've always preferred to avoid tourist bus crowds and I like the authentic country

I'm thinking trains for parts of Vietnam, although not 3rd class

"Oh I've done it !

If you've any questions just drop a reply . I'd recommend using air BnB also , but booking off hosts with reviews

We'll be flying from Bangkok to Phuket and staying in nice hotels (travelling with my kids and not on a backpackers budget) from Phuket pre booking ots up to Khaolak, maybe the local bus back to Phuket for a learning experience (doesn't hurt to remind the kids how spoilt they are ) and I usually get all visas prior to travel

We don't do much in the way of organised tours anymore, we prefer to meet locals and stay off the beaten track I've always preferred to avoid tourist bus crowds and I like the authentic country

I'm thinking trains for parts of Vietnam, although not 3rd class "

Well for the kids there's so much the can do, adventure parks and that And do, humble them lol!

Also, use air BnB. I stayed with some families and had a great time, they taught me to cook local dishes and everything

You won't see as many tourists with everything that's going on , so make the most of it!

Really hope you enjoy

By *imited 3EditionCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

"Yes, I was in Vietnam for 3 months before I flew to Bangkok after Covid hit in March. Now in Pattaya and just got a retirement visa here. Not sure you will get here anytime soon though. Both countries closed now.

I visited all the places in Thailand after Covid lockdown and with no tourists it's good and bad. No tourists make it really depressing with a lot of businesses closed but you have all the tourist spots to yourself.

Yeah I'm expecting Dec/Jan 2020/21 to get cancelled, ( I haven't even responded to yet another flight change from Emirates as I believe it's mute.)

Id like the kids to see some of Thailand but Xmas 2021 we've got Vietnam on our radar. Fly into Hanoi, train over to Halong bay and bike down to Hoi An

(if not further south) not so bothered about Ho Chi Minh city rather over to the West into a luxury resort

In Thailand, Bangkok (sky train, China town, markets and death railway with the waterfall) then flying down to Phuket to travel back up to khaolak, jungle and elephant-turtle sanctuaries (tsunami museum) etc before heading back to Phuket itself and maybe a private island and snorkelling trip. Well that's the rough plan I'm formulating

I've been to Thailand but the kids haven't and I've waited for them to be old enough to remember and fully enjoy the trips Only for the world to tilt "

We too waited until our kids were old enough to remember a trip to Thailand and thankfully did a 3 week last yr March/April. They loved it.

We also flew from Bangkok to Phuket. Stayed in Karon beach (great for watersports.. less busy and cleaner than some of the more touristy beaches) and Patong. We then travelled by road to Krabi. Followed by a few nights on the island of koh Yao noi... which was the highlight for my then 15 yr old as he was allowed to ride a scooter around there as its so quiet!

Flew back from Krabi to Bangkok and then went to Pattaya for songkran. Water park there is fab.

Im so glad we managed to go last year... kept wishing i could work from home so I could just work from there... how typical is it that im now working from home but everything is shut down?

Hope you get to make the trip!

"

I'm thinking trains for parts of Vietnam, although not 3rd class "

Get the Hanoi - Saigon sleeper.

I've done it 3 times now and I see new sights each time.

Take plenty of food, drink, sleep when it's dark, explore the train when it's light, meet wonderful people.

» Add a new message to this topic