FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > World Wide > Tui are dragging their heels!

Tui are dragging their heels!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exysinners OP   Couple  over a year ago

Somewhere in the South West

Unfortunately Tui seem to be dragging their heels now with cancelling our trip to Tenerife, they keep saying "yes as far as were concerned its still going and we'll let you know 2 weeks out if it's not!)

Subsequently our holiday plans are up in the air, leaving very little alternative planning time.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Sadly there seem few alternatives to choose from at present. I looked at Rhodes and prices almost doubled after the Turkish quarantine was announced.

True enough Sally, we're even thinking of a week in Gibraltar early November now, just to get away from the hustle and bustle.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Yes it would be nice to get somewhere

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"Unfortunately Tui seem to be dragging their heels now with cancelling our trip to Tenerife, they keep saying "yes as far as were concerned its still going and we'll let you know 2 weeks out if it's not!)

Subsequently our holiday plans are up in the air, leaving very little alternative planning time."

Things change literally overnight and Tui get the same announcements from the gov that the rest of us do.

If they cancelled holidays and it turned out the borders were open, people would complain.

If they confirmed the holiday and the gov decides actually that border will close, people complain.

My experience of tui is actually really good. When they find out they have to cancel a holiday they let you know, give you options and process refunds in good time.

They can't and won't predict the future though.

I'm in a similar situation with our Christmas holiday plans, it's looking very unlikely but it won't be cancelled until December and as it's with virgin I can expect a refund in 2021 Because virgin, unlike tui, are taking over 90 days to begin processing refunds and you can't contact them, or have simple online options to change holiday plans.

Not really complaining about Tui as we also have had good experiences with them, but expressing the point that last time they gave us 7 weeks notice when they cancelled our holiday to give us time to plan, and on this occasion they are waiting until we have only two weeks to go before they cancel our holiday which is blatantly not going to be going ahead.

Why the change in timings?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Unfortunately Tui seem to be dragging their heels now with cancelling our trip to Tenerife, they keep saying "yes as far as were concerned its still going and we'll let you know 2 weeks out if it's not!)

Subsequently our holiday plans are up in the air, leaving very little alternative planning time.

Things change literally overnight and Tui get the same announcements from the gov that the rest of us do.

If they cancelled holidays and it turned out the borders were open, people would complain.

If they confirmed the holiday and the gov decides actually that border will close, people complain.

My experience of tui is actually really good. When they find out they have to cancel a holiday they let you know, give you options and process refunds in good time.

I'm in a similar situation with our Christmas holiday plans, it's looking very unlikely but it won't be cancelled until December and as it's with virgin I can expect a refund in 2021 Because virgin, unlike tui, are taking over 90 days to begin processing refunds and you can't contact them, or have simple online options to change holiday plans."

Virgin made a media release a couple of weeks ago that any refund requests made in September would be refunded within 60 days. And any refunds requested in October would be refunded within 30 days. So I requested refunds now we are in October for some flights, only to be told in the subsequent emailed refund request confirmation that it may take upto 60 days. They need calling out again.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I'm in a similar situation with our Christmas holiday plans, it's looking very unlikely but it won't be cancelled until December and as it's with virgin I can expect a refund in 2021 Because virgin, unlike tui, are taking over 90 days to begin processing refunds and you can't contact them, or have simple online options to change holiday plans.

Virgin made a media release a couple of weeks ago that any refund requests made in September would be refunded within 60 days. And any refunds requested in October would be refunded within 30 days. So I requested refunds now we are in October for some flights, only to be told in the subsequent emailed refund request confirmation that it may take upto 60 days. They need calling out again."

10th July Virgin confirmed my £15k refund.

The website tells me 'after the week commencing 1st november', with a disclaimer that the process can take a further 14 working days

When lockdown happened ALL holidays were cancelled, to all destinations so the TA knew to cancel everything.

Now the gov change their mind overnight and frequently, leaving all TA's waiting and guessing

I still think you're better off having cash tied up with Tui, and not just because they refund much quicker, but also your options. Tui can offer holidays (yes current situation affects it) but virgin only really do US so no real options right now

And covid to oneside, Virgin customer service and what they can offer and how they 'support' their customers, is a thing of the past so they are now both useless and over expensive *sobs*

» Add a new message to this topic