FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > World Wide > tunisia

tunisia

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What's it like for a holiday ... Never been but looking at it ... Whats the Food / drink like ... things to see and do ... Ect ect

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Choose the time period wisely, as it can get very hot! it's an interesting place, get out and see some antiquities etc. Certainly different to Europe, but the resorts there are of a good standard. Expect western style food in western geared hotels. Interesting souks - indoor markets sort of thing - to wander around, barter etc.

And some good deals going.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What's it like for a holiday ... Never been but looking at it ... Whats the Food / drink like ... things to see and do ... Ect ect"

If you are a Brit bar egg and bacon guy didn't bother but if you like a change go for it. The prices are good the people are great or that's my view.

Been twice now and I'd recommend it. Food can put people off as it can be a bit basic/ethnic but I've always thought it ok. Lots of places to visit, markets and local towns etc. Just be aware it's like Turkey and traders love to hassle you.

We went mid October. Sea was beautiful,calm and warm. Staff at hotel and beach were very friendly. Hotel was spotless. Food was nice,husband loved the desserts. Plenty to do on the beach and other activities. Pool activities and plenty of bar areas. If you're going with children they might not appreciate the 2 day tour of the country we went on but I found it interesting. There's a lot of history and cultural things to see. I loved it

Our hotel had a different country food theme every night plus pizza,soup and pasta. Breakfast doesn't include bacon but plenty of other things to have. If you're a big drinker take a bottle of your own alcohol as they didn't have any when we went. Local drinks were fine anyway

Really loved it

Try and stay in the ibuero star in El kantoui western and traditional food every night, the best hotel I have ever stayed in the most beautiful beach and bang in the middle of everything to do such as water sports, catacombs, markets, marina, shopping, boat trips, diving, quad biking and camel rides absolutely stunning and I'd go back tonight if I had the cash x we went during the hottest period and it was stil bearable but watch out for Ramadan, the religious holiday as the locals don't eat or drink or smoke at all during day light hours and can understandably be a bit short sometimes and everyone packs up at sunset for 2-3 hrs to go home and break the fast with family. During Ramadan you can expect to pay a little more for taxis and alcohol but not by much x

I haven't been their yet but I've heard nothing but good reviews.

Fot religious purposes, I personally plan to go on a pilgrimage to Monastir in the northeast of the country ; it's the ancient town where The Life Of Brian was filmed - and I for one am a devout Pythonist!

"Been twice now and I'd recommend it. Food can put people off as it can be a bit basic/ethnic but I've always thought it ok. Lots of places to visit, markets and local towns etc. Just be aware it's like Turkey and traders love to hassle you."

Lol ethnic. U were in north Africa, not Northampton.

"Been twice now and I'd recommend it. Food can put people off as it can be a bit basic/ethnic but I've always thought it ok. Lots of places to visit, markets and local towns etc. Just be aware it's like Turkey and traders love to hassle you.

Lol ethnic. U were in north Africa, not Northampton.

LMAO

Yeah, ethnic food in North Africa, who'd have thought.....

"

Been twice on my own. Recommend it as a holiday venue if you like historic sites and different cultures. Dont go during Ramadan. Xmas was wierd...hot weather and painted xmas scenes on hotel windows. Lovely friendly people and an amazing country.

Thanks for the replys ... Going to look into booking it need a chill out break lol

Will let you know, going 3 weeks tomorrow

Brilliant! Just back from there a month ago and had a ball !

Booked it today going in a few weeks time ... Chill time

3 weeks to go then I will be there counting down now lol ... Just going to chill at side of that pool

By *hecat007Woman  over a year ago

Round the corner

You need to stay at port el kantaoui

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

if you smoke tobacco take papers and tips with you as they are impossible to find once there and buy tobacco on plane going there its sooo cheap ...great holiday if you wish to loose weight as the food is awful !

Thanks for that I do smoke an will take plenty papers lol how much was amber leaf on plane

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"if you smoke tobacco take papers and tips with you as they are impossible to find once there and buy tobacco on plane going there its sooo cheap ...great holiday if you wish to loose weight as the food is awful !"

My brother went a few years ago, he told me the food was awful aswel. Said he'd never ever go there again, terrible holiday, beside the awful food, nothing but hassle in shops and markets from folk trying to get you to buy stuff you don't want.

Been twice and the weather is fantastic. Nit one for excursions so stay at the hotel. Port El Kantoui has a nice Marina with shops and restaurants.

It's a closed currency, I go all inclusive and hardly change any GB £ for Dina.

Recommend it just for the weather

Lol could do with sheading a few pounds but going just to chill ... Being a HGV driver an always being on the move here there an everywhere I'm putting the brakes on an not moving an doing as little as possible an just going with the flow lol

Been 3 times and booking again for next year.

Some stunning history to take in,as well as all the wonderful film settings.

Not much of Monastir left from the life of Brian set, other than the old mosque.

Star wars underground village is there,as well as el Jem the place they filmed Gladiator.

You can stand in the centre of the arena and feel in awe as to how they managed to build it in the middle of a desert.

Plus Emperor Hadrians summer home is around 10mins walk away,a beautiful museum.

Most hotels are all inclusive,but dont expect a full English breakfast at some.

You just have to try the local delicatessens and have a "Brik" just watch out for the egg making a surprise entrance.

Beaches are stunning and scuba diving is a must do (very cheap as well)

Was there in late June and average temp was around 40 so take lots of sun cream.

Tobacco was cheaper at the airport if your landing at Enfida.

Duty free is in arrivals and if your going with Thomas Cook, you get extra 10% off,with your boarding card.

Enjoy the trip and have a great time.

By *rtemisiaWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

"What's it like for a holiday ... Never been but looking at it ... Whats the Food / drink like ... things to see and do ... Ect ect"

The waiters are quite tasty. I had one on the beach!

8 days to go lol

8 days to go

[Removed by poster at 27/09/14 14:48:01]

Hi we are going to hammemt in tunisia does any one know where swingers clubs are or where we can have fun

paulnlucy

3 more work days to go lol

» Add a new message to this topic