FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > World Wide > Cap d'Agde FAB Meeting Point

Cap d'Agde FAB Meeting Point

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

OK guys looks like there will be enough people to start the FAB Meets off starting next week Monday 25th May. Let's all make an effort to make these work whilst we are out there in the sunshine.

Updates on this thread if you like?

“FAB” MEETING SPOT. Café Palm Re, every Monday and Friday 11.00am to Midday. Café Palm Re is at the entrance to Port Ambonne (from the harbour side) opposite La Pilouterie. Sit near to the sidewalk / café barrier on the left and use the word “Fab” in conversation to attract fellow Fabbers… Fab food, Fab weather, Fab place etc etc

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *exy BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde

Great idea and looking forward to seeing a few faces behind the forum names.....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Great idea. I will be there.

By *evaDuoCouple  over a year ago

chester

Sounds Great

See you on Monday 25th if anyone about

By *ack_greenfinchMan  over a year ago

bristol

I'll be there. Sounds like fun

By *four1or2Couple  over a year ago

Spilsby/Skegness

Great idea and we will be there between the 19th June and 7th July.

North West

Did anyone turn up on Monday?

By *igdodger13Man  over a year ago

sompting

I will be there from 21/6 to 12/7

We are in Cap d'Agde from 17th-27th July .. can't wait for our annual pilgrimage!!

Message us if you are there at the same time ...

A fab wristband might be an idea or if you have similar to help for Heros one you could reverse it and write fab on it . Just incase someone's sitting there and there not looking for fabbers lol

By *evaDuoCouple  over a year ago

chester

Nobody there apart from us last Monday

Shame really

Hope it gets better

Can't help thinkin Johnny's Terrace in the afternoon is better and supporting the Brits

North West

"Nobody there apart from us last Monday

Shame really

Hope it gets better

Can't help thinkin Johnny's Terrace in the afternoon is better and supporting the Brits

"

That's a shame. I have no problem in where the meeting point is but no one was actually being proactive and making it happen.

From a personal perspective we would not go to Wokkers again ever having been hissed at twice by the woman there. We had one year and were told it was probably a one off and then the same thing happened a couple of years later. Two visits, two hissies and that is enough for us. It is the only place we have ever met unpleasantness in eight years visiting and to have it twice means that we would not go there again.

I suggested Palm Re because it is easy to find, it has a pleasant outlook anyway and you do get a nice service at that cafe, as you do in most places.

By *arcafunCouple  over a year ago

Catalunya, Spain

Shame really

Hope it gets better

That's a shame. I have no problem in where the meeting point is but no one was actually being proactive and making it happen.

From a personal perspective we would not go to Wokkers again ever having been hissed at twice by the woman there. We had one year and were told it was probably a one off and then the same thing happened a couple of years later. Two visits, two hissies and that is enough for us. It is the only place we have ever met unpleasantness in eight years visiting and to have it twice means that we would not go there again.

I suggested Palm Re because it is easy to find, it has a pleasant outlook anyway and you do get a nice service at that cafe, as you do in most places."

Why???

By *ack_greenfinchMan  over a year ago

bristol

Shame really

Hope it gets better

I suggested Palm Re because it is easy to find, it has a pleasant outlook anyway and you do get a nice service at that cafe, as you do in most places.

Why???"

I was there too last Monday, but... Sorry that we didn't spot each other, DevaDuo!

North West

Shame really

Hope it gets better

Why???"

First time because we asked for a clean glass as the drink that she had poured had lip stick on the glass. She purred the drink out of the dirt glass into the new glass. We objected and got an earful.

A year or two later we were on our way to le glamour or someplace so we stopped in for a drink and asked for a paper napkin for Mrs to sit on. We were told thAt we should bring our own and it was our responsibility to bring a towel.

End of....

Just want to say though. Fucking awesome night tonight in Xtasia.......

By *exy BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agde

Shame really

Hope it gets better

I suggested Palm Re because it is easy to find, it has a pleasant outlook anyway and you do get a nice service at that cafe, as you do in most places."

Well, we didn't want to be the first to say this, but we totally agree with you. We first started going to JW's around 15 years ago and things were fine.

Around 10 years ago, she showed the first signs of unpleasantness and it has got progressively worse.

We now know around a 10-12 couples and singles who like us, won't set foot in the door. All of those have been going for many years.

There were quite a few people celebrating when the news arrived about it being up for sale.

We don't want to hijack this thread, just following on from the above comment.

So, Palm Ré it is.......

By *b061Man  over a year ago

South

"

...From a personal perspective we would not go to Wokkers again ever having been hissed at twice by the woman there...

...round 10 years ago, she showed the first signs of unpleasantness and it has got progressively worse.

We now know around a 10-12 couples and singles who like us, won't set foot in the door. All of those have been going for many years..."

I'm inclined to agree with the two of you on this... I've always visited JW's on my trips to the Cap and, while I've never experienced any unpleasantness of the type mentioned (perhaps I had too much to drink to notice it???), am bound to say that I've always preferred the seemingly more relaxed atmosphere in some of the other bars - Pilouterie, Palm Ré, 1667 etc. - perhaps partially due to them having more space and nicer aspects?

JW's can also get a little tight at times and while some body to body contact has been welcomed, lol, there's just not enough space to really enjoy the place!

I'm certainly happy with the Palm Ré choice and hope to meet up with a few of you there in early September.

By *anickaCapDAgdeCouple  over a year ago

France

As the owner went off topic, so will we. We totally respect that anyone can go to any bar they want to. However, any genuine naturist knows that you bring your own towel or covering to protect the seat from ( let us say politely) any matter you may leave behind. Just saying xxxx

Plans change too which can leave you a little exposed

By *anickaCapDAgdeCouple  over a year ago

France

As any frood knows, you never go anywhere without your towel! H/T Douglas Adams

North West

"As any frood knows, you never go anywhere without your towel! H/T Douglas Adams "

Midnight on th way to La Glamour is different to 11am and going for a coffee. Mrs had on a micro dress and politely asked for a paper towel. Every other bar we have ever been to understands why a woman in a tiny dress may want sit on a napkin. We certainly don't carry towels around on the way to La Glamour.

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

All bars have their good and bad points. Is it not Palm Ri which puts up its alcohol prices at 9pm ? Caught us out a few times that one.

We'd meet anywhere, but I think it's not the "where" which is the problem, it's identifying the other Fab people.

Is there not some common item that could be put on the table to show your from Fab ? A shame there is no such thing as the "swingers times" which you could leave on the table in front of you, or read up to your face with a lump cut out so you could see the people going by.

We don't buy into this Fab meeting idea and can't see the point. A comprehensive list of Fab members at Cap d'Agde is kindly maintained by Two Hot and it's easy enough to message those who appeal and arrange a meet. Equally a night out in the bars and/or clubs soon identifies potential 'new friends'.

[Removed by poster at 31/05/15 12:38:42]

[Removed by poster at 31/05/15 12:38:49]

South

"We don't buy into this Fab meeting idea and can't see the point..."

The list is great, I agree, and I've already commended TwoHot on this - it certainly does help arrange meets in advance, as many of us will be doing.

However, speaking as one who has been let down there by pre-arranged meets (just as happens to many in non-Cap situations!), I'd hope you'd agree that having a regular meeting place and time is a great option to have.

I've organised such Cap meets in the past or a more impromptu basis and they've been great for chats, drinks and more!

South

"... we'd meet anywhere, but I think it's not the "where" which is the problem, it's identifying the other Fab people...

"

I feel that the organised meeting would essentially work as an icebreaker (as many travel agents run) and people would quickly agree to meet wherever else suited.

One poster made the simple suggestion of wearing one's watch upside down while as an identifier - perhaps also on the right arm - what do you think? The simple solutions are often the best!

"We don't buy into this Fab meeting idea and can't see the point...

The list is great, I agree, and I've already commended TwoHot on this - it certainly does help arrange meets in advance, as many of us will be doing.

However, speaking as one who has been let down there by pre-arranged meets (just as happens to many in non-Cap situations!), I'd hope you'd agree that having a regular meeting place and time is a great option to have.

I've organised such Cap meets in the past or a more impromptu basis and they've been great for chats, drinks and more! "

Whilst we do agree you will encounter time wasters both on Fab and in non-Cap situations, we maintain our view that weekly daytime meets at a bar are unlikely to work. Be interesting to see how many actually do turn up and make these a success.

"... we'd meet anywhere, but I think it's not the "where" which is the problem, it's identifying the other Fab people...

I feel that the organised meeting would essentially work as an icebreaker (as many travel agents run) and people would quickly agree to meet wherever else suited.

One poster made the simple suggestion of wearing one's watch upside down while as an identifier - perhaps also on the right arm - what do you think? The simple solutions are often the best! "

Oh no not the dreaded holiday reps meeting where they try and sell you tours which you could of organised yourself and whilst wishing you were at the pool having secured your sunbed lol.

As you say keep it simple and put a Fab sign on your table or better still just ask 'Are you on Fab'.

"

...From a personal perspective we would not go to Wokkers again ever having been hissed at twice by the woman there...

...round 10 years ago, she showed the first signs of unpleasantness and it has got progressively worse.

We now know around a 10-12 couples and singles who like us, won't set foot in the door. All of those have been going for many years...

I'm inclined to agree with the two of you on this... I've always visited JW's on my trips to the Cap and, while I've never experienced any unpleasantness of the type mentioned (perhaps I had too much to drink to notice it???), am bound to say that I've always preferred the seemingly more relaxed atmosphere in some of the other bars - Pilouterie, Palm Ré, 1667 etc. - perhaps partially due to them having more space and nicer aspects?

JW's can also get a little tight at times and while some body to body contact has been welcomed, lol, there's just not enough space to really enjoy the place!

I'm certainly happy with the Palm Ré choice and hope to meet up with a few of you there in early September. "

Have to agree, just hope we don't upset the JW appreciation society it's Palm Re for me.

» Add a new message to this topic