FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > World Wide > Just back from swinging Gran Canaria!!

Just back from swinging Gran Canaria!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *amiss OP   Couple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Hi all

Just returned from Gran Canaria last night and what a hectic time it has been! We would just like to share our thoughts on clubs there. Please bear in mind this was a new experience for us and are our opinions of what we experienced. Firstly Comeback Bar. Great place to meet other fun people. The boys who own the bar were fantastic and always very welcoming to new and old faces. Spent our first night visiting Venus and not impressed. Unfortunately only 7 people there including bar staff and us!! Fun 4 All although small is very well presented in decor. Playroom we used had a lovely shower and air conditioning. However, single men kept bursting in and being a nuisance, they have no lockable rooms for health and safety reasons, which is fair enough but not for us at that time. However the main club area had no air conditioning and it was uncomfortably hot and sweaty, that was before we got down to playing! When Barry asked if they wanted our name to put on the bar tab, the lady just said 'no I'll put lady in white with long dark hair!??' Met some great people there. In our opinion, the best place for us was 2 x 2 in Sandia Centre. As soon as we walked through the door, the owners Chris & Katie introduced themselves and bothered to ask our names too. Chris gave us a detailed tour of the club and explained everything to us. It is a large club, with air conditioning in main bar. Playrooms were a little dark but there were lots of different ones to suit different tastes. We had the best time there and several nights of fun and will definitely go there when we return next March/April. They made us feel welcome every night and didn't take their guests for granted. Like I said people will have different opinions to us and it will be interesting to hear those. Happy hols!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi all

Just returned from Gran Canaria last night and what a hectic time it has been! We would just like to share our thoughts on clubs there. Please bear in mind this was a new experience for us and are our opinions of what we experienced. Firstly Comeback Bar. Great place to meet other fun people. The boys who own the bar were fantastic and always very welcoming to new and old faces. Spent our first night visiting Venus and not impressed. Unfortunately only 7 people there including bar staff and us!! Fun 4 All although small is very well presented in decor. Playroom we used had a lovely shower and air conditioning. However, single men kept bursting in and being a nuisance, they have no lockable rooms for health and safety reasons, which is fair enough but not for us at that time. However the main club area had no air conditioning and it was uncomfortably hot and sweaty, that was before we got down to playing! When Barry asked if they wanted our name to put on the bar tab, the lady just said 'no I'll put lady in white with long dark hair!??' Met some great people there. In our opinion, the best place for us was 2 x 2 in Sandia Centre. As soon as we walked through the door, the owners Chris & Katie introduced themselves and bothered to ask our names too. Chris gave us a detailed tour of the club and explained everything to us. It is a large club, with air conditioning in main bar. Playrooms were a little dark but there were lots of different ones to suit different tastes. We had the best time there and several nights of fun and will definitely go there when we return next March/April. They made us feel welcome every night and didn't take their guests for granted. Like I said people will have different opinions to us and it will be interesting to hear those. Happy hols!!"

many thanks for taking the trouble to inform the rest of of your experiences.A most useful piece of information.

Thank you. It is individual personal none commercial reports on locations like the one that you have given that make a community worth joining.

We spent the last two xmas/new years in gran canaria..can only agree with your comments...Venus only opened last xmas whilst we were there and yes..same problem we tried to give them some business but each night very few people..Mainly single guys, again,would not take NO for an answer!!! But we were not sure about 2X2...the old club in the cita was OK..but the new club last xmas we found cold and a bit seedy...most of the clientel were elderly spanish and again a lot of single young Spanish guys that followed us round on the guided tour!!!! Couldnt work out if they thought we were just going to get our kit off without even staying for a drink!!!We did try on a different night to be sure but we dindt even finish our drinks on the second night...Agree abour fun for all..best atmosphere but even at xmas the main room does get warm, and YES again the single guys will just walk into any of the rooms without being asked and we found quite rude and agressive if you said No ...even thanks but no thanks didnt work!!! BUTwe are allready booked for this xmas, have allready made contact with a couple of couples from this site,thanks you know who you are ..and we hope they will get in touch whilst we are there, It wont put us off visiting the clubs just kills a little of anything spontanious!!! We use the come back bar most nights so anyone else over there ask Martin to point us out..Carl & Aj....xx

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Glad to hear you had a great holiday guys and shame you had to witness a quiet night at Venus

Its brilliant in there when its busy which luckily it was when we where there a week before you

Yes Fun4All does get a bit overbearing but we enjoy it in there so much w etend to put up with it

Shame we never got to meet you guys

xx

we going sat week (we better not say anything when we come back as we might be accused of having something against some of the owners of bars there) . posts in the past we made bout gran canaria didnt go down well with some people . ........glad u allowed ur opionion here as we were not ..... as all our swing friends know we go every march-sep-nov- if any of ye lovely peeps wanna know any more on swing scene in gran canaria PM us . .thanks lucy xx

By *randmrsfreakyCouple  over a year ago

alfreton near chesterfield

Where is Venus, is it downstairs in the Cita, if so has it been refurbed since last October?

Have visited fun4all but cant remember what the other club in Cita is called/

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

" if any of ye lovely peeps wanna know any more on swing scene in gran canaria PM us . .thanks lucy xx"

Well, we did just that, sent you a polite pm to ask about GC and you deleted without even a reply.

Thanks anyway

By *entadreadMan  over a year ago

Essex

" if any of ye lovely peeps wanna know any more on swing scene in gran canaria PM us . .thanks lucy xx

Well, we did just that, sent you a polite pm to ask about GC and you deleted without even a reply.

Thanks anyway "

ummmm

By *elbymanMan  over a year ago

Howden

Where is Comeback Bar? Going to Gran Canaria for Xmas and fancy taking a visit?

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

The Comeback Bar is on the top floor in the cita center

We love it there.

xxx

chelmsford

Funlovers shame we didn't meet you too!! xx We had no problems in 2 x 2 with anyone thankfully. We think it is important that hosts welcome their guests and 'show them the ropes' as we are new to this! We had more problems with single spanish guys in Fun 4 All, it just depends on what nights you attend I would think. We know they are all swingers clubs but it would be nice to be acknowledged as we were in 2 x 2 by Chris & Katie. They all have businesses to run but we choose to go where we are made to feel most welcommed. After all, we are all there for the same reasons which is to have some fun!! Comeback bar is very entertaining and the guys are lovely. Definitely go back there next year! x

chelmsford

Just a PS on last post. Met some fabulous sexy couples in 2 x 2 club.

chelmsford

comebackbar

think we should all be entitled to our opinions on here, as you should be. Everyone has a preference of where they choose to play and spend their hard earned euros. Business is business whatever type of business you are in and being respectful to people encourages them to come back to you. May sound trivial, but being acknowledged and asked your name is a good start for us!!

By *sland CoupleCouple  over a year ago

jersey

Shame we missed you this time, we're back in March so we may see you then if your there at the same time.

Glad you had a good time, Venus is a bit quiet in the week, if you go again, try a Saturday night, that's the busiest.

By *dambebadMan  over a year ago

chorley

whilst people are giving their opinion...I arrived yesterday and i went to the comeback bar last nite...what a joke..I ordered a drink and was asked to leave as the bar guy said it was a private members place. I already new what this bar was about and it was reccommended to me by people on this site. So he told me a load of cock and bull..i walked out ..so does any body have any more fun ideas for me lol

jersey

That's odd, never heard of anyone being refused in there unless they did something wrong, it's just an ordinary bar and there was no private party, we were there sitting at the table outside.

chorley

seriously i went bout 8pm...i try again i just walked in and out

chorley

should i go again tonight? Honestly i was shocked by this..i looked around and were only couples in so i assumed it cuz i was a single guy..worst part is it took me 20min to find the bloody place lol..

"should i go again tonight? Honestly i was shocked by this..i looked around and were only couples in so i assumed it cuz i was a single guy..worst part is it took me 20min to find the bloody place lol.."

Never had any problems when we have been, single blokes have been in, we go on thursday so will keep an eye out for that one

chelmsford

We were not aware of any 'private club' here. Assumed it was a normal bar for anyone to drink in. Albeit any owner has the right to refuse to serve someone. Seems a bit harsh to me. There were several single guys in there when we were there. Perhaps worth trying again or go to one of the clubs downstairs. I understand they let so many single guys in, in ratio to couples. Good luck and enjoy your holiday.

By *ornydevilsCouple  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

We totally agree with this couples views on the clubs in Gran Canaria. Chris and Katie (2X2 club) have an excellent attitude, friendly and helpful at all times. Air conditioning, music, play rooms and drink prices all great! Will be back again next year. Wouldn't go back to Venus either. Fun for all is good but lack of air conditioning makes it uncomfortable. Any one like more details feel free to send us a message. p.s. we stayed in a great hotel next to Cita which we would highly recommend for swingers, close to sand dunes and has nudist sun terrace on roof with showers.

jersey

8 is a bit early, maybe they didn't want the place filling up with too many single guys and leave no room for couples, I've had that in ordinary nightclubs?

I would have a try again after 9.30, that when it starts to get busy.

We'll be in there tonight, if you see us come and say hi.

Thanks for the info on 2x2 we'll give it more of a look in this christmas when we go

xx

By *ornydevilsCouple  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Thanks to everyone who has sent us an email regarding the hotel we stayed at near Cita Centre. Hope the following information is helpful.

We stayed at the Catarina Hotel ( booked through Thomas Cook/Direct holidays) approx 200 metres from the Cita. Its next to Rui Palace hotel which has access straight onto the sand dunes. The Catarina has 2 swimming pools, large gardens and plenty sunbeds throughout. Food was buffet and surprisingly good, nudist sun terrace on roof of hotel has amazing views over the sand dunes to the sea and the staff were excellent. There are a few clubs in the Cita, we preferred Fun for All to the others. However, our favourite club was 2x2 in the La Sandia Centre which is about 500 metres from hotel. This is a large club with proper air con and owners Chris & Katie have an excellent attitude. We thought that this excellent club was where most of the real swingers hang out There is a large nudist beach across the sand dunes and a section for swingers too. Happy swinging.

chelmsford

Thank you for your feedback on your hotel. Sounds great and nice and central. As you know from our previous post, we totally agree with you about 2x2 club, for all same reasons. This was the only place we saw any real 'action' and it was constant. People there certainly knew how to enjoy themselves and entertain others if that's what you want!!

"should i go again tonight? Honestly i was shocked by this..i looked around and were only couples in so i assumed it cuz i was a single guy..worst part is it took me 20min to find the bloody place lol..

Never had any problems when we have been, single blokes have been in, we go on thursday so will keep an eye out for that one"

Just returned from 10 days in Gran Canaria, we did notice that some single blokes were being turned away, not sure if it was because it was really busy or the blokes were unaware that it is a swingers bar

chelmsford

I think you are right. It was very busy in there when we were there and very hot. Some people were just passing it by when they saw how busy it was. We done this ourselves on a couple of occaisions and went straight to 2 x 2 club. However I feel everybody should be made to feel welcome as long as they behave themselves. Some couples like to hook up with single guys as well as other couples.

» Add a new message to this topic