FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > World Wide > bike rentals

bike rentals

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

been to peyrto del carmen for 10 days hired a bike and got it stolen first night then i had to pay a total of 900 euro to the hire firm after spanding 3 hours in police station ..was told my holiday insurance would pay out but they refused..thoughts any one please ,, this has totally ruined my well earned break

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think you are spot on,it's ruined your well earned break

the bike hire firm is responsable for bikes will on the road or in their own premises ..but if you hire them your responsable all quite legall im told pity they didnt make me aware,, before i hired the things!!!!it was locked and with in a loked and gated complex!!

By *raceytvcdTV/TS  over a year ago

mansfield

Inside job ,the bike will be back on the road when you leave

its a bollocks insurance wont pay out they told me !!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"its a bollocks insurance wont pay out they told me !!!"
ok I may be able to give you some advice here. 1st of all - Insurance companies the world over will always try and get out of paying a claim. Then if they can't get out of it they will try and pay the least amount possible. So it all depends on the following:

1. Bike hire company - usually they have an optional insurance policy which covers the renter - similar to a car hire company - worth asking them about this and if so why wasn't it offered.

2. 900€ seems a hell of a lot for a bike - so you need to see the original invoice for the purchase of the bike before you pay anything. Depending on how old the bike was, condition etc it will have depreciated in value unless its new.

3. Negligence is the operative word! had you just left it in the open, no lock etc then yes. If it is in a secure compound then who has the keys/codes to get in? How did you secure it and who gave you the lock - obviously not fit for purpose.

4. Finally, what does your travel insurance policy cover?

5. Your home contents policy MAY have some cover if you have an "All risks" section - worth asking.

That's it.

By *raceytvcdTV/TS  over a year ago

mansfield

Id have paid fuck all

thanks guys i will ring insurance again

» Add a new message to this topic