FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > World Wide > Bangkok

Bangkok

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkyBoroCouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

We are currently in Bangkok for a few a nights and looking for suggestion from fellow Fabbers of fun places to go to

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ait88Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

Have a meal on a river boat. See the travel agent in your hotel and chose the one with traditional dancing. Take at least B3,000 because the booze on board is very expensive.

Visit Samphran Elephant Ground, the agent will book it. It takes about 2 hours to get there (less on Sundays). Have a go on a paddle boat - hilarious.

Visit Trader Jim's House - see the travel agent.

Visit the red light district along Sukhumvit after 11:00 pm. See go-go bars and ladyboys. Send me your email address for details.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza (5 mins walk from each other) are good for bars and people watching.

MBK is good for shopping.

Go to Tha Maharaj and get a private longboat to take you on an hours cruise up the river and canal. Keep your eyes peeled for komodo dragons on the embankment and kids feeding swathes of carp fish... Your boat man will stop at a floating mini market where you can grab a beer and you can ask them to drop you off somewhere else... Wat Arun is on the other side of the river and a good drop off point.

On a night, I like Ko San Road or Patpong market... Plenty to see, bars etc.

Enjoy it - great city!

Plymouth

"Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza (5 mins walk from each other) are good for bars and people watching."

“Sukhumvit” (no “road” or “street” required) is a very long road, which is six lanes wide in metropolitan Bangkok. The "odd" side between Sois 3 and 23, plus Soi 4, is the westerner's (farang's) red light district.

You may be able to RUN between Nana Plaza (on Sukhumvit Soi 4 – the “even” side of the road), and Soi Cowboy (a lane connecting Sukhumvit Soi 21 with Soi 23 – the “odd” side of the road) in five minutes. But it would have to be in the early morning, when its coolest and the pavements are clear. It’s nine city blocks, and the traffic lights to cross the six-lane Soi 21 (Asoke Montri) stay red for two minutes at a time. You’d have to be a bit fit!

Allow half an hour to stroll between Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy along odd side, where the bright lights are. The pavement is lined with street vendors from Soi 3 to past Soi 9, and there’s lots to see and buy. At night, the pavement is crowded, and you have to walk along the road if you’re in a hurry.

"Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza (5 mins walk from each other) are good for bars and people watching.

“Sukhumvit” (no “road” or “street” required) is a very long road, which is six lanes wide in metropolitan Bangkok. The "odd" side between Sois 3 and 23, plus Soi 4, is the westerner's (farang's) red light district.

You may be able to RUN between Nana Plaza (on Sukhumvit Soi 4 – the “even” side of the road), and Soi Cowboy (a lane connecting Sukhumvit Soi 21 with Soi 23 – the “odd” side of the road) in five minutes. But it would have to be in the early morning, when its coolest and the pavements are clear. It’s nine city blocks, and the traffic lights to cross the six-lane Soi 21 (Asoke Montri) stay red for two minutes at a time. You’d have to be a bit fit!

Allow half an hour to stroll between Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy along odd side, where the bright lights are. The pavement is lined with street vendors from Soi 3 to past Soi 9, and there’s lots to see and buy. At night, the pavement is crowded, and you have to walk along the road if you’re in a hurry.

"

Ok - it may not be five. But unless you're legless (literally!) it's nowhere near 30!

Plymouth

The distance is about one mile. If you don't belive me, google it. I've walked the round trip from the Honey Hotel on Soi 19 to Cowboy, to NEP, and back to the Honey, literally hundreds of times. Your 5 minutes probably refers to the time by taxi, which depends on the time of day, and if he drops you on the "wrong" side of Asoke Montri, so that you have to cross the road to Cowboy.

One mile in 30 minutes is an average speed of 2mph. That's about average walking pace.

"The distance is about one mile. If you don't belive me, google it. I've walked the round trip from the Honey Hotel on Soi 19 to Cowboy, to NEP, and back to the Honey, literally hundreds of times. Your 5 minutes probably refers to the time by taxi, which depends on the time of day, and if he drops you on the "wrong" side of Asoke Montri, so that you have to cross the road to Cowboy.

One mile in 30 minutes is an average speed of 2mph. That's about average walking pace."

I can't believe I'm doing this as I was just about to say you had too much time on your hands.. BUT.. I did google it. 17 minutes walking.

Plymouth

It's a bank holiday and raining. Hence the time.

You have now tripled your original "5 minutes", and don't dispute the one mile distance. What is your source for the “17 minutes” please.

I'm sure you can walk a mile in 17 minutes. But the OPs may not be keen athletes in top condition. But they are tourists seeing Sukhumvit for the first time.

My fist post ended:

“Allow half an hour to stroll between Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy along odd side, where the bright lights are. The pavement is lined with street vendors from Soi 3 to past Soi 9, and there’s lots to see and buy. At night, the pavement is crowded, and you have to walk along the road if you’re in a hurry.”

I stand by that advice.

By *lessure_you69Man  over a year ago

Sydney

"Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza (5 mins walk from each other) are good for bars and people watching.

MBK is good for shopping.

Go to Tha Maharaj and get a private longboat to take you on an hours cruise up the river and canal. Keep your eyes peeled for komodo dragons on the embankment and kids feeding

swathes of carp fish... Your boat man will stop at a floating mini market where you can grab a beer and you can ask them to drop you off somewhere else... Wat Arun is on the other side of the river and a good drop off point.

On a night, I like Ko San Road or Patpong market... Plenty to see, bars etc.

Enjoy it - great city! "

Fantastic advice right there, u know Bangkok well.

KinkyBoroCouple I hope that u are having a great holiday in Thailand, xx.

Lot nava dinner boat cruise

Do a trip to Kwai very good there

By *appyguy4413Man  over a year ago

Christchurch, Dorset, Watford, west London

May be 17 mins but you have to take in to account the heat... and you will have to keep side stepping the lady's trying to offer you a massage and also the ladyboys

But the biggest problem is the middle eastern tourist doing their shopping st the stalls in the evening they have stalls either side of the pavement and it's normally single file walking and theses people just stop and shop and trying to get past is a nightmare

Plymouth

"May be 17 mins but you have to take in to account the heat... and you will have to keep side stepping the lady's trying to offer you a massage and also the ladyboys

But the biggest problem is the middle eastern tourist doing their shopping st the stalls in the evening they have stalls either side of the pavement and it's normally single file walking and theses people just stop and shop and trying to get past is a nightmare

"

The point I was making is "it isn't far".... Until some pedantic sod started to write war and peace

Plymouth

By *appyguy4413Man  over a year ago

Christchurch, Dorset, Watford, west London

[Removed by poster at 07/05/17 22:38:01]

By *ugarandKandiCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

Hey we get into bangkok Thurs night for a few nights. We are out of your age range but drop us a mail. We are def more mature than teeside folk in their 40's

By *inkyBoroCouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions, only there a short time, so only managed to fit a few of them in.

Home now and loved the place.

Thanks again everyone

D&N xx

» Add a new message to this topic