FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > World Wide > Turkey

Turkey

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi what’s turkey like as a holiday destination hubby mentioned about going at end of summer but heard mixed reviews from friends any comments welcome x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi what’s turkey like as a holiday destination hubby mentioned about going at end of summer but heard mixed reviews from friends any comments welcome x "

brilliant

been about 8 times, places quite varied, changed a lot since my first time, new laws in place, so less hassle when shopping.

Just back from Antalya, stayed at lana beach area and only 15/20 minutes by bus into the town, shopping is superb.

been to Mamaris, Didum beach, Kusadasi, Bodrum, also the Isle of Kos.

Right now over in Turkey, its 6 Turkish lira to £1 so very good value.

if you go have a fantastic time but I will say, flaying in is hard but most resorts I had to go to were 2 hours travelling so that's really hard but recently only a 20 minutes journey so do your checking.

have a fantastic time if you two go

"Hi what’s turkey like as a holiday destination hubby mentioned about going at end of summer but heard mixed reviews from friends any comments welcome x

brilliant

been about 8 times, places quite varied, changed a lot since my first time, new laws in place, so less hassle when shopping.

Just back from Antalya, stayed at lana beach area and only 15/20 minutes by bus into the town, shopping is superb.

if you go have a fantastic time but I will say, flaying in is hard but most resorts I had to go to were 2 hours travelling so that's really hard but recently only a 20 minutes journey so do your checking.

have a fantastic time if you two go "

hi thanks for the advice much appreciated must admit never really appealed to me before but hubby think he can get a bargain holiday at the end of the summer so we shall see ! Glad you have had some great holidays there yourself xx

Im there right and and I love it. In Istanbul. Food is amazing, and shopping is cheap. Trick is to not make eye contact and to walk like you know where you are going

By *exonwwwMan  over a year ago

Turkey Antalya

If you tell some details what you are looking for on holiday. I can give you some advice. There are lots of idea they tell u, I think they all went different destinations and hotels. There are lots of places for every kinds of holiday.

I've been to Alanya 3 times & I love it out there. The food is good, people are friendly & the beaches are good too. It's a bit of a run from Antalya airport but worth it. I have family living out there so I get picked up from the airport ! I'm going out again next May. You may want to avoid going in August though as temperatures can hit 50 degrees C.

WE are expats living in SW Turkey near Fethiye for 7 years. It is a lovely country and the Turks are friendly and hospitable. And as others have pointed out, over 6 tl to the £, so amazing value.

If you decide to come I'm certain you will have a fantastic time and want to come back.

If you want to play there are normally others Brits on holiday looking for some adult play

Have yourselves a great holiday x

"WE are expats living in SW Turkey near Fethiye for 7 years. It is a lovely country and the Turks are friendly and hospitable. And as others have pointed out, over 6 tl to the £, so amazing value.

If you decide to come I'm certain you will have a fantastic time and want to come back.

If you want to play there are normally others Brits on holiday looking for some adult play

"

hi thanks again for the detailed helpful reply much appreciated , been positive from all that have kindly replied and passed on helpful info given the hubby the green light to start looking at resorts and hotels xxx

By *agonitMan  over a year ago

bradford

Anyone one in altinkum didim area , cpls, singles ..

Yay she gave me the green light to book a holiday

I visited Turkey with an ex nearly 20 years ago and it is still one of the best holidays I’ve had.

There were lots of interesting sites to explore and the diverse and often tumultuous history of the region lends itself to some really intriguing places and stories.

The food was fantastic, the afore mentioned apple tea was divine.

Interestingly I got through the whole fortnight without needing to be a slapper and found the local people to be friendly, engaging and respectful especially when I showed an interest in the history of where I was visiting. I also didn’t see any evidence of British women acting or being expected to act as fun items for small minded, disrespectful, obnoxious, entitled misogynists.

Maybe the one individual is not representative of his fellow countrymen. Well, we can certainly hope.

Although the thread has, as is oft the case, allowed someone to clearly demonstrate their true nature and no doubt has helped to add some private notes or other filters along they way.

Am hitting lara beach on monday...sounds and looks amazing..so will let u know...hope some nice fabbers there..lol

i been bodrum before now off to dalyan start of september.

Bitez 7-14th sept

By *itznBobz2018Couple  over a year ago

edinburgh

We are heading to side near Antalya in September. I have been twice to maramaris and loved it.

Bobz

By *maxMan  over a year ago

bolton

"Hi what’s turkey like as a holiday destination hubby mentioned about going at end of summer but heard mixed reviews from friends any comments welcome x

brilliant

have a fantastic time if you two go "

kos is in greece

By *kyblue1878Couple  over a year ago

Southport

Going back again on 1st August for a family holiday. Been around 10 times and absolutely love it. Going to Icmeler near to Marmaris which is a beautiful resort with the bustle of Marmaris only 15 minutes away. Kusadasi is nice too as is Olu Deniz and Hisaronu. Didn't realise the exchange rate was so good. It was 4lira last time we went. Looking forward to the shopping even more now. Basically you can't go wrong with the weather or the people there. We're all inclusive but we've never had a bad meal when eating out. Enjoy

By *algraCouple  over a year ago

blackpool

Hi we have been 6 times going end sept staying in olu deniz found Turkey good value and beautiful scenery and beachs allways plenty to do and see

By *ature studentsCouple  over a year ago

Near Bournemouth Dorset.

We're going to Dalaman next weekend for a fortnight.

Are there any couples from here going the same time?

I found bodrum brilliant as close to airport

A lot of places have long transfer times

Sure I was in lambranda princess hotel

Was perfect

Bloody hot though

By *urple helmetMan  over a year ago

Swansea

Hisaronu is superb

By *amtan999Man  over a year ago

Haverfordwest

Hi Altinkum Didim brilliant have been 5 or 6 times now and heading out again on the 14th/08 for 2 weeks short trip this time as heading start to Grande Canary from there . I love the place even thinking of moving out there as have friends living there already. If anyone in Altinkum as same time as me say hi

By *haveusCouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

We have been the last 9 years to Gumbet near Bodrum. Great food out in restaurants even though we are all inclusive and hotel food is good.

Was with family for week in Jun this year and going back for the first week of Sept.

As others have said exchange rate is fantastic at present. We take Sterling and change over there. Normally one of the restaurants will give you a great deal.

Want a holiday with a difference? Turkey is the place for you, whether you want to take advantage of the sunny climate at one of the beautiful Mediterranean white sandy beaches, get in touch with its rich heritage and explore the historical grounds, ruins and museums Turkey has to offer or even give your taste buds a tickle and experience the delicious food. From shopping to Turkish baths, dancing to nightlife, day or night, Turkey holidays offer something for everyone of all ages.

By *ovfuncoupleCouple  over a year ago

Coventry cv6

We’ve been to kusadasi while we were over in Samos and although not to our taste it was busy and cheap and very hot. Worth the trip over from Samos though even if it’s just to shop for some cheap jewellery.

By *ndeenaMan  over a year ago

Upminster

"WE are expats living in SW Turkey near Fethiye for 7 years. It is a lovely country and the Turks are friendly and hospitable. And as others have pointed out, over 6 tl to the £, so amazing value.

"

I will be there (Fethiye) from this weekend. More tips on adult play will be handy. Thanks.

"Hisaronu is superb"

By *ULL_SALSAMan  over a year ago

London

i will be also from 15th august, till 4th of september in Fethiye

By *ndeenaMan  over a year ago

Upminster

"Hisaronu is superb "

Any travel tips to Fabbers for Hisaranou pls?

Exchange rate now 7.7 tl to £1

By *exonwwwMan  over a year ago

Turkey Antalya

"Exchange rate now 7.7 tl to £1"

Update now 8.2 tl to £1

Your lucky woman. Turkey would be shopping paradise for uk woman.

By *nlyDesiCandiTV/TS  over a year ago

london

By *jola23Man  over a year ago

Antalya

Any couple or f around Side ?

By *estweston15Couple  over a year ago

weston

we r going to olu deniz end of sept