FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > UK > Jeremy Paxman (71) Parkinson's

Jeremy Paxman (71) Parkinson's

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ubal1 OP   Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

I was saddened to learn that the grand-inquisitor, Jeremy Paxman, has been diagnosed with the initial symptoms of Parkinson's Disease, at the age of 71.

Regrettably, this condition, that is incurable, is increasing in prevalence as the population ages, having been almost unheard of in former times when the vast majority of people did not survive into old age.

The principal cause is a degeneration of cells in the brain that produce dopamine, and although artificial supplementation can retard the disease's progression for a time, the efficaciousness of orally administered dopamine declines.

Where tremors become a problem, deep brain stimulation has been proven to effective.

I wish Jeremy well and sincerely hope that medical research progresses rapidly enough in the coming years to provide an innovative intervention to his condition.

Regrettably, Parkinson's and other age-related brain dysfunctions are prevalent within my own family.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Personally I think that Parkinson's Disease and other age related illnesses are all connected to the western diet of sugar and wheat consumption but this is controversial because of all the science papers that are publish each year that provides proof that companies products are safe to consume.

Michael J Fox highlighted this disease and largely the world still believes that drug companies need to find a cure. We only have one body and it up to us to look after it.

Easier said than done I know.

By *ubal1 OP   Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Chronic stress over a prolonged period can accelerate neurological issues, that might otherwise remain dormant or develop at a much slower pace.

"Chronic stress over a prolonged period can accelerate neurological issues, that might otherwise remain dormant or develop at a much slower pace."

I completely agree with you.

By *he FAB Social - MCRCouple (FF)  over a year ago

manchester

My father has been diagnosed this week. I’m absolutely devastated but I’m gonna push my all into some fundraising at our events in the future. Xx

[Removed by poster at 31/03/22 11:37:30]

» Add a new message to this topic