FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > UK > Dogging recently and the decline of swinging?

Dogging recently and the decline of swinging?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *onyDunn OP   Man  over a year ago

Sevenoaks

I have been out and about throughout my patch at various dogging sites at different times/days. My patch includes most of the home counties around London but I do focus on The Kent, Essex, Sussex and Surrey more.

The quiet dogging sites are now just empty.

The busy dogging sites are just quiet. At the busy ones there are a few doggers some of which I chat to. Some I know well enough to get an honest appraisal of the current scene.

Overall it is really quiet and very few doggers about let alone couples. I get the odd report but it is nothing like it was before Covid when even then dogging opportunities were really slim.

In 2010 I could go to somewhere quiet and see 3 to 5 doggers about and at least one or two coupes a week. At a busy site it would be a dozen doggers or more and 3 to 6 couples a night.

By 2015/8 the quiet spots might have one coupe a week. The busy spots would have one couple a night or one every other night. Usually the same couples.

These days the quiet spots are empty after the dog walkers go home until midnight. The odd car might drive though but even that is rare.

At the busy sites it is now just 2 to 3 doggers occasionally and the same for drive throughs. If you see a couple it is once a week or more. (and usually the same couples)

Another indicator is the number of visits I see from the police or even boy racers. I have not seen a police car at a dogging site this year. I rarely see boy racers either.

Tried new locations, even places I consider gay cruising sites (not that that interests me). Their numbers are also down. For example one lay by that I detest, is one that 2-3 years ago it was almost ways full and difficult to park, it was that busy with cruisers/men. Now when I drive though it is largely empty or with just a single car or two.

I am still out frequently for work but I have become very selective on which car parks I divert off to. Nearly all of them are empty and remain so for the time I am parked up (hour or two).

Before Covid the general thought was that couples were preferring clubs to dogging. But I have heard that where clubs might have had 100+ couples at a party night in 2019 now it is more like 30 to 40 if they are lucky.

It might well be better up North or in the West but here it remains quiet, from my perspective.

Please feel free to comment and feedback you experiences

Any comments welcome.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *utdoorwhore4uCouple  over a year ago

bedford

we believe that it’s turned underground if a location is posted online to many men turn up and spoil things and don’t understand the signs we could be wrong

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

Dogging isn't really our thing but we sometimes go to the back of a quiet one for a bit of car fun.

We still see a few police cars but the big pain in the arse is people driving towards you with full beam on to see if there is a female in the car.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Agree..

Almost driving almost into the passenger door in slow motion..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Spot on. Some of the sites i regularly go to now often have the same few guys who drive up and down constantly with full beam on (one even has his fog lights on). Nothing is going to happen while he does a light show. Otherwise I’ve actually thought it’s been busier than pre-covid but just the times have changed. Spots used to be busy after work or very late, now with more working from home I’ve seen more daytime fun and more evening fun.

By *asygoingsexCouple  over a year ago

walkden

A lot of folk are put off by modern technology, like dash cams.. the footage could end up anywhere.

Perfect analogy of the decline in dogging, like you I visit many formerly known places in the SE , & rarely have I witnessed any activity, as you say the gay areas seem to be still active,

Such a shame it’s declined the way it has

Longridge

In many years and having a dash camera myself, I have never heard of it and images are too dark to make anything out.

Just don't park in the glare of inbound headlights..

[Removed by poster at 19/10/21 14:50:51]

Difficult to avoid the lights, since the drivers go to a lot of trouble to put them where they want them. 3-point turns/reversing lights..parking with the lights on then getting out for a look up close..stopping by the side and using a 10 trillion candlepower led searchlight..ALL things that happen every night.

You can’t even do anything in the dark…the use of gen3 nightsights is now common, and lots of them have video record.

Daytime dogging is going to be photographed, get used to it.

On the bright side, clubs are packed!

By *G CoupleCouple  over a year ago

kent

Been going dogging regular for years and find it really funny how most say its quiet.

These days the average night consists of guys driving about pissi_g couples off with their lights, then complain that the couples don't do anything

Maybe given chance they would but can't due to the lighting situation.

Who wants to have lights shine them up when getting it on lol.

We always wait for the idiots to bugger off before we have any fun, usually with the guys who know where their light switches are lol

The lighting is only a very small part of the problem us couples are up against

Interesting thread, i think i know which layby you are on about and i don't think it has been affected by covid. It seems busy every night and most mornings although i don't agree with its location. I must admit i have struggled to get involved with dogging being a single guy and knowing the signs and what is and isn't acceptable (when they drive off that means i fucked up)

By *erpentineMan  over a year ago

maidstone

used to be on another site,had quite a few meets diffrent areas of kent,some arranged and some not,not been out latley but can defenetly say daytime dogging does exist

By *orkshirefucktruckMan  over a year ago

rotherham

dogging is busy in yorkshire

By *oxminxCouple  over a year ago

NaughtyVille *×* Laois

Ah thinking back to the old days when dogging was only discovered through word of mouth or spending months on end scouring suitable possible locations looking for discarded evidence.

Now it's like everything else, Google u twat that u are

Longridge

I was 21 when discovered as uncle accidentally let slip it wasn't only fishing with a maggot on a hook when he went out Saturday nights.

Curiosity hot better of me..

Longridge

"Interesting thread, i think i know which layby you are on about and i don't think it has been affected by covid. It seems busy every night and most mornings although i don't agree with its location. I must admit i have struggled to get involved with dogging being a single guy and knowing the signs and what is and isn't acceptable (when they drive off that means i fucked up) "

Keep you lights on side knock out dipped beam and put fogs on when entering car parks to keep light out people's faces.

Don't drive in slow or like a rabbit frozen in headlights if something is happening.

Drive in, park up two or more car spaces away (although some prick will squeeze in the gap), don't go rushing over, wait for a sign or that it's obvious something is happening.

Don't bunny hop around followi_g couples parking away from others, you've got legs, use them and give space.

By *unToShareMan  over a year ago

S Yorkshire

Must just need to be in the know then lol. Me and the Mrs haven't found a single place yet. We've been to the known spots in the area but nothing at all.

By *arlymorningtrouserfumbleMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

It seems to have had a bit of a renaissance a lately in Yorkshire.... You still get the numpties that don't have a clue about dogging etiquette and just sit there for hours on end without getting out of their cars.

By *a4623Man  over a year ago

The North

Dogging is definitely still “a thing” but there has been a noticeable decline in the last decade. Social media has to be a huge factor, so many meets are now pre-arranged and happen away from the “traditional” dogging spots. Media coverage also didn’t help the decline, with many historical locations now available to anyone who has access to google. Add to that newer and better clubs, technology such as dashcams and more and more boy racers and police patrols.

Of course for those of us who love the excitement of dogging, it will always exist to some extent, planned meets don’t offer the same “unknown” factor I guess!

Behaviour is also a problem, gone seem the days when guys would pick a spot and sit and wait patiently. All you see these days is car after car flying from one spot to the next, deliberately aiming headlights into cars to try and spot who’s inside. This must be so off putting for couples and females. A lot also seem to not be able to handle potential rejection, yes you might find a spot with a few people having fun, this does not mean you are automatically invited to join! Just because it’s dogging, doesn’t mean that some mutual attraction isn’t important, that goes for attitude too.

Overall, yes the scene is a shadow of it’s former self, but there is definitely still fun to be had. As long as you follow the unwritten rules, be polite and courteous and don’t over expect. My hit rate must be around 1 in 10 trips now, whereas 10 years ago, just about every weekend night you would be almost guaranteed to at the very least “see some action!”

Happy dogging people

By *bthreeCouple  over a year ago

Yeovil

Weve tried but no one about in a know area, although we were early 8pm ,is there a start time ?

By *hrisy69Man  over a year ago

chester/hawarden

"Weve tried but no one about in a know area, although we were early 8pm ,is there a start time ?"

Not sure there is such a thing as a start time but 8pm might be a bit early

We are very active on the dogging scene, see our verification,

We would say at least 99% of the time we can have stranger fun.

By *ivek68Man  over a year ago

york

"dogging is busy in yorkshire "
not much going on in York

By *j60Man  over a year ago

Wetherby /scaroborough

Not at this time

By *orkshirefucktruck1Couple  over a year ago

barnsley

we love dogging and out reguler

I think one big issue is etiquette. So many guys just full beaming and waiting around to watch. Plus if they're politely to told to jog on they usually end up following too the next spot.

I've found some great spots in the SW but usually pre-arrange meets with couples/singles as to avoid disappointment. That way we know timings and what car to look put for etc. What 3 words has certainly helped with that.

By *cotsboyMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"we love dogging and out reguler"

Fantastic photos on your profile apologies for fabing so many

By *orkshirefucktruck1Couple  over a year ago

barnsley

thankyou,check yorkshire fucktruck out if u like dogging pics

By *onyDunn OP   Man  over a year ago

Sevenoaks

Agree behaviour is an issue and that has been developing over manner years. There is a mentality to treat the female in a couple as a piece of meat. The 'lets put are full beam on into every car because they are too lazy to park up and wait and see who is about chaps' but want instant confirmation of couples present. The 'let me drive in and now i'm here guys' who expect a couple to start playing immediately. Lastly, the 'I can see that it might start but if i'm not included i'm going to ruin it for everyone' hunks.

All of this is true. They read about something on the internet of other social media and think they have got it sussed. No discretion needed for them, after all haven't the couples been waiting all night for their arrival? And they are on a time limit before the wife indoors notices they have been a long time on that excuse of an errand. They were about before the pandemic and are still present.

So apart from the messages from out West and up North, the vibe from the SE (A14 to the North and A34 to the West), is that dogging is still in Lockdown with just a few couples out and about and even doggers partly giving up. For example in my travels I know a few to talk to at various sites. Well enough to be included and talk to while waiting for a couple. There is a spectrum but at most sites the crews are gone. I have not seen them or the members since C19. At some I just see the odd familiar face who also report that "I have seen him since lock down or I have only seen him trice". Such crews were regulars on many nights.

The same applies to couples. Just a few have continued since C19. Not any new ones.

Lastly, I monitor the clubs. No sell out of tickets for Halloween parties this year. Couples and chaps that still go reports that dance floors that used to be heaving and play rooms that were always busy are not like that now.

Just some thoughts but 2022 could see a decline in the number of clubs.

Has Britain lost its thirst for swinging?

"Agree behaviour is an issue and that has been developing over manner years. There is a mentality to treat the female in a couple as a piece of meat. The 'lets put are full beam on into every car because they are too lazy to park up and wait and see who is about chaps' but want instant confirmation of couples present. The 'let me drive in and now i'm here guys' who expect a couple to start playing immediately. Lastly, the 'I can see that it might start but if i'm not included i'm going to ruin it for everyone' hunks.

All of this is true. They read about something on the internet of other social media and think they have got it sussed. No discretion needed for them, after all haven't the couples been waiting all night for their arrival? And they are on a time limit before the wife indoors notices they have been a long time on that excuse of an errand. They were about before the pandemic and are still present.

So apart from the messages from out West and up North, the vibe from the SE (A14 to the North and A34 to the West), is that dogging is still in Lockdown with just a few couples out and about and even doggers partly giving up. For example in my travels I know a few to talk to at various sites. Well enough to be included and talk to while waiting for a couple. There is a spectrum but at most sites the crews are gone. I have not seen them or the members since C19. At some I just see the odd familiar face who also report that "I have seen him since lock down or I have only seen him trice". Such crews were regulars on many nights.

The same applies to couples. Just a few have continued since C19. Not any new ones.

Lastly, I monitor the clubs. No sell out of tickets for Halloween parties this year. Couples and chaps that still go reports that dance floors that used to be heaving and play rooms that were always busy are not like that now.

Just some thoughts but 2022 could see a decline in the number of clubs.

Has Britain lost its thirst for swinging?"

Clubs being down in members playing would be expected with a pandemic.

The 'decline' could also be due to many introducing a limitation of the number of single males and, at least in one, no-single-male Saturday nights.

I drive past VA in beds late Friday and saturday nights and the carpark is now full again

» Add a new message to this topic